Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:42 PM #51
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
The examples that you gave were in my opinion, the best of a bad lot most likely. This is a TV Show manufacturing a singer chances are 9/10 of them will fail.
Don't agree with that. Rhydian >>>>>> Leon especially

Quote:
They don't make their own music and I would doubt after their year is up get much attention from the record company tbh.
Don't agree with this either. These are Syco's current artists:

# Westlife (2002–present)
# Il Divo (2004–present)
# Shayne Ward (2005–present)
# Leona Lewis (2006–present)
# Alexandra Burke (2008–present)
# Andrew Johnston (2008–present)
# Susan Boyle (2009–present)
# Joe McElderry (2009–present)
# Olly Murs (2010–present)

# Labrinth (2010–present)[6]
# Jackie Evancho (2010-present)

Seven of those are artists from TV talent shows. Their previous artists are exactly the same, except there's eight:

* Gareth Gates (2002–2006, dropped/left)[8]
* Steve Brookstein (2004–2005, dropped)

* Bianca Ryan (2006–2008, dropped/left)
* Angelis (2006–2007, dropped/disbanded)
* Leon Jackson (2007–2009, dropped)
* Same Difference (2007–2009, dropped)[9]
* George Sampson (2008–2009, dropped)[10]
* Rhydian (2007–2010, left)[11]
* Paul Potts (2007–2010, dropped/left)[12]
* Escala (2008–2010, dropped)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syco

All the attention will be on them. And the fact that they don't make their own music is irrelevant, considering 90% of mainstream artists nowadays don't make their own music. It's the world we live in - that's the way the market works.

Quote:
where to start! first and foremost I don't like her voice, she's murdered pretty much every song she's sung so far (the ones she's remembered the words to anyway!)
I dont think she should have gotten through to the live shows over much more talented girls (who remembered the words to their songs)
Her dramatics piss me right off, sitting on the floor and saying "sod it" for example.
And she just generally irritates me, the sound of her voice (speaking) grates on me nearly as much as her singing voice.
Regarding her voice - fair enough.

Regarding the 'other talented girls' - I disagree, as although they had good vocal talent, they had no stage presence or personality and Katie's image is/was far superior to theirs. I genuinely think Cheryl picked the right three initially, they were easily the most diverse and interesting of the eight - that's something that not only makes a good category, but it makes a good show as well - and of course entertainment is the main factor in creating this show.

Regarding the 'sod it' - like I said, how do you think she feels after being subjected to weeks and weeks of unnecessary abuse and bile being spouted at her in the press and online? She must feel hated. And for someone that's done nothing wrong, except star in a television show [where Cheryl decided to put her through, not herself] and be ambitious - that's got to be hard to deal with. People act like she's murdered someone. It's no surprise that one day she would get fed up with it and so she just happened to think aloud 'sod it'. I think she expected she would be going anyway [like we all did, including myself] - and so there was, essentially, no 'point'.

Last edited by Jack_; 09-11-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:45 PM #52
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Don't agree with that. Rhydian >>>>>> Leon especially

Don't agree with this either. These are Syco's current artists:

# Westlife (2002–present)
# Il Divo (2004–present)
# Shayne Ward (2005–present)
# Leona Lewis (2006–present)
# Alexandra Burke (2008–present)
# Andrew Johnston (2008–present)
# Susan Boyle (2009–present)
# Joe McElderry (2009–present)
# Olly Murs (2010–present)

# Labrinth (2010–present)[6]
# Jackie Evancho (2010-present)

Seven of those are artists from TV talent shows. Their previous artists are exactly the same, except there's eight:

* Gareth Gates (2002–2006, dropped/left)[8]
* Steve Brookstein (2004–2005, dropped)

* Bianca Ryan (2006–2008, dropped/left)
* Angelis (2006–2007, dropped/disbanded)
* Leon Jackson (2007–2009, dropped)
* Same Difference (2007–2009, dropped)[9]
* George Sampson (2008–2009, dropped)[10]
* Rhydian (2007–2010, left)[11]
* Paul Potts (2007–2010, dropped/left)[12]
* Escala (2008–2010, dropped)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syco

All the attention will be on them. And the fact that they don't make their own music is irrelevant, considering 90% of mainstream artists nowadays don't make their own music. It's the world we live in - that's the way the market works.

Regarding her voice - fair enough.

Regarding the 'other talented girls' - I disagree, as although they had good vocal talent, they had no stage presence or personality and Katie's image is/was far superior to theirs. I genuinely think Cheryl picked the right three initially, they were easily the most diverse and interesting of the eight - that's something that not only makes a good category, but it makes a good show as well - and of course entertainment is the main factor in creating this show.

Regarding the 'sod it' - like I said, how do you think she feels after being subjected to weeks and weeks of unnecessary abuse and bile being spouted at her in the press and online? She must feel hated. And for someone that's done nothing wrong, except star in a television show [where Cheryl decided to put her through, not herself] and be ambitious - that's got to be hard to deal with. People act like she's murdered someone. It's no surprise that one day she would get fed up with it and so she just happened to think aloud 'sod it'. I think she expected she would be going anyway [like we all did, including myself] - and so there was, essentially, no 'point'.
They are my reasons for disliking her, why are you so sure that's her reason for saying sod it? Do you not think it's more likely that it was because...........she........I dunno........forgot the words to the song.............again?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 09-11-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM #53
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They are my reasons for disliking her, why are you so sure that's her reason for saying sod it? Do you not think it's more likely that it was because...........she........I dunno........forgot the words to the song.............again?
No - or else she would've just given up completely or said so, like she did last time, wouldn't she?

I think the fact that she brokedown in tears and distress both last week and this week proves that she is on the edge of being, if not emotionally unstable. And why would that be?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:53 PM #54
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No - or else she would've just given up completely or said so, like she did last time, wouldn't she?

I think the fact that she brokedown in tears and distress both last week and this week proves that she is on the edge of being, if not emotionally unstable. And why would that be?
Not on a live show no I dont think so.

Cos she knows she's not good enough and the public want her out maybe? She'd want to toughen up a bit if she cant handle a nit of bad press, she wouldn't last two minutes in the spot light if that's the case

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:00 PM #55
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not on a live show no I dont think so.

Cos she knows she's not good enough and the public want her out maybe?
...or maybe that she's been on the receiving end of endless, disgusting comments and press, like I said?

Quote:
She'd want to toughen up a bit if she cant handle a nit of bad press, she wouldn't last two minutes in the spot light if that's the case
A 'bit' of bad press? Really? There's been far more than just a 'bit' of bad press...

And to be fair all of these acts are just starting out in the spotlight, one minute they were nobodies and the next minute they've been thrown into the public eye. It's a very fast moving process and something that I'm sure everyone can imagine, takes a lot of getting used to. I'm sure once she's got used to the industry she'd adjust to the negative press she's bound to receive - but after five weeks in a TV talent show, I think you're asking for a bit much, to be quite honest.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:04 PM #56
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...or maybe that she's been on the receiving end of endless, disgusting comments and press, like I said?

A 'bit' of bad press? Really? There's been far more than just a 'bit' of bad press...

And to be fair all of these acts are just starting out in the spotlight, one minute they were nobodies and the next minute they've been thrown into the public eye. It's a very fast moving process and something that I'm sure everyone can imagine, takes a lot of getting used to. I'm sure once she's got used to the industry she'd adjust to the negative press she's bound to receive - but after five weeks in a TV talent show, I think you're asking for a bit much, to be quite honest.
what disgusting comments exactly? all I've seen is articles about her being melo dramatic which she seems to back up every week on the show and that she doesn't deserve to be on the show after messing up her audition which I fully agree with.

Danyl last year was subjected to worse press imo and he never fell apart like she did

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:09 PM #57
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
what disgusting comments exactly? all I've seen is articles about her being melo dramatic which she seems to back up every week on the show and that she doesn't deserve to be on the show after messing up her audition which I fully agree with.

Danyl last year was subjected to worse press imo and he never fell apart like she did
Well for starters the nickname 'Weasel' isn't exactly nice, is it? And then there's the small matter of people on internet forums criticising her appearance [mainly her chin] - both examples of what bullies in schools tend to pick on. And then there's the people that have called her, or insinuated that she is a 'slag' - hardly the nicest of comments either.

Oh and then there's the tags of the 'Most Hated Reality TV Contestant Ever' or 'National Hate Figure' in the press. How would that make someone feel?

Danyl received nowhere near as bad [or as much] press as Katie does.

Last edited by Jack_; 09-11-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:12 PM #58

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
What is it exactly that makes people dislike Katie so much?Yes ,she is a bit of a drama queen,but so is Cher,I do admit I much prefer Katies voice to Chers,I know she has had lots of bad press,but so have the others and do we REALLY believe any of it?she is quite good looking,so what is it that makes people hate her so much?I am serious and curious.
Cher is just as much a 'drama queen' and I think that is the explanation and answer. Girl fight.
It is the best way to inflame a fan-girl war. Cher versus Katie = massive voting and viewers and online hype.

But outside that - I don't know why anyone is especially concerned with getting rid of her so quickly.
Aiden is dreadful and actually painful to watch. The Boy Band is still taking up space. Cher is, at best, only a slightly better singer.

So yeah.. I see her as 1 of about 4 or 5 who can go now. Not something special.
personally, I could easily see Boy Band and Grim Grimshaw disappear first.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 PM #59
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well for starters the nickname 'Weasel' isn't exactly nice, is it? And then there's the small matter of people on internet forums criticising her appearance [mainly her chin] - both examples of what bullies in schools tend to pick on. And then there's the people that have called her, or insinuated that she is a 'slag' - hardly the nicest of comments either.

Oh and then there's the tags of the 'Most Hated Reality TV Contestant Ever' or 'National Hate Figure' in the press. How would that make someone feel?

Danyl received nowhere near as bad [or as much] press as Katie does.
Oh get a grip Jack, she's not the first nor will she be the last, X-Factor, BB or any reality show contestant to get mocked. If she can't take the heat she needs to get out of the kitchen.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:14 PM #60
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

I dont think its Katie's fault the public hate her, Its Cheryls fault for putting her through... she should never have been in the competition in the first place!! Gamu was just too ugly to be in Cheryl's gang.. simple as that

Last edited by fruit_cake; 09-11-2010 at 08:15 PM.
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM #61

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Someone needs to get a grip in this thread and it's not Jack.. comparing Danyl and Katie in relation to the press is the worst thing i have ever read on this forum...

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:17 PM #62
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh get a grip Jack, she's not the first nor will she be the last, X-Factor, BB or any reality show contestant to get mocked. If she can't take the heat she needs to get out of the kitchen.
...yes, because the number of past and future people being introduced into the public eye to get 'mocked' by people and the press really excuses the comments that they all received/will receive, doesn't it?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:17 PM #63
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Someone needs to get a grip in this thread and it's not Jack.. comparing Danyl and Katie in relation to the press is the worst thing i have ever read on this forum...
Is it you?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:18 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Is it you?
No it is you... but i don't think i need to tell you that..

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:18 PM #65
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...yes, because the number of past and future people being introduced into the public eye to get 'mocked' by people and the press really excuses the comments that they all received/will receive, doesn't it?
If you didn't like Katie Jack you wouldn't even care lets be honest

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM #66
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
No it is you... but i don't think i need to tell you that..
Well, we're all entitled to our opinions Andy

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 08:52 PM #67
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...or not, because as I said masses of people are lapping up the stories in the press and then letting it hinder their opinion of her. You can deny it all you want, but that's the truth and there is no denying that tabloids have a very large effect on things on TV and in the media [and often a negative impact - like here].

The 'X Factor' is made up of a number of different factors - vocal talent, stage presence, image and personality. She has three of those and a decent vocal talent. That's near enough the 'X Factor'. Whether people 'like' her or not is irrelevant, the public are ****ing clueless when it comes to these shows [especially recently] - eleven series' of Big Brother proved that.
Danyl had awful press. and was in the bottom 2 once (by 0.1%). He did amazing all series, and had probably worse press than Katie. He was actually liked.. So katie just sucks
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM #68
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I didnt mean me specifically. But I am included in the collective. Since you seem to reckon that the majority of people who dislike her, dislike her because they lap up all the tabloid bull.

I think you really need to give people more credit. Obviously SOME will be swayed by the tabloids, but I doubt it is anywhere near as many as you seem to believe. Most people vote based on how the act is on the night...nothing to do with papers.
i agree with this as i dont read the papers,i can just tell that shes annoying on the live show.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 09-11-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:57 PM #69
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

jack ur opinion arent facts!
Me and the majority of the public thought cheryl picked the WRONG 3
Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM #70
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
Er no. Rebecca was definitely the right choice

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 PM #71
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Well, I just don't like her singing voice,I look at X Factor and decide who I like from whether I would buy their CDs and go and see them.

Katie's voice grates on me, I was totally unimpressed when she failed to sing at Cheryls house,yet got through, the view taken then was that must never happen again,it did on Saturday so she is too great a risk really.

Also surprisingly,I have to admit, I didn't think she would be the least popular act on xFactor but she is,with the public who spend the money and take the time to vote for acts on the show.

It cannot be said she is popular with the public when she has been in the bottom 2 for 3 times in only 5 weeks. Her personality is clearly not winning over the majority of voting viewers and the dramatics from her at Cheryls house and on Saturday are further proof she has not got the X Factor,whatever it is, she has not got it.

I personally,not from any press reading or anything else,would not buy her CDs or want to pay to see her 'live' either, therefore those are the 2 main reasons I don't like her, I cannot hate her, I don't know her but as a singer she fails tro impress me totally.

Saturday really was and should have been the last straw to her staying in, it would have been the end for any other act had they done so,to come out having to give your real best performance to show you deserve to stay in the competition, then forget the words of the song you are singing,say sod it and sit down then chant one line over and over to the end. Pathetic and far from being the actions of a great performer/singer,what she did on Saturday was not worthy of any performer/singer.

Its also why she will be in the last 2 this week again but maybe they can come up with some other way to save her again though, who knows.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 PM #72
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Er no. Rebecca was definitely the right choice
i never denied that. Rebecca and Cher were probably right in popularity, and obviously gamu was. Then the wildcard Treyc. that was right, if not Keri! she was super talented for as little as i saw of her for some reason
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 PM #73
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
i never denied that. Rebecca and Cher were probably right in popularity, and obviously gamu was. Then the wildcard Treyc. that was right, if not Keri! she was super talented for as little as i saw of her for some reason
Well then, she didn't choose the wrong 3 then, she just screwed up on the last decision then

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 PM #74
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If you didn't like Katie Jack you wouldn't even care lets be honest
So you're now telling me I condone bullying?

Quote:
Danyl had awful press. and was in the bottom 2 once (by 0.1%). He did amazing all series, and had probably worse press than Katie. He was actually liked.. So katie just sucks
He had nowhere near as much press as Katie.

Quote:
Where did I say my opinions 'are facts'? Refer me to the post please. Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 PM #75
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So you're now telling me I condone bullying?

I just think it's a bit strange that you take offence to someone mocking Katies chin but think it's ok to laugh at jokes about child abuse, strange morals there you have!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 09-11-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
katie, Katie Waissel, question, serious