Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 24-06-2021, 10:09 AM #26
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…and for those who actually knew her in Schull…some can still barely speak about it, their voices breaking with the emotion…the impact of the violence of her death and ‘a monster living among them’ is just a darkness on their lives…
Yeah definitely, it's such a peaceful, friendly place too, always so safe

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2021, 05:16 PM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Finished this now.

Spoiler:

it left me feeling a little empty and sad, I changed my mind multiple times about whether he is the killer, if he is, he will never do time for it, I feel the family were let down badly by the Guards very early on, they put all their eggs in one basket and it appears interfered with witnesses to get a conviction, Marie Farrell retracting her statement, and the guy they paid off to befriend him all helps Baileys case, I am not sure he or Jules Thomas are stable enough to have kept the murder to themselves all this time, also there didn't seem to be a motive other than that it gave him work, then the French accepting Marie Farrells first statement and not accepting her offer to go to France to attend the trial, it felt again like they were doing anything they could to be a guilty verdict, her poor parents and her son, it's all very sad and will we ever know the truth, Jules leaving Bailey finally was the only high point for me

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 27-06-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 07:28 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Finished this now.

Spoiler:

it left me feeling a little empty and sad, I changed my mind multiple times about whether he is the killer, if he is, he will never do time for it, I feel the family were let down badly by the Guards very early on, they put all their eggs in one basket and it appears interfered with witnesses to get a conviction, Marie Farrell retracting her statement, and the guy they paid off to befriend him all helps Baileys case, I am not sure he or Jules Thomas are stable enough to have kept the murder to themselves all this time, also there didn't seem to be a motive other than that it gave him work, then the French accepting Marie Farrells first statement and not accepting her offer to go to France to attend the trial, it felt again like they were doing anything they could to be a guilty verdict, her poor parents and her son, it's all very sad and will we ever know the truth, Jules leaving Bailey finally was the only high point for me
Spoiler:

…I feel incredibly sad for her son and her parents because two horrendous crimes have been committed in her brutal death but also in the absence of justice for it….

…It’s a difficult thing because with some of the things that I originally read with the case…(…which may or may not be true…)…I thought that I’d read that he had, had and kept photographs of ‘beaten up women’ and was quite obsessed with violent death…there seem to have been accounts that weren’t shown in the series….and there is going to be another series in a few days time and that might show a different perspective again….I do agree with what was said at the end in that Ian Bailey has ‘created his own guilt’ in this by his actions and words etc at the beginning… and being egotistical enough to ‘mock himself as the killer if he didn’t do it…’…. He’s created his own nightmare world and his own personal prison…
…and still he had very little thought for Sophie’s family and their life prison, it was all about him….when he referred to Sophie as ‘that woman’…awful….

…I am a little suspicious of her husband at the time as well…I know that he had an alibi but he could have had someone else commit the crime …I think he’s dead now, I’m not sure…?….

…in anyways, I doubt that there will ever be accountability and justice sadly…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 09:11 AM #29
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Finished Ep 4 last night, have to wait till Sunday now for the last episode ggrrr The Police made a right balls of the investigation though

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 29-06-2021, 12:12 PM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Finished Ep 4 last night, have to wait till Sunday now for the last episode ggrrr The Police made a right balls of the investigation though
They really did, but then it's hard to blame them, its not exactly standard work they were asked to do, they should have sent a team from the Smoke to handle if from the off

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 29-06-2021, 12:13 PM #31
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Spoiler:

…I feel incredibly sad for her son and her parents because two horrendous crimes have been committed in her brutal death but also in the absence of justice for it….

…It’s a difficult thing because with some of the things that I originally read with the case…(…which may or may not be true…)…I thought that I’d read that he had, had and kept photographs of ‘beaten up women’ and was quite obsessed with violent death…there seem to have been accounts that weren’t shown in the series….and there is going to be another series in a few days time and that might show a different perspective again….I do agree with what was said at the end in that Ian Bailey has ‘created his own guilt’ in this by his actions and words etc at the beginning… and being egotistical enough to ‘mock himself as the killer if he didn’t do it…’…. He’s created his own nightmare world and his own personal prison…
…and still he had very little thought for Sophie’s family and their life prison, it was all about him….when he referred to Sophie as ‘that woman’…awful….

…I am a little suspicious of her husband at the time as well…I know that he had an alibi but he could have had someone else commit the crime …I think he’s dead now, I’m not sure…?….

…in anyways, I doubt that there will ever be accountability and justice sadly…
Spoiler:

I found it particularly poignant that her son still had her coat on the hook and her tea,

Old 29-06-2021, 12:42 PM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They really did, but then it's hard to blame them, its not exactly standard work they were asked to do, they should have sent a team from the Smoke to handle if from the off
Yeah probably never came across anything that big ever down that direction and probably never did again i would imagine

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 29-06-2021, 03:44 PM #33

Just been reading Ian Bailey is threatening to sue Netflix re another documentary thats also been released.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 04:16 PM #34
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Spoiler:

I found it particularly poignant that her son still had her coat on the hook and her tea,
Spoiler:

…I know, she was everything in his life as she and his father had separated when he was a baby and for 14yrs she had been his life’s happiness and then it all became such a sadness…I guess that one thing if any small light can be taken at all is that I read that Pierre became closer with his father again…
Old 29-06-2021, 04:20 PM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijaxers View Post
Just been reading Ian Bailey is threatening to sue Netflix re another documentary thats also been released.

The crews of the Sky and Netflix documentaries were in West Cork at the same time. Pierre-Louis claims Sheridan told locals not to speak to the Netflix crew. “That was so wrong,” he says. “It is a public affair and nobody has the right to block witnesses. This is not Jim Sheridan’s project, it’s not Jim Sheridan’s life, it’s not Jim Sheridan’s affair. I really was furious. I told him, ‘Stop, I’m not happy with that.’”

Bailey signed an exclusivity deal with Sheridan, meaning Netflix only had interviews with him from 2018. Bailey is now threatening to sue Netflix for airing them. “Exclusive contracts are rare in documentaries but for a prime suspect to sign one when he claims he wants his story out there is odd,” says Dower. “Sheridan’s film takes the stance that Ian Bailey is a victim of police corruption and they’re entitled to do that; we took the view of the family [that Bailey is guilty]. The idea that documentaries are objective is bollocks. Now Bailey’s saying our film is poisonous propaganda. I don’t want to make this about the battle of the two films, because ours is about Sophie and this story, but it’s unavoidable.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1874170.html
Old 29-06-2021, 04:23 PM #36
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Will be interesting to see the netflix take on it but there was undoubtedly Police corruption going on

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 29-06-2021, 04:27 PM #37
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Will be interesting to see the netflix take on it but there was undoubtedly Police corruption going on
…it says in the article that Sophie’s family would only agree to take part if it was more a tribute to her life…so that’s the perspective it’ll take I would think….it just all leaves such sadness because I doubt there will ever be justice, poor Sophie and her family …and poor Schull because this is something that scarred their lives so much as well when they speak of it…

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ammi, cottage, crime, murder, sky