Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 12-12-2015, 09:37 PM #1

Default Highly emotional few days

This is really deep and I'm sorry, but I don't know what it is, I've just had a very bad few days and it's scaring me a little bit.

It started on Thursday. I got home from work and I was really exhausted, but I just wasn't in the mood to sleep so I cleaned the house. This is strange because when I'm as tired as I was I can usually just drift off but, as weird as it sounds, I just didn't have the energy to sleep. Another strange thing is that I'm always singing wherever I go and I listen to music in the shower and usually sing along, but I didn't that night, I just let the music play and spent more time staring into darkness than actually washing!

Friday was a bit different. I found that I was very irritable throughout the day, especially towards my friends which I felt so bad about once I got home and called them to apologise. My Saturday night has consisted of me watching sad films and listening to sad music.

I know this isn't normal and it's just so out of character for me, the worst thing is that I don't know what has caused this so I just don't know what to do. I was wondering if any of you have felt like this before, when you're just emotional for no particular reason.

Last edited by Ashley.; 12-12-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:41 PM #2
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Take a laxative. That usually works for me.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:41 PM #3
The Glennanator

Favourites (more):
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi
The Glennanator

Favourites (more):
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

This happens to me a lot I will also be so happy for like 5 seconds for no reason then it just slowly fades away.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:46 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLENN BILL BB7 View Post
This happens to me a lot I will also be so happy for like 5 seconds for no reason then it just slowly fades away.
I really don't understand it.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:50 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

Do you know what Ashley, it's completely normal to have highs and lows, especially when special times come around like birthdays/anniversaries/christmas, don't deny yourself these feelings, accept them and try to understand why you feel the way you do, has something happened? Is there something missing? Is it a particularly difficult time of the year? Once you discover why it is you feel sad you can then deal with it, maybe you're more of a spring/summer person, my advice is that if you still feel bummed out by the middle of next week, maybe talk to someone who knows you, your parents/ friends/doctor, or maybe try St Johns Wort (they really do work) It's ok to feel sad, but if it starts to affect your everyday life you need to get that extra help, and don't be afraid to ask for it

Last edited by rubymoo; 12-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:57 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
Do you know what Ashley, it's completely normal to have highs and lows, especially when special times come around like birthdays/anniversaries/christmas, don't deny yourself these feelings, accept them and try to understand why you feel the way you do, has something happened? Is there something missing? Is a particularly difficult time of the year? Once you discover why it is you feel sad you can then deal with it, maybe you're more of a spring/summer person, my advice is that if you still feel bummed out by the middle of next week, maybe talk to someone who knows you, your parents/ friends/doctor, or maybe try St Johns Wort (they really do work) It's ok to feel sad, but if it starts to affect your everyday life you need to get that extra help, and don't be afraid to ask for it
I really just can't think back to why I feel like this, it's really bothering me, because I feel like I should be happy, and I just feel a little selfish! Thank you for your kind words Ruby, they are very appreciated! It's nice to have some reassurance in times like this. I'll see how I feel in the morning. Thank you again!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:00 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

You're welcome Ashley, and you're not being selfish, it's impossible to feel happy all the time, allow yourself to feel bummed out and as you said, see how you feel in the morning
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 PM #8
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

This sounds like me a day or so before I come on, I'm exhausted and horrible to pretty much everyone...are you due on?

Last edited by Amy Jade; 12-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:04 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
Do you know what Ashley, it's completely normal to have highs and lows, especially when special times come around like birthdays/anniversaries/christmas, don't deny yourself these feelings, accept them and try to understand why you feel the way you do, has something happened? Is there something missing? Is it a particularly difficult time of the year? Once you discover why it is you feel sad you can then deal with it, maybe you're more of a spring/summer person, my advice is that if you still feel bummed out by the middle of next week, maybe talk to someone who knows you, your parents/ friends/doctor, or maybe try St Johns Wort (they really do work) It's ok to feel sad, but if it starts to affect your everyday life you need to get that extra help, and don't be afraid to ask for it
I think 5HTP are much better than St johns Wort, I swapped and wouldn't go back
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:09 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Xmas View Post
This sounds like me a day or so before I come on, I'm exhausted and horrible to pretty much everyone...are you due on?
That would make sense but I shouldn't be for at least a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Ashley.; 12-12-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:28 PM #11
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:

<\3 hon, has anything happened like have you got any sad or depressing thoughts in your head?

Last edited by Samm; 12-12-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:34 PM #12
we

Favourites:

we

Favourites:

and is your zodiac sign a cancer like mine? They get highly emosh for no reason and down sometimes <\3
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 06:40 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley in Wonderland View Post
This is really deep and I'm sorry, but I don't know what it is, I've just had a very bad few days and it's scaring me a little bit.

It started on Thursday. I got home from work and I was really exhausted, but I just wasn't in the mood to sleep so I cleaned the house. This is strange because when I'm as tired as I was I can usually just drift off but, as weird as it sounds, I just didn't have the energy to sleep. Another strange thing is that I'm always singing wherever I go and I listen to music in the shower and usually sing along, but I didn't that night, I just let the music play and spent more time staring into darkness than actually washing!

Friday was a bit different. I found that I was very irritable throughout the day, especially towards my friends which I felt so bad about once I got home and called them to apologise. My Saturday night has consisted of me watching sad films and listening to sad music.

I know this isn't normal and it's just so out of character for me, the worst thing is that I don't know what has caused this so I just don't know what to do. I was wondering if any of you have felt like this before, when you're just emotional for no particular reason.

..I don't know, I think it is normal, Ashley...it's a bust time of year and stressful time for all of us, so much to do and to think about etc...on Thursday you were exhausted and when you got home, instead of switching off/chilling etc...you started to clean and busy yourself..?..which sounds as though you're finding it hard to switch off, too much to do and your head whirling around with it all...even if it's more sub-conscious and less conscious thoughts...and then on Friday you were irritable..?..well, you hadn't switched off and you hadn't rested your little head, so full of so much stuff so that would make you irritable...?...

...I know it's easy to say, but I would try not to worry about it, not to think about it or analyse it because that will just cause stress on stress and more layers of stress, you know..?..just go with it, your emotions are obviously on the surface and need to be released so just allow them to be because it'll release some of those stress levels as well that need to go...things like making a tick list of things you need to do will help as well..(us girls love our tick lists..)..but seeing things and seeing 'stresses' ticked off, all helps...

...maybe some of it's hormonal, it could be that even though it's not due, it's going to give you a bit of an extended play this time because it's a busy time and that can happen as well, stress/over tiredness etc can knock these things off balance, which is also why I just wouldn't worry, or try not to...don't think that it's not normal to feel exhausted/over exhausted, emotional, stressed etc at the time of year because stress is all around us and a bit contagious ..the queues etc everywhere you go...I think you'll be right young lady, you just need a bit of a break because I think that you sound generally exhausted and not your usual singing and dancing self...but if you don't worry and don't over-think of it, that singing and dancing will come back soon......(try to get some chill time and you time today..)...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 06:59 AM #14

Just be careful with St Johns Wort if you're on the pill (it can stop it working).

Hope you feel back to yourself soon
Old 13-12-2015, 07:43 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyChique View Post
<\3 hon, has anything happened like have you got any sad or depressing thoughts in your head?
and is your zodiac sign a cancer like mine? They get highly emosh for no reason and down sometimes <\3
Not that I can recall Yeah I'm Cancer, but I find it difficult to believe all that astronomy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I don't know, I think it is normal, Ashley...it's a bust time of year and stressful time for all of us, so much to do and to think about etc...on Thursday you were exhausted and when you got home, instead of switching off/chilling etc...you started to clean and busy yourself..?..which sounds as though you're finding it hard to switch off, too much to do and your head whirling around with it all...even if it's more sub-conscious and less conscious thoughts...and then on Friday you were irritable..?..well, you hadn't switched off and you hadn't rested your little head, so full of so much stuff so that would make you irritable...?...

...I know it's easy to say, but I would try not to worry about it, not to think about it or analyse it because that will just cause stress on stress and more layers of stress, you know..?..just go with it, your emotions are obviously on the surface and need to be released so just allow them to be because it'll release some of those stress levels as well that need to go...things like making a tick list of things you need to do will help as well..(us girls love our tick lists..)..but seeing things and seeing 'stresses' ticked off, all helps...

...maybe some of it's hormonal, it could be that even though it's not due, it's going to give you a bit of an extended play this time because it's a busy time and that can happen as well, stress/over tiredness etc can knock these things off balance, which is also why I just wouldn't worry, or try not to...don't think that it's not normal to feel exhausted/over exhausted, emotional, stressed etc at the time of year because stress is all around us and a bit contagious ..the queues etc everywhere you go...I think you'll be right young lady, you just need a bit of a break because I think that you sound generally exhausted and not your usual singing and dancing self...but if you don't worry and don't over-think of it, that singing and dancing will come back soon......(try to get some chill time and you time today..)...
Yeah, I'm really just trying to ignore it, I'm back at work tomorrow and I think that would be good to have my mind taken off it. The tick list is a good idea! I really hope I'm back to normal soon. I've got a chilled out day today so maybe I'll get a bit more rest. Thank you Ammi, I really appreciate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Just be careful with St Johns Wort if you're on the pill (it can stop it working).

Hope you feel back to yourself soon
Thank you

Last edited by Ashley.; 13-12-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 13-12-2015, 09:49 AM #16
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Ashley I don't know what it's like where you are but the constant rain is really not helping with my mood, I find exercise helps, a combination of jogging and walking maybe just to blow off stress

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 10:21 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas View Post
Ashley I don't know what it's like where you are but the constant rain is really not helping with my mood, I find exercise helps, a combination of jogging and walking maybe just to blow off stress
I think I'll go for a jog or a leisurely stroll tonight because I don't want to be like this for work tomorrow morning. The weather has been generally alright, mostly sunny days since late July.
Old 13-12-2015, 10:25 AM #18
Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

I hope your OK Ashley I've experienced this before and it's awful

Spoiler:

EspeonBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 10:27 AM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasherleyne View Post
I hope your OK Ashley I've experienced this before and it's awful
Thank you! I'm feeling a bit better than I was, I think I just need to chill out and stop getting so stressed. It's awful isn't it when it comes, no word of a warning either

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
days, emotional, highly