Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:00 PM #26

Live Now
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:09 PM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Thanks Arista.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:22 PM #28
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Faisal is brilliant, Cameron rattled already

Not one straight answer to a question he's been asked.
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:32 PM #29
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

"Which comes first, World War Three or the global Brexit recession?" - brilliant!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:36 PM #30
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

"I'm an English literature student, I know waffling when I see it!" - Cameron is getting a proper roasting
Old 02-06-2016, 07:42 PM #31
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I am not a supporter of Nigel Farage but I do admire and respect enormously his never changing position as to his view of the EU and leaving the EU.
So I am glad he is being given this high profile lead as to representing the no side, since really without Nigel Farage, there would never have likely been a EU referendum at all.

At least his sincerity and commitment to the issue cannot be justifiably questioned unlike the turncoats of the likes of Boris Johnson who are using the referendum to achieve further ambitions,not really about the EU at all.

Equally Gove is a good choice for the other one.
My guess is the PM will slay all that come against him on the EU anyway and hopefully the voters will see that the PM,on this issue, is guiding them on the right and better path to stay on.
You recently responded to me saying... I think for myself and make my own mind up on matters. This has to be admired 100%. But also on the other side of the EU argument with you being pro remain it does fly against your own quotes/personal beliefs. Remaining in the EU will mean you will not be allowed to make your own mind up, it will be decided for you from afar by someone un elected and this is what you ( by voting to remain ) is giving up. I hope that you realize this and acknowledge what you are willing to give up to remain within the EU.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:02 PM #32
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):

Loving this audience. The PM is getting burned by them with every question.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:04 PM #33
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

The interview was good but the Q&A was a bit disorganised with people just shouting out instead of putting their hand up.

That literature student was ridiculous as well. Thought she was an expert on the middle east because she's got Moroccan family and obviously had her attack on the PM scripted whatever he said in response to her question. Trying to bang on about Saudi Arabia was not exactly relevant either.

Overall the PM did well and had a good answer to everything I felt, a couple of the questions he was very strong on and left the questioners a bit flummoxed
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:14 PM #34
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
The interview was good but the Q&A was a bit disorganised with people just shouting out instead of putting their hand up.

That literature student was ridiculous as well. Thought she was an expert on the middle east because she's got Moroccan family and obviously had her attack on the PM scripted whatever he said in response to her question. Trying to bang on about Saudi Arabia was not exactly relevant either.

Overall the PM did well and had a good answer to everything I felt, a couple of the questions he was very strong on and left the questioners a bit flummoxed
I'd agree with all that,I also hope Faisal is as demanding and forceful with Michael Gove in that interview.

I really do think the PM made very strong points, I do think he got more than many people will give him credit for in that re-negotiation.

He is right too even before the re-negotiation, he with the coalition govt, put in place that any further treaty and transfer of powers cannot be done without the permission of the UK electorate.
He is right he has secured the UK not ever joining the euro if it doesn't want to and again that would have to be put to the people in a referendum too.

I honestly do think he made a good case for the deal the UK now has with the EU and I further think he is right to say that it is at best unlikely we could get anything better out of the EU.

For me he did well although with limited time, please will the organisers get a better questions than will Boris make a good PM,what for goodness sake had that to do with the EU referendum.

However, I would have happily answered that question for David Cameron, no, no,and no again, Boris would not in my view make a good PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:18 PM #35
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Fair point
Old 02-06-2016, 08:21 PM #36
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post

How was she? I'm not an expert on Europe as my family live here, she's an English lit student not a middle eastern politics graduate.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:24 PM #37
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
How was she? I'm not an expert on Europe as my family live here, she's an English lit student not a middle eastern politics graduate.
I was saying that she thought she was an expert on the Middle East, not that she was one
Old 02-06-2016, 08:25 PM #38
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyuk123 View Post
You recently responded to me saying... I think for myself and make my own mind up on matters. This has to be admired 100%. But also on the other side of the EU argument with you being pro remain it does fly against your own quotes/personal beliefs. Remaining in the EU will mean you will not be allowed to make your own mind up, it will be decided for you from afar by someone un elected and this is what you ( by voting to remain ) is giving up. I hope that you realize this and acknowledge what you are willing to give up to remain within the EU.
I don't see it that way, voters elected govts of both main parties who after being elected signed up to all we have as to the EU and therefore helped form it as it is.

So I see that as the voters sanctioning same by repeatedly electing govts that did so.

Now however no further transfer of powers can take place,or even any new treaty signed without the UK electorate being asked in a referendum.

So I do not feel I am losing anything however I do feel as a nation both as to status and economically, the UK could lose a lot by leaving.
If I knew for sure,nothing would be lost and I was hearing from the EU that they will look favourably on the UK after it leaves.
Also if I could hear any non EU Nations saying they will vastly increases their trade with the UK if it leaves the EU.
Then I would feel the out side had a credible case.

Sadly as I say almost every day off here,I hear nothing at all as to that or that it is even likely.

I am not looking at this for just myself, I am thinking of the whole economic picture for the UK, short term and long term, I am looking at my Nephews and Nieces and thinking of their futures.

Lots of issues and elements involved in making my mind up,and although I do make my own mind up, it is when I have the whole picture, and have also considered everyone else I share the UK with too overall,rather than just myself.

This will possibly be dismissed as rubbish by you again however this is my view and in part how I came to support staying in,so because I followed my own thinking as to research and others needs as well as the benefits and problems of the EU too, I am happy with my choice.

Last edited by joeysteele; 02-06-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:31 PM #39
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't see it that way, voters elected govts of both main parties who after being elected signed up to all we have as to the EU and therefore helped form it as it is.

So I see that as the voters sanctioning same by repeatedly electing govts that did so.

Now however no further transfer of powers can take place,or even any new treaty signed without the UK electorate being asked in a referendum.

So I do not feel I am losing anything however I do feel as a nation both as to status and economically, the UK could lose a lot by leaving.
If I knew for sure,nothing would be lost and I was hearing from the EU that they will look favourably on the UK after it leaves.
Also if I could hear any non EU Nations saying they will vastly increases their trade with the UK if it leaves the EU.

Sadly as I say almost every day off here,I hear nothing at all as to that or that it is even likely.

I am not looking at this for just myself, I am thinking of the whole economic picture for the UK, short term and long term, I am looking at my Nephews and Nieces and thinking of their futures.

Lots of issues and elements involved in making my mind up,and although I do make my own mind up, it is when I have the whole picture, and have also considered everyone else I share the UK with too overall,rather than just myself.
So you are happy to hand over any power to un elected people in another country to whom you do not know and to let them make decisions for you? This is what i mean... You believe in making up your own mind on issues yet are so blinkered right now that you cannot see that you will have far less of an opinion if any at all by remaining in the failed EU.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:33 PM #40
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

This will possibly be dismissed as rubbish by you again however this is my view and in part how I came to support staying in,so because I followed my own thinking as to research and others needs as well as the benefits and problems of the EU too, I am happy with my choice.
Your own thinking is exactly my point. You won't have it.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:37 PM #41
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I am 1000% certain that if in the morning Boris Johnson was made PM you would be in here and have a massive issue with it. Yet you have no issue with un elected people in another country running the UK. Explain? Please explain why you are in favor of strangers running the UK from over seas over UK residents?

Last edited by Johnnyuk123; 02-06-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 PM #42
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So you are happy to hand over any power to un elected people in another country to whom you do not know and to let them make decisions for you? This is what i mean... You believe in making up your own mind on issues yet are so blinkered right now that you cannot see that you will have far less of an opinion if any at all by remaining in the failed EU.
I am very happy with the deal, trade and otherwise the UK now has with the EU yes.

No more powers can be transferred without the UK electorates permission in a referendum.
We never need to join the euro.
We do not have to be part of any further political integration with the EU after the PMs deal this year.

I have made my own mind up on that definitely and I have further made my own mind up on that I doubt very much that the UK could get anything like the deal it has with the EU now, even just on trade, that is already has.

I also think,not just as to myself but that the UK the Nation I was born in and live in, will also have little more than just an opinion around the world rather than influence, overall, 'if' it leaves the EU.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:40 PM #43
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I am very happy with the deal, trade and otherwise the UK now has with the EU yes.

No more powers can be transferred without the UK electorates permission in a referendum.
We never need to join the euro.
We do not have to be part of any further political integration with the EU after the PMs deal this year.

I have made my own mind up on that definitely and I have further made my own mind up on that I doubt very much that the UK could get anything like the deal it has with the EU now, even just on trade, that is already has.

I also think,not just as to myself but that the UK the Nation I was born in and live in, will also have little more than just an opinion around the world rather than influence, overall, 'if' it leaves the EU.
The EU has the lowest growth in the world and you are happy with that?
Old 02-06-2016, 08:46 PM #44
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The EU has the lowest growth in the world and you are happy with that?
Things fluctuate, actually the eurozone is growing again now anyway.
It has been strong before, it has had problems and is growing again now, with countries lining up to get trading deals with it.

Can you tell me exactly what growth the UK will have if it leaves the EU, will it be better, the same or worse.

Ian Duncan Smith stated there would be a 2 year downturn for the UK with lower growth than had we stayed in, for at least 2 years.

Can you state that we would,how we would, and how long afterwards it would take, to make that lost ground up once alone, after that 2 years and just get back to even where we are now.

Last edited by joeysteele; 02-06-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:48 PM #45
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Things fluctuate, actually the eurozone is growing again now anyway.
It has been strong before, it has had problems and is growing again now, with countries lining up to get trading deals with it.

Can you tell me exactly what growth the UK will have if it leaves the EU, will it be better, the same or worse.

Ian Duncan Smith stated there would be a 2 year downturn for the UK with lower growth than had we stayed in, for at least 2 years.

Can you state that we would,how we would, and how long afterwards it would take, to make that lost ground up once alone, after that 2 years and just get back to even where we are now.
I will be happy to answer all of your questions when you actually answer any one of mine which you have failed to do and continue to avoid. Why is anyone's guess.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:53 PM #46
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I am 1000% certain that if in the morning Boris Johnson was made PM you would be in here and have a massive issue with it. Yet you have no issue with un elected people in another country running the UK. Explain? Please explain why you are in favor of strangers running the UK from over seas over UK residents?
What??

If the UK votes to leave and by some backwards miracle the Conservative party elects Boris as leader and PM then I equally have to accept that.
Only in a general election can I express my dissatisfaction and vote for another party but yes I would be moaning that he was PM as I do not feel he deserves to be in any way.

Others however,wouldn't agree and would welcome that taking place.

I don't see anyone overseas running the UK,I see 28 Nations making decisions,with the UK being one of them, and it likely getting harder for the unelected element to influence more as to EU matters now.

I simply do not myself see the negatives of the EU as you do,just as you cannot see the positives to it either.
Although at least I can and do accept there are both positives and negatives as to its make up.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:55 PM #47
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What??

If the UK votes to leave and by some backwards miracle the Conservative party elects Boris as leader and PM then I equally have to accept that.
Only in a general election can I express my dissatisfaction and vote for another party but yes I would be moaning that he was PM as I do not feel he deserves to be in any way.

Others however,wouldn't agree and would welcome that taking place.

I don't see anyone overseas running the UK,I see 28 Nations making decisions,with the UK being one of them, and it likely getting harder for the unelected element to influence more as to EU matters now.

I simply do not myself see the negatives of the EU as you do,just as you cannot see the positives to it either.
Although at least I can and do accept there are both positives and negatives as to its make up.
As a member of the EU you will not have that choice. I rest my case.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:01 PM #48
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I will be happy to answer all of your questions when you actually answer any one of mine which you have failed to do and continue to avoid. Why is anyone's guess.
I avoid none of your questions,the problem is you do not get the answer you want as I do not agree with you at all,you so just make play this tit for tat game that goes around in circles and gets neither of us anywhere.

I know what being in the EU is like,I need little more information as to that, I have no idea what the facts really are as to being out and you just as is the case with the out campaign, have given no substantiated picture or facts as to being out.

Had you and the out side,any Nations,in the EU or out of it backing your case as to the UKs future out of the EU,you would easily be able to credibly demonstrate and present factual information.
The fact the out side cannot do so,and in fact has no Nations supporting the claims,for me that speaks volumes about being out and the dangers of same.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:03 PM #49
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
As a member of the EU you will not have that choice. I rest my case.
You are joking, you are trying to say we will not have general elections in the UK and not be able to vote for other Parties,if we stay in now.
Now I really think you are wasting my time.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:05 PM #50
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I avoid none of your questions,the problem is you do not get the answer you want as I do not agree with you at all,you so just make play this tit for tat game that goes around in circles and gets neither of us anywhere.

I know what being in the EU is like,I need little more information as to that, I have no idea what the facts really are as to being out and you just as is the case with the out campaign, have given no substantiated picture or facts as to being out.

Had you and the out side,any Nations,in the EU or out of it backing your case as to the UKs future out of the EU,you would easily be able to credibly demonstrate and present factual information.
The fact the out side cannot do so,and in fact has no Nations supporting the claims,for me that speaks volumes about being out and the dangers of same.
Please give me credible reasons for remaining in the EU.
Just answer the two points below please...

EG: How much will the UK save each year by remaining in the EU?
EG: How many less immigrants will enter the UK after the 23rd of June 2016?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2nd, 8pm, cameron, debates, eu, gove, june, newshd, shows, sky, tv, vote