Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 24-01-2013, 03:01 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Is this a reasonable request?

ordered some large items monday paid for 24 hour delivery but they still havent arrived

so i ring the firm ive bought them off leave a message tues wed and today....no one rings back...i was told this morning than a chap called dave sent them and would be back later he had to deal with it

i ring again after speaking to 4 people a member of staff says they left the depot monday....but no dave, im now told hes on leave

I then asked this member of staff if she could contact the firm they use and let me know where the items are, she said the person who sent the item called dave was away and only he could deal with it, so I gave her a reference number and suddenly should found the order...she repeated the line it left monday...so i asked her if she could contact the courier

i then waited on the phone for 15 minutes and she returned and said shed spoken to them and it may be here friday

at this stage i asked can you ring me tomorrow with an update , this is when it went pear shaped, she diverted the call to someone else, i asked her if she or the company would call me back with an update tomorrow, she said id get a callback from dave when he was back from leave

then she cut the phone off

in this scenario is the onus on this company to update customers on where their parcels are or can they simply give the customers the contact number of the couriers and wash their hands of it?
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 03:06 PM #2

That's pretty disgraceful considering you paid for 24 hour delivery. The company should have a tracking number that the courier company provide that they can give to you for tracking. I would be asking for any extra delivery costs to be reimbursed as they have not provided the service you have paid for. I would say the onus is on them to keep you updated but they sound a pretty shoddy bunch from what you have described.

Hope they turn up tomorrow for you
Old 24-01-2013, 03:47 PM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniek76 View Post
That's pretty disgraceful considering you paid for 24 hour delivery. The company should have a tracking number that the courier company provide that they can give to you for tracking. I would be asking for any extra delivery costs to be reimbursed as they have not provided the service you have paid for. I would say the onus is on them to keep you updated but they sound a pretty shoddy bunch from what you have described.

Hope they turn up tomorrow for you
cheers annie.......its fuel injectors for a bus, so ive lost a fortune as by the time they get here it has to be coded and installed so this will see this bus off the road for at least a week now....the staff there didnt give a stuff and just lied repeatedly then tried to make me look like the bad guy, when all i wanted to know is where is my product?
Old 24-01-2013, 05:29 PM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I think you have every right to be furious The Truth.

They should make sure they have reliable couriers for delivery and they also should ensure things are delivered in accordance with the agreement and your wishes.

You should also be kept up to date as to where the items are,when they were despatched to you and what day they will be likely be delivered.

Sadly a lot of companies just ignore customers moaning now but if you asked for 24 hour delivery, you are completely in the right and have every reason to be getting annoyed about it.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 06:01 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
ordered some large items monday paid for 24 hour delivery but they still havent arrived

so i ring the firm ive bought them off leave a message tues wed and today....no one rings back...i was told this morning than a chap called dave sent them and would be back later he had to deal with it

i ring again after speaking to 4 people a member of staff says they left the depot monday....but no dave, im now told hes on leave

I then asked this member of staff if she could contact the firm they use and let me know where the items are, she said the person who sent the item called dave was away and only he could deal with it, so I gave her a reference number and suddenly should found the order...she repeated the line it left monday...so i asked her if she could contact the courier

i then waited on the phone for 15 minutes and she returned and said shed spoken to them and it may be here friday

at this stage i asked can you ring me tomorrow with an update , this is when it went pear shaped, she diverted the call to someone else, i asked her if she or the company would call me back with an update tomorrow, she said id get a callback from dave when he was back from leave

then she cut the phone off

in this scenario is the onus on this company to update customers on where their parcels are or can they simply give the customers the contact number of the couriers and wash their hands of it?

Do Not Order things while Snow is about.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 06:06 PM #6
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Sounds like Dave is a right dick
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:04 PM #7

I sent for a photocanvas at least 6 weeks ago,no show as yet,,,,,keep getting fobbed off by email....trouble is i bought it thru a discount voucher company and paid them and had to pay the photo company the P+P...............fecking annoying.
cobdo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 02:55 PM #8
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdo View Post
I sent for a photocanvas at least 6 weeks ago,no show as yet,,,,,keep getting fobbed off by email....trouble is i bought it thru a discount voucher company and paid them and had to pay the photo company the P+P...............fecking annoying.
still no sign ? the lady on the phone diverted the call to another woman today who said Id reduced the first woman to tears so now she had to terminate the call? hiding behind sexism now....pathetic?
Old 25-01-2013, 03:02 PM #9
Bow Down to Your Queen

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Nicole
BBCanada 2: Heather
Bow Down to Your Queen

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Nicole
BBCanada 2: Heather

No.
Jenn-CityIVLyfe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote