Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 26-08-2014, 07:15 AM #101

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary

Favourites:

Wow just woke up to see the thread did well.
I understand peoples perception of all things similar to what Gary said.
I have seen people in the Spiritual Field selling things like "protectors" and what not to pocket quick money.
There is no religion that will help with anything. The only thing that can help you in anyway related to religion but not directly is mediation. Although that has been around a lot longer than people think, it is also used for very selfish reasons and should be used to broaden your perception of duality into unity.
Pronshi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:19 AM #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..hmmm it's funny how we see things differently and yet we're all watching the same thing but that's the fascinating and interesting thing of BB and 'people watching'......yeah, I can understand how you see it and make valid points, maybe he did think Gary meant 32 years together and that was clarified...I think walking away was fine if he had just done it less rudely and he always seems to pride himself on 'behaving well' type thing ...I also think in general, not just with this ..that we're much more open to at least listening, even though we may disagree if we like that person/have tolerance for them..?..but when we don't have any, when we have complete intolerance or liking for them, then we're thinking...no I don't want to give any time to this etc..?...

..and I think the fact that James was not prepared to conversation yet Gary was prepared to, says to me where the 'intolerances' lie and 'who is the bigger person' despite their past differences....
I'm pretty sure James could try to be less rude if he had the inclination, but I don't think Gary was up for a conversation as such here. This was all set up for a centre stage Gary monologue if James was prepared to indulge him.

I like Gary, but he's no saint, and he has an ego at least as big as James' if not bigger.
I think Gary will have to handle people walking away at times - he is unlikely to adapt himself, and I don't think he has quite the characteristics to persuade others to adapt to him.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:24 AM #103
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
I'm pretty sure James could try to be less rude if he had the inclination, but I don't think Gary was up for a conversation as such here. This was all set up for a centre stage Gary monologue if James was prepared to indulge him.

I like Gary, but he's no saint, and he has an ego at least as big as James' if not bigger.
I think Gary will have to handle people walking away at times - he is unlikely to adapt himself, and I don't think he has quite the characteristics to persuade others to adapt to him.
..yeah I agree I think Gary has an ego, I think they all do and all Celebrity BB housemates in general and I agree Gary is no saint at all but I think he has some interesting views on things and has led a very varied and interesting life in general so I would be fascinated by him/am fascinated by him...much more so than I am with James because he gives his opinions so freely and quite 'forcefully' at times in my opinion and yet doesn't talk of many 'life experiences' type thing to explain them..?...both great viewing and great housemates though, eh Tip..?.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:26 AM #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah I agree I think Gary has an ego, I think they all do and all Celebrity BB housemates in general and I agree Gary is no saint at all but I think he has some interesting views on things and has led a very varied and interesting life in general so I would be fascinated by him/am fascinated by him...much more so than I am with James because he gives his opinions so freely and quite 'forcefully' at times in my opinion and yet doesn't talk of many 'life experiences' type thing to explain them..?...both great viewing and great housemates though, eh Tip..?.....
Indeed they are - I've now changed my mind about James for sure and want him to stay -even though I don't like him, he does give you something to react about
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:32 AM #105
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Indeed they are - I've now changed my mind about James for sure and want him to stay -even though I don't like him, he does give you something to react about
..oh yeah totally, I do want him to stay, I would love to see them both in the final and I hope neither gets booed harshly because they don't deserve it...actually I was just coming to post an 'afterthought' to my last post and say that maybe the thing is that with both of them, it is all an 'ego' thing or a 'who knows better' thing/like a clash of 'the wisdom of the house'..?..I don't know, that could possibly be a thought..Gary has 'lived it all' and is firm in his 'knowledge' and James has also observed a lot and is 'top of his game' type thing..?...so it's kind of how they're presenting their 'egos' as to how we decide which we prefer..?...LOL I love BB so much, this series is so fascinating and reminds me why I love it so much...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:14 AM #106
You know my methods

You know my methods

I would imagine a closer examination of gary and his "spirituality" would quickly show it to be just his imagination/age and accident trauma.

Combine this with the bog standard reason people say they have seen ghosts/spirts etc - ie it makes them feel important and gets them attention.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:31 AM #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I would imagine a closer examination of gary and his "spirituality" would quickly show it to be just his imagination/age and accident trauma.

Combine this with the bog standard reason people say they have seen ghosts/spirts etc - ie it makes them feel important and gets them attention.
Ah but in the BB house it does not get them the right attention. The others are totally bogged down on the material part of their life, their successes their acceptance by others. It takes a great person to put forth part of their being knowing that it wont possibly be accepted. Like attracts like and for Gary there is no like in there.

It is a well known fact that accidents and operations can lead to Out of Body experiences. Many sit in meditation circles to obtain the same effect, it is all a matter of putting ones levels within the body onto a straight pathway. The people of the earth would take substances to progress their souls to achieve the healing and the aspect of having one foot on each level of understanding. There is so much and I would love to sit and talk to Gary as he is experiencing it. We are not just who we think we are we are all something far greater.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:40 AM #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
you can learn from others experiences, you dont need to prove anything though? listening and learning it depends whether you can put your ego aside first, alas jumped up james sorry king james of england, coudlnt do that, we dont do silly things like listening and learning in england do we james?
Hi Truth, I do so agree with what you are saying but the experiences I am talking about tbh, is the out of body and astral projection. Many find these hard to accept but many of us can say they are definitely truth. Because some do not understand it is easier to just make fun of that person, mind as someone said, if the person is liked he may be treated with tolerance but in the case of Gary, he isnt liked so they just put everything down to him being a doddery old man. He isnt though, he has his own truths and we are all on a pathway to discovery. Many in there wont realise that until they are past it they will have missed out on so much but, that is only my truth and I respect others.
Old 26-08-2014, 09:52 AM #109
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

I would say it's the iconoclasts of this world, those who go out of their way to ridicule and belittle people's beliefs because they don't share them rather than living and let live, who are the one's demanding attention, Trumpet. You believe "faith" is all hocum. You can't prove it is, but you believe it anyway. It's an oddly conflicting view.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 11:54 AM #110

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):

I just think like this...

I know that life exists, because I am alive.

I don't know that death exists... nobody does. To be dead you can't exist, so you can't have proof of death, only proof of life.

So scientifically you can only believe in your life, and not in your death. Nobody can tell me that I am alive apart from me, and nobody can tell me that I am dead including me.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:57 AM #111

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

As much as irritates me.. i could sit and listen to his beliefs in spirituality for hours, i find that stuff incredibly fascinating
Old 26-08-2014, 12:15 PM #112
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I would say it's the iconoclasts of this world, those who go out of their way to ridicule and belittle people's beliefs because they don't share them rather than living and let live, who are the one's demanding attention, Trumpet. You believe "faith" is all hocum. You can't prove it is, but you believe it anyway. It's an oddly conflicting view.
People believe all kinds of sh1t and thats a fact, its one of the reasons we have a legal system so that we can use hard evidence to avoid such crap.

There are not too many judgements made on a daily basis that find in favour of gods, ghosts and spirits coz in the real world they dont exist but as i have often said there is no problem believing in anything, just dont expect others to share your views if you bring them to a party.

Gary and his spirits=mark and his tea leaves
Old 26-08-2014, 12:18 PM #113

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People believe all kinds of sh1t and thats a fact, its one of the reasons we have a legal system so that we can use hard evidence to avoid such crap.

There are not too many judgements made on a daily basis that find in favour of gods, ghosts and spirits coz in the real world they dont exist but as i have often said there is no problem believing in anything, just dont expect others to share your views if you bring them to a party.

Lol.. legal system? You mean science, or proof.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 26-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:27 PM #114
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton View Post
Lol.. legal system? You mean science, or proof.
well often science is used in evidence. god apparently can do many things but so far i dont think he has managed to get anyone off in a court "god told me to rob the car.. or it wasnt me that decided to burn down my neighbours house it was the spirit of Lady Di who was having a bad day and made me do it"
Old 26-08-2014, 03:34 PM #115
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell_McCoy View Post
He is entitled to believe in any ridiculous religious hocus pocus he wants to, other people are entitled to piss themselves laughing at how damned foolish it is. I hate James but I have to say he was a paragon of British, PC, anti-scientific virtue for not rolling on the floor pissing himself laughing.
Being 'spiritual' has nothing to do with religion...

I don't believe in God at all, but I do believe in the afterlife/reincarnation.

I have seen 'ghosts' before & I believe that we have been someone else before. When my sister was very young she used to talk about her 'old' house where she used to live & described a Victorian looking house & the clothes that she used to wear. It freaked us out a bit. After a while she didn't even remember she had told us this & to this day thinks we are winding her up when we talk about it...

Lots of other things in my life have happened that are a little spooky or spititual (too many to go into on here) & I did used to be quite skeptical about such things...

You need to open your mind to these things to be able to see them & believe them...
Old 26-08-2014, 03:53 PM #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeneedle View Post
'Soul' is a synonym for 'consciousness' used to help people too afraid to think about what consciousness really is to allow them to assign a term for it, just as the concept of 'God' is used to answer the question of "why are we here" for people who cannot accept the fact that there is no real, proven, answer to that question....it's like the perennial question of "what came before the big bang" and the concept that 'time' is an entirely invented concept by humans because everything is actually happening all at once using certain quantum theories but if you delved into every nuance of life and the universe you would be in a constant state of mental turmoil. Therefore people adopt religion, amongst other things (drugs, alcohol, alien theorists, psychosis) as a coping mechanism for having to live with the unanswered questions about what is "the meaning of life the universe and everything" posed by our logical-thinking intellects. This was, in an oblique satirical dig, the point that Douglas Adams was making when he said the answer was '42'.
A good friend of mine believed that and he took 42 tablets to kill himself ! His name was Goat and he was the only person ever to break his leg whilst playing chess in China > What a wake that was !!!
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 04:07 PM #117
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

The late Professor Ian Stevenson ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson ) did extensive research on reincarnation, investigating about 3000 cases. Whilst his work is controversial, it is the largest and most serious study done on the subject ever (so far as I know).

Last edited by CaudleHalbard; 26-08-2014 at 04:08 PM.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 04:09 PM #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Being 'spiritual' has nothing to do with religion...

I don't believe in God at all, but I do believe in the afterlife/reincarnation.

I have seen 'ghosts' before & I believe that we have been someone else before. When my sister was very young she used to talk about her 'old' house where she used to live & described a Victorian looking house & the clothes that she used to wear. It freaked us out a bit. After a while she didn't even remember she had told us this & to this day thinks we are winding her up when we talk about it...

Lots of other things in my life have happened that are a little spooky or spititual (too many to go into on here) & I did used to be quite skeptical about such things...

You need to open your mind to these things to be able to see them & believe them...
I do so agree, nothing at all to do with religion, each to their own though. There are many hypocrits in all sorts of life and each one thinks that they have the answers. We have to remember that once we reach a goal, do not settle on that state and think we have the answer because we do not. We have part of something greater, something which will be revealed when the time is right for each individual. In the meantime be happy and unafraid.

Once we experiece then it is hard not to believe.
Old 26-08-2014, 04:12 PM #119
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Religion is almost the opposite of spirituality!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 06:11 PM #120

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Religion is almost the opposite of spirituality!
This.

and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
As much as irritates me.. i could sit and listen to his beliefs in spirituality for hours, i find that stuff incredibly fascinating

This.
Pronshi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 06:27 PM #121
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

It's another interesting aspect of him.
Old 26-08-2014, 06:38 PM #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijaxers View Post
I'm not in slightest bit religious - its nothing to do with religion - i find that quite insulting Open your mind
vinboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 08:25 PM #123
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Oh its getting very silly now, fair play to James for keeping a straight face while Gary was talking utter rot about his previous lives ,I wouldn't have been able to do it ,Gary made himself look a fool
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 08:50 PM #124
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

The same legal system where you're asked to swear on your Holy book that you'll tell the truth? Of course, you can choose affirm if you don't believe...

I don't expect people to share my views so I never take my beliefs to a party and like I always say, my faith does not recruit. But I do expect people to grant me the right to my beliefs. I get the distinct impression that Gary isn't trying to recruit anyone either, so his views remain his own.

I am, as always... praying for you Trumpet :-)

Last edited by Livia; 26-08-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:50 PM #125
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Hi Truth, I do so agree with what you are saying but the experiences I am talking about tbh, is the out of body and astral projection. Many find these hard to accept but many of us can say they are definitely truth. Because some do not understand it is easier to just make fun of that person, mind as someone said, if the person is liked he may be treated with tolerance but in the case of Gary, he isnt liked so they just put everything down to him being a doddery old man. He isnt though, he has his own truths and we are all on a pathway to discovery. Many in there wont realise that until they are past it they will have missed out on so much but, that is only my truth and I respect others.
the reason gary isnt liked is because 1) theyre too ignorant and impatient to give him time 2) they lack any empathy compassion understanding 3) they dont want to hear anyone talk about sujects that dont involve them 4) theyre anti american racists like so many english people on this show and most uk reality shows down the years. makes me ashamed to be english
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, spirituality