Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

View Poll Results: Hazel Vs Gina
Hazel 24 46.15%
Hazel
24 46.15%
Gina 28 53.85%
Gina
28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
With regards to who I personally prefer, Hazel >>

Gina peaked by the second week, and slowly became some bitter, nasty and bitchy caricature of herself who was no longer funny to watch and provided nothing but negativity. The way she treated Hazel was beyond catty and even sexist (another case of the woman being labelled the 'homewrecker' whilst the male gets off with half as much). Nothing endearing about the woman at all for me.
Whilst I see what you're saying Jake, I think in Hazel's case whilst sexism as a whole definitely plays a role in her being the one who seemed to get all the blame for it, the 'homewrecker' accusation was fair. With Hazel, whilst it was fascinating for me to watch, you could tell she would strongly flirt with Daley, despite very well knowing he had a a girlfriend. To me, that is deliberately trying to 'homewreck', if you will. That being said, the bigger issue was that Daley wasn't given any of the blame for it, when ultimately, he was the one who was committed to someone, not Hazel. So I guess what i'm getting at is that whilst the constant targeting of Hazel and only Hazel very much showed deeper roots of sexism, the 'homewrecker' label itself was somewhat justified.

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):

Gina ha a load of entertainin momens such as the feud with Sllie, Jemima, her arguing with Jackie and her kookyness. Yes she was nasty to Hazel, but she brought more than negativity.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 PM #53

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_ View Post
I think it would be summed up well to say Hazel was a better person but Gina was a better housemate.
See to me, Gina was a better person but Hazel was a better housemate

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 PM #54
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Whilst I see what you're saying Jake, I think in Hazel's case whilst sexism as a whole definitely plays a role in her being the one who seemed to get all the blame for it, the 'homewrecker' accusation was fair. With Hazel, whilst it was fascinating for me to watch, you could tell she would strongly flirt with Daley, despite very well knowing he had a a girlfriend. To me, that is deliberately trying to 'homewreck', if you will. That being said, the bigger issue was that Daley wasn't given any of the blame for it, when ultimately, he was the one who was committed to someone, not Hazel. So I guess what i'm getting at is that whilst the constant targeting of Hazel and only Hazel very much showed deeper roots of sexism, the 'homewrecker' label itself was somewhat justified.
This.

It really annoyed me Daley got hardly any blame, when it takes two to tango

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:17 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I completely disagreee - Hazel was told by Daley he was going to spilt up with her and he was coming on strong - Daley lied and led Hazel to feel free to flirt. Hazel was not even nasty, a lovely girl who did nothing wrong
Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 PM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I completely disagreee - Hazel was told by Daley he was going to spilt up with her and he was coming on strong - Daley lied and led Hazel to feel free to flirt. Hazel was not even nasty, a lovely girl who did nothing wrong to be hones
Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 PM #57
-

-

Quote:
I do understand what you're saying, but it always takes two to tango and the most Daley got from Gina (as if it was ever any of her business anyway) was 'you really need to stop' whilst Hazel had a good 3-4 weeks of pure drivel. I don't agree with somebody coming inbetween a couple in any circumstance, but as you've pointed out, for only the female (and the person who was single) to take on the full responsibility is completely unfair and sexist. Gina was just a jelous person who used this as an excuse to get back at a much more attractive female who didn't look like a man in drag 24/7.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:21 PM #58

He also changed his story a few times during the first few weeks.

From girlfriend, to ex girlfriend, to someone he was just dating but they weren't official.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:21 PM #59

Quote:
I do understand what you're saying, but it always takes two to tango and the most Daley got from Gina (as if it was ever any of her business anyway) was 'you really need to stop' whilst Hazel had a good 3-4 weeks of pure drivel. I don't agree with somebody coming inbetween a couple in any circumstance, but as you've pointed out, for only the female (and the person who was single) to take on the full responsibility is completely unfair and sexist. Gina was just a jelous person who used this as an excuse to get back at a much more attractive female who didn't look like a man in drag 24/7.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I completely disagreee - Hazel was told by Daley he was going to spilt up with her and he was coming on strong - Daley lied and led Hazel to feel free to flirt. Hazel was not even nasty, a lovely girl who did nothing wrong
From what I remember Daley said to Hazel first "I like you" but never said he would actually break up with his girlfriend, although he may have insinuated it with the way he behaved. Hazel is in my top 10 housemates of all time, so i'd never say she was nasty but ultimately the right thing to do would've been to not engage in flirting with Daley until he actually had broken up with his girlfriend. By doing so, in particular always asking Daley for 'a hug' when it was clearly putting him in an uncomfortable situation, showed homewrecking-esque behavior to me.

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 PM #61
-

-

Quote:
Gina ha a load of entertainin momens such as the feud with Sllie, Jemima, her arguing with Jackie and her kookyness. Yes she was nasty to Hazel, but she brought more than negativity.
Literally only found those two of entertainment value, and even then to unfairly brand somebody as a racist was pretty disgusting.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:23 PM #62
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
He also changed his story a few times during the first few weeks.

From girlfriend, to ex girlfriend, to someone he was just dating but they weren't official.
I was about to post this. He said one thing one moment and then another the next.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:23 PM #63
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Literally only found those two of entertainment value, and even then to unfairly brand somebody as a racist was pretty disgusting.
this tbh

Spoiler:

Old 04-01-2015, 09:24 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

To say "you probably would not date a white guy" was not the best of things to say
Old 04-01-2015, 09:24 PM #65

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Yeah, that was beyond low and totally out of order, the fact that Jemima actually got a warning because of it as well was just astonishing.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely. And it's evident -- e.g. When Siavash was hooking up with Noirin or Steven with Kimberly, neither got any hard time at all which is totally unjust and unfortunately it all stems from society deeming certain things unacceptable for women that are apparently acceptable for men

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM #67
-

-

Quote:
To say "you probably would not date a white guy" was not the best of things to say
Being backed in a corner after being accused of potential racism is going to catch you on your feet.. She shouldn't have said it but didn't mean it in a harmful way.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM #68
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

I wish Hazel wasn't shameless enough to appear on like the second episode of BOTS for BB15 after Channel 5 released a statement that she was to blame for Daley nearly raping her.

I think ultimately for me, Hazel sounds great on paper but she's not all that good at being Hazel.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 04-01-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

All this discussion just reminds me how phenomenal BB14 was

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I agree with that. (To Jake)

Last edited by Daniel.; 04-01-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM #71
-

-

Quote:
Absolutely. And it's evident -- e.g. When Siavash was hooking up with Noirin or Steven with Kimberly, neither got any hard time at all which is totally unjust and unfortunately it all stems from society deeming certain things unacceptable for women that are apparently acceptable for men
Ergh the whole Marcus/Siavash situation with Noirin The fact that she was made to look like some nasty villian because she wasn't sexually attracted to a man with the tendencies of a skunk.

Last edited by Jake.; 04-01-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It was average
Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 PM #73
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
the best series channel 5 did
doubt any other big brother in the future will match it

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 04-01-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:27 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Big Brother 13 is better than Big Brother 14
Old 04-01-2015, 09:28 PM #75

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ergh the whole Marcus/Siavash situation with Noirin The fact that she was made to look like some nasty villian because she wasn't sexually attracted to a man with the tendencies of a skunk.
Not to mention the fact that Siavash had a girlfriend and he was cheating on her, but uh it was okay because he was male and was popular with the public

The Thorn Cottage Crew

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gina, hazel