Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default Post scam emails here

Hello Dear,

It is my honor to inform you that someone related to you has appointed you as the next of kin.
I need your confidential attention for the full details.

Sincerely,
Barr.Bill Adams Loko Esq



Just got this to my work email
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #2
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 131,487

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

"Hello dear" very professional
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #3
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
"Hello dear" very professional
feel right old now

I note it is a term used a bit by my Indian friends..hello dear...even if the person they are addressing is 18
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:21 PM   #4
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 131,487

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
feel right old now

I note it is a term used a bit by my Indian friends..hello dear...even if the person they are addressing is 18
Well it's one thing to address a friend like that, I wouldn't expect it in a letter trying to sound like a Solicitor
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #5
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Well it's one thing to address a friend like that, I wouldn't expect it in a letter trying to sound like a Solicitor
true, my inheritance is coming
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 131,487

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
true, my inheritance is coming
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #7
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,041

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

i usually get one saying i should send them bitcoins or they will publish video cam footage of me watching porn. Which is a clever trick as i dont have a cam connected to my computer and also, i couldn't care less if they published something or not, i have nothing to hide
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #8
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i usually get one saying i should send them bitcoins or they will publish video cam footage of me watching porn. Which is a clever trick as i dont have a cam connected to my computer and also, i couldn't care less if they published something or not, i have nothing to hide
are they confusing you with LT
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:02 PM   #9
GiRTh
Iconic Symbolic Historic
 
GiRTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,428

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami
Strictly 2016: Robert Rinder
X Factor 2016: Honey G


Default

I got called on my work phone this morning. No one knows that number except my work colleagues, customers and its not registered on any site what so ever. I just kept asked her how she got the number and she hung up.
__________________

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:13 PM   #10
Ashley.
Senior Member
 
Ashley.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 12,487


Default

Ah I just checked my junk folder, and I received one a couple of days ago. I have no idea what it says though, as it's in Japanese.

If it's Yen they want, then they're going to be disappointed.

Last edited by Ashley.; 04-05-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #11
LeatherTrumpet
Compassion in Action
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 72,510


Default

I got a text today saying my Asda food order needed to be updated (with helpful link)

like Id shop at Asda

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 131,487

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i usually get one saying i should send them bitcoins or they will publish video cam footage of me watching porn. Which is a clever trick as i dont have a cam connected to my computer and also, i couldn't care less if they published something or not, i have nothing to hide
I just had a look through my junk folder and I have one like that too It's so badly written
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #13
LeatherTrumpet
Compassion in Action
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 72,510


Default

I get the one below A LOT and i am sick of it

--------------------------------------------

You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums


Dear LeatherTrumpet,

You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums.

Reason:
-------
Stop disagreeing with TS as he is great or any left-wing views as it's against the rules, to be sure

------------------------------------------------------



pretty sure its from MTVN

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 04-05-2021 at 04:50 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #14
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

To be sure
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:14 PM   #15
Shaun
ooo
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 105,885
Blog Entries: 17

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Ian Wright
RPDR UK 1: Sum Ting Wong


Default

Outlook seems to fall for a lot of fake "paypal" and "Amazon" email addresses, it's really annoying.
__________________
Eurovision Faves: Cyprus, San Marino, Italy, Ukraine, Israel, Lithuania & Serbia
DRDU Faves: Anita, Karen, Coco, Maxi & Kita
Season 13 Faves: Symone, Tamisha, Gottmik & Lala
UK S2 Faves: Tayce, Bimini, Asttina, Tia & Ginny

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetch The Bolt Cutters View Post
What kind of ugly scum?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #16
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 10,703

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

The old "Nigerian Prince" scams seem to have fallen down lately.

That said, I've never received one so they were either apocryphal all along, or pre-dated my internet life
__________________

(apparently "boner" used to mean mistake, or something...)
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:33 PM   #17
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,636

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

My spam folder has so much junk I don't always check,but the ones that sneak through are usually something about a fake delivery or pretending to be from my bank.

Something like

"Dear user we have noticed some suspicious activity in your account, please confirm this is you "

Then the other one is pretending to be Amazon , something like

"Dear user there's something unusual about your sign in , please sign in again"

To get you to go to their phishing site .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:22 AM   #18
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,360
Default

The most common ones circulating seem to be the fake emails / phone calls from Royal Mail , HMRC tax refund and Microsoft Windows scams


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #19
Zizu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
My spam folder has so much junk I don't always check,but the ones that sneak through are usually something about a fake delivery or pretending to be from my bank.



Something like



"Dear user we have noticed some suspicious activity in your account, please confirm this is you "



Then the other one is pretending to be Amazon , something like



"Dear user there's something unusual about your sign in , please sign in again"



To get you to go to their phishing site .


I was advised that if the email doesn’t have your actual name ( Christian name or Surname ) in the first few words you should ignore it or be very wary ..


I got an obviously fake scan email a while back and I must have been feeling tired or stressed as I sent a rather terse reply back ..


“ ***** off !! “


To which they replied ...

“ That is very , very rude - my friend !! “





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM   #20
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 56,215


Default

…I thought that this was good to put in here, Cherie…

Royal Mail customers warned of ‘highly convincing’ courier scam…

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/ro...100531593.html


…I had a text a few days ago about a Hermes parcel that had tried to deliver but wasn’t able to click to arrange a new delivery date…I did actually think that it was for real but when I clicked to redeliver, it asked for my date of birth as the first information box…which made it obvious that it was a scam thing…
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #21
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 26,041

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

Greetings!

I have to share bad news with you.
Approximately few months ago I have gained access to your devices, which you use for internet browsing.
After that, I have started tracking your internet activities.

Here is the sequence of events:
Some time ago I have purchased access to email accounts from hackers (nowadays, it is quite simple to purchase such thing online).
Obviously, I have easily managed to log in to your email account (blah@blahcom).

One week later, I have already installed Trojan virus to Operating Systems of all the devices that you use to access your email.
In fact, it was not really hard at all (since you were following the links from your inbox emails).
All ingenious is simple. =)

This software provides me with access to all the controllers of your devices (e.g., your microphone, video camera and keyboard).
I have downloaded all your information, data, photos, web browsing history to my servers.
I have access to all your messengers, social networks, emails, chat history and contacts list.
My virus continuously refreshes the signatures (it is driver-based), and hence remains invisible for antivirus software.

Likewise, I guess by now you understand why I have stayed undetected until this letter...

While gathering information about you, I have discovered that you are a big fan of adult websites.
You really love visiting porn websites and watching exciting videos, while enduring an enormous amount of pleasure.
Well, I have managed to record a number of your dirty scenes and montaged a few videos, which show the way you masturbate and reach orgasms.

If you have doubts, I can make a few clicks of my mouse and all your videos will be shared to your friends, colleagues and relatives.
I have also no issue at all to make them available for public access.
I guess, you really don't want that to happen, considering the specificity of the videos you like to watch, (you perfectly know what I mean) it will cause a true catastrophe for you.

Let's settle it this way:
You transfer $1650 USD to me (in bitcoin equivalent according to the exchange rate at the moment of funds transfer), and once the transfer is received, I will delete all this dirty stuff right away.
After that we will forget about each other. I also promise to deactivate and delete all the harmful software from your devices. Trust me, I keep my word.

This is a fair deal and the price is quite low, considering that I have been checking out your profile and traffic for some time by now.
In case, if you don't know how to purchase and transfer the bitcoins - you can use any modern search engine.

Here is my bitcoin wallet: 1Hjpu99iHc3oi55ZJKf6RHhKbwit8vEzTS

You have less than 48 hours from the moment you opened this email (precisely 2 days).

blah blah blah
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM   #22
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Greetings!

I have to share bad news with you.
Approximately few months ago I have gained access to your devices, which you use for internet browsing.
After that, I have started tracking your internet activities.

Here is the sequence of events:
Some time ago I have purchased access to email accounts from hackers (nowadays, it is quite simple to purchase such thing online).
Obviously, I have easily managed to log in to your email account (blah@blahcom).

One week later, I have already installed Trojan virus to Operating Systems of all the devices that you use to access your email.
In fact, it was not really hard at all (since you were following the links from your inbox emails).
All ingenious is simple. =)

This software provides me with access to all the controllers of your devices (e.g., your microphone, video camera and keyboard).
I have downloaded all your information, data, photos, web browsing history to my servers.
I have access to all your messengers, social networks, emails, chat history and contacts list.
My virus continuously refreshes the signatures (it is driver-based), and hence remains invisible for antivirus software.

Likewise, I guess by now you understand why I have stayed undetected until this letter...

While gathering information about you, I have discovered that you are a big fan of adult websites.
You really love visiting porn websites and watching exciting videos, while enduring an enormous amount of pleasure.
Well, I have managed to record a number of your dirty scenes and montaged a few videos, which show the way you masturbate and reach orgasms.

If you have doubts, I can make a few clicks of my mouse and all your videos will be shared to your friends, colleagues and relatives.
I have also no issue at all to make them available for public access.
I guess, you really don't want that to happen, considering the specificity of the videos you like to watch, (you perfectly know what I mean) it will cause a true catastrophe for you.

Let's settle it this way:
You transfer $1650 USD to me (in bitcoin equivalent according to the exchange rate at the moment of funds transfer), and once the transfer is received, I will delete all this dirty stuff right away.
After that we will forget about each other. I also promise to deactivate and delete all the harmful software from your devices. Trust me, I keep my word.

This is a fair deal and the price is quite low, considering that I have been checking out your profile and traffic for some time by now.
In case, if you don't know how to purchase and transfer the bitcoins - you can use any modern search engine.

Here is my bitcoin wallet: 1Hjpu99iHc3oi55ZJKf6RHhKbwit8vEzTS

You have less than 48 hours from the moment you opened this email (precisely 2 days).

blah blah blah
ithe chatty nature of the email as well, like this is perfectly normal behaviour
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #23
Kate!
RIP Nick Kamen.
 
Kate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wigan baby yeah!
Posts: 24,129
Blog Entries: 4

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
DOI 2020: Lisa George
IAC2019: Jacqueline Jossa
X Factor Celebrity: Max and Harvey


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I get the one below A LOT and i am sick of it

--------------------------------------------

You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums


Dear LeatherTrumpet,

You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums.

Reason:
-------
Stop disagreeing with TS as he is great or any left-wing views as it's against the rules, to be sure

------------------------------------------------------



pretty sure its from MTVN
Lmao LT. I'm screaming at this. You do make me laugh. X
__________________


Spoiler:



Spoiler:

Kate! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #24
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,636

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Bots message has just reminded me of those other weird scammer emails,where they claim they've got your Facebook contacts and how they'll send them your internet history , usually implying you've been watching rude videos .

And how you have to pay this person money to stop them blackmailing you .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #25
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49,749
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

This is my favourite line from BOTs email

while enduring an enormous amount of pleasure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Terrible place and the prices were stupid for a potato
Spoiler:

We spend all our time discussing Kate Bush
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
emails, post, scam

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts