Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-09-2021, 11:30 AM #51
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Why should she apologise.
Labour supporters never mind Labour figures have been accused of being wholly antisemitic, as supporters of terrorists by Con MPs and Con supporters too.
When should they apologise for that ???

I know Con supporters keep predicting the end of Labour.
Public opinion changes and can quickly too.
That may well be Con supporters hope who only think their party has a divine right to govern.

Labour can remove the Cons overall majority.
No other party now in parliament except for the even more extreme DUP would help the Cons back in power.

As for winning with a landslide.
Under this unrepresentative and now insult to democracy, where in the absurd electoral system we have.
Winning a landslide while only getting 43% of the votes cast.
Is to me, and should be a national disgrace.
That any party gets unfettered power while 57% voted against it.
Ridiculous.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 01:13 PM #52
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
[Deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner brands
them ‘bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, misogynistic,
absolute pile’ – before insisting she ‘held back a little’ in rant

Angela Rayner reportedly launched an outspoken
attack on the Conservatives
MP described the Tories as 'a bunch of scum,
homophobic, racist, misogynistic'
Government minister Amanda Milling
called the Labour MP's remarks 'shocking']

She is Rough.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ands-scum.html
Podium-Pounding-Politics.

That sort of behaviour is fine for parties which will realistically never see real power -UKIP, Green- as they largely exist to bring ideas to the table and have an influence, but will never be the leading party or the official Opposition.

It's also fine for "mavericks", members of the main party who float around the backbenches but don't touch the (Shadow/) Cabinet.

But when they're leading figures among the mainstream parties, it's just not very becoming.

Floating voters like my favourite apocryphal couple, Joanna and Michael, might not really care about politics and could vote on a whim, or based on whoever the current party leader is. They don't really follow the ins and outs of the world of politics, and voted for Boris because he's a Good Old Boy(tm). They're starting to be put off him because of the way he's been handling the pandemic, and now he wants to steal more of their hard-earned ... but they're getting called SCUM by a shouty little madam who they've barely heard of ... why should they swing to Labour next time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Angela playing to the gallery

Not that long ago she called for a kinder form of politics
I think we've learned by now that #BeKind only applies to certain people ... both as perpetrators and targets ...

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 03:44 PM #53
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post

That sort of behaviour is fine for parties which will realistically never see real power -UKIP, Green- as they largely exist to bring ideas to the table and have an influence, but will never be the leading party or the official Opposition.

It's also fine for "mavericks", members of the main party who float around the backbenches but don't touch the (Shadow/) Cabinet.

But when they're leading figures among the mainstream parties, it's just not very becoming.

Floating voters like my favourite apocryphal couple, Joanna and Michael, might not really care about politics and could vote on a whim, or based on whoever the current party leader is. They don't really follow the ins and outs of the world of politics, and voted for Boris because he's a Good Old Boy(tm). They're starting to be put off him because of the way he's been handling the pandemic, and now he wants to steal more of their hard-earned ... but they're getting called SCUM by a shouty little madam who they've barely heard of ... why should they swing to Labour next time?

I think we've learned by now that #BeKind only applies to certain people ... both as perpetrators and targets ...

Actually she didn't call Con voters scum.
Not at all.

She was getting at the Cabinet from their leader down.
The ones who make the heartless decisions that crush the weakest, poorest and sick and disabled.
Not the voters.

I'll make no apology though for saying myself, again, I believe of the voters who all go out to vote.
30% of them, are hardline Con voters, extreme and heartless, not caring a jot for anyone lower or weaker than they may be.
So support heartless policies.

Frankly, I think scum is too good a word for them, those that support those polices and even moreso as to those implementing such heartless policies too.

After all scum means a layer of dirt or froth on top of something.
So maybe it IS the very appropriate word to describe the very top of this governmental Cabinet.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-09-2021 at 03:59 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 04:26 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer told the BBC's Andrew Marr show: "Angela and I take a different approach and that is not the language I would have used."

Pressed on whether he would asking her to apologise, he said that was a matter for her but added: "I will talk to her later."

Yes Angela is alone
she asking for Johnson to apologise
before she does

So it could make a Great Front page.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 04:35 PM #55
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes Angela is alone
she asking for Johnson to apologise
before she does

So it could make a Great Front page.
Well he never really apologises for anything, so neither should she for telling the truth.
In my view.

If I was to say what I'd term him and most of his Cabinet, I'd for sure be banned.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-09-2021 at 04:37 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 05:00 PM #56

Oh dear Labour just keep going downhill. A weak pathetic leader with a potty mouth unprofessional second in command….
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 05:02 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Well he never really apologises for anything, so neither should she for telling the truth.
In my view.

If I was to say what I'd term him and most of his Cabinet, I'd for sure be banned.

Let it all out
No ban
As you are talking of Johnson Prime Minister
not a Tibb member

Last edited by arista; 26-09-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 05:09 PM #58
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post

Tbf on the bottom paragraph, why should people be kind to a party that's never really been kind since beating Gordon Brown in 2010?

If the party wants respect then they need to be respecting the people.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 05:17 PM #59
You know my methods

You know my methods

Hopefully, she will apologise for bringing politics into the gutter

we don't need this nasty bigotry from Labour

We need politicians to be respectful of other views even if their members cannot

we dont want this
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 05:22 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Oh dear Labour just keep going downhill. A weak pathetic leader with a potty mouth unprofessional second in command….
What type of Labour leader do you think would be good though?

Imo the party have tried three different types of leaders out recently and our very biased Media keeps demonizing them all whilst bizarrely not pulling up any of the clowns that have led the Tories.

I mean for example in what way is Starmer a weaker leader than Boris? Miliband than Cameron? Or Corbyn than May? It's become as bigger Myth as Obama's Presidency was gonna be "the end of the world" at this point as neither opinion has any evidence to support them with all due respect.

I think it's clear at this point that the 00's (a decade run by Labour) was by and large a more happier time and a better time than the 10's/early 2020's (run by the Tories) and I'm going off the fact that by and large people are far more unhappy with the way the country is run nowadays than they were back then.

Also it did feel like there were less Homeless people on the streets back in the 00's under Labour than there is nowadays under the Tories, but in fairness I could be wrong on that front as I've never checked any stats to do with that topic.

Apologies for the rant, but I really don't like people trying to justify the Tories by saying "but Labour's worse" when tbh I just don't think that's possible for Labour to be worse than this current Tory Government.

Old 26-09-2021, 05:50 PM #61
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
What type of Labour leader do you think would be good though?

Imo the party have tried three different types of leaders out recently and our very biased Media keeps demonizing them all whilst bizarrely not pulling up any of the clowns that have led the Tories.

I mean for example in what way is Starmer a weaker leader than Boris? Miliband than Cameron? Or Corbyn than May? It's become as bigger Myth as Obama's Presidency was gonna be "the end of the world" at this point as neither opinion has any evidence to support them with all due respect.

I think it's clear at this point that the 00's (a decade run by Labour) was by and large a more happier time and a better time than the 10's/early 2020's (run by the Tories) and I'm going off the fact that by and large people are far more unhappy with the way the country is run nowadays than they were back then.

Also it did feel like there were less Homeless people on the streets back in the 00's under Labour than there is nowadays under the Tories, but in fairness I could be wrong on that front as I've never checked any stats to do with that topic.

Apologies for the rant, but I really don't like people trying to justify the Tories by saying "but Labour's worse" when tbh I just don't think that's possible for Labour to be worse than this current Tory Government.
Needless to say how refreshing it is to read all you've said there Mock.

The Archangel Gabriel could be leading Labour and he'd still get demonised by hardline Tories, the closet hardline Tories and the biased media.

I see not much wrong with any party in fact, not just my own party Labour.
Whose aim is to end the discriminatory vindictive heartlessness the poorest, sick and disabled have had to suffer the last 11 years under first Cameron's coalition, then the utterly incompetent May and this dangerous cretin we have as PM now.

If that's extreme to want to end those vindictive policies, then I'm extremely proud to be termed extreme, loony left or any other rotten unjustified insult hardline Cons may fire out at me.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-09-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 05:59 PM #62
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Let it all out
No ban
As you are talking of Johnson Prime Minister
not a Tibb member
Unusually for me arista, when it comes to this PM and most of his Cabinet, my anger goes through the roof at his deceit and lies, the language I'd love to fire to him and about him, would turn the air blue.

So I'll keep it in.
I wouldn't want to get into trouble here for upsetting hardline Cons and closet Cons.
I'm learning to be very careful what I say and post, IF and when I post on here now.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-09-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 06:01 PM #63
You know my methods

You know my methods

I do think if Labour members are defending this, as i have seen on the Guardian, you are part of the problem.

It really is that simple.

smh
Old 26-09-2021, 06:02 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Needless to say how refreshing it is to read all you've said there Mock.

The Archangel Gabriel could be leading Labour and he'd still get demonised by hardline Tories, the closet hardline Tories and the biased media.

I see not much wrong with any party in fact, not just my own party Labour.
Whose aim is to end the discriminatory vindictive heartlessness the poorest, sick and disabled have had to suffer the last 11 years under first Cameron's coalition, then the utterly incompetent May and this dangerous cretin we have as PM now.

If that's extreme to want to end those vindictive policies, then I'm extremely proud to be termed extreme, loony left or any other rotten unjustified insult hardline Cons may fire out at me.
For me personally I'm not someone that is extreme in my policies (I don't think anyway) but I do agree with everything you've said in this post Joey.

I honestly don't get in what way that people think Labour's gonna be worse than a party that can't even run the country on a basic level?

Old 26-09-2021, 06:02 PM #65

Rachel Johnson starts her 7PM LBC live show
show saying Government in Waiting?
More Like Eastenders
Old 26-09-2021, 06:04 PM #66
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up

Quote:
Rachel Johnson starts her 7PM LBC live show
show saying Government in Waiting?
More Like Eastenders
wise words from this experienced broadcaster
Old 26-09-2021, 06:04 PM #67
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

There's been quite of a lot of surveys and polls which have found that left leaning people are more intolerant of people with a different view than right leaning people and Rayners comments kind of exemplify that. It's like how a lot of people celebrated Thatcher dying. I always smile at the number of people who have 'no Tories' in their social media profile and things like that

I know Starmer isn't enjoying much success atm but in that Labour party he actually comes across as one of the only serious faces in the circus and I quite admire him for that
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 06:20 PM #68
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
For me personally I'm not someone that is extreme in my policies (I don't think anyway) but I do agree with everything you've said in this post Joey.

I honestly don't get in what way that people think Labour's gonna be worse than a party that can't even run the country on a basic level?
Indeed Mock, I'll just say I'll agree with all that.
As I said your view is refreshing to read.

For me however, any party creating deliberately more and more policies of hardship for the weakest, poorest and sick and disabled, well to me they are the real EXTREME ones.

Not the parties which genuinely want to try to ease such hardship for those groupings.
Old 26-09-2021, 06:27 PM #69

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:

Labour isn't the problem, but the leader Starmer gives me Nick Clegg vibes. And I don't trust him.

But I still think sadly we're stuck with a Tory government.
Old 26-09-2021, 07:36 PM #70
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-12-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 09:04 PM #71
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Ah, it's basically the old 'you're not tolerant unless you tolerate MY intolerance!' ****. Load of old bull****.

It's just right wing people desperately trying to be seen as victims while they refuse to acknowledge or condemn the bigotry that runs riot on their side of the aisle. If you don't want people to think Tories are scum, then perhaps stop wringing your hands and being all like 'waaah, the intolerant left!' and actually acknowledge the reasons why people hate the tories. It's not for no random reason, it's not tribalism, it's for the damage that party has done for years to this country and will continue to do.

You admire Starmer because he's weak and spineless and that benefits the tories, let's not be disengenuine with our reasoning here, MTVN.
Case in point

Quote:
left leaning people are more intolerant of people with a different view than right leaning people
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 09:15 PM #72
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I don't agree at all that left leaning people are more intolerant of people with a different view.

I think it would be pretty much of equal measure as to both of left and right.
Just my view but there it is.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-09-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Old 26-09-2021, 10:17 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
There's been quite of a lot of surveys and polls which have found that left leaning people are more intolerant of people with a different view than right leaning people and Rayners comments kind of exemplify that. It's like how a lot of people celebrated Thatcher dying. I always smile at the number of people who have 'no Tories' in their social media profile and things like that

I know Starmer isn't enjoying much success atm but in that Labour party he actually comes across as one of the only serious faces in the circus and I quite admire him for that
Tbf I've seen both sides be intolerant of each other's views, I just think that both sides express their intolerance in different ways to each other.

Personally for me I think it should be judged on a case by case scenario, and imo every leader that the Tories have sent out recently seem to think it's more important to have "catchy slogans" or be a buffoon rather than run the country properly, I don't expect perfection from Politicians, but I do expect them to have a basic level of competence & empathy, both things that I personally feel that the Conservatives have been lacking recently.

Old 26-09-2021, 10:22 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Labour isn't the problem, but the leader Starmer gives me Nick Clegg vibes. And I don't trust him.

But I still think sadly we're stuck with a Tory government.
Oh I think we're stuck with a Tory Government too sadly.

Imo I feel like our right wing Media won't be happy until Labour literally has a leader like Boris Johnson or ideally for them Nigel Farage.

Old 26-09-2021, 11:03 PM #75

Quote:
Why should she apologise.
Labour supporters never mind Labour figures have been accused of being wholly antisemitic, as supporters of terrorists by Con MPs and Con supporters too.
When should they apologise for that ???

I know Con supporters keep predicting the end of Labour.
Public opinion changes and can quickly too.
That may well be Con supporters hope who only think their party has a divine right to govern.

Labour can remove the Cons overall majority.
No other party now in parliament except for the even more extreme DUP would help the Cons back in power.

As for winning with a landslide.
Under this unrepresentative and now insult to democracy, where in the absurd electoral system we have.
Winning a landslide while only getting 43% of the votes cast.
Is to me, and should be a national disgrace.
That any party gets unfettered power while 57% voted against it.
Ridiculous.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2021, angela, bb, calls, carol, conference, conservatives, heckler, labour, leader, live, party, rayner, scum, vincent