Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The media arent interested in them
Well that's not their fault, and if I were the McCanns I would be thanking God that the media were still prepared to run the stories and I would be exploiting their interest like mad. Unless you've walked in the McCann's shoes, I don't think its fair to judge them.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:19 PM #27
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

It has gone so quick, I was thinking about this the other week. I think she may be alive, there was some CCTV footage before that looked like her but was proved not to be her. But apparently there's hundreds of sightings and CCTV footage that could be her that the police in Praia de Luz have been hiding from the McCann's.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:45 PM #28

I cant begin to imagine what Maddie's parents are going through, they will serve a life sentence not knowing what happened to their daughter. But now they have to accept the reality that their daughter is dead and move on with their lives getting some closure otherwise they are just torturing themselves.

The Portuguese police have made a complete hash of the investigation not helped by the media who have tried to incriminate innocent people whom some newspapers have had to pay libel damages to.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 PM #29
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

I think it's horrible that she still hasn't been found Alive or Dead......still completely the parents faults though.
Iceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I think it's horrible that she still hasn't been found Alive or Dead......still completely the parents faults though.

The "fault" lies with the person or person(s) who took Madeleine. I think the parents have been sentenced to a life sentence since this will probably overshadow everything they ever do for the rest of their lives.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:23 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
The "fault" lies with the person or person(s) who took Madeleine. I think the parents have been sentenced to a life sentence since this will probably overshadow everything they ever do for the rest of their lives.
This.. especially the "not knowing" part....
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 PM #32
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
The "fault" lies with the idiotic parents who decided to leave their children alone, in a foreign country, whilst they went out with friends drinking.
Iceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 PM #33

Favourites (more):
UBB: Victor
BB11: Shabby

Favourites (more):
UBB: Victor
BB11: Shabby

So sad
AJ. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The "fault" lies with the idiotic parents who decided to leave their children alone, in a foreign country, whilst they went out with friends drinking.

So every parent who does not watch their child 24/7 is to blame if they are abducted? I suppose you would say that Denise Bulger and Sarah Payne are responsible for the abduction and murder of their children too? These parents have not done anything countless others have not done before and since. It's wonderful to have hindsight isn't it? - I should think they beat themselves up over this every day of their lives, and I find it incredible that people cannot find any compassion for them.

At the end of the day the abductor(s) are the guilty ones - the most these parents are guilty of is lack of judgment and naivety in believing that their children were safely asleep close by. You make it sound as if every child unattended for even a minute (as in the case of Jamie Bulger) is fair game for any passing abductor and somehow the parents "deserve" it.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 AM #35

Quote:
A bit exteme, but why I said the parents were dodgy in early posts on thread and why they are 'guilty' and have to get so much publicity - for effing up

In my idea they effed-up going out on the pish allowing their kid to be abducted/murdered by kiddie fiddler.
Claymores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:13 AM #36

Quote:
So every parent who does not watch their child 24/7 is to blame if they are abducted? I suppose you would say that Denise Bulger and Sarah Payne are responsible for the abduction and murder of their children too? These parents have not done anything countless others have not done before and since. It's wonderful to have hindsight isn't it? - I should think they beat themselves up over this every day of their lives, and I find it incredible that people cannot find any compassion for them.

At the end of the day the abductor(s) are the guilty ones - the most these parents are guilty of is lack of judgment and naivety in believing that their children were safely asleep close by. You make it sound as if every child unattended for even a minute (as in the case of Jamie Bulger) is fair game for any passing abductor and somehow the parents "deserve" it.
Do you go out on the pish in foreign countrys leaving your kid home alone angus?

In the UK leaving a child that age alone would have been classified as neglect/abuse by Social Services and chargeable under UKs laws - because bad situation they have not been prosecuted after return to UK

Last edited by Claymores; 04-05-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymores View Post
Do you go out on the pish in foreign countrys leaving your kid home alone angus?

What a ridiculous, immature and frankly offensive response! You have ignored completely the premise that the ABDUCTOR is the one to blame for Madeleine's disappearance, the most the parents can be accused of is naivety and misjudgment, something ALL parents are guilty of from time to time and NOTHING to do with getting pissed. Denise Bulger was at a counter in a shop paying for her purchase and turned away for just a moment; That's all it took for her son to be led away. Sarah Payne's daughter was out playing with her siblings when she was abducted.

And instead of showing any compassion for what was at most was an error of judgment, people are virtually saying the McCanns DESERVE what happened. That may be your view, but they are certainly not GUILTY of the fact that their daughter was ABDUCTED, unless you are suggesting they are somehow involved in the abduction?

Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 AM #38

Quote:
What a ridiculous, immature and frankly offensive response! You have ignored completely the premise that the ABDUCTOR is the one to blame for Madeleine's disappearance, the most the parents can be accused of is naivety and misjudgment, something ALL parents are guilty of from time to time and NOTHING to do with getting pissed. Denise Bulger was at a counter in a shop paying for her purchase and turned away for just a moment; That's all it took for her son to be led away. Sarah Payne's daughter was out playing with her siblings when she was abducted.

And instead of showing any compassion for what was at most was an error of judgment, people are virtually saying the McCanns DESERVE what happened. That may be your view, but they are certainly not GUILTY of the fact that their daughter was ABDUCTED, unless you are suggesting they are somehow involved in the abduction?
What a stupid response - there are 3 involved parties - the kiddy.
fiddler who abducted/murdered the kid - the parents who illegaly went out and left minor for bevvies (UK laws)

Thhere is a difference between taking your daughter to TOYs R Us and missing her for 3 minutus than leaving her in a bedroom and going getting pished which you cannot see
Old 04-05-2010, 07:41 AM #39

Quote:
I never have - I said the poor girl is dead from some kiddie fiddler and the parents become complicit as out on the pish and illegal in UK to leave child alone
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 AM #40

If it wasn't such a sore one and in foreign country , the parents could have charged with child neglect
Old 04-05-2010, 08:01 AM #41

Quote:
So every parent who does not watch their child 24/7 is to blame if they are abducted? I suppose you would say that Denise Bulger and Sarah Payne are responsible for the abduction and murder of their children too.
Small minded incomparable - were the parents out on the pish there too????
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 AM #42

put it this way angus - I wouldn't choose them to be godparents of my daughter even if I had religion
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM #43
Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

like, obviously it was Kate and Gerrys fault because they left them their kids there on their own... but they werent to know anything like that was going to happen! theyve had the past few years so bad, its a bit unfair to put all the blame onto them.
Stacey. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:13 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey.x View Post
like, obviously it was Kate and Gerrys fault because they left them their kids there on their own... but they werent to know anything like that was going to happen! theyve had the past few years so bad, its a bit unfair to put all the blame onto them.
I never put all the blame on them Stace - the kiddy fiddler is obviously the one who caused the girl harm. I'm suggesting the parents became complicit by leaving their daughter unattended and going on the pish in a foreign countrry. In UK, leaving a child of her age unsupervised and going out on the pish is called child neglect.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 PM #45
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymores View Post
I never put all the blame on them Stace - the kiddy fiddler is obviously the one who caused the girl harm. I'm suggesting the parents became complicit by leaving their daughter unattended and going on the pish in a foreign countrry. In UK, leaving a child of her age unsupervised and going out on the pish is called child neglect.
The UK is pretty fickle to be honest. A white middle class family, good jobs and a photogenic girl, the media jumps on it, and the UK all join together for the mourning of this lost girl (until the next one comes along of course). Before the Shannon Matthews thing came to light, it hardly got any coverage at all. Then they focused on the parents, everyone seems to forget the facts of the case, like she was pretty much imprisoned, and forced to take anti-depressants. God knows the psychological damage done to her. And Shannon is pretty much forgotten about now, also I wonder how many people were thinking about Maddie when the whole Baby P thing was going on. Maddie pops up every now and then in the media and people go "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah"

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
madeleine, mccann, tomorrow, years