Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Old 03-09-2018, 12:20 PM #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiwong View Post
I knew beforhand that tempers are high and alot of people are angry at what Roxy did, and its totally understandable.

But from the summaries of the Roxy's appearence on Jeremy Vine that I've read, are totally different from what I saw.

When people are in a hightened and angry state, when watching the interview, their mind adjust what they see
to something that is more acceptable to them. Their mind filters out what they want and don't want to accept.
Some people never want to forgive Roxy, so their mind filters what they see occordingly. So in the
end what they experience is different from what actually occured.

Does this behaviour sound similar to what some other individual did ?

If you were to watch this interview in a months time when everyone has calmed down, you will see a totally differently interview.

I've had personal experience of someone close to me who's been through traumatic events, and the way Roxy is behaving is
very similar. People who have been through trauma can easily be 'triggered' by certain actions however passive and non-aggressive,
and consequent action can be hurtful. The hurt is real but not intentional and once the person has calmed down and see what they
have done they are apologetic.

Roxy sould listen to Amelia and get professional counseling to help manage trauma.
I am sorry but I just do not agree.

This behaviour has been going on for many years and has worked for Roxanne in the past, as so many have recently told.

Because it has worked, she had no compunction in carrying on doing it and by result, trying to ruin others careers.

Where was this abuse victim excuse relevant when she was bullying at school, long before anything had happened to her.

In fact, she had become so over confident, she had no problems in thinking she could hoodwink BB and the viewing public by targeting a person she had a previous beef with, right in front of cameras.

Where her lies had worked previously with no camera footage, she seriously miscalculated this time.

If it hadn't have been Ryan, it would have been Hardeep as she had already attempted to implicate him by her pool jump.

She should not be allowed to use DV as her get out clause because on many occasions her nasty behaviour was not primed by anything anywhere like violence, just her nasty vindictiveness when there was something she didn't care for.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:23 PM #177
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I knew beforhand that tempers are high and alot of people are angry at what Roxy did, and its totally understandable.

But from the summaries of the Roxy's appearence on Jeremy Vine that I've read, are totally different from what I saw.

When people are in a hightened and angry state, when watching the interview, their mind adjust what they see
to something that is more acceptable to them. Their mind filters out what they want and don't want to accept.
Some people never want to forgive Roxy, so their mind filters what they see occordingly. So in the
end what they experience is different from what actually occured.

Does this behaviour sound similar to what some other individual did ?

If you were to watch this interview in a months time when everyone has calmed down, you will see a totally differently interview.

I've had personal experience of someone close to me who's been through traumatic events, and the way Roxy is behaving is
very similar. People who have been through trauma can easily be 'triggered' by certain actions however passive and non-aggressive,
and consequent action can be hurtful. The hurt is real but not intentional and once the person has calmed down and see what they

Roxy sould listen to Amelia and get professional counseling to help manage trauma.
Sorry but I do not agree with a word you've said
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:26 PM #178

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
She’s inflicting trauma on other people with her trauma. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Even IF she did go through what she is attesting to, which I doubt the more and more I read up about her and listen to her but that’s not my place, it’s not an excuse. Some of the more evil criminals in the world have been through trauma probably, yet where is their sympathy facing life sentences? Why should it be any different for Roxanne? If she was raped and as a result raped people, would you be saying the same thing?

Also, let’s not forget, hundreds of people that she’s worked with, including 21 of her costars, can attest to the behaviour being displayed here. Why do you think she asked to speak to the producers? Is it not obvious she knows damn well that what happened isn’t how she is describing, which is why she can only operate in the shadows? Was Sally not 100% correct, that any person who seriously thought they were in danger would’ve left and got a lawyer?

The panel on Jeremy Vine didn't even question her casual behaviour as the incident happened, she LAUGHED when Ryan supposedly hurt her .

Her story never made sense , and why did she keep trying to get Ryan removed. Why did it keep taking a darker turn with her lies !!! .

Her feelings are BS, she claims only now she realised after watching back the video that he didn't hurt mean to hurt her yet she said she was in pain at the time wtf . Lies & contradictions!!! .
I bet her agent or family told her how bad things look and that she has to "apologise" to save her career.And to hype up the whole "sensitivity" bs story to make people feel sorry for her ,it's pathetic and I still see through her .
Old 03-09-2018, 12:32 PM #179

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post

The panel on Jeremy Vine didn't even question her casual behaviour as the incident happened, she LAUGHED when Ryan supposedly hurt her .

Her story never made sense , and why did she keep trying to get Ryan removed. Why did it keep taking a darker turn with her lies !!! .

Her feelings are BS, she claims only now she realised after watching back the video that he didn't hurt mean to hurt her yet she said she was in pain at the time wtf . Lies & contradictions!!! .
I bet her agent or family told her how bad things look and that she has to "apologise" to save her career.And to hype up the whole "sensitivity" bs story to make people feel sorry for her ,it's pathetic and I still see through her .
I really really don’t understand why people can’t see she’s only saying sorry because she got caught. If she never got brought up on it she would’ve gone about her day without the care of the world.

The panel was so bad all I want is one person who’s like not hyper blunt but just asks tough questions. He kept bringing up twitter abuse like who gives a ****. Then one of the dewds going oh they’re all just jumping (referring to the costars coming out) on the bandwagon of hate like ??? Then the one girl saying it’s a small thing that got blown up like do you think it would’ve been a small th8ng for Ryan if his career got destroyed? Was it a small thing for everyone else she’s labelled as a woman beater? Ugh utter waste of time
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:37 PM #180
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I really really don’t understand why people can’t see she’s only saying sorry because she got caught. If she never got brought up on it she would’ve gone about her day without the care of the world.

The panel was so bad all I want is one person who’s like not hyper blunt but just asks tough questions. He kept bringing up twitter abuse like who gives a ****. Then one of the dewds going oh they’re all just jumping (referring to the costars coming out) on the bandwagon of hate like ??? Then the one girl saying it’s a small thing that got blown up like do you think it would’ve been a small th8ng for Ryan if his career got destroyed? Was it a small thing for everyone else she’s labelled as a woman beater? Ugh utter waste of time
Wheres Piers when you need him ?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:38 PM #181

Well we can only hope that Emma is not gonna let her off so lightly tonight .

I don't want her getting away with all the tripe she spouted on Jeremy Vine as i don't want to listen feeble excuses by the evil mare.

Last edited by hijaxers; 03-09-2018 at 12:39 PM.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:43 PM #182

I hope Emma asks why she actually left....what she thought would happen and why if she felt she had been assaulted why when offered she didn't contact the police.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:43 PM #183
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiwong;10196693 People who have been through trauma can easily be 'triggered' by certain actions however passive and non-aggressive,
and consequent action can be hurtful. The hurt is real but not intentional and [B
once the person has calmed down and see what they
[/B]
Bless her, she's obviously had a hurtful past and she needs help to resolve it.

But it is not acceptable to transfer unresolved hurts from the past onto other people. Ryan could have been ruined by this.

As for apologies:
Would she really have apologised if she hadn't been found out?

She never apologised in 2 days in the house - she did the opposite: she doubled-down and made it even worse:

(Taking Ben aside, firing him up against Ryan, exaggerating the punches on Ben's ribs; telling others not believe Ryan, using acting skills and tears as manipulation.)

She only changed her tune when the crowd started booing, the other HMs reacted and she walked out and realised the national scandal it has become and how she had painted herself into a corner.

Oh now she is apologising...
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:45 PM #184

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Yes she's not sorry to Ryan, or anyone else at all, just sorry she got caught.

Last edited by Swan; 03-09-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:46 PM #185
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Do you think the interview will have been pre recorded and just played on the show ? I doubt very much it will be live in front of an audience and with the crowd just behind the doors
Old 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM #186

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Quote:
She’s inflicting trauma on other people with her trauma. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

From my own personal experience, a person who had past trauma has many ups and downs in temperament. However, when things manifest for the worse
the "illness" takes over their behaviour. Sometimes you don't know how much the person is there and how much the "illness".
saiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:49 PM #187
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
From my own personal experience, a person who had past trauma has many ups and downs in temperament. However, when things manifest for the worse
the "illness" takes over their behaviour. Sometimes you don't know how much the person is there and how much the "illness".
What proof do you have of her having a past trauma ? why wasn't the e charged or even the police called ?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:51 PM #188

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes that’s a given (if she does have trauma) but it isn’t an excuse or a cop out. I could go in circles trying to understand her psychology and it doesn’t change the incident itself and why it’s so bad
Old 03-09-2018, 12:52 PM #189

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Beaten as a child.
Sexually abused as a child.
Raped as a teenager.
All this and I have never felt the urge to lie due to any trauma.
She is a bloody fantasist.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:52 PM #190

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

This is what I hate about media & television, they know the allegations are disgusting & damaging yet they barely confront the person face to face & they seem to think by giving Roxanne a platform to give her fake apology makes everything ok again.

I've noticed that seems to be the attitude Where they think an apology and a long winded BS story solves everything. Well it doesn't as it wasn't a minor thing she accused Ryan of it was something ugly & big . And without video footage ,it would of probably affected Ryan's health & mind .

There's far too many co stars exposing her unstable manipulative ways ,if it was 3 actors with an axe to grind against her then maybe she could say it's not true. But nobody can or should believe a word that comes out her mouth anyway .

21 actors !! Have had problems with her , which says a lot and I believe them .

As for the Twitter "abuse" it's actually people supporting Ryan and it affected viewers so obviously they're angry ,that's what the panel refused to address . And the people are telling the truth about her being a lying bitch and she can't handle it . That why she's backtracking and using terrible unforgivable excuses.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 03-09-2018 at 12:56 PM.
GoldHeart is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:57 PM #191

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
This is what I hate about media & television, they know the allegations are disgusting & damaging yet they barely confront the person face to face & they seem to think by giving Roxanne a platform to give her fake apology makes everything ok again.

I've noticed that seems to be the attitude Where they think an apology and a long winded BS story solves everything. Well it doesn't as it wasn't a minor thing she accused Ryan if it was something ugly & big . And without video footage ,it would of probably affected Ryan's health & mind .

There's far too many co stars exposing her unstable manipulative ways ,if it was 3 actors with an ace ti grind against her then maybe she could say it's not true. But nobody can or should believe a word that comes out her mouth anyway .

21 actors !! Have had problems with her , which says a lot and I believe them .

As for the Twitter "abuse" it's actually people supporting Ryan and it affected viewers so obviously they're angry ,that's what the panel refused to address . And the people are telling the truth about her being a lying bitch and she can't handle it . That why she's backtracking and using terrible unforgivable excuses.
The panel have little sympathy because it’s something they haven’t really dealt with hands on. Stuff like this is a relatively new circumstance because of our ever changing society. Hopefully this has helped people see nuance and understand a new perspective and issue.
Yeah media sux. They were able to hide how dangerous roxy is from the public eye desire the allegations stacking up. It’s all a spectacle, and in this case a politically polarised spectacle. I think Kim Woodburn, ironically, said it best. ‘Never trust what you see on tv’
Old 03-09-2018, 12:57 PM #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Beaten as a child.
Raped as a teenager.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:01 PM #193

Many years ago, I was married to an abusive man when I was young.

In those days, it was shameful for the woman to admit to it. When I could I left with my children.

I didn't use this as an excuse, for whatever else happened in my life, I moved on, stayed strong and met someone fantastic who I have been married to for many many years.

I didn't put those early hurts onto anyone else or take it out on anyone else so let's get it clear, it is not an automatic reaction to do so as so many women have not resorted to this unlike Roxanne.

She had the wherewithal and the money to get help if she felt threatened so many times and with so little reason, she is a grown woman in a public arena and has been around DV women and knows the steps to take if necessary.

What a poor excuse of a woman she is, she demeans us by her abusive nature towards others.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:01 PM #194
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Having a troubled past is no excuse for hurting people. Ive had my fair share of trauma, but i wouldn't dream of accusing innocent men.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:07 PM #195

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
Many years ago, I was married to an abusive man when I was young.

In those days, it was shameful for the woman to admit to it. When I could I left with my children.

I didn't use this as an excuse, for whatever else happened in my life, I moved on, stayed strong and met someone fantastic who I have been married to for many many years.

I didn't put those early hurts onto anyone else or take it out on anyone else so let's get it clear, it is not an automatic reaction to do so as so many women have not resorted to this unlike Roxanne.

She had the wherewithal and the money to get help if she felt threatened so many times and with so little reason, she is a grown woman in a public arena and has been around DV women and knows the steps to take if necessary.

What a poor excuse of a woman she is, she demeans us by her abusive nature towards others.

Yes, she is a disgrace.
After going through real trauma why would anyone want to cry wolf?
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:07 PM #196

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The panel have little sympathy because it’s something they haven’t really dealt with hands on. Stuff like this is a relatively new circumstance because of our ever changing society. Hopefully this has helped people see nuance and understand a new perspective and issue.
Yeah media sux. They were able to hide how dangerous roxy is from the public eye desire the allegations stacking up. It’s all a spectacle, and in this case a politically polarised spectacle. I think Kim Woodburn, ironically, said it best. ‘Never trust what you see on tv’
I actually laughed when she said her "mind ran away with her" , She's completely delusional .
She doesn't give a damn about Ryan . If she did then while she was still in the house then she would of owned up and apologised properly to Ryan instead of milking the whole thing and playing victim.

She got a rude awakening with the chants And when she left she probably read a lot on social media,and she watched back CBB and realised how pathetic she looks and how nobody will want to work with her . This is purely a PR stunt her appearance on Jeremy Vine.

And she's probably only doing the interview with Emma tonight to try and claw back a few breadcrumbs of her fee she didn't get . Plus she'll enjoy more attention and it will be more BS apologies & lies .
Old 03-09-2018, 02:18 PM #197

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Beaten as a child.
Raped as a teenager.
We all love you here smudgie..
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:46 PM #198

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah completely...all it would mean for someone who would do that..is that they’re capable of behaving in an awful way as well to someone ...with no care of the impact on that person...behaving as Roxanne has...
Nothing would be achieved by by that sort of behaviour
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:47 PM #199
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Beaten as a child.
Raped as a teenager.
omg, so sorry it happened to you
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:48 PM #200
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Beaten as a child.
Raped as a teenager.
Oh my

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discuss, jeremy, roxanne, vine