Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:59 PM #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Your logic is not something that our current science has yet been able to solve

Kaz has a hell of a lot more logic than you LT - IMHO.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:06 PM #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
If the humans on this second Earth are in advance of us, what makes you think that they don't already know about us, have been observing us. And if they have, then what makes you think they'd want to know us? We can't even get on with each other on this planet.

Its Not just me
we have a Agency
in USA and UK
and they would pick up the signal
if any are looking in on us.

It may be in advance or a bit behind us
we will find out.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:49 PM #153

They would pick up a signal?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:18 PM #154
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
And NO proof Arista,so if the comets did this by smashing into earth,surely other planets would be equally inhabited by us humans?
Therein lies another queston Kazanne, science can have its own interpetration of what happened which really is still not proven just as creationists can argue there is more to life than just an accident.

Even evolutionists who go on and on about how we and other life evolved,well, fine, however for something to evolve it must first exist.
How did that come about too. The big bang, what is the big bang, what made the big bang happen and why has it not again if it happened by accident.

Again questions get thrown up, it is a fascinating topic and when approached by open minds as to what may have happened as to life being created.
Many other doors then are opened and the fact is no one really knows and certainly not scientists, who regularly dispute what other scientists say anyway a lot of the time.

Back to the lady in the op, I have always said, I keep an open mind on these issues from things I have heard from others and also some things I have come across that just cannot be explained away.
This lady, must have known she would face ridicule for what she was saying but never-the-less said it.

I couldn't say she was making it up or confused for sure,just as I couldn't say she was right in what she was saying either.
However what I will add is that she was in danger and scared for her life it appears, in times like that, the human survival instinct takes over and we generally make the best and stronger decisions to survive.
We are far more alert,so imagination is not necessarily a factor probably either.

The instant thing is to dismiss people who say things like this as cranks or out of their minds,I am not so sure and as I say I keep an open mind on such things.
The simple fact is possibly we as humans really don't know very much at all and are 'maybe' scared a bit too to seek to learn too much on such matters.
Fascinating topic this is however.

Last edited by joeysteele; 12-11-2014 at 11:11 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 PM #155

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Therein lies another queston Kazanne, science can have its own interpetration of what happened which really is still not proven just as creationists can argue there is more to life than just an accident.

Even evolutionists who go on and on about how we and other life evolved,well, fine, however for something to evolve it must first exist.
How did that come about too. The big bang, what is the big bang, what made the big bang ahppen and why has it not again if it happened by accident.

Again questions get thrown up, it is a fascinating topic and when approached by open minds as to what may have happened as to life being created.
Many other doors then are opened and the fact is no one really knows and certainly not scientists, who regularly dispute what other scientists say anyway a lot of the time.

Back to the lady in the op, I have always said, I keep an open mind on these issues from things I have heard from others and also some things I have come across that just cannot be explained away.
This lady, must have known she would face ridicule for what she was saying but never-the-less said it.

I couldn't say she was making it up or confused for sure,just as I couldn't say she was right in what she was saying either.
However what I will add is that she was in danger and scared for her life it appears, in times like that, the human survival instinct takes over and we generally make the best and stronger decisions to survive.
We are far more alert,so imagination is not necessarily a factor probably either.

The instant thing is to dismiss people who say things like this as cranks or out of their minds,I am not so sure and as I say I keep an open mind on such things.
The simple fact is possibly we as humans really don't know very much at all and are 'maybe' scared a bit too to seek to learn too much on such matters.
Exactly,Good post.I am more a believer in what science can try to find out and teach us.However science so far can only tell us very little.I don't believe any of the supernatural side or the 'miracles' of the religious texts.Many religions like those of the Ancient Egyptians
,Greeks and Romans that came long before Judaism,Christianity or Islam have now died out long ago and i
believe these modern religions are facing the same decline now.So when religion is gone,What are we left with?Just the ongoing pursuit of understanding the origins of the universe using what little facts we can gather.
When faced with questions about what caused the big bang and what was there before,Then i can only agree with your post and say 'I don't know'.It is the only truly honest answer that anyone on this planet can give.I have an open mind though and am always willing to learn and consider all options.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:00 PM #156

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And NO proof Arista,so if the comets did this by smashing into earth,surely other planets would be equally inhabited by us humans?
Not necessarily humans but possibly life.It is imo more probable that there is life on other planets than not due to the unthinkable amount of stars in the universe,We cannot even explore our next nearest star,Nevermind get anywhere near the edge of our galaxy,Let alone get to another galaxy.Depending on location to there nearest star and conditions and if a comet/s did have an impact on the beginning of life on Earth,Even just due to the energy created,Then,Who's to say that it has'nt happened billions of times over around the universe?

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 12-11-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 PM #157

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes they Used to
its now less and less.

Feel The Force
Yes Arista and just look at the state of the world now.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 01:54 AM #158
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's a shame the human race can't have faith in each other isn't it?

'And crawling on the planets face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space
And meaning.'

Last edited by Kizzy; 13-11-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 05:44 AM #159

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post

How did that come about too. The big bang, what is the big bang, what made the big bang happen and why has it not again if it happened by accident.

Another cracking, balanced post Joey.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 07:18 AM #160
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

I just read the first post as I don't have time to go through the thread, anyway the whole jesus thing is a load of mumbo jumbo. Harrowing though her story is, seeing his face is nonsense, she didn't see him, only an image someone created to represent him. So she actual saw a drawing of jesus.

If you already believe in jesus before reading the story, then fine, it reinforces your beliefs. But if you look at the story just as it it, without religious tinted glasses, it's proof of nothing. She is the one who found the inner strength to continue. I believe in such desperate times, people will cling to anything rather than accept how truly random and lawless this world is, that's what frightens people into religion.

Where were the visions of jesus for all of the others who have survived abductions?
Old 13-11-2014, 07:52 AM #161
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
I just read the first post as I don't have time to go through the thread, anyway the whole jesus thing is a load of mumbo jumbo. Harrowing though her story is, seeing his face is nonsense, she didn't see him, only an image someone created to represent him. So she actual saw a drawing of jesus.

If you already believe in jesus before reading the story, then fine, it reinforces your beliefs. But if you look at the story just as it it, without religious tinted glasses, it's proof of nothing. She is the one who found the inner strength to continue. I believe in such desperate times, people will cling to anything rather than accept how truly random and lawless this world is, that's what frightens people into religion.

Where were the visions of jesus for all of the others who have survived abductions?
Its what 99% of posters have said and there is little more to be added

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 08:01 AM #162

Well said LT & GG
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 10:50 AM #163

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Actually there is more evidence of extra terrestrial life than there is of God, although to be honest any form of alien life could be perceived as a God.

If you do a bit of research you will find hundreds of thousands of cases of reported sightings of unidentified craft, taken together with credible witness reports from Military personnel and as a large proportion of these sightings are captured on photographs, film and video together with radar sightings and anomalous physical data, this constitutes way more evidence than simply

I believe therefore it's real...????

Maybe we were actually created by an advanced Alien life form millions of years ago.

Simple fact is we haven't got a bloody clue who we are or where we came from and what our purpose is.....

Old 13-11-2014, 10:53 AM #164
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Actually there is more evidence of extra terrestrial life than there is of God, although to be honest any form of alien life could be perceived as a God.

If you do a bit of research you will find hundreds of thousands of cases of reported sightings of unidentified craft, taken together with credible witness reports from Military personnel and as a large proportion of these sightings are captured on photographs, film and video together with radar sightings and anomalous physical data, this constitutes way more evidence than simply

Maybe we were actually created by an advanced Alien life form millions of years ago.

Simple fact is we haven't got a bloody clue who we are or where we came from and what our purpose is.....

Yep, that's exactly it. Maybe there is a "God" who created us? Or Gods ie Aliens, no one knows, no one will ever know imo I certainly don't put my belief in some book written such a longtime ago by people..other human beings just like me and you, not a hope in hell (pardon the pun)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 11:17 AM #165
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post

That is not true

we have a very good idea how the universe was created and how with time, gravity and chemistry suns and planets are formed and cool and die and are reformed. This comet may explain why we have water on earth and that would be a huge breakthrough

we know how life started and evolved on earth

but to look for purpose is just leading down a blind alleyway we are the result of time and chance
Old 13-11-2014, 11:26 AM #166
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is not true

we have a very good idea how the universe was created and how with time, gravity and chemistry suns and planets are formed and cool and die and are reformed. This comet may explain why we have water on earth and that would be a huge breakthrough

we know how

but to look for purpose is just leading down a blind alleyway we are the result of time and chance
Well it is really, we might know how life started and evolved on earth but where did the stuff that made that possible come from etc etc etc you could go back and back and back and probably never get to the end

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 13-11-2014, 11:31 AM #167
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Well it is really, we might know how life started and evolved on earth but where did the stuff that made that possible come from etc etc etc you could go back and back and back and probably never get to the end
Well we have gotten 13 billion years back now to the big bang when all the elements for life and the known universe was created.

and if you want to know how you can get a universe from nothing then i recommend this amazing book by Lawrence M. Krauss

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universe-Not.../dp/1471112683

This book explains why not only can something arise from nothing, but something will always arise from nothing. !
Old 13-11-2014, 11:33 AM #168
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well we have gotten 13 billion years back now to the big bang when all the elements for life and the known universe was created.

and if you want to know how you can get a universe from nothing then i recommend this amazing book by Lawrence M. Krauss

This book explains why not only can something arise from nothing, but something will always arise from nothing. !
I think my brain might explode if I tried reading that LT

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 13-11-2014, 11:41 AM #169
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I think my brain might explode if I tried reading that LT
Its a tough read as I recall but a rewarding one - you can see Krauss on youtube, he does great lectures

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 13-11-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 13-11-2014, 11:42 AM #170
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rauss+lawrence

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 13-11-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 13-11-2014, 11:45 AM #171
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Its a tough read as I recall but a rewarding one - you can see Krauss on youtube, he does great lectures
I went to see Interstellar last night and I couldn't even follow that lol 5th dimensions and black holes arrghh

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 13-11-2014, 11:47 AM #172

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

It's just a book though,as is The Bible,I suppose it depends on which one we read and believe.That something can arise from nothing seems as airy fairy as you say The Bible is.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 12:44 PM #173
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
It's just a book though,as is The Bible,I suppose it depends on which one we read and believe.That something can arise from nothing seems as airy fairy as you say The Bible is.
One is a book that has current peer reviewed cutting edge scientific theory and knowledge and one is a collection of myth, poetry and tales from 2000 years ago

I am going to say they are not comparable

Its like saying the earth is the same as the sun as both are round
Old 13-11-2014, 12:59 PM #174
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
One is a book that has current peer reviewed cutting edge scientific theory and knowledge and one is a collection of myth, poetry and tales from 2000 years ago

I am going to say they are not comparable

Its like saying the earth is the same as the sun as both are round
I don't know anyone who is religious who spends more time talking about and thinking about God than you do. You're obsessed. If I found myself spending as much time trying to rubbish your theories as you spend trying to rubbish religion, I would take some time off and get some talking therapy.

Last edited by Livia; 13-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 01:05 PM #175
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
I don't know anyone who is religious who spends more time talking about and thinking about God than you do. You're obsessed. If I found myself spending as much time trying to rubbish your theories as you spend trying to rubbish religion, I would take some time off and get some talking therapy.
Not my thread and I am talking about science, Kaz is talking about old religious books

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jesus, vision