Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 PM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Natalie Cassidy
The Voice 2012: Ruth Brown

Favourites (more):

It's became more of a talent contest now. Years ago, there were average looking people in the house, funky looking people like Tracey from BB8, Pete from BB7 and old Carol from BB8. Everyone cast for the housemate line up last year was a stereotyped 'Good looking' person.

The show has lost it's meaning. It's supposed to be a social experiment, where it's audience watch the housemates being challenged and pushed to their limits by Big Brother. This isn't the case anymore. Big Brother's producers are letting the housemates get away with absolutely anything, the rules are always being broken, in the past three series, every housemate has discussed Nominations... Big Brother doesn't even bat an eye lid. There duvet sheets are being took off by producers and washed for them. And there was even speculation that Celebrities had taken their iPods into the house (When Amy Childs asked someone if they'd brought their iPod). What's going on? Why has the TV Show being completely stripped from it's format? The house has become so easy and laid back, the housemates don't even deserve the prize fund because they haven't earned it.

When Big Brother was on C4, the build up to Launch Night had me feeling sick with excitement. I know that's dramatic, but it did hahah! Eye flashes on the channel coming and going, then they'd get extended. Even Daniel Eatocks eye design was something different and no other Big Brother show across the world had the same design, apart from some country who ripped off the BB11 eye. Now C5 have gone with their own brand, and used a pathetic eye that a four year old child could draw. You can't do anything different with the new logo, whereas Eatocks eye was so diverse and the yearly eyes were amazing. I'm getting bored off it now, I really hope that they kick themselves in the arse this year, because there viewings are gonna go down!!
Joniface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 PM #27

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Everyone used to be so excited with the reveal of the Eye every summer. It was soooo tense. No we have an actual eye, it's nothing special. Big Brother used to be special. Now it's just another TV Show.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM #28
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joniface View Post
When Big Brother was on C4, the build up to Launch Night had me feeling sick with excitement. I know that's dramatic, but it did hahah!
That's not dramatic dude, literally 85% of this forum felt like that every year too.

I nearly had an anxiety attack during the run up to a BB10 Eviction - would never happen nowadays. Big Brother's nothing like this anymore. It's became just a silly show now, like everything else. It's such a shame.

Last edited by Patrick; 04-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yeah I agree completely. When the show was axed from C4 I was devestated, and when I found out it was moving to C5 I was so happy. On launch night I honestly couldn't breath I was that excited haha. When it started, the titles rolled and they were just really bad quality, the set outside the house was just bizzare... I love the eye stage at the side of the house, but the seating areas for the audience just looks mad.

I wish I could produce that show, I'd keep all of us Big Brother Fans pleased!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 PM #30
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

I guess society has changed since the 'glory days'. The mature fanbase has moved on and got bored of it so they're going for the teen audience who they know will lap up any old rubbish cos they've not seen many other series.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
It's simply a daft television show now. When it was on Channel 4 it wasn't a television show, it was more this network dominant, Channel 4 house some nutters were living in. It shared the same font as the Channel 4 font, ran live alongside whatever else was airing, and sort of took over the channel multiple times a day with it's sister shows, spin offs etc.

The tone of it being this creepy post modern opportunity to spy on people is gone. It's now some bizarre Channel 5 parody that retains very little of the original components of what made the original show so great. I've noticed that the majority of people who don't mind are the ones who roll around in Reality TV to begin with. The unhinged weirdos like me who hate Reality TV but made an exception for Big Brother have jumped ship.

King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 AM #32
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I guess society has changed since the 'glory days'. The mature fanbase has moved on and got bored of it so they're going for the teen audience who they know will lap up any old rubbish cos they've not seen many other series.
The real fans are still there believe me, yeah some might of left after the joke that was BB8 - but if they really wanted they could get those fans back in a second, by bringing back live feed, getting a good mix of housemates and actually listening to what we want instead of going in the opposite direction.

But you're right, Channel 5 seem to want to impress the silly teenage audience who love this kind of stuff, it's funny aswell - because their 'target audience' nowadays are the ones who use to take the piss out of me [and i'm sure others] for watching Big Brother back in the day because it wasn't cool, yet now they're the ones watching it - so in a way it feels like Endemol have ******ing cheated us.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 AM #33
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

its simple bigbrother went from reality to entertainment
each series got further away from the original with producers trying out new ideas and concepts,we are so far from the original that there is no way back
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
No it won't - because it's going to be the exact same as last year. That's the thing with Big Brother 2.0 - it's all the same, same eye, same house, same tacky humour, same dull tasks, same editing, same titles etc

Nothing is different about a series anymore - that's why it's lost it's uniqueness, honestly if you look at CBB8, BB12 and CBB9 they pretty much all feel like one big series.

The ******ing dullards brought back live feed in January - it became the highest rated show on 5* in history, and now they've took it away again for Summer? I'm sorry, I can't take morons like that seriously and I'm not sure why they think they're fit to run a ******ing show that use to mean something to people.

I suppose there's no point in getting excited about it then?
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:30 AM #35
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

Being on Channel 5 just puts a downer on things

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 AM #36

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Why is everyone still kissing Channel 4's arse?

They were the people who run BB into the ground and turned it into a gimmicky teeny show where no alcohol consumption was allowed and barely a nipple was shown due to them being terrified of offcom.

Channel 5 bring it back and BOOM we get housemates having wanking competitions, actual naked housemates on show, alcohol round the clock, great arguments and less gimmicky **** aka Davina Mckaw and Bob Ryter!

If anything Channel 5 have taken it back to how it was.

The only thing i hate is the editing as its to pollished and BB does not need musical montages during an episode but then again Channel 4 were the ones who started that in BB11.

I enjoyed BB12 and CBB9 its just the god damn live feed!!!! We have that back and i will be a very happy guy.

I think people are being unfair to Channel 5 considering you was all saying how great promotion was last year and how people loved the new staging and stuff. They put alot of effort into it. BB was even being advertised primetime on itv!

Now we have a brand new eye which is one of the best in years.

We also have the teaser ads leading up to BB and a new ad due to air next Monday. This is traditional BB promo in the lead up to launch which we all love!

Im happy we still have BB and Channel 5 bought it coz after the race row no other channel would touch it with a barge pole.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 09-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 AM #37
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post

They were the people who run BB into the ground and turned it into a gimmicky teeny show where no alcohol consumption was allowed and barely a nipple was shown due to them being terrified of offcom.

Channel 5 bring it back and BOOM we get housemates having wanking competitions, actual naked housemates on show, alcohol round the clock, great arguments and less gimmicky **** aka Davina Mckaw and Bob Ryter!

The only thing i hate is the editing as its to pollished and BB does not need musical montages during an episode but then again Channel 4 were the ones who started that in BB11.

I enjoyed BB12 and CBB9 its just the god damn live feed!!!! We have that back and i will be a very happy guy.

I think people are being unfair to Channel 5 considering you was all saying how great promotion was last year and how people loved the new staging and stuff. They put alot of effort into it. BB was even being advertised primetime on itv! And now we have a brand new eye which is one of the best in years.

Im happy we still have BB and Channel 5 bought it coz after the race row no other channel would touch it with a barge pole.
For sure. But they were also the channel that gave us some amazing BB TV and it was 1 of their most successful shows ever.

People lose interest. And Channel 4 didnt know what to do to change this.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 AM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
For sure. But they were also the channel that gave us some amazing BB TV and it was 1 of their most successful shows ever.

People lose interest. And Channel 4 didnt know what to do to change this.
Channel 4 didnt want the show after the race row. They hated it and wanted it gone it was plane to see.

Yes years ago it was huge on channel 4 but that was way back in like bb7 era.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 09-05-2012 at 12:55 AM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:32 AM #39
Jay Boy

Favourites (more):
BB16: Harriet
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Jay Boy

Favourites (more):
BB16: Harriet
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Quote:
Channel 4 didnt want the show after the race row. They hated it and wanted it gone it was plane to see.

Yes years ago it was huge on channel 4 but that was way back in like bb7 era.
This is true, when i think back to the great glory days of bb it stops after bb7 and that because of the race row, after that bb went down hill, maybe if another channel had taken bb in 2007 i think it could have done well or if channel 4 had rested the entire series for a year or so after the row maybe they wouldnt have been so scared to do things with the show that they used to. x
Fat.Rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 AM #40

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

They are only really interested in the celeb version, so will try to make the proper show more like the celeb version.

You are not going to get "normal" housemates, only celeb clones to be groomed into the "next Jade Goody".
BBDodge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 PM #41
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think people are being unfair to Channel 5 considering you was all saying how great promotion was last year and how people loved the new staging and stuff. They put alot of effort into it. BB was even being advertised primetime on itv!

Now we have a brand new eye which is one of the best in years.

We also have the teaser ads leading up to BB and a new ad due to air next Monday. This is traditional BB promo in the lead up to launch which we all love!

I love you. You speak the truth.

This is exactly what I was saying during BB12 on Facebook to people. Everyone was all 'Big Bruv is pants now on CH5. Should of left it on CH4' etc

People seem to forget how Channel 4 treated Big Brother after BB9. They left it to rot for a year [2009] and then decided to do all they could to ruin what could of been a decent series, in 2010. I'm sorry but I'll never forgive them for that Quadruple eviction stunt they pulled in BB11's final week.
And the way they never advertised it after BB7 because they felt ashamed of it etc

Channel 5 did an amazing job during BB12 in terms of bringing back that spark it lacked in recent years, as you said we got housemates going crazy, arguing, getting naked, talk of sex in the house, rebelling etc - that's what we had in BB5,BB6,BB7 and BB9 and that's what made those series amazing.

It's a shame that so many people never gave BB12 a chance - and that's where Channel 5 shot themselves in the foot, because of CBB and I do believe all Channel 5 NEED to change is:
  • The Host
  • The Editing
  • The Launch Approach
  • The Arselicking of CBB
  • Live Feed

And we'd have Big Brother back to how it was.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
unsure