Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:27 PM #51
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
i think he only spoke out because there have been some nudes leaked
He is still not obliged to say anything publically, take it to the police it's a criminal matter now
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:28 PM #52
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
why do him and that swimmer berk always try and say they are bi when as smithy says it fecking obvious he is one big Gay?

Is it to soften the landing?
There's already an openly gay one in Union J, I'd imagine it's pressure from management so they're still marketable to teen girls; and also fear of backlash. It's always such a coward's way out to say you're bisexual if you're gay, it's demeaning to people who are actually bisexual because of the amount of disbelief and scorn they're met with.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM #53
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I want to see the nudes
Perch tumblr

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:31 PM #54
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Perch tumblr
You got a link?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:31 PM #55
Z

Z

Also @everyone harping on about him not coming out as bisexual - it's what he didn't say that sticks out more than what he did say, he's obviously still not comfortable talking about it and surely only did this because naked pictures of him leaked online and he felt he had to address it. I'd imagine we'll get a more conclusive comment from him by the end of the year when he realises that it's not a big deal and he can label himself if he wants to, his video just came across as 'I've been caught red handed and I don't want to admit it publicly even though I was happy enough to send myself naked to guys online'...
Old 03-02-2016, 01:34 PM #56
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
Also @everyone harping on about him not coming out as bisexual - it's what he didn't say that sticks out more than what he did say, he's obviously still not comfortable talking about it and surely only did this because naked pictures of him leaked online and he felt he had to address it. I'd imagine we'll get a more conclusive comment from him by the end of the year when he realises that it's not a big deal and he can label himself if he wants to, his video just came across as 'I've been caught red handed and I don't want to admit it publicly even though I was happy enough to send myself naked to guys online'...

As a Celebrity still locked in the closet the last thing you would do is send full nudes to guys you don't know

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:41 PM #57
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post

As a Celebrity still locked in the closet the last thing you would do is send full nudes to guys you don't know
Honestly it's not a big deal, he's not the first person to send a naked picture of himself and he won't be the last to be caught doing it; it's a shame it happened to him but the main positive is that he can now be himself in public where he obviously felt constricted before, I don't know why he felt he had to try and lie or talk around it in the video when he could have just gotten the point and ceased the endless questioning but perhaps it was management pressure, perhaps it was part of the plan so he can spin some media coverage out of it, or perhaps it was just plain fear. I don't know.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:04 PM #58
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
If he truly doesn't t want to be labelled he should keep his mouth shut, it's nobodies business what he does sexually as long as it is with consenting adults, sticks and stones and all that
People always say this but until if and when the day occurs where we don't live in a heteronormative society whereby you are presumed straight unless you say otherwise, it will have to continue. You are right, 'coming out' shouldn't have to a be thing, but it will be until people stop presuming they know people's sexuality without inquiring first

Perhaps a celebrity should just try stepping out in public with someone of the same sex that they're in a relationship with and see how the media reacts. That's how it should be, you just bring home your partner of whatever gender to your parents and they don't make a fuss over it, but unfortunately we've not yet reached that stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
The point is that it is no one else's place other than one's own to define their sexuality. You (as in collectively, not you, Z) do not 'know' anything, you are just assuming. And more to the point, even if all of that is the case, it does not take away from the fact that some people do not wish to categorise their sexuality - nor, most of the time, is there any need to - and the media's insistence on point blank ignoring someone's wishes of disliking categorisation only fuels this outdated belief that sexuality has to be placed into certain check boxes, you are either this or that, a ridiculously stupid binary. It must stop.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:40 PM #59
Namaste

Namaste

The title isn't exactly accurate. He made it clear that he could end up dating a male or a female in the future, he hasn't specifically come out as gay. Bisexual and gay are two separate things.

As for the "it's obvious he's gay" comments, they were as predictacle as they are offensive. It'd be nice if people eventually stop casting judgements based on nothing but stereotypes one day.

Last edited by Lostie!; 03-02-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:57 PM #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
The title isn't exactly accurate. He made it clear that he could end up dating a male or a female in the future, he hasn't specifically come out as gay. Bisexual and gay are two separate things.

As for the "it's obvious he's gay" comments, they were as predictacle as they are offensive. It'd be nice if people eventually stop casting judgements based on nothing but stereotypes one day.

Thats 100% Smithys Fault
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:59 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Bc he's a raving homo obv

His words
after I asked him to correct his title.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:00 PM #62
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Thats 100% Smithys Fault
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:00 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
why do him and that swimmer berk always try and say they are bi when as smithy says it fecking obvious he is one big Gay?

Is it to soften the landing?
Yep. The new trend is ultimate special snowflake status in #6 easy steps:

Step #1 - Come out as not having a label
Step #2 - Come out as pansexual*/ omnisexual/ polysexual
Step #3 - Come out as genderfluid/ gender fluid/ agender etc (spout some stuff about non binary gender bla bla)
Step #4 - Come out as bisexual
Step #5 - Come out as homoflexible
Step #6 - Come out as gay

Now doubt all the 17 year old vegan green hair piereced nosed poor tatood tumblr lasses will pur adoringly and condemn all of us who yawn and say " we already knew you were gay".by calling you cishet scum etc

* Now that Miley Cirus has ended her rebellious phase and is back with boyfriend Liam Hemsworth she will quietly drop her pansexual label won't she!!?!

Last edited by alex_front2; 03-02-2016 at 03:09 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:03 PM #64
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh god here we go

Let's just close the thread here shall we, I think we all know the news now...
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:11 PM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
People always say this but until if and when the day occurs where we don't live in a heteronormative society whereby you are presumed straight unless you say otherwise, it will have to continue. You are right, 'coming out' shouldn't have to a be thing, but it will be until people stop presuming they know people's sexuality without inquiring first

Perhaps a celebrity should just try stepping out in public with someone of the same sex that they're in a relationship with and see how the media reacts. That's how it should be, you just bring home your partner of whatever gender to your parents and they don't make a fuss over it, but unfortunately we've not yet reached that stage.

The point is that it is no one else's place other than one's own to define their sexuality. You (as in collectively, not you, Z) do not 'know' anything, you are just assuming. And more to the point, even if all of that is the case, it does not take away from the fact that some people do not wish to categorise their sexuality - nor, most of the time, is there any need to - and the media's insistence on point blank ignoring someone's wishes of disliking categorisation only fuels this outdated belief that sexuality has to be placed into certain check boxes, you are either this or that, a ridiculously stupid binary. It must stop.
Heteronormative?! Who makes these words up. Cis?! Pansexual?! This is why gender diversity studies needs to be scrapped pronto.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:16 PM #66

Quote:
as for the predictable comments that'll be thrown around everywhere that always imply bisexuality isn't a thing, all I have to say is do one
Theeres a bisexual male blogger whose whole YouTube was based on the fact he's gay,has come out as gay. The bi guy on Geordie Shore has come out gay. Every single so-called bi guy I see ends up with guys. I am not condoning cheating but its nearly always a so called bi man dating or married with a woman cheating with a guy. I look forward to seeing these so called bi guys dating a man actually cheat with a female or leave a man for a woman.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:19 PM #67

Quote:
oh god here we go

Let's just close the thread here shall we, I think we all know the news now...

No no need to close it.
At all.

Get Smithy to Edit his Heading
when he is home from work.
Bless Him.

Last edited by arista; 03-02-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:22 PM #68

Quote:

Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:31 PM #69

Quote:

When gay / LGBT folk come out never get why these people get all offended when others beat them to the ounch and reveal they already knew? They get all huffy and prissy as if saying "we all know/ already knew" is the height of homophobia. Whenever someone feels the need to come out, I can always tell and let them know this.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:42 PM #70
Z

Z

Quote:
I feel what you're saying contradicts itself though, we live in a "heteronormative" society where, unless you're very blatantly homosexual, people will assume you're not until told otherwise, or they might suspect you are but not ask out of politeness. It is therefore up to the individual to directly or indirectly place themselves in a box so people can define them. How do you propose we live in a society where people don't assume your sexuality without LGBT people being more open about their sexuality in the first place? If it's a case of 'act like it's no big deal' then great, it's no big deal, but that doesn't improve the average heterosexual person's understanding of what LGBT is if they're not able to identify people who identify LGBT.

What I do 'know', is that naked pictures purporting to be of George were leaked online; the evidence matches up with who they were sent to and George following that person on social media; and George's subsequent vague video message addressing people's questions about his sexuality. I adamantly believe his video message was worded in a way that wouldn't harm his public image and worded in a way that will allow him to milk this minor news story down the line when his career's at a total stand still; Union J are clearly dead and the guys are trying to spin careers out of the ashes. I don't really have time for gender/sexual politics but I respect that it's something you speak passionately about. I believe he's lying to save face because he was only put in this position because of leaked pictures and he would have continued to live a lie for who knows how much longer if this hadn't have happened. I think it's a good thing. Even in a band with an openly gay member, he still wasn't able to/didn't feel comfortable coming out. There's a video of them discussing sexuality below and George is actively pigeonholing himself into 'straight' territory and pretending not to know words and so on... I remember watching it and thinking he was trying too hard to play to being straight, I've always suspected he's gay.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM #71
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Very well said Lostie

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:02 PM #72
nope

nope

Quote:

Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:05 PM #73
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

I do like the school of thought that you're not Officially Bi if you don't cheat on the boyfriend you love with a woman, how very quirky

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:10 PM #74
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
When gay / LGBT folk come out never get why these people get all offended when others beat them to the ounch and reveal they already knew? They get all huffy and prissy as if saying "we all know/ already knew" is the height of homophobia. Whenever someone feels the need to come out, I can always tell and let them know this.
And that's extremely worrying in this day and age. But hey, good for you and your mystical gay detection powers.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:12 PM #75
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Am I the only one that didn't think he was bi or gay? I didn't know there was any speculation about his sexuality either, I must be living under a rock lmao. Anyway, good for him!
Dollface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gay, george, shelley