Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:29 PM #51

They've just gone to further show how much of a mockery this country is becoming.

You'd get killed for pissing on a Qua'ran in any Islamic country, yet these mugs get police protection, and the people protesting against them come out worse? What a fucking disgrace.

And it's only going to get worse... I need to go to NZ.
KG. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM #52
banned

banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG. View Post
You'd get killed for pissing on a Qua'ran in any Islamic country, yet
This is not an Islamic country though. That's. The. Point. Why does everyone relish missing the point? Saying 'yet ...' defeats the purpose. It signals that you would like some sort of censorship brought in just like oh I don't know ... those Islamic countries you just complained about!

I agree with the rest of your post though. They should not be getting police protection or any sort of advantaged over the EDL and co. Equal rights for all.
Big Sexy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:38 PM #53
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
This is not an Islamic country though. That's. The. Point. Why does everyone relish missing the point? Saying 'yet ...' defeats the purpose. It signals that you would like some sort of censorship brought in just like oh I don't know ... those Islamic countries you just complained about!

I agree with the rest of your post though. They should not be getting police protection or any sort of advantaged over the EDL and co. Equal rights for all.
Stu

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 PM #54
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post

Exactly. I hate it when people compare our nation to fundamentalist Islamic ones. What, just because they're intolerant enough to kill people for disrespecting their religion we should to? We should be grateful that we live in a democratic society, where you are allowed to freely express your views, instead of looking to Islamic countries for punishment tips.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 PM #55
It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
And still there's a deafening silence form the law abiding Muslim majority - no wonder people are pissed off. It just looks like the whole Muslim community are complicit in their behaviour because of their lack of condemnation of it.
Thats true but their seriously is no need for half the hatred thrown at regular Muslims over this. Its just the media blowing everything out of proportion....as usual.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:48 PM #56
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:

Entirely predictable that there is a news blackout on this.
One man threatens to burn a Koran in the land of 9/11 and it makes international news and cries of racism.
A baying mob burns a Poppy on Armistice Day in the land of the infidel... No news.
spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 PM #57
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me! View Post
Thats true but their seriously is no need for half the hatred thrown at regular Muslims over this. Its just the media blowing everything out of proportion....as usual.
Yep, exactly. Unfortunately there's so many idiots in this country who are unable to distinguish between extrimists (of which there are very few) and normal Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
One man threatens to burn a Koran in the land of 9/11 and it makes international news and cries of racism.
A baying mob burns a Poppy on Armistice Day in the land of the infidel... No news.
Maybe it's because there were only 30 people there and it shouldnt be allowed to overshadow remembrance day?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 PM #58
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Maybe it's because there were only 30 people there and it shouldnt be allowed to overshadow remembrance day?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:28 PM #59
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not really true though is it, he attempted to create a widespread and publicised book-burning event, and anyway the press reaction to that was ridiculous as well. This story is being covered as well, it's just proportionate to the signficance of the protest in most outlets i.e. skynews just gave it a brief mention in their article about remembrance sunday - it deserved nothing more.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 PM #60
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
i.e. skynews just gave it a brief mention in their article about remembrance sunday - it deserved nothing more.
Yet it's the most talked about topic on most forums i've been on today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetGUdada8g
Scum bags.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 PM #61
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
I'm glad it wasn't mentioned in the news. The day wasn't about a few idiots burning poppys, it was about remembering our fallen hero's. Coverage is what they want. I'm glad the day didn't become about them.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:08 PM #62
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I'm glad it wasn't mentioned in the news. The day wasn't about a few idiots burning poppys, it was about remembering our fallen hero's. Coverage is what they want. I'm glad the day didn't become about them.
Well said.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 AM #63

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:

Quote:
Then "Britishness" should be characterised and defined by some sort of loyalty to the country in which one lives. If they want to enjoy the same rights and freedoms as the rest of us, the least they can do is display some loyalty and respect for this country, otherwise why the hell are they here? There's plenty of places in the world they can go if they don't like our culture, traditions and way of life.

That's one thing the yanks have got right - they don't pander to such nonsense, since all potential US citizens have to swear allegiance to the United States, which includes learning English (no costly interpreters for immigrants there).
English is not the national mandated language of the US though.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:49 AM #64

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
What utter drivel! If their so called "freedom of speech" includes inciting violence and hatred towards the very country they live in, then they are traitors, plain and simple and should be dealt with accordingly.
That may fly in the UK, but not in the US. People are allowed to say whatever they damn well please. However, in Britain, there is no protection of speech. So in essence, they don't have the right to say whatever they want.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:29 AM #65
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Muslims need to speak out more about the Minority that are disgracing them.. they always seem far to quiet when things like this happen.. it would help if they were more vocal about these protesters
The larger more peaceful Muslim communities did condemn this demonstration however most of the media decided not to run that part of the story.

Quote:
They have no allegiance to this country, so they have forfeited their citizenship as far as I'm concerned. They can't have it both ways.
Yes they can and clearly do, such is the state of the British Statute books.

Quote:
What utter drivel! If their so called "freedom of speech" includes inciting violence and hatred towards the very country they live in, then they are traitors, plain and simple and should be dealt with accordingly. It's about time some commonsense and logic were applied to these arseholes, instead of the usual politically correct twaddle that is trotted out by people living in their ivory towers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmein View Post
That may fly in the UK, but not in the US. People are allowed to say whatever they damn well please. However, in Britain, there is no protection of speech. So in essence, they don't have the right to say whatever they want.
While it is true that freedom of speech isnt actually a direct part of a statutory instrument (that is enshrined in the law) it is referrred to in numerous laws within the laws of the UK. It is classed as an accepted right provided it doesnt offend or threaten.

They arent commiting treason, as thats defined as a serious act of betrayal, any lawyer would have them walking within minutes if they were charged with such. There slogans are in line with some of the Islamic schools teachings. In that allah will consign those to hell who make war on his believers. That would be their defence.

What they could be charged with is breach of the peace, in that they are carrying out acts which are likely to cause offense to a reasonable person.

However in charging them for such it would enable them to gain lots more publicity, which is probably the reason the police didnt arrest and charge them.

The major question to bear in mind is if non muslim members of the public held a little demonstration with placards that carried some slogan like "Taliban burn in hell" would the police protect them or would they charge them with a public order offence? If it is the latter then thats discriminatory.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 AM #66
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

They should buy themselves plane tickets and leave.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:40 AM #67
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
They should buy themselves plane tickets and leave.
Ah but if they did that and left good old blighty for some Islamic utopia, they would lose the right to demonstrate, and their entitlements to benefits!
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:41 AM #68
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Ah but if they did that and left good old blighty for some Islamic utopia, they would lose the right to demonstrate, and their entitlements to benefits!
Very true.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:00 AM #69

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me! View Post
That's a rather naive response to a clearly documented, factual event, yet you choose to diminish its impact and importance - no wonder this country is in the ****! Give these fanatics an inch, and they take a mile. We are always hearing about how muslims are "offended" by our culture, our way of life, our traditions etc, and we bend over backwards to avoid offence. Yet these disrespectful, ignorant people think its fine to disrupt remembrance day to make political brownie points. So your argument that "the media is just blowing everything out of proportion" doesn't fly - it happened, it was obscene, obnoxious and inflammatory - there was no excuse for it and no place in our society for hate filled mobs, of any religion, political persuasion or ethnicity, inciting violence against anyone.

If Muslims don't want to all be tarred with the same brush, it's about time that they were more proactive and vocal about condemning these people, otherwise the rest of the population are entitled to draw their own conclusions about a section of society that appears to think it is above the law, abusing our tolerance and exploiting freedom of speech to cause offence, and incite VIOLENCE against our troops, and in a broader context, our very way of life. If these Muslims are British born, there is even more concern for alarm, since they have grown up here, been educated here and lived amongst us, yet are demonstrating their HATRED about our way of life, culture and traditions without one ounce of consideration or respect for our sensibilities and beliefs.

Respect, tolerance and consideration is a TWO WAY STREET, it's about time Muslims in this country accepted that. They are quick to DEMAND respect for their religion and culture, but they do very little to EARN it.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 AM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmein View Post
English is not the national mandated language of the US though.

It is the de facto language of the USA, with the vast majority of US citizens citing it as their mother tongue and with a 96% of the population able to speak it. My point is quite clear - the US makes no provision for the nonsense of providing interpreters for immigrants who wish to settle in the US. Furthermore, in order to become a US citizen, immigrants MUST take the Oath of Allegiance:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

It is also a requirement of US citizenship that they be able to speak ENGLISH.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:37 AM #71
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
X Factor 2010: Aiden Grimshaw
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
X Factor 2010: Aiden Grimshaw

Could not ******ing believe this when I heard this. Deport these disgusting people, it's a complete and utter abomination to disrespect people who fight for the country they live in. If they don't liken it, they should just ****.

twitter-- twitter.com/carackobama

CaraRawr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:58 AM #72
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

I actually feel something close to hatred for these crazy, disrepectful tossers!

They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it! Round them all up and throw them on a plane back to Allah land.. (fling a rucksack or two in after them too!)
Old 12-11-2010, 12:30 PM #73
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post

The major question to bear in mind is if non muslim members of the public held a little demonstration with placards that carried some slogan like "Taliban burn in hell" would the police protect them or would they charge them with a public order offence? If it is the latter then thats discriminatory.
I am almost certain it would be the latter. No way would the police protect british people who did something like that. Would probably be classed as a racial hate crime
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:35 PM #74
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I am almost certain it would be the latter. No way would the police protect british people who did something like that. Would probably be classed as a racial hate crime
or can you imagine If British protesters did that in a muslim country............

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 PM #75
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
or can you imagine If British protesters did that in a muslim country............
Exactly

Or what if some brit went over there to live, and named their teddy bear mohammed Such a terrible crime, probably death penalty for it

Such tolerance
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
burn, demonstration, emergency, muslim, poppy, protesters