Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Threads were created highlighting different cases of police brutality towards black people that ended up in them losing their lives. These threads were merged into one with no care and subsequent ones were deleted. Even though it took months and hundreds of posts for 'Can blackface be funny?' to finally be deleted.
Well I cant comment on the threads being merged like I said I never merged them and I personally think they would have been better off in seperate threads but the person that did it must've had a reason possibly duplicate posts idk

However if a thread had been created about trump yesterday with all of the comments moniqua posted then it wouldnt have been a problem...
Old 02-06-2020, 07:35 PM #27
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Agree with this
Just stop doing it then
Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 PM #28
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
However if a thread had been created about trump yesterday with all of the comments moniqua posted then it wouldnt have been a problem...
Why do posting in different threads have different consequences? The thread she posted in was a CHAT THREAD. With NO TOPIC. If that's the case you may as well ban everyone who talks about Trump in said thread.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:42 PM #29
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Please sign petitions, share and donate and do whatever you can to help. If you click the first gif in my sig it will take you to a great site with many ways to help out if you're unsure how that is frequently updated. The second gif will take you to a YT video created for the sole purpose of helping people donate even if they don't have money as all money made from ads will go straight towards donations. And there is so much more you can do. It's not enough to be silently non racist. We need to vocally be anti racism.

Black Lives Matter.
Just because we're on a new page and I don't want the main meaning behind the thread to get lost.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:44 PM #30
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

What was he trying to achieve by spamming her thread though? No-one would disagree that black lives do matter, of course they do. Did he think copy+pasting it over and over would win over the hypothetical racists? Or was he trying to get a rise out of people?

Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 PM #31
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
What was he trying to achieve by spamming her thread though? No-one would disagree that black lives do matter, of course they do. Did he think copy+pasting it over and over would win over the hypothetical racists? Or was he trying to get a rise out of people?
No he was just posting different incidents of Trump's racism. Is he not allowed?
Old 02-06-2020, 07:49 PM #32
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No he was just posting different incidents of Trump's racism. Is he not allowed?
Ah I misread, I thought he’d posted 34 BLM rather than those (informative, some I hadn’t heard of) posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Old 02-06-2020, 07:52 PM #33

Quote:
Why do posting in different threads have different consequences? The thread she posted in was a CHAT THREAD. With NO TOPIC. If that's the case you may as well ban everyone who talks about Trump in said thread.
They dont?

Spam is spam regardless of where its posted.

If the member had created a thread about trump and posted those comments yesterday it could have been an interesting informative discussion (I actually sat and read them all again because I was interested in the points being made) but that's not what the member wanted instead they wanted a reaction which is why they then went onto posting insults.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:53 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Ah I misread, I thought he’d posted 34 BLM rather than those (informative, some I hadn’t heard of) posts
It was posts about trump then black lives matter (which was also posted as black.lives.matter each word in different posts = spam) and then insults
Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 PM #35
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Depends on the intent. I don't know if anyone in that thread was a Trump supporter, but why spam a chat thread with stuff he's said and done? If anyone still likes Trump, they're probably aware of all that sh1+ and don't care.

Sometimes people are fighting a losing battle, and/or preaching to a choir who doesn't care and doesn't need to see it in every thread Starting a thread called "Trump's racism" would have been more constructive.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:55 PM #36
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It was posts about trump then black lives matter (which was also posted as black.lives.matter each word in different posts = spam) and then insults
I can completely understand the insults not being productive (and it’s a shame, as quite truthfully without those insults, it would’ve been a very good point well made)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Old 02-06-2020, 07:58 PM #37
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
They dont?

Spam is spam regardless of where its posted.

If the member had created a thread about trump and posted those comments yesterday it could have been an interesting informative discussion (I actually sat and read them all again because I was interested in the points being made) but that's not what the member wanted instead they wanted a reaction which is why they then went onto posting insults.
Quote:
I don't recall seeing any insults? And I highly doubt it was for a reaction, she was trying to raise awareness for the type of person Trump is to people who have made the fact they support him very clear.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:00 PM #38
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Depends on the intent. I don't know if anyone in that thread was a Trump supporter, but why spam a chat thread with stuff he's said and done? If anyone still likes Trump, they're probably aware of all that sh1+ and don't care.

Sometimes people are fighting a losing battle, and/or preaching to a choir who doesn't care and doesn't need to see it in every thread Starting a thread called "Trump's racism" would have been more constructive.
If he did create a separate thread he still would've been banned for spam. So I don't get this point.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:01 PM #39

Quote:
I don't recall seeing any insults? And I highly doubt it was for a reaction, she was trying to raise awareness for the type of person Trump is to people who have made the fact they support him very clear.
If you never seen the insults how can you highly doubt the intent behind the posts? It was posted for a reaction riley if they wanted to raise awareness they would have done so in the serious debates section.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:02 PM #40

Quote:
If he did create a separate thread he still would've been banned for spam. So I don't get this point.
No they wouldnt, creating a thread full of informative posts that spark debate and awareness isnt spam
Old 02-06-2020, 08:07 PM #41
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
If you never seen the insults how can you highly doubt the intent behind the posts? It was posted for a reaction riley if they wanted to raise awareness they would have done so in the serious debates section.
I literally went in the thread before it was cleared so I know what was posted. It feels like we're just going round and round in circles and nothing productive is coming from this conversation. Obviously Qua is my friend and him and Stacey do have issues between them but to use that to say that Qua was only doing that to troll isn't correct. He was just highlighting different incidents of Trump's racism. Would it have been trolling if someone else did it? I don't know why it matters so much where it was posted, you could still comment on the posts that were in the thread.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:10 PM #42

Quote:
I literally went in the thread before it was cleared so I know what was posted. It feels like we're just going round and round in circles and nothing productive is coming from this conversation. Obviously Qua is my friend and him and Stacey do have issues between them but to use that to say that Qua was only doing that to troll isn't correct. He was just highlighting different incidents of Trump's racism. Would it have been trolling if someone else did it? I don't know why it matters so much where it was posted, you could still comment on the posts that were in the thread.
The member insulted 2 different members in 2 separate posts you posted an applauding smiley a couple of posts after one of the insults so its odd you claim to have seen everything else bar those 2 posts.

It would have been spamming regardless of who posted it.

Theres not really much else I can add.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:10 PM #43
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Why in that thread? At the time there was a thread where people could vote on their favourite Trump saluting picture that'd be a good thread to post it in. Why a thread where Trump wasn't even mentioned?

If he and she aren't friends, she's even less likely to pay attention to Trump's racism when it's spammed in an unrelated thread that she had started.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:14 PM #44
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

I've avoided posting here last couple of days tbh because the place was getting pretty toxic over the weekend. There is no problem with discussing and supporting the BLM movement and that has been happening a lot on this site over the last week and today. The problems arose when there was constant insulting of other members taking place without instigation and when it became conflated with abusive posts about the way the site is run. Its not really a surprise that then led to drama from off site being brought on here and descending into threads insulting people's appearances etc

I understand the upset over threads being merged but there were nearly forty threads made within the space of a couple of hours, I'm not sure how much good that is doing to engage people
Old 02-06-2020, 08:16 PM #45
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
The member insulted 2 different members in 2 separate posts you posted an applauding smiley a couple of posts after one of the insults so its odd you claim to have seen everything else bar those 2 posts.
I was applauding the posts speaking out about BLM and Trump. I can't remember what insult was made but I highly doubt it was anything the recipient couldn't handle.

Quote:
Why in that thread? At the time there was a thread where people could vote on their favourite Trump saluting picture that'd be a good thread to post it in. Why a thread where Trump wasn't even mentioned?

If he and she aren't friends, she's even less likely to pay attention to Trump's racism when it's spammed in an unrelated thread that she had started.
The Trump thread was in poor taste. I would say it was clearly trolling and even reported it as such. Did anything happen to the poster? No. But someone gets banned for 3 weeks for detailing some of his racist actions.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:18 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post

I understand the upset over threads being merged but there were nearly forty threads made within the space of a couple of hours, I'm not sure how much good that is doing to engage people
Ahh I wasnt aware of it being so many threads in the space of such a short time.

I too would have merged those threads then tbh
Old 02-06-2020, 08:19 PM #47
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

We made different threads because we wanted everyone's story to be heard and it's hard to tell the story if it's all in the same thread

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 02-06-2020, 08:21 PM #48
slé

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
slé

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Nothing you can say or twist around as to your ‘reasoning’ for banning us all (especially Qua who literally just got back from a ban and was banned hours later) for literally talking about BLM. You can say spamming but that was literally my first time saying ‘black lives matter’ in that thread and am pretty sure spamming is what is something which is repeated. I think you should just own up to a mistake and unban Qua as he was literally just making his point. People that weren’t even banned dont wanna return to TIBB anymore after all that yesterday
Old 02-06-2020, 08:22 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
We made different threads because we wanted everyone's story to be heard and it's hard to tell the story if it's all in the same thread
Creating so many threads would cause a lot of them to be overlooked and not get replies whereas someone reading through a sole thread would see all of the posts and be able to acknowledge and comment
Old 02-06-2020, 08:22 PM #50
ah™

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura
ah™

Favourites:
BBUSA21: Kemi
BB17: Laura

Quote:
Ahh I wasnt aware of it being so many threads in the space of such a short time.

I too would have merged those threads then tbh
t'point awf the threads was for their INDIVIDUAL names and stories to be said and heard, merging them completely defeats the point? what was t'harm?

were they clogging your forum about a cancelled reality tv show with the names awf people hew have innocently died?

it's not an accent it's a speech impediment bitch x
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
black, lives, matter