Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:15 PM #1

Default Madeleine McCann Inquiry - get off the TV News unless you have a Real Update

I am getting sick of this.

I hope they one day fine that girl.

But at this time there is No New Lead

http://news.sky.com/story/1151246/ma...aking-progress
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:43 PM #2

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

It's a strange one all round this one Arista,cant help but feel the parents have friends in high places!

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 PM #3
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

yep definate cover-up.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:04 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
It's a strange one all round this one Arista,cant help but feel the parents have friends in high places!

Every Channel wants it
No problem - but Only if its a Real Update.

I do not want to know about
Europe mobile phone number trackings

Tell us when it becomes a real update
Old 08-10-2013, 08:42 AM #5
-

-

There are all sorts of conspiracy theories about poor Madeleine. but I genuinely think she died in an accident that was quickly covered up.

I think they gave her a mild sedative and put her to bed so that they could go out - she got up, groggy, fell and hit her head, they came back and panicked (because she would have had drugs in her system) and covered it with the abduction story.

It's the only explanation I've ever seen that makes any sense at all.

I thought it was far fetched that her parents would have drugged her at first - then was utterly dumbfounded a couple of years ago, when I discovered during a rather heated debate that parents sedating toddlers with low doses of drowsy-antihistamines (for example, on long flights) is horrifically common (apparently I'm very judgemental for thinking it's wrong to drug your perfectly healthy child??).

Now I have no problem believing that two doctors with access to meds would sedate for an evening out, and the explanation above makes even more sense.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 AM #6

TS
thats crazy people.

Deal in Facts
she is missing Alive or Dead
we do not need it On our News unless they have a Real Update
Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 AM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
There are all sorts of conspiracy theories about poor Madeleine. but I genuinely think she died in an accident that was quickly covered up.

I think they gave her a mild sedative and put her to bed so that they could go out - she got up, groggy, fell and hit her head, they came back and panicked (because she would have had drugs in her system) and covered it with the abduction story.

I thought it was far fetched that her parents would have drugged her at first - then was utterly dumbfounded a couple of years ago, when I discovered during a rather heated debate that parents sedating toddlers with low doses of drowsy-antihistamines (for example, on long flights) is horrifically common (apparently I'm very judgemental for thinking it's wrong to drug your perfectly healthy child??).

Now I have no problem believing that two doctors with access to meds would sedate for an evening out, and the explanation above makes even more sense.

Wow really? I must admit we always shied away from long haul flights when the boys were young as we felt it would be difficult to keep them amused and it would be ultra stressful, would never think of sedating a child, would think twice about sedating my dog never mind anything else. If they did the above would they still be in the public eye so much after all this time, surely it would be in their interests to let it all die down?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:01 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Wow really? I must admit we always shied away from long haul flights when the boys were young as we felt it would be difficult to keep them amused and it would be ultra stressful, would never think of sedating a child, would think twice about sedating my dog never mind anything else. If they did the above would they still be in the public eye so much after all this time, surely it would be in their interests to let it all die down?
Yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you? I admit the thought did cross my mind as well, aren't the McCanns Doctors though? Although saying that, they thought leaving their young children alone in an apartment (and remember Madeleine was the eldest of the three children as well) was ok, I can't even fathom how a parent would ever think that was ok. My guess is we'll never know the truth of what happened but for Madeleines sake, Toy Soldiers theory might be the kindest thing to have happened to her, some of the alternatives are not very nice.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:48 AM #9
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you? I admit the thought did cross my mind as well, aren't the McCanns Doctors though? Although saying that, they thought leaving their young children alone in an apartment (and remember Madeleine was the eldest of the three children as well) was ok, I can't even fathom how a parent would ever think that was ok. My guess is we'll never know the truth of what happened but for Madeleines sake, Toy Soldiers theory might be the kindest thing to have happened to her, some of the alternatives are not very nice.

Yeah beggars belief, there were so many people with them that night though I think one of them would have cracked by now if something like that would have happened weren't they all taking turns to check the children I think they were anyway.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 AM #10
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
[/B]

Yeah beggars belief, there were so many people with them that night though I think one of them would have cracked by now if something like that would have happened weren't they all taking turns to check the children I think they were anyway.
Yeah, that's true too. Poor kid, I don't think we'll ever know tbh

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 PM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

If you apply the law of the simplest explanation being the most likely one (Occam's razor) then you can ask yourself what is more likely, ie that they just happened to be in a resort where Peadophiles were operating and they were unfortunate enough to be targetted. These people waited and waited for one opportunity which luckily came their way. They then broke into the apartment and grabbed only the older girl leaving the others sleeping, they then made a complete and silent getaway leaving no clues whatsoever and all the efforts of all the police services internationally could find no leads or suspects................????

Or..........they being Doctors with access to medicines decided stupidly to give Madeline a sleeping tablet or drink to keep her quiet but she awoke groggy and ended up having an accident, perhaps she fell awkwardly out of bed and strangled herself, but her parents panicked and invented the abduction story....which they have now stuck to for years....

Either way very sad no winners here.....hope the real version of events finally comes to light someday.....!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:09 PM #12

"just happened to be in a resort where Peadophiles were operating "

Yes Grim

But the point of this thread
is to say Get off our TV news
unless its a Real Update
Old 08-10-2013, 06:57 PM #13
-

-

Quote:
[/B]

They claim they were taking turns to check but that again, is because leaving your kids alone while you go half way across a resort to have a drink is questionable in the first place. Adding to that; "Oh, and none of us went to check on them at all" makes it even worse.

So yeah... it would be probable in this scenario that no one bothered to check in on them, they just assumed they'd be fine, and then when they did go back a while later something tragic had happened.

You can imagine the thought process; that they would be found guilty of neglect and lose their other children, that they might even be guilty of manslaughter and be convicted. So they reported her missing, the media latched onto it, and it snowballed.

It's the simplest and most logical explanation... but it is conspiracy theory territory. Things like this go unsolved all the time; just not usually to upper-middle class white-British people in foreign countries. That's why the media are so interested, and that's why we're still hearing about it.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM #14

I was always of the theory that they were covering up an accident.

But, making it worse for themselves with the charity donations and constantly asking for the case to be reviewed, documentaries, TV appeals. Now 6 years on, you'd think they'd have let it all go away.

Because if they are responsible is one thing, wasting police and many other people's resources, money and time, still 6 years later would be astonishing.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:17 PM #15
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

I hope they find Madeleine soon I still have hope that she is alive I have been following this since it started in May 2007
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 PM #16
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They claim they were taking turns to check but that again, is because leaving your kids alone while you go half way across a resort to have a drink is questionable in the first place. Adding to that; "Oh, and none of us went to check on them at all" makes it even worse.

So yeah... it would be probable in this scenario that no one bothered to check in on them, they just assumed they'd be fine, and then when they did go back a while later something tragic had happened.

You can imagine the thought process; that they would be found guilty of neglect and lose their other children, that they might even be guilty of manslaughter and be convicted. So they reported her missing, the media latched onto it, and it snowballed.

It's the simplest and most logical explanation... but it is conspiracy theory territory. Things like this go unsolved all the time; just not usually to upper-middle class white-British people in foreign countries. That's why the media are so interested, and that's why we're still hearing about it.
I could go with that if it was just the McCanns themselves out for dinner, someone in their party would have slipped up by now, it is just not possible in my view that all would hold the same line so many years later, especially with how high profile the McCanns are.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 PM #17
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

^ I don't think so either, can't see why the McCann's would have invested so much time, effort and money into keeping this such a high profile story over all this time if they had anything to do with it
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 PM #18

I sadly believe madeleine died the night of the dinner party and she is buried somewhere in the Portuguese hills. How her death occurred I wouldn't like to guess. Her parents have a lifetime of guilt ahead of them just for leaving those children alone...let alone if their actions directly led to her death. I wish they could find her remains so she can at least rest in peace...
Old 09-10-2013, 12:31 AM #19
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

It should be remembered that the McCanns were suspects of the Portuguese police.

I too think Toy Soldiers proposition seems a realistic one.

I hope Madeleine is still alive but, sadly, I think she died before she "disappeared".
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 AM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I heard there is to be an eye opening documentary next month, that might challenge opinon.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:43 AM #21
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
It should be remembered that the McCanns were suspects of the Portuguese police.

I too think Toy Soldiers proposition seems a realistic one.

I hope Madeleine is still alive but, sadly, I think she died before she "disappeared".
Should also be remembered that the Portuguese police handled this case badly from the start, and that one of their police chiefs is currently in court for libel over the accusations he has made against them
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:34 AM #22
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Should also be remembered that the Portuguese police handled this case badly from the start, and that one of their police chiefs is currently in court for libel over the accusations he has made against them
Without a doubt it was handled less than well. However it does not mean that they were wrong to suspect the parents.

It will be interesting to see how far the McCanns get with the libel case: they might be shooting themselves in the foot by pursuing this, but I guess they have no choice if they want to maintain their story. Oscar Wilde's ill-fated libel action springs to mind!

I was disappointed that there was not more thorough investigation of the DNA allegedly belonging to Madeleine found in the boot of the McCanns rental car. Perhaps some of this aspect will come out in the libel case.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM #23
0_o

0_o

Quote:

Yup, this is my thinking too. Has been for years.

As for why they keep it in the public eye, thats a harder one. It could be that they just like the attention it gives them (Kate brought it all back up in the press right before her book came out iirc). It could be that they know a lot of people think they are guilty and what better way to avoid looking guilty than to keep dragging it back up. It could even be that they are utter sadists who feel glee at what they have got away with (last one extremely unlikely)

The police bloke in Portugal who is being done for libel..is that the one who brought the book out that basically said they did it?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:59 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Wasn't she caught out lying yesterday?saying she thinks Maddy is still alive but conceding a few days after she went missing that she thought she was dead?I will see if I can find the link.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniek76 View Post
I sadly believe madeleine died the night of the dinner party and she is buried somewhere in the Portuguese hills. How her death occurred I wouldn't like to guess. Her parents have a lifetime of guilt ahead of them just for leaving those children alone...let alone if their actions directly led to her death. I wish they could find her remains so she can at least rest in peace...

No Facts to that horror story.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
inquiry, madeleine, mccann, news, real, tv, update