Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:07 PM #51

Apparently Josie was really good in her sales job though???
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:11 PM #52

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
I think it could be one of those jobs that depend more on people skills than qualifications. Too much emphasis on qualifications these days for some jobs.
She can come across as a warm hearted people person at times.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
I can believe that, she'd hang on like a pit bull until you bought something!
JEJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:15 PM #54

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Employers, on the whole, are quite astute, IMO, at picking up on give-away details, re false info given on the CV. They can generally take most of it with a "grain of salt" anyway - particularly where the person boosts up their personality.

It's like people taking lie detecter tests give themesves away on an involuntary basis - which they can't help.

Last edited by rosebay11; 05-08-2010 at 01:27 PM.
rosebay11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:27 PM #55
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Dont be rediculous lol when you go for a nurse or a mechanic etc you are provided with extensive training lol

You dont become a nurse or a builder from getting a's in your G.C.S.E'S lol

One of the most stupidest responses ive read on tibb
You can't of read many responses then!

Yes you are provided with extensive training for those professions but you need to get the grades to get on your training in the first place! Lying about qualifications only serves to waste other people's time and money! Certainly it has been known for people to slip through the net - although much harder nowadays because people's qualifications are thoroughly checked!

But their are many jobs where you don't receive such extensive training that still require certain skills and abilities/qualifications in order to provide a safe and effective service to customers/clients!

And nobody deserves anything to be handed to them on a plate - they have to work for it like everybody else!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 PM #56
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJ View Post
Don't get me wrong, Wombai, I dislike her (almost ) as much as you do but GCSEs for a job in sales?
Well I guess it depends what she was selling and at what level ie a sales manager! If, for instance, the job required a knowledge and understanding of maths ie percentages, ratios - and a maths qualification was required for the job - and she faked it - she might not be able to do the job effectively and provide both the employer and the customer with the service they are entitled to.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 PM #57

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMBAI View Post
You can't of read many responses then!

Yes you are provided with extensive training for those professions but you need to get the grades to get on your training in the first place! Lying about qualifications only serves to waste other people's time and money! Certainly it has been known for people to slip through the net - although much harder nowadays because people's qualifications are thoroughly checked!

But their are many jobs where you don't receive such extensive training that still require certain skills and abilities/qualifications in order to provide a safe and effective service to customers/clients!

And nobody deserves anything to be handed to them on a plate - they have to work for it like everybody else!
All jobs provide the right training and if they dont then thats the employers fault. My mum didnt do very well in school coz she had to look after her dad/my grandad who was poorly throughout her child hood. After many years of factory jobs and general crapness she started training o be a nurse with no qualifications.

Anyway now shes in charge of 3 wards at Prince Charles Hospital in Wales and im proper proud of her.

Cant believe you think that to become a doctor you need g.c.s.e's lol this is wrong. You would have to go to uni and get qualifications in medical studies theres no way you could possibly become a nurse/doctor without them.

G.c.s.e's are worthless in those type of proffesions

I myself got a sales job which paid Ł23,000 a year when i was 21 all because i lied about my qualifications and previous work experience i was good at the job thats all that mattered.

Its dog eat dog mate we all need jobs and some people didnt get the best start in life but can progress in their careers. Work experience is far more effective than a stupid little qualifacation they earned when they were a 15 year old kid

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 05-08-2010 at 01:44 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:46 PM #58
What's in a name?

What's in a name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
She probably said she was interesting on it as well!
LOL. And she's a real blonde.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:52 PM #59
User banned

User banned

Quote:
All jobs provide the right training and if they dont then thats the employers fault. My mum didnt do very well in school coz she had to look after her dad/my grandad who was poorly throughout her child hood. After many years of factory jobs and general crapness she started training o be a nurse with no qualifications.

Anyway now shes in charge of 3 wards at Prince Charles Hospital in Wales and im proper proud of her.

Cant believe you think that to become a doctor you need g.c.s.e's lol this is wrong. You would have to go to uni and get qualifications in medical studies theres no way you could possibly become a nurse/doctor without them.

I myself got a sales job which paid Ł23,000 a year when i was 21 all because i lied about my qualifications and previous work experience i was good at the job thats all that mattered.

Its dog eat dog mate we all need jobs and some people didnt get the best start in life but can progress in their careers. Work experience is far more effective than a stupid little qualifacation they earned when they were a 15 year old kid
Wrong - I am a newly qualified nurse - and most certainly did have to have 0' Levels/GCSEs to get on my training, including maths! An ability to be good at figures is important in drug calculations - if you calculate a drug dosage incorrectly you could kill someone!

Last edited by WOMBAI; 05-08-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:54 PM #60
What's in a name?

What's in a name?

Quote:
It matters - would you like a nurse or doctor looking after you who wasn't properly qualified - or a mechanic fixing your families car who wasn't qualified to fix it properly, or a builder to build your house who wasn't suitably skilled, knowledgeable or qualified - etc - the list goes on!

It is important not only for safety reasons but to ensure people get the service they pay for!
Good point.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 PM #61

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Wrong - I am a newly qualified nurse - and most certainly did have to have 0' Levels/GCSEs to get on my training, including maths! An ability to be good at figures is important in drug calculations - if you calculate a drug dosage incorrectly you could kill someone!
My mum was provided with all the necesary training. Thats what im saying they didnt just throw her into the job.

Maybe shes just a one off then coz she incharge of 3 wards and your just a nurse? Whos done better for themselves?
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:59 PM #62
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

I don't like liars and I don't think lying on a CV to get a job is acceptable at all tbh.

What she's done is different to 'tweaking' it a bit to make her look a bit more impressive, she's completely lied about having exams and an NVQ (which involves a lot of hard work to get, I know I've got two myself) when she hasn't actually achieved any of it. Shows a total lack of morals and someone who was qualified for the jobs she went for will have missed out due to her lies. It's a criminal offence and rightly so.

“Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same” ~ Alan Ball
♥♥♥

MissKittyFantastico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:01 PM #63
User banned

User banned

Quote:
My mum was provided with all the necesary training. Thats what im saying they didnt just throw her into the job.

Maybe shes just a one off then coz she incharge of 3 wards and your just a nurse? Whos done better for themselves?
I have only just qualified - I no doubt will end up managing a ward in the future!

Nurses have always required qualifications to enter their training as far as I am aware - so don't know about your mum. Is she a proper qualified Registered Nurse or an HCA.

Maybe she attended one of the access courses that provide those without GCSEs etc with the relevant qualifications to get on to nurse training - she couldn't have got on with nothing!

Last edited by WOMBAI; 05-08-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:11 PM #64
What's in a name?

What's in a name?

Quote:

RLMAO.

Where do you start?

I know you're replying to Wombi there but...

You cannot compare sales to MEDICINE!!! Anyone can go into sales.

You DO need to have GCSES, A Levels or similar QUALIFICATIONS - not fantasy ones - to get into med school. Also, Wombies comments about maths being essential for nursing is an excellent point.

Look, lying about qualifications to sell mops door to door is no big deal, or if you fancy a *career* in road sweeping lie to your hearts content - hey tell them you have a doctorate!!! who gives a s***. But you cannot get away with (legally) lying to get into med school - you get found out and even if you are now a doctor and you get stuck off!

A nurse overdosing a patient due to a miscalculation is no joke, it happens far too often, which is one reason why they are getting even more tough on them.

Tell you what, quick quiz, which one of these three guys would you like managing your (cancer) morphine intake?

A. 39 year old ex bus driver who lied and said he has the qualifications to be a nurse but doesn't.
B. 41 year old *nurse* from a country where their med qualification can't be checked (who turns out to have lied just to pass the work restrictions to stay in the UK) but is in fact a farmer.
C. 25 year old state registered nurse who has honestly passed all the necessary qualification for her job.

The older two have more *experience* as you put it, but pity that experience just happens to be in farming and bus driving. You get overdosed.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:13 PM #65
What's in a name?

What's in a name?

Quote:
Cheap shot.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:42 PM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I don't like liars and I don't think lying on a CV to get a job is acceptable at all tbh.

What she's done is different to 'tweaking' it a bit to make her look a bit more impressive, she's completely lied about having exams and an NVQ (which involves a lot of hard work to get, I know I've got two myself) when she hasn't actually achieved any of it. Shows a total lack of morals and someone who was qualified for the jobs she went for will have missed out due to her lies. It's a criminal offence and rightly so.
You should be a police woman Michelle
Old 05-08-2010, 08:44 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
RLMAO.

Where do you start?

I know you're replying to Wombi there but...

You cannot compare sales to MEDICINE!!! Anyone can go into sales.

You DO need to have GCSES, A Levels or similar QUALIFICATIONS - not fantasy ones - to get into med school. Also, Wombies comments about maths being essential for nursing is an excellent point.

Look, lying about qualifications to sell mops door to door is no big deal, or if you fancy a *career* in road sweeping lie to your hearts content - hey tell them you have a doctorate!!! who gives a s***. But you cannot get away with (legally) lying to get into med school - you get found out and even if you are now a doctor and you get stuck off!

A nurse overdosing a patient due to a miscalculation is no joke, it happens far too often, which is one reason why they are getting even more tough on them.

Tell you what, quick quiz, which one of these three guys would you like managing your (cancer) morphine intake?

A. 39 year old ex bus driver who lied and said he has the qualifications to be a nurse but doesn't.
B. 41 year old *nurse* from a country where their med qualification can't be checked (who turns out to have lied just to pass the work restrictions to stay in the UK) but is in fact a farmer.
C. 25 year old state registered nurse who has honestly passed all the necessary qualification for her job.

The older two have more *experience* as you put it, but pity that experience just happens to be in farming and bus driving. You get overdosed.
I like the sound of the farmer. So I pick B!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 PM #68

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Alex
Dancing on Ice 2010: Emily

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Alex
Dancing on Ice 2010: Emily

Pleanty of people exagerate, But its easy to find out if your lying

Supporting Josie, Sam, John-James and Mario
bigbrothermaniac008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 PM #69

she is prepared to swear on her mum's life to lie as well as seen in another thread

her "relationship" is fake and a lie

it is part of her gameplan and also she DOES want to sell her story after its over as Sam said

reason she got so annoyed is because the truth hurts

the lady doth protest too much
Grimnir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 PM #70

Quote:
It is fraud! The company employing someone are paying them to do a job - and if they are not qualified to do that job properly, when they claimed they were, then it costs the employer money - potential loss of business, having to re-hire someone else etc.

Same with a university - certain qualifications are required to prove a person's ability to undertake a particular course - if they fake them - and fail the course - they waste everyone's time and money and prevent someone who could of completed the course from getting a place!
i wonder what level of qualifications steve has.....im assuming he left at 16 and joined the army with the rest of the thicko's!
toothpick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:18 PM #71
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Lying to your prospective employer about your qualifications is a daft idea. If you get the job and they find out you lied, it's gross misconduct and you're out on your ear. Plus it's not difficult to spot the people who come laden with "qualifications" but don't seem to be able to construct a proper sentence. As for people saying qualifications aren't important, it's an employers market. There are a lot of well-qualified people looking for jobs, so why would anyone employ someone who couldn't be bothered to take their exams?
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gcse, josies, lie