Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Post about the Big Brother USA and the HouseGuests here.

Old 23-08-2020, 03:24 PM #26
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

oh yeah I definitely agree both of the CBBs have been fantastic. the shorter season length and more diverse characters defiantly helped. maybe it was because they didn't show BB16 to the celebs
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 05:23 PM #27
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
No...they are not, and you know full well they’re not

None of them have appeared or even been referenced on the show since 2009
I know they R.

Multiple appearances/references doesn't mean more recognisable/memorable. I read on the feeds earlier that desperate Dani was actually questioning "why Kaysar was asked back". Given the rigged up shyte her and her father benefited from in her absurd debut season, then flopping on her return(- intense protection/rigging), that arrogant little brat doesn't have the right to question any player being asked back.
Old 23-08-2020, 06:19 PM #28
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
Multiple appearances/references doesn't mean more recognisable/memorable.
Well I mean it kind of does?

If you asked someone to name actors and actresses in the film Titanic, do you think they’d say DiCaprio and Winslet, or Rochelle Rose? This applies to literally any film or TV show ever. The more screen time you get, the bigger a character you are, the more recognisable you become

This is Dani’s third time playing Big Brother and she’s made several guest appearances over the years, whereas the names I listed haven’t been heard of since 2009. The general audience do not know them. Honestly this is all very self explanatory and actually a futile argument because I literally couldn’t care less about her, but she is a “big name” in BB lore
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 06:53 PM #29
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Yeah Dani's definitely a "big name" legendary-tier BB houseguest
Old 23-08-2020, 09:31 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

BB died when Vanessa Rousso was robbed on finale night. Coincidence? I don't think.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 10:02 PM #31
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

The last glimmer of hope BBUS ever had

Old 23-08-2020, 11:47 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BBUSA16: Zach

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BBUSA16: Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
The last glimmer of hope BBUS ever had

I literally just sat and watched all of this. I need to go re watch the whole season now. Gameplay may have been messy but it was very entertaining
seaodw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 04:56 AM #33

Quote:
Well I mean it kind of does?

If you asked someone to name actors and actresses in the film Titanic, do you think they’d say DiCaprio and Winslet, or Rochelle Rose? This applies to literally any film or TV show ever. The more screen time you get, the bigger a character you are, the more recognisable you become

This is Dani’s third time playing Big Brother and she’s made several guest appearances over the years, whereas the names I listed haven’t been heard of since 2009. The general audience do not know them. Honestly this is all very self explanatory and actually a futile argument because I literally couldn’t care less about her, but she is a “big name” in BB lore
Look, desperate Dani may be "big name" in your eyes, but in mine she is big joke. I repeat, more/longer/multi appearances doesn't necessarily equate to being bigger/better/more memorable etc..

There's such a thing as quality>quantity.

10mins of Rousso>THREE whole monotonous seasons of desperate Dani.
Old 24-08-2020, 08:18 AM #34
Nah

Nah

So I've read this comment on a post from Big Brother Network website, and it perfectly sums up what I'm feeling right now about it:

Quote:
As I commented in another thread, BB has structural issues that tends to make it a “boat race” where an alliance can dominate early and thus steamroll until about the midpoint of the game. You get two comp beasts in the same alliance and you can pretty much lock things in for a long, boring “boat race” of a time. Tyler and Cody, Tyler and Cody, like left foot right foot, marching to victory. Yawn...

Mix it up, Grodner! And I don’t mean putting your thumb on the scale to benefit certain players, like it appears you like to do. Survivor smokes Big Brother for delivering power shifting drama. On Survivor, tribal councils are thick with anticipation. Anyone without an immunity necklace can go home. In BB, eviction nights carry little surprise. Even if one houseguest who thought they were safe goes home, it’s not a blindside to the degree a Survivor blindside is. Survivor blindsides have the power to take everyone’s breath away. Only about half the house feels a semblance of a gut punch in a BB blindside.

From week to week, only a small handful of people are likely to go home in BB. For a game that likes to tease the audience with “expect the unexpected,” it’s a highly predictable game. Give me a game where there is more drama on eviction night. Do away with this HOH/POV structure. It’s yielding predictability. Give me a game that doesn’t have what equates to a dozen immunity necklaces being worn on eviction nights. We see two people ****ting their pants most of the week while the rest breathe with varying degrees of security. It’s not driving near enough drama, and it could be a much more compelling game.
Old 24-08-2020, 10:03 AM #35
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Favourites (more):

Would axing POV do the trick? Replacing itwith this safety competition, but everyone would get to play every week until a certain point?

Or allow everyone to play in the POV like in BB3? (Before Golden power of Veto was introduced)

Last edited by Calderyon; 24-08-2020 at 10:07 AM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 11:06 AM #36

How would that help? You'd still have the same dominant alliance winning it, and weaklings with no other option but to cling onto that alliance and "go along with their decision" to hopefully pick off a straggler that is even more useless than themselves. The problem always comes back to having hopelessly weak players. If ALL players were strong from the off we'd have much greater possibility of seeing them all jostle for position. And with any and all players capable of winning comps, the power is unlikely to be boringly attached to only a couple of faces.
Old 24-08-2020, 11:24 AM #37
Nah

Nah

Quote:
How would that help? You'd still have the same dominant alliance winning it, and weaklings with no other option but to cling onto that alliance and "go along with their decision" to hopefully pick off a straggler that is even more useless than themselves. The problem always comes back to having hopelessly weak players. If ALL players were strong from the off we'd have much greater possibility of seeing them all jostle for position. And with any and all players capable of winning comps, the power is unlikely to be boringly attached to only a couple of faces.
But clearly it's the same type of people who are good at comps. And I don't want a season full of Cody/Tyler kind of HGs. I mean, how often do we get a Janelle type that is mixing bits of all aspects? Not often. And really we never know if someone is going to be a good player before the show even starts. Even casting team can't predict that (I mean, to a certain extent they do, but can't be 100% sure)
Old 24-08-2020, 11:31 AM #38

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isaac
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isaac
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

They need to adopt the UK format of the public having the decision of who goes and who wins
Aaliyah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 12:01 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaliyah View Post
They need to adopt the UK format of the public having the decision of who goes and who wins
They already had it on BB1 and it bombed, which is why they changed it to this.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 12:11 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
But clearly it's the same type of people who are good at comps. And I don't want a season full of Cody/Tyler kind of HGs. I mean, how often do we get a Janelle type that is mixing bits of all aspects? Not often. And really we never know if someone is going to be a good player before the show even starts. Even casting team can't predict that (I mean, to a certain extent they do, but can't be 100% sure)
You can't tell me they couldn't find a full female cast that couldnt mix it with any gender. They don't all have to be as good as Janelle(an obvious outlier in terms of complete package) they only need be solid enough competitors who aren't so disgustingly reliant on the assistance of males to do all their dirty work and drag them into positions they have no buisiness being. Males naturally have greater body strength so if they're still concerned by that then do away with all the comps that solely or largely rely on nothing but strength..and focus on more balanced games that requires an attribute/skill that both genders can easily have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaliyah View Post
Don't be ridiculous.
Old 24-08-2020, 01:29 PM #41
Nah

Nah

Quote:
You can't tell me they couldn't find a full female cast that couldnt mix it with any gender. They don't all have to be as good as Janelle(an obvious outlier in terms of complete package) they only need be solid enough competitors who aren't so disgustingly reliant on the assistance of males to do all their dirty work and drag them into positions they have no buisiness being. Males naturally have greater body strength so if they're still concerned by that then do away with all the comps that solely or largely rely on nothing but strength..and focus on more balanced games that requires an attribute/skill that both genders can easily have.
Hence why BB Australia this year had really good and interesting challenges that both genders could win. It seemed more fair. We've had nice surprises thanks to that instead of dudes steamrolling to the end without getting touched at all. (if not mistaken about half of challenges were won by girls and a back to back for Queen Angela )

The Australian format was interesting, but it can't last a week to have one HoH nominate 3 people and leave it as that for 6 days. The Brazilian format is interesting because it's a mix of BB US and public voting. They still have HoH, veto, Power of Immunity, Veto etc
Old 24-08-2020, 01:55 PM #42
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Look, desperate Dani may be "big name" in your eyes, but in mine she is big joke. I repeat, more/longer/multi appearances doesn't necessarily equate to being bigger/better/more memorable etc..
It’s not really a subjective opinion I’m afraid. I never said it made them “better” either. And for what it’s worth, I also prefer Vanessa to Dani

But answer the question. If you asked someone to name actors in Titanic, who do you think they’d name first?
Old 24-08-2020, 01:58 PM #43
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I've been enjoying the old school memes that's been going around on twitter, it's a shame those TV gold moments will never happen because of Alison and Robyn Kass. (And Derrick) who made BBUSA really tame and predicable.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 02:30 PM #44

Quote:
It’s not really a subjective opinion I’m afraid. I never said it made them “better” either. And for what it’s worth, I also prefer Vanessa to Dani

But answer the question. If you asked someone to name actors in Titanic, who do you think they’d name first?
It is subjective. That's why you can view her as "big name" while I view her as big joke. Your comparison to a single movie and a bit-part actress vs 2 leads is nonsensical.
Old 24-08-2020, 02:44 PM #45
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It is subjective. That's why you can view her as "big name" while I view her as big joke. Your comparison to a single movie and a bit-part actress vs 2 leads is nonsensical.
No, it isn’t, it’s objective and pretty self explanatory. I’d be fascinated to see who you think the top 20 “big names” of BBUS are...Michelle Maradie on the list?

And you still haven’t answered the question which is quite telling! Let’s assume they answer DiCaprio and Winslet, why do you think they name them rather than the bit part actress?

Last edited by Jack_; 24-08-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 24-08-2020, 03:05 PM #46

I didn't answer because it was ludicrous comparison. You're suggesting Dani is some sort of powerhouse lead* and the others are bit-part just because she's had more goes at it/more screen time. That girl ain't no ****ing lead. Adam Jasinski only featured once..yet for remembrance he absolutely slaughters Dani. And I could go through all the casts from all different seasons and pick out lots of different players who had greater impact on the show.
Old 24-08-2020, 03:33 PM #47
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I didn't answer because it was ludicrous comparison. You're suggesting Dani is some sort of powerhouse lead* and the others are bit-part just because she's had more goes at it/more screen time. That girl ain't no ****ing lead. Adam Jasinski only featured once..yet for remembrance he absolutely slaughters Dani. And I could go through all the casts from all different seasons and pick out lots of different players who had greater impact on the show.
You didn’t answer because you know I’m right. If you asked your average BBUS viewer to name some past houseguests from wayback when, Janelle, Dan, Will, Brenchel, Jordeff and the Donato’s would all be at the top of the list, just as DiCaprio and Winslet would be in the question I asked. The same applies to literally any film or television show ever - the more prominent a character you are, the more the average viewer will remember you

Whether they are good or not is a totally different debate. You might not like Barbara Windsor, doesn’t mean she isn’t one of the most memorable EastEnders actresses. You are seeing this through the lens of “I don’t like them, therefore nobody remembers them”, I’m talking objectively

And no one other than people on Big Brother forums remember Adam ****ing Jasinski
Old 24-08-2020, 03:58 PM #48

"The Donato's" You see how you're acknowledging she's only known and remembered for being the poorer half of a tag-team that had entire season rigged for them.

It has nothing at all to do with not liking her. I didn't like this clown ..but I remember him more than Dani. As I do countless others.
Old 24-08-2020, 04:13 PM #49
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"The Donato's" You see how you're acknowledging she's only known and remembered for being the poorer half of a tag-team that had entire season rigged for them.
And you’ve literally just acknowledged she IS known and remembered, thus proving my point - it took a while but we got there!

Again, whether she is a good or enjoyable houseguest (not really) is irrelevant, the point is she is a memorable houseguest which you’ve thankfully now confirmed
Old 24-08-2020, 04:45 PM #50

The imagination is a wonderful thing. It can declare one as "the winner" when in reality they're stone motherless last.

I never said I didn't remember her(I do, sadly for all the wrong reasons) but that doesn't make her anything special. A "standout". A "big name". You're the one who believes that so you're the one who has to make up reasons as to why that's the case. You failed miserably with your movie comparison so you'll have to think of something else.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbus, dead