Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-2020, 06:49 PM #21
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble1321075 View Post
The democrats are not fighting for you any more than the republicans are fighting for me. They are telling us the things they think we want to hear to get our votes. They dont give a damn about you, me or anyone but themselves.
You claim i am defending the republicans because I favor them. I generally do view them as the lesser of two evils but that has nothing to do with I am defending them. I am defending them because they are not breaking any rules. I may or may not like the judge they appoint, i dont like the last 2, but they have the power and the right to nominate whoever they want. If democrats think its unfair they should of made a rule in congress that prevents it. Don't forget it was harry reid who ended the filibuster rule for judges when he was the democrats leader of the senate. If that rule were in place the democrats could of blocked not just this next nomination but the 2 previous ones as well. Democrats didn't like having their judicial nominations blocked. They didn't want to negotiate with the other side so they changed it to a simple majority vote and now they are reaping what they sowed.
Rest assured republicans are gonna find themselves in the wrong side of this rule someday too. I will be equally unsympathetic to them too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Of course they aren't fighting for me, I'm not american.

There's no logic in saying that the Republicans are the lesser of two evils when you have Mitch McConnell voting down measures to prevent outside influence (IE Russia) with the election, choosing to vote down Covid relief in favour of making more judge appointments etc, how can you say Republicans are the lesser of two evils when Trump has committed endless crimes whilst in office and had all but one of the republicans clear him for it?

Answer me this, how can you say that the republicans are the lesser of two evils when it's been the republicans politicising and underplaying the pandemic to the tune of over 200,000 deaths? How about the human rights abuses going on at the border? Obama introduced a law that gave the authorities the power to seperate immigrant children at the border from their guardians if they suspected abuse and/or trafficking. This power was not used much at all during Obama's administration, yet the Trump administration used it as justification for their cruelty by splitting up thousands of families and leaving children to die in cells they shouldn't have been in. The republicans have basically allowed concentration camps to pop up along the border yet they are the lesser of two evils, in your eyes?!

I advise you spend less time watching Fox News.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bader, ginsburg, passed, ruth