Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 15-11-2010, 02:11 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Default if the judges save katie next week?

then we should all bycott the show and only let her 5 fans watch it? as it seriously will get ridiculous.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 15-11-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 02:30 AM #2
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

People really need to get over this. It's a bloody TV show. We all know whoever wins won't last longer than a year or two at most, so why get so stressed?

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 02:58 AM #3
Banned

Banned

In fairness the public saved Katie this time, you can't place blame anywhere but yourselves really.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 06:14 AM #4
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

What Dezzy said.

You seriously need to get over it and vote for your faves more if you don't like it. Once an act is in the Bottom Two your opinion is irrelevant [and so is the rest of the public's] unless it goes to Deadlock. It's been that way for years.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 07:57 AM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Well is some press reports are right this morning, she is likely to be kicked out of X Factor anyway if she has still been in contact with her original USA company as to recordings. If the reports are true that is.

I still say though, it cannot be seen as fair no matter the votes, that sonmeone who has already had 3 second chances and still hasn't improved in the shows standing,should get a 4th second chance at the expense of someone who in fact was needing only their first second chance,.

Near two thirds of her weeks on X Factor she has been in the bottom 2, thats not success,thats failure on a grand scale.

Of course Aiden is gone and we have to accept that,I am not a great fan of deadlock,I think Simon or Luois should have voted her out last week over Treyc.
In deadlock, the votes are for the previous nights performance, the voting viewers don't know who is the bottom 2, there is then a sing off,which the voting public don't get a vote on. Until the lines are re-opened and new votes are cast after the sing off, deadlock is also not fair.

The point is, someone who has already had 3 second chances and has not improved their standing and this was her 2nd week in a row in the bottom 2 again,that person does not deserve a 4th second chance and I am stunned Simon Cowell could even consider she did deserve a 4th second chance.

Whatever you do in life, if you fail 4 times out of 6 against someone who has failed only 1 time out of 6 then you would get nowhere and that's where Katie should go,for that reason only that Katie has not improved her standing in the show and the public clearly don't like her.

Also we don't know whether she was hundreds of votes over Aiden or just a handful on that week but what about all her previous times in the bottom 2, how many of those was she last in I wonder.

Had this been AIdens 4th week in the bottom 2 and Katies first, but Aiden had stayed, rightly Katie fans would have the same massive grievance at the decisions of the judges,one in particular, Mr Cowell. Of course Cheryl had to support her own act but to be fair even she looked a bit uncomfortable doing so last night.

Last edited by joeysteele; 15-11-2010 at 08:49 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 08:08 AM #6
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
In fairness the public saved Katie this time, you can't place blame anywhere but yourselves really.
I accept that,you make a great point, many Aiden fans clearly believed he was safe and therefore didn't feel the need to vote more than they have done before.There is no way I can argue with that at all.

All I can add is that having said that,(using a Simon Cowell phrase),Aiden fans did believe he was safe so didn't vote more, but Katies fans must have known she wasn't safe after so many times in the bottom 2 but still she was there in the last 2 again.

This is why I preferred odd numbers of mentors/judges,so that deadlock couldn't be used as deadlock also is not fair if the votersdon't get the same chance as the judges/mentors have with the hindsight of who the bottom 2 are then also to vote on the sing off performances.

Right ,I will get hammered likley but I am off my soapbox now,I just think it unfair someone with 3 second chances goes through over someone who has had none.
Old 15-11-2010, 08:12 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

She'll probably be up against Wagner in which case she'll stay, otherwiseo c it will be Paije which would be hard to call because he's boring too
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 08:39 AM #8

Katie killed Aiden in the sing off... he was terrible and she was brilliant.

I am surprised she survived though as the public voted on her Saturday performance. She got the bummer of the Century....Saturday Night is alright for fighting....possibly Elton's worst ever hit. She was pretty awful too. Louis you were so damn right about Cheryl's lousy choice.

Aiden has been getting progressively worse...after Madworld he was my fave, he was three miles ahead of the rest in the fast lane of the motorway but somehow managed to burn his engine out before the halfway stage.

Katie must be getting the sympathy vote to have survived that saturday performance. If she can get a slow soulful number as opposed to the s**t Cheryl serves up on a Saturday I reckon she has legs yet.

Katie FTW.

Last edited by stewart64; 15-11-2010 at 08:39 AM.
stewart64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 08:45 AM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
She'll probably be up against Wagner in which case she'll stay, otherwiseo c it will be Paije which would be hard to call because he's boring too
I don't now think Simon dares to vote out a Cheryl act for some reason, either she has some hold on him or he is desperate to have 2 girls in the final with One Direction so that the female votes are nor split between male acts.

It seems it doesn't matter what act or what mentor/judge gets trod on this series as long as Ms. Cole gets her way as regards Simon's actions.

I think he will keep Katie in over all other acts now except maybe Rebecca.

Last edited by joeysteele; 15-11-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 15-11-2010, 08:51 AM #10

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
I agree with that.
Old 15-11-2010, 08:51 AM #11

Joey Steele - 3 great posts, sums up my feelings exactly and also highlights my own disallusions with the show this year

Last edited by tate; 15-11-2010 at 08:52 AM.
tate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 09:02 AM #12
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate View Post
Joey Steele - 3 great posts, sums up my feelings exactly and also highlights my own disallusions with the show this year
Thank you tate,I appreciate your response,I just believe in fairness and right and the last 2 weeks there has been neither on X Factor and what is sad is that Simon Cowell used to be a realist and very constructive and fair but somehow that's out the window now it seems.

I also would add, had Aiden or any other act been in the bottom 2 4 times and Katie only once this week, although if Aiden had got through in that scenario.no matter how much I like him. I also would not think it fair and right.

As a student, we often have to pass comment and judgements on each others work,I have many times voted down my closer friends there because they failed to get enough right.

4 times failing out of 6 as with Katie does not indicate to me success,it yells total failure.
1 time out of 6 failing as to Aiden,indicates a chance of renewed progress in the future.
To me thats only logical, fair and right.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:11 AM #13

Again I agree. Simon Cowell used to be fair and constructive to all contestants but I feel that he is being destructive this year with his obvious bias

I have always believed in a show like this anyone can have a bad week. Because of this everyone deserves 1 second chance to make amends. Katie has had 4 now. It is obvious she doesnt have the public's support and has done nothing to improve herself in the last few weeks. because of this i feel she should be gone because other acts, Aiden this week, are never going to get their 2nd chance to improve (and i believe that it would have been the rocket up his bum that he needed had he have been saved)

For the rest of the contestants there must be a feeling of almost defeat. How can any of them compete in the bottom 2 against someone who has the support and bias of the very man who used to understand that the public rarely get their votes wrong? And now we are down to 8 the odds of being in the bottom 2 are greatly increased week on week - hardly conducive to a good environment for the others

I just dont get it
tate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 09:18 AM #14
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate View Post
Again I agree. Simon Cowell used to be fair and constructive to all contestants but I feel that he is being destructive this year with his obvious bias

I have always believed in a show like this anyone can have a bad week. Because of this everyone deserves 1 second chance to make amends. Katie has had 4 now. It is obvious she doesnt have the public's support and has done nothing to improve herself in the last few weeks. because of this i feel she should be gone because other acts, Aiden this week, are never going to get their 2nd chance to improve (and i believe that it would have been the rocket up his bum that he needed had he have been saved)

For the rest of the contestants there must be a feeling of almost defeat. How can any of them compete in the bottom 2 against someone who has the support and bias of the very man who used to understand that the public rarely get their votes wrong? And now we are down to 8 the odds of being in the bottom 2 are greatly increased week on week - hardly conducive to a good environment for the others

I just dont get it
Excellent post, I totally agree with every word.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:44 AM #15
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
People really need to get over this. It's a bloody TV show. We all know whoever wins won't last longer than a year or two at most, so why get so stressed?

leona? alexandra?
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 09:50 AM #16
Truth hurts.

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
CBB8: Jedward
Truth hurts.

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
CBB8: Jedward

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart64 View Post
Katie killed Aiden in the sing off... he was terrible and she was brilliant.

I am surprised she survived though as the public voted on her Saturday performance. She got the bummer of the Century....Saturday Night is alright for fighting....possibly Elton's worst ever hit. She was pretty awful too. Louis you were so damn right about Cheryl's lousy choice.

Aiden has been getting progressively worse...after Madworld he was my fave, he was three miles ahead of the rest in the fast lane of the motorway but somehow managed to burn his engine out before the halfway stage.

Katie must be getting the sympathy vote to have survived that saturday performance. If she can get a slow soulful number as opposed to the s**t Cheryl serves up on a Saturday I reckon she has legs yet.

Katie FTW.
Perfectly written. Words I could have said myself. Good work!
cub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 02:50 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i voted,and katie has only beat him this week if the digital spy spoiler is correct,and still katie had to be on later than aiden to be slightly above him.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 03:24 PM #18
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
then we should all bycott the show and only let her 5 fans watch it? as it seriously will get ridiculous.
Yes, please do, it will make Katie's victory a cetainty that way
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 06:41 PM #19

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
X Factor 2013: Hannah Barrett

Favourites (more):

I hate that people keep saying the public "saved her."
People know that she's struggling so her army will vote for her whereas no one really thought Aiden would leave so he got less votes. Sort of like Lucie and Jedward last year.

If they said vote to save Aiden or Katie like a BB eviction you know Katie would go by like 99% of the vote.
james130 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 06:44 PM #20
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by james130 View Post
whereas no one really thought Aiden would leave so he got less votes.
...and that's the problem. But...whose fault is it? The public's - that's who. His fans. If you assume he's safe and he hits the Bottom Two - it's your fault, no one elses. He didn't magically appear there. He received the fewest votes. That's his fans fault - no one elses. If it's not the public's fault, whose fault is it?
Old 15-11-2010, 06:49 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I never said its not their fault but it was hardly their intention to "save" Katie.
Old 15-11-2010, 06:54 PM #22
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by james130 View Post
I never said its not their fault but it was hardly their intention to "save" Katie.
Never said it was, it's just a turn of phrase. Katie polled the most votes out of her and Aiden - that's a majority, thus, technically speaking, the public did 'save her'. I know it wasn't intentional, but they still saved her.

It's like when the Judges vote and there's a majority of 3 - 1, you say 'the Judges saved them' - one of the Judges didn't, but because it was a majority you just say 'the Judges saved them'. It's easier, and, technically speaking, is correct. In this case the public did save her - might not have been intentional but they still saved her.
Old 15-11-2010, 06:55 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I suppose, it's just me hating Katie really.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
judges, katie, Katie Waissel, save, week