Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:55 PM #1

Default Does BB reflect the Viewer

I saw a thread indicating bookie have limited the size of bet they are excepting on BB pointing to possibility of a betting scam which is believable since a smaller number of views must translates into fewer votes and thus it is easier to swing the results...the same thread suggested as little as 20,000 pds could manipulate the vote...But rigged or not...

before the eviction Marc was the favorite to win... He was was near or above 50% in the popularity in several polls in a field of 9..and that number had risen by more the 12 points over 5 days..on Facebook a poll the day of eviction showed him with close to 6500 supporting him as opposed to the others up (more then 6 times the amount of his closest competitor and 3 times more then the other 3 combined) with a sample size of 8300 this should have be a very trust worth indicator of what viewer opinion is.

Do you want the the show to reflect viewer opinions? In my opinion a contestant most popular with nearly 50% in a field of 9 should not have been evicted ... he should have been in the final 2 and most likely won.

I can't recall a situation where a contestant so far ahead in the favored polls as well bookies favorite was evicted.

For whatever reason it seems to me BB no longer reflects the viewers will
Old 08-07-2015, 02:01 PM #2

Because not many people who vote in polls would spend hard-earned money to vote in a show, especially these days
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:16 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegazer View Post
Because not many people who vote in polls would spend hard-earned money to vote in a show, especially these days
for that to explain the dependency the statement would have to be "not many people who spend hard-earned money to vote in the show take the time to vote in polls" which seems illogical since voting in a poll is free and thus "easier".

but that still doesn't address the basic question about bb reflecting viewer opinion
Old 08-07-2015, 03:12 PM #4
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Cynics will tell you that theres is a betting scam and 20k a week is being spent on an unlikely candidate to leave, realists will tell you that next to nobody votes at all. Either way its hard for bookies to call.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:16 PM #5
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

I like the mixture of vote to evict and vote to win. It makes it interesting, without it marc would have been firm favourite by week 2 and the others wouldnt stand a chance.

If it was vote to save in the evictions, i think i'd want the final to be vote to lose.

The same voting style throughout makes the game boring to me. It works alright with cbb but thats only 3 weeks long.

Letting the fans both punish and reward behaviour with their votes are important aspects to the show imo

Last edited by Withano; 08-07-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:25 PM #6
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Marc was favourite to win at 10pm Friday still but it's vote to evict so he left thank goodness
Old 08-07-2015, 03:26 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I like the mixture of vote to evict and vote to win. It makes it interesting, without it marc would have been firm favourite by week 2 and the others wouldnt stand a chance.

If it was vote to save in the evictions, i think i'd want the final to be vote to lose.

The same voting style throughout makes the game boring to me. It works alright with cbb but thats only 3 weeks long.

Letting the fans both punish and reward behaviour with their votes are important aspects to the show imo
But is it really fair? Does it reflect what the viewers want? has it happened before and when?

you don't shoot the horse that is 3 lengths ahead in a race just so you can see which of the remaining nags crosses the finish line first.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:29 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Marc was favourite to win at 10pm Friday still but it's vote to evict so he left thank goodness
yup..i think i stated almost the same in my original post (with out the thank god)

the question was has it happen before and does it trult reflect what the viewers want?
Old 08-07-2015, 03:44 PM #9
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin5779 View Post
But is it really fair? Does it reflect what the viewers want? has it happened before and when?

you don't shoot the horse that is 3 lengths ahead in a race just so you can see which of the remaining nags crosses the finish line first.
Yes it reflects what the viewers want. I think youre forgetting that he topped both the favourite and least favourite housemate polls.. I think its important to keep negative and positive voting systems in place to give a more accurate result on what the viewers want and we do this. And its a good indication on what the viewers want.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:58 PM #10
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:

Agree with this
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:42 PM #11

Quote:
Yes it reflects what the viewers want. I think youre forgetting that he topped both the favourite and least favourite housemate polls.. I think its important to keep negative and positive voting systems in place to give a more accurate result on what the viewers want and we do this. And its a good indication on what the viewers want.

sorry...but when he was near 50 % in a field of 9...and his favorable was 15 points higher then his negative...evictions was not a reflection of what the viewers wanted .. if was either a scam..or a system that allowed the minority to over ride the majority
Old 08-07-2015, 08:13 PM #12
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin5779 View Post
sorry...but when he was near 50 % in a field of 9...and his favorable was 15 points higher then his negative...evictions was not a reflection of what the viewers wanted .. if was either a scam..or a system that allowed the minority to over ride the majority
Sorry, Think I misunderstood your thread for a genuine question for the forum to answer? Was it just an excuse to state your opinion?

If it was an actual question, then in my opinion, a person who is voted the least popular should not win the money and VTE does well to eliminate an unpopular housemate from winning and a mixture of VTE and VTW is the best way to reflect what the viewers want. If it was an excuse to state your opinion about how super awesome Marc was and how cross you are that the series didn't go your way and how the rules should change to suit your idealism, then you should have probably have made that clearer in your OP.

Last edited by Withano; 08-07-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, reflect, viewer