View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 09:10 PM #17
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSpears View Post
Trust me, I understand you guys who are saying "Why should he be warned? All he was saying is what he believes in, he wasn't aggressive about it." However, would you say the same thing if a white housemate sat there and said "I don't think it's normal to be black. I think they should try and change their race and bleach their skin because their race is a birth defect, like some form of handicap." If the person was completely unaggressive about it, would this be okay and not warrant a warning or removal from the house?

There isn't any difference between homophobia and racism and religion should not be used as an excuse to be able to broadcast that opinion on television. It's like saying that there's nothing wrong with radical extreme muslims voicing their views about terrorism.
I agree with this 100%

In my opinion it doesn't matter how calmly or aggressive he said it. It's still hate speech in my eyes, and of course he's entitled to have his own opinion but I don't understand how people can say they disagree with it but feel that it wasn't as bad just because he said in a soft tone.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.