Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2017, 09:37 PM #101

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):

like it's not even a dig at anyone's political beliefs bc i respect and appreciate all sides but there are no debates on this forum, from certain people anyway, only inane posts that add no benefit to anyone's experience. i only come back bc i've been a member for so long and hope that maybe some of the fun of a few years ago might return. this place has descended into a cesspit of toxicity and negativity and i feel like i age ten years when i just consider clicking on the url in my favourites tab, let alone actually witness the site load on my screen.

Last edited by RichardG; 15-10-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 09:38 PM #102

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

that is my contribution to the thread

carry on debating i guess, i look forward to the truth's next thoughtful argument

something about women i presume

Last edited by RichardG; 15-10-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 09:45 PM #103
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I've seriously made this suggestion multiple times in Tibb Towers.

Offtopic, but didn't you trial the whole 'banning people from subforums for x amount of time'. Why did that never stick?
Old 15-10-2017, 11:39 PM #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
like it's not even a dig at anyone's political beliefs bc i respect and appreciate all sides but there are no debates on this forum, from certain people anyway, only inane posts that add no benefit to anyone's experience. i only come back bc i've been a member for so long and hope that maybe some of the fun of a few years ago might return. this place has descended into a cesspit of toxicity and negativity and i feel like i age ten years when i just consider clicking on the url in my favourites tab, let alone actually witness the site load on my screen.
Old 15-10-2017, 11:39 PM #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
or just delete the serious debates forum
Quote:
I've seriously made this suggestion multiple times in Tibb Towers.

Last edited by Marsh.; 15-10-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 11:47 PM #106

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I can’t understand this talk of banning people with differing opinions on a debate forum.
It’ll just become an echo chamber with nothing to debate.
I don’t agree with this 188,000 women lie about rape figure either.A case lacking evidence doesn’t mean the accuser is lying but name calling and trying to get people banned for an opinion is akin to this no platforming safe space crap the lefty SJW’s try.
Everyone doesn’t have to agree with each other.
Old 15-10-2017, 11:49 PM #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I can’t understand this talk of banning people with differing opinions on a debate forum.
I don’t agree with this 188,000 women lie about rape figure either.A case lacking evidence doesn’t mean the accuser is lying but name calling and trying to get people banned for an opinion is akin to this no platforming safe space crap the lefty SJW’s try.
Nobody's suggested anything of the sort.

Vile misogynistic abuse on a frequent basis, on the other hand, is ban worthy and should not be acceptable.

Racism isn't. Homophobia isn't. I don't see why sexism is any different.
Old 15-10-2017, 11:58 PM #108
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Offtopic, but didn't you trial the whole 'banning people from subforums for x amount of time'. Why did that never stick?
It's something that's still around but we don't use it nearly enough, at the moment it's just for SD but I think we're adding it to other forums too.

Still, I'm more for setting SD on fire and watching it burn in all honesty.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:00 AM #109
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It's nothing to do with alternate opinions, if vile opinions were a bannable offense then SD would be a ghost town.
Old 16-10-2017, 03:19 AM #110
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Nobody's suggested anything of the sort.

Vile misogynistic abuse on a frequent basis, on the other hand, is ban worthy and should not be acceptable.

Racism isn't. Homophobia isn't. I don't see why sexism is any different.
I've said this a thousand times... lands on def ears though. One of the reasons I rarely come on anymore.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Old 16-10-2017, 06:06 AM #111
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Members continue to give views they consider offensive and vile air time by engaging in a debate with that member, who will never change their opinion.

Just give your opinion on a topic and leave it at that, in the real world you would not talk to someone you don't like.

For those that come on and moan about the forum and how negative it is!,try posting some positive threads instead of slagging it off.
Old 16-10-2017, 06:44 AM #112

Not really the point is it.

It is against the forum rules to be a mysoginistic pig.

He's given "air time" by being permitted to post.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:32 AM #113
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
This is the reason why serious debates exists, because the people who care about social issues can, for now at least voice their opinions even if they counter both the mainstream media and the majority of contributors to any given thread.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:37 AM #114
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
It's something that's still around but we don't use it nearly enough, at the moment it's just for SD but I think we're adding it to other forums too.

Still, I'm more for setting SD on fire and watching it burn in all honesty.
Why? So people are forced to into the chat treads to talk about rimming?...no thanks.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:38 AM #115

It's not about a difference of opinion though? Or going against the mainstream?

It's about someone making facts and figures up out of thin air to use disgusting language to shame rape victims and call the majority of them liars because of an irrational hatred of women.

That's a) not really conducive to a good or a serious debate and b) sexism breaks the rules of the forum.

Last edited by Marsh.; 16-10-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:42 AM #116
0_o

0_o

Most of you will be happy to know that the OP of this thread has been indefinitely banned for his persistant misogynistic comments in various threads. The replies in this thread were really the last straw. IMO he should have been banned months, if not years ago but he was given chance after chance. Its not for a differing opinion. Its for being just...disgusting basically. His hatred for women shines through every post he makes, and I genuinely think if these are his true views that he is a scary individual who needs professional help to get over it.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 16-10-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:44 AM #117
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
It's not about a difference of opinion though? Or going against the mainstream?

It's about someone making facts and figures up out of thin air to use disgusting language to shame rape victims and call the majority of them liars because of an irrational hatred of women.

That's a) not really conducive to a good or a serious debate and b) sexism breaks the rules of the forum.
Is this to me.. Why are you taking my point to NM and applying it to the truth?
Of course if you spout sexist or racist rubbish it should be called out no question.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:49 AM #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Most of you will be happy to know that the OP of this thread has been indefinitely banned for his persistant misogynistic comments in various threads. The replies in this thread were really the last straw. IMO he should have been banned months, if not years ago but he was given chance after chance. Its not for a differing opinion. Its for being just...disgusting basically. His hatred for women shines through every post he makes, and I genuinely think if these are his true views that he is a scary individual who needs professional help to get over it.
Good riddance...
Old 16-10-2017, 09:52 AM #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Is this to me.. Why are you taking my point to NM and applying it to the truth?
Of course if you spout sexist or racist rubbish it should be called out no question.
You responded to NM who was directly responding to the situation that arose in this thread concerning the truth.

If neither post, your own or his, addressing the banning of members has anything to do with the truth then it's misplaced? Unless there's a member banned for a difference of opinion that I've missed?
Old 16-10-2017, 09:54 AM #120

Quote:
Well said.

Dare I say SD will be all the better for it with members who, whilst offering their view, don't blatantly ignore facts to carry out their hate campaign.
Old 16-10-2017, 10:03 AM #121
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
You responded to NM who was directly responding to the situation that arose in this thread concerning the truth.

If neither post, your own or his, addressing the banning of members has anything to do with the truth then it's misplaced? Unless there's a member banned for a difference of opinion that I've missed?
I was specifically replying to NM concerning his use of the term 'lefty SJW' whatever came before or after is irrelevant to me, your policing of comments to ensure they are following the thread is unnecessary and unhelpful.
I neither want nor require your assistance thank you.
Old 16-10-2017, 10:04 AM #122
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Great, tip of the iceberg perhaps but a start
Old 16-10-2017, 10:07 AM #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I was specifically replying to NM concerning his use of the term 'lefty SJW' whatever came before or after is irrelevant to me, your policing of comments to ensure they are following the thread is unnecessary and unhelpful.
I neither want nor require your assistance thank you.
I didn't even quote you to begin with but commented on the line of discussion that started within NM's post. Which was entirely about the truth being banned.

If you think my post and contribution to the thread is all about you I assure you it isn't.

Yet I seem to be met with yet another post telling me you don't wish to talk to me. There's really no need to be so hostile.

Last edited by Marsh.; 16-10-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 16-10-2017, 10:30 AM #124
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I didn't even quote you to begin with but commented on the line of discussion that started within NM's post. Which was entirely about the truth being banned.

If you think my post and contribution to the thread is all about you I assure you it isn't.

Yet I seem to be met with yet another post telling me you don't wish to talk to me. There's really no need to be so hostile.
Fair enough, that's all I asked if it wasn't then no worries.
I haven't done or said anything to infer the thread is all about me or that I don't wish to talk to you. There is no hostility from me, I misunderstood obviously, I was under the impression you were telling me my comment was misplaced.. haha silly me.
Old 16-10-2017, 10:43 AM #125
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it is a bit sad that it was felt that had to come to this with truth.../I did think he made some good points on some things..(I'm not talking about in this thread..).. but there were some discussions I would like to have got more involved in with him because he made some good and interesting points, he just didn't make it easy to do so because of his..well..determination in the course he wanted to pursue.../anyways, there it is../it is what it is and always sad to lose a member....
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, allegations, false, jailed, rape, women, years