Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB7 Celebrity Big Brother 7 from 2010, which was won by Alex Reid.

Old 18-12-2009, 03:32 PM #1
that's Nice

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BB16: Jade
that's Nice

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BB16: Jade
Default eviction interveiw.

anyone hoping they go back to there old ways with just davina an the evictee? or what about no evictions interveiw!
JohnnyBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 03:34 PM #2

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Yes, they will most likely go back to the old format - I can't see them getting celebrities to interview celebrities - but they won't ditch them altogether.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:08 PM #3
Banned

Banned

I actually thought the interviews last year were MUCH better than previous years as Davina had less input in it.

In BB8 and BB9, she was atrocious. Her ability to interview people has severely diminished with age and she's just not up to the job. She should be lucky that she's still presenting BB, as if I had it my way she'd be long gone.
Gavin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:09 PM #4
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

I prefer the old eviction format, so hope so

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:10 PM #5
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
I actually thought the interviews last year were MUCH better than previous years as Davina had less input in it.

In BB8 and BB9, she was atrocious. Her ability of interview people has severely diminished with age and she's just not up to the job. She should be lucky that she's still presenting BB, as if I had it my way she'd be long gone.
If you had your way the show would be bollocks.
Old 18-12-2009, 06:10 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Davina is a shite interviewer but I prefer it the way it was. I just wish she'd be a little bit more consistent. With Big Mouth, Davina should give them all an easy ride (its more pleasant viewing) then over to Big Mouth where she grills them with the audience.

They ought to ditch the silly panel.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:11 PM #7
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

I think they will go back to the old format, they got too many complaints about it last year and you could tell they knew it wasnt working.

Its the last series on C4 and I think they`ll try and make the fans happy and no one liked the BB10 format.
Old 18-12-2009, 06:12 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
If you had your way the show would be bollocks.
Not at all. If I had it my way, the show would still be successful and nowhere near being axed.

The bigwigs at Channel 4 and incompetent staff at Endemol have totally ruined the brand over the last 3 years unfortunately. Removing the live feed was the last straw. It was the worst decision they'd ever made. Big Brother was no long Big Brother, apart from just the name. It was just another mediocre reality show just like the ones they show on crap digital channels like MTV. Big Brother is effectively dead due to the poor decisions made.
Old 18-12-2009, 06:13 PM #9
BB9UK - Legendary Series.

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Corin
BB9UK - Legendary Series.

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Corin

Bring back the old format and LIVE FEED !
georgehudson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:15 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not at all. If I had it my way, the show would still be successful and nowhere near being axed.

The bigwigs at Channel 4 and incompetent staff at Endemol have totally ruined the brand over the last 3 years unfortunately. Removing the live feed was the last straw. It was the worst decision they'd ever made. Big Brother was no long Big Brother, apart from just the name. It was just another mediocre reality show just like the ones they show on crap digital channels like MTV. Big Brother is effectively dead due to the poor decisions made.
Big Brother would be dead anyway. By the end of its run it will have had 11 series, 7 celebrity spin offs plus Hijack, a teen series and a panto meaning a total of 20 series'. Not many shows last that long with the exposure BB had and the length of time it has been on

I think its natural end was BB9 but they've dragged it out a bit too far
Old 18-12-2009, 06:15 PM #11
Banned

Banned

Quote:

They had to cut the live feed because they're under far stricter monitoring now due to backlash over charges of racism and bullying that have been levelled at the show, which ultimately led to changes in policy in regard to what can or cannot be aired.

But yeah, I do agree with you that Davina is a terrible interviewer.
setanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 06:23 PM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Big Brother would be dead anyway. By the end of its run it will have had 11 series, 7 celebrity spin offs plus Hijack, a teen series and a panto meaning a total of 20 series'. Not many shows last that long with the exposure BB had and the length of time it has been on

I think its natural end was BB9 but they've dragged it out a bit too far
Big Brother wouldn't be down to a pathetic 2m though for its last series if they had made better decisions in the last few years.

Firstly, bringing back Jade Goody and her family was a huge mistake anyway. That decision was hated at the time even before the whole race row happened.

Secondly, they did nothing about the race row, ignoring the bullying and racism. Any other decent production team/channel would have kicked Jade out immediately.

Thirdly, they made no major changes to the BB format after CBB5 and the advertising campaigns were poor.

Fourthly, the twists weren't up to the standard of previous series like BB5-BB7 and the housemates weren't great. There were some fantastic ones like Marcus and Bea, but too few unfortunately.

Fifthly, getting rid of the live feed was a suicidal decision. It was the best way for the media to make stories from and create publicity. Without LF, they had to rely on press releases which weren't sent out regularly enough from Channel 4. Also the fans who watch live feed spread the word and without it, the show wasn't even what BB set out to be.

BB USA is in its 10th series in America and is still going as strong as ever. Granted, that we've had about 17 in total. But I still believe that with better decisions, BB wouldn't be in the state we are today. Look at the States, Survivor has had nearly 20 series and is still very successful. X Factor is a deviation of Pop Idol and Pop Stars which began at the same time of BB. They're still huge.

BB could have continued for many years (as Julian Bellamy- C4 editor- said a couple of years ago). But it wasn't to be due to the incompetency of certain people working on the show and at the channel.
Old 18-12-2009, 06:32 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Big Brother wouldn't be down to a pathetic 2m though for its last series if they had made better decisions in the last few years.

Firstly, bringing back Jade Goody and her family was a huge mistake anyway. That decision was hated at the time even before the whole race row happened.

Secondly, they did nothing about the race row, ignoring the bullying and racism. Any other decent production team/channel would have kicked Jade out immediately.

Thirdly, they made no major changes to the BB format after CBB5 and the advertising campaigns were poor.

Fourthly, the twists weren't up to the standard of previous series like BB5-BB7 and the housemates weren't great. There were some fantastic ones like Marcus and Bea, but too few unfortunately.

Fifthly, getting rid of the live feed was a suicidal decision. It was the best way for the media to make stories from and create publicity. Without LF, they had to rely on press releases which weren't sent out regularly enough from Channel 4. Also the fans who watch live feed spread the word and without it, the show wasn't even what BB set out to be.

BB USA is in its 10th series in America and is still going as strong as ever. Granted, that we've had about 17 in total. But I still believe that with better decisions, BB wouldn't be in the state we are today. Look at the States, Survivor has had nearly 20 series and is still very successful. X Factor is a deviation of Pop Idol and Pop Stars which began at the same time of BB. They're still huge.

BB could have continued for many years (as Julian Bellamy- C4 editor- said a couple of years ago). But it wasn't to be due to the incompetency of certain people working on the show and at the channel.
BBUK and BBUSA are completely different shows so there is no comparison. BBUSA is much more low key and has a cult following rather than the mass following BBUK used to have. CBB will be almost certainly up on 2m anyway because the signs are so far promising, plus its the last celebrity one.

I think the BB9 twists were v good, many think of the double eviction in the final week, especially Kat's, as one of the BB classics as well as the prisoners dilemma twist. And the 90 second nominations in BB10 went down very well, with many saying they should do it every week. BB still has it in terms of production, the public just don't like it anymore.

X Factor is as big as it is not because of the format, but because of the PR machine behind it and the production gets slicker every year. But like Big Brother, X Factor and BGT have now merged into one and they are becoming over exposed. I don't think they will be at the top of their game in 2 years time, I predict a BB style meltdown in the next year or so. BGT 2010 will be the last series imo to get massive ratings.

I think the live feed gets too much credit. It isn't a coincidence to me that the ratings went down the pan during 2 very poor series. Yes the feed was gone, but even with it nothing was probably still happening.
Old 18-12-2009, 07:15 PM #14
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Your right and wrong..

BBs ratings falling was due to Live Feed yes, but thats not the complete reason.

If you look at BB8 the ratings fell because of Jade Goody in CBB5, then no one watched BB8.
And for the 3m that did they hated it because it was too boring and PC because of the events that happened before it.

Big Brother 9 was very good and was one of the best series ever, however the ratings were low due to BB8s crappness, however BB started to gain more confidence again and werent so boring.

So BB9 was good, and I thought BB10 would be even better, but unfortunatly as you said, they made the pathetic decission to axe LF and thats what finished it off.

I think it still has the potential to be great.

BB8 was Crap, BB9 was great, BB10 was good but had no LF so it ruined it.

I think if they can bring back LF and get a good bunch of HMs and a few good tasks and twists, then the show will become a success again.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eviction, interveiw