Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 12-09-2014, 12:57 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Well you didn't say that, you said not embracing him for being a legend can we not change the topic of the conversation.
you need to stop throwing your rattle out of your pram and get a grip!!
mary poppins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:59 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary poppins View Post
you need to stop throwing your rattle out of your pram and get a grip!!
sorry that was meant for The Truth...Sincere apologies
mary poppins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:04 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecakes View Post
Of course they have, her scandalous scumbag lifestyle was all over the media.
Honest I never heard of her and I am wondering what the White stands for. I havent even been bothered to look up her history, she is a horrible person full stop.

On the other hand I have found and admired the many vts Gary has produced with audiences, charity work, chat shows and have loved him immensely.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:08 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
It's embarrassing how obsessed some of you are with Gary.
Why should it be embarrassing for some to love a legend. Who do you love or admire, let us know so that we can see how embarrassing yours is. On the other hand no, you admire who ever you want that is the beauty of free speech and democracy. We really shouldnt knock that which we do not understand.

GARY to win tonight.

Last edited by Jules2; 12-09-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:09 PM #55
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Gary talks constantly about peace, love, truth etc with lots of other wild and interesting stories.

All James and Dee talk about is themselves - or how 'bad' Gary and Audley are.

No competition.

GARY 2 WIN - KEEP VOTING GUYS ! !
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
its disgusting how the producers and big brother encourages and rewards this revolting abusive bully to continue in such a disgusting manner. such a person should be ostracised from society. hes threatened violence upon a frail 70 year old, hes verbally abused him for weeks, all because of his petty vile jealousy. he takes pleasure in hurting and offending people. theres nothing funny about him or his actions at all. please enlighten me whats funny about any of this? about threatening an old man, about controlling and insulting others, hurting the afflicted, showing no real empathy and compassion, encouring others to follow suit, about group bullying. the endless hypocrisy, the double standards, where he shouts at and demeans people outside his group for stuff people in his group get away with. such as showing your ass for a second like george and others. hes the leats funny twat ive ever had the displeasure to witness. i think people in society supporting the likes of james is part of the reason why bullying is condoned and continues in society in schools, in workplaces in hospitals and care homes etc id love to really understand what it is you find funny about any of this?

If this is really what you feel has gone on then I am completely at a loss to understand why you have chosen to watch it. Wouldn't you be setting up campaigns to get BB to stop the program or at least get BB to stop people saying or doing anything that may be unpleasant?

I presume if you were privy to watching what you perceive as bullying outside the house you wouldn't watch it avidly and just complain about how awful society is?

I can't see how if people view this (I know some people say it's unpleasant viewing but then people watch horror films and all sorts, to get repulsed for entertainment) they don't feel complicit in adding to the fact that this is entertainment.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:12 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhog View Post
24 7 would get tiring and there is only so many times you can embrace and respect someone.
That is wrong really you know WH dont we admire and embrace our loved ones, our friends and companions. I know I do mine and I dont know where I would be without them.

I would have a lot of time for Gary.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:22 PM #58

For me I honestly think that they were told about the brain issue, they knew about the deafness and they knew his age. Now had they all just treated him as one of them and worked out the issues with him on equal terms, it would have been a different story. They deemed him as a lesser person than them, someone not worthy of their consideration. Also he is an american so they may think that the programme belongs to them and them alone.

As Gary told them, he left everything behind him when he came into the house, he wanted to be considered as one of them but it wasnt meant to be. Audley has been the most genuine one looking out for him as a friend. James sadly appeared to be helping but then he stirred the pot behind Gary's back, thus making fun of him.

There seem to have been a few chats on equal level lately but it is to late. Were they afraid of his status?
Old 12-09-2014, 01:37 PM #59

I don't think it would have been great viewing to see people fawning over a Hollywood actor for 4 weeks either.

However, it has taught me that I probably won't go to a celebrity agent if I need a carer for myself or one of my family - (as if anyone needed that lesson).
Old 12-09-2014, 02:55 PM #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
I don't think it would have been great viewing to see people fawning over a Hollywood actor for 4 weeks either.

However, it has taught me that I probably won't go to a celebrity agent if I need a carer for myself or one of my family - (as if anyone needed that lesson).
Ah Tip but why would they have had to fawn over an actor tbh. He is a legend in his own right but at the end of the day he isnt any better than any of us, I love him mind you but I do believe in equality. Shouldnt they have just treated him naturally instead of trying to bring him down all the time because they thought he wasnt really all there? This is my point.

Within the clan if one did something wrong they advised they didnt take the mickey so much but with Gary they treated him as a defect, someone lesser than them. We know better and for me age definitely shouldnt come into it but his deafness was obviously the thing which caused a lot of his trouble. Didnt mean to say though that he was/is any lesser a person. As he was told he tried to put things right, the others didnt they are to full of their own importance.

They could have then all shared their stories, we could have been far more entertained and learnt more about all of them. Much of their time has been used in pulling Gary down for their own amusement. One of the worst remarks was saying that he should be in a dog cage, not very nice, though Stephanie and James were higly amused.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:07 PM #61

I see their behaviour as a coping mechanism. Not a moral coping mechanism just a coping mechanism.

It may be shameful, but I don't see anything unnatural in their behaviour - have you seen the nastinesses that humans have indulged world wide throughout history? Particularly when people are on the defensive for whatever reasons?

Maybe it's time for BB producers to try and get a house with minimum nastiness in it, but I suspect that wouldn't work - unless they were genuinely able to create entertaining fun. Hearing their stories for 4 weeks may have entertained you - I think a 15 minute chat show interview of any of them (yes including Gary) would be enough for me and not what I'm looking for particularly in the house.

For me, it's about exposing what people do in that environment - and that includes the unpleasant, rude and ugly. As long as I genuinely don't think anyone is really a victim of something they can't cope with then that's fine. I'm not interested in the winners or loser really, it's the actual process that interests me.

So people don't cope as well as some others might, may not be as nice as we think we would be, could do better etc. etc. that's what makes it interesting for me.

I would however appreciate a little more fun environments so BB should be more up on creating tasks that balance things that are going on. The more negative the environment the more positive the tasks etc.

Last edited by Tip; 12-09-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:26 PM #62

He may be a legend to some, but me and my husband had never heard of him
Anothercat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:29 PM #63

Quote:
its disgusting how the producers and big brother encourages and rewards this revolting abusive bully to continue in such a disgusting manner. such a person should be ostracised from society. hes threatened violence upon a frail 70 year old, hes verbally abused him for weeks, all because of his petty vile jealousy. he takes pleasure in hurting and offending people. theres nothing funny about him or his actions at all. please enlighten me whats funny about any of this? about threatening an old man, about controlling and insulting others, hurting the afflicted, showing no real empathy and compassion, encouring others to follow suit, about group bullying. the endless hypocrisy, the double standards, where he shouts at and demeans people outside his group for stuff people in his group get away with. such as showing your ass for a second like george and others. hes the leats funny twat ive ever had the displeasure to witness. i think people in society supporting the likes of james is part of the reason why bullying is condoned and continues in society in schools, in workplaces in hospitals and care homes etc id love to really understand what it is you find funny about any of this?
There is no hope... I had read some of your posts and thought you were saying it tongue in cheek but it is quite worrying that I now don't think you are:/. Could you just advise how you manage to have so much anger towards people you have never met. How can you know the real extent of what has gone on in the house from watching heavily edited highlights. How do you also explain that , if the highlights had been edited negatively for Gary, they could have chosen to show his rude side, him pushing people out the way and walking around with poo on his hands etc. it's all about the editing and creating an entertainment show.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 PM #64

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasadkel1 View Post
There is no hope... I had read some of your posts and thought you were saying it tongue in cheek but it is quite worrying that I now don't think you are:/. Could you just advise how you manage to have so much anger towards people you have never met. How can you know the real extent of what has gone on in the house from watching heavily edited highlights. How do you also explain that , if the highlights had been edited negatively for Gary, they could have chosen to show his rude side, him pushing people out the way and walking around with poo on his hands etc. it's all about the editing and creating an entertainment show.
I find it rather worrying that you can't see what we are all upset about.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:35 PM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I find it rather worrying that you can't see what we are all upset about.
I find it worrying that people are letting a reality TV show upset them for the reasons I have stated , that no one seems prepared to answer:/.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:35 PM #66
User banned

User banned

Quote:
youre doing the exact same about a man youve never met lol mindless hypocrisy
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:41 PM #67

Quote:
youre doing the exact same about a man youve never met lol mindless hypocrisy
That's the point I am not because I am watching the show for entertainment and support the housemate that has entertained me. I don't vote, it just frustrates me that people are ruining the show by loosing all sense of reality. By the way I have answered your question you have just deflected mine. How can you feel such spite towards someone you don't know and are basing an opinion from watching heavily edited highlights. Just interested because I seriously cannot believe what I read. Its not reality... It's set up situations designed to cause conflict and interest to get good ratings.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:45 PM #68

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
That's the point I am not because I am watching the show for entertainment and support the housemate that has entertained me. I don't vote, it just frustrates me that people are ruining the show by loosing all sense of reality. By the way I have answered your question you have just deflected mine. How can you feel such spite towards someone you don't know and are basing an opinion from watching heavily edited highlights. Just interested because I seriously cannot believe what I read. Its not reality... It's set up situations designed to cause conflict and interest to get good ratings.
I guess if that's your form of entertainment good for you, I hope you never have to suffer on the end of that sort of behaviour. I've also supported who has entertained me most. You know the one who barely allowed to get a word in without being shut down, shouted at and lectured. But hey we still have the honk!

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 12-09-2014, 03:49 PM #69

Quote:
I guess if that's your form of entertainment good for you, I hope you never have to suffer on the end of that sort of behaviour. I've also supported who has entertained me most. You know the one who barely allowed to get a word in without being shut down, shouted at and lectured. But hey we still have the honk!
People love having villains and being outraged - it's very hard to buy that people would bother watching a program if it wasn't entertaining them in some way.

If something truly horrible was going on that they felt truly abhorrent, then I presume that would take action to stop it going on, not sit there watching it and deciding to vote something or other at the end of it all.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:54 PM #70

Quote:
This is how we see things differently though. I see a man who is not a frail, brain damaged person who needs to be handled with kid gloves. Let's be honest he would not be in there if that was the case.

I see a very strong willed man who doesn't listen to what others have to say because he is only interested in himself. I think he knows exactly what he is doing and instigates situations to annoy people and then stands back and plays the victim. It is pretty obvious from the comments made by evicted housemates that he is not easy to cope with.

Like I have said the producers could have chosen to show him in a bad way if they had wanted but I would imagine the fact that he is a Hollywood "legend" and they have paid him lots of money they wanted their money's worth

That's why different people make their opinions on people. Doesn't make anyone's wrong anyone's right. That's the idea of the show. Without live feed it is now like characters in a soap.

Last edited by Trasadkel1; 12-09-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:58 PM #71

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
This is how we see things differently though. I see a man who is not a frail, brain damaged person who needs to be handled with kid gloves. Let's be honest he would not be in there if that was the case.

I see a very strong willed man who doesn't listen to what others have to say because he is only interested in himself. I think he knows exactly what he is doing and instigates situations to annoy people and then stands back and plays the victim. It is pretty obvious from the comments made by evicted housemates that he is not easy to cope with.

Like I have said the producers could have chosen to show him in a bad way if they had wanted but I would imagine the fact that he is a Hollywood "legend" and they have paid him lots of money they wanted their money's worth.
This is where you don't get it. I don't see a weak man either. We aren't the sum total of someone else's behaviour towards us, that doesn't mean that that behaviour is acceptable.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 12-09-2014, 04:01 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary poppins View Post
Christ it's only Gary busey..he made a few good films..so what? He's still obnoxious!
I know! I prefer the macdonalds chicken legend, James to win
NT30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:04 PM #73
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecakes View Post
Dee rolling her eyes when Gary started singing in the diary room, she really is a vile pig, hope she gets her comeuppence.
What scum. Kick her out
Old 12-09-2014, 04:06 PM #74

Quote:
This is where you don't get it. I don't see a weak man either. We aren't the sum total of someone else's behaviour towards us, that doesn't mean that that behaviour is acceptable.
I haven't excused bad behaviour however some of the posts on here are nasty and vindictive towards housemates with no real evidence as to the real circumstances that has gone on to cause them. When live feed existed we could get to know the real people. Now we base our assumptions on what Channel 5 choose to show us. My argument is how the hell can people develop such hatred for people when anyone could be edited to look bad if they cared to do it. It is being ruined by the PC brigade who cannot distinguish real life from reality in my opinion. These type of people are the ones that send abuse to actors that portray evil soap star characters:/.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:07 PM #75

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Quote:
I haven't excused bad behaviour however some of the posts on here are nasty and vindictive towards housemates with no real evidence as to the real circumstances that has gone on to cause them. When live feed existed we could get to know the real people. Now we base our assumptions on what Channel 5 choose to show us. My argument is how the hell can people develop such hatred for people when anyone could be edited to look bad if they cared to do it. It is being ruined by the PC brigade who cannot distinguish real life from reality in my opinion. These type of people are the ones that send abuse to actors that portray evil soap star characters:/.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
embracing, hm, legend, shame