Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 29-11-2010, 07:08 PM #1
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Default Will there be a Double Elimination this week or not? [+ some other questions]

Well? If there is a Double Elimination, assuming they're sticking to the same format - this would mean that only two acts would be automatically 'saved' during the results, and, in theory - these, you would think, would eventually end up being the final two during the Final...rendering the remaining two weeks a little pointless and predictable. Now of course they could have a Double Elimination without a sing-off, but would they really risk that entirely on a public vote? I would think [and hope] not. Which could mean we could have four acts in the Final...

Two other questions:

Does anyone else think Mary is now in with a chance of making the Final [assuming it's a four-act Final], as she should, theoretically, receive a rebound vote this week. And who would she be spared for? Cher? One Direction? Can't see it being anyone else, personally..

Finally - had Mary polled the least votes last night, and had Katie then surivived the sing-off, is it possible that she could've then received enough rebound votes to ensure her place in a hypothetical four-act Final? Again, I expect she'd have had to have been spared at the expense of Cher or One Direction, but does anyone think this would've been possible? Just curious.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 07:12 PM #2
0_o

0_o

It would be quite unfair to have the judges vote in the semi final...as effectively they would be guaranteeing one person a spot in the final :/
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 07:15 PM #3
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Hope so, we can get rid of Cher and Mary

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 07:16 PM #4
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

Oh i'm waiting for it's fixed in Cher's favour claims, the producers won't give a dam who makes it to the final but they do care about pocketing lots of money from the voting.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

Last edited by bbfan1991; 29-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 07:22 PM #5
Banned

Banned

I'm guessing there'll be another double unless they have 4 in the final. If it's a single then I think Mary's gonna go but in a double Cher would join her I think.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 08:12 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

I think it will be another double with mary being the obvious person to go but I have no idea who else
Old 29-11-2010, 08:37 PM #7
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
It would be quite unfair to have the judges vote in the semi final...as effectively they would be guaranteeing one person a spot in the final :/
I agree it would be totally unfair.
Also this is the first time the semi-final line up has not been totally decided by the public vote.

What is rediculous,is that in a programme like this which has since 2004 when it began, had the same set format of eliminations and transference to the public vote only in all series,now has so many questions as to what it will be doing next in this series.

There is the whole show on a Saturday followed by the Xtra Factor for an hour on ITV2, then the results show on the Sunday,again followed by an hour long Xtra Factor on ITV2, and never have the viewers been so badly informed or not informed at all as to what will happen the next week.

I wonder why?
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 09:10 PM #8
Z

Z

I think Cher is a goner next week regardless of how many people are going; Mary will benefit from the rebound vote; Rebecca and Matt will likely be performing at their best and One Direction will coast through on their support. I think it might be a four act final; and if Cher goes then each judge will have one act in the final which is quite interesting... I don't see why they wouldn't have four acts in the final this year tbh; they added four extra acts into the competition so why not add a fourth act to the line up of the final? I think anyone who survived this weekend just past would benefit from a vote rebound; so if Katie had survived then she could well have gone on to be in the final!
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 09:31 PM #9
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I agree it would be totally unfair.
Also this is the first time the semi-final line up has not been totally decided by the public vote.

What is rediculous,is that in a programme like this which has since 2004 when it began, had the same set format of eliminations and transference to the public vote only in all series,now has so many questions as to what it will be doing next in this series.

There is the whole show on a Saturday followed by the Xtra Factor for an hour on ITV2, then the results show on the Sunday,again followed by an hour long Xtra Factor on ITV2, and never have the viewers been so badly informed or not informed at all as to what will happen the next week.

I wonder why?
We have always been informed as to whether it's going to be a Double Elimination or just a single, Dermot announces it as soon as the lines open at the end of Saturday's show every single week. It has never, ever been unclear as to whether it's one or two people leaving.

Last edited by Jack_; 29-11-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 29-11-2010, 11:13 PM #10
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

There have been weeks where a double eliminination was expected to be done but was changed once we got to the Sunday show, that was the week Aiden went when of course, Aiden would have gone but likely so would have Katie.

Even Jeff Brazier who reports on the X Factor on a Monday for 'This Morning' said a double elimination had been expected but was changed leaving the need for at least still one further double elimination to be done.

The point is while Dermot did say it was a double elimination on Saturday night he did not clarify whether there was still to be a sing off on Sunday or if it was as it usually is now only down to the public vote.

At the start of the programme on Saturday Simon said in the VT. it was the week before the semi final, there are no 2nd chances now and the public decide who goes through. Then on Sunday we do have a sing off, never done before at this stage in any series before,so a 2nd chance was available.

A bit less rubbish talking on the shows and a bit more information for the public would be nice.
Lots of people on here on Saturday and Sunday were asking was there a sing off or was it down to the public now.

Clearly it wasn't completely clear at all.

Last edited by joeysteele; 29-11-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 30-11-2010, 11:46 AM #11
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There have been weeks where a double eliminination was expected to be done but was changed once we got to the Sunday show, that was the week Aiden went when of course, Aiden would have gone but likely so would have Katie.

Even Jeff Brazier who reports on the X Factor on a Monday for 'This Morning' said a double elimination had been expected but was changed leaving the need for at least still one further double elimination to be done.
A Double Elimination has never been 'expected', all it has been is tabloid/internet rumours that some people have chosen to believe. Until it has been confirmed by Dermot, technically, we should all 'expect' a single elimination. Internet/tabloid rumours are not fact - and nobody should chose to believe them and then 'expect' that they come true.

Quote:
The point is while Dermot did say it was a double elimination on Saturday night he did not clarify whether there was still to be a sing off on Sunday or if it was as it usually is now only down to the public vote.
The large majority of viewers won't even remember small details like that. To hardcore fans like me, you and others, we'll remember how the show works and when the system changes etc - but to most casual viewers they won't remember, nor will they care. So to clarify such small detail would be utterly pointless. Dermot has always announced when the sing-off was no longer going to be taking place in previous series, but to announce that it is going to be taking place, after it being the same way for seven weeks, would be a little stupid and pointless. It only needs to be announced when there's no sing-off, not when they're carrying on with the sing-off.

Quote:
At the start of the programme on Saturday Simon said in the VT. it was the week before the semi final, there are no 2nd chances now and the public decide who goes through. Then on Sunday we do have a sing off, never done before at this stage in any series before,so a 2nd chance was available.
He never said the bit in bold.

The 'there are no second chances' line is something that Simon and the Judges regularly say in those pre-title VT's. They are just generic lines that are repeated week after week, series after series. They don't mean anything, all they're used for is to dramatise the show a bit. Lines such as 'this is it' and 'it's what we've all been waiting for' and 'everyone needs to be on top of their game tonight' can be repeated week after week [and are repeated week after week] - they don't really mean anything, they're just generic, filler lines.

Last edited by Jack_; 30-11-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 30-11-2010, 01:03 PM #12
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I know I'm wasting my breath but what on earth does '' there are now 'no' 2nd chances now'' mean then, in a sing off there is always a 2nd chance.

So much time is wasted on drivel talk on both programmes both nights and not enough clear cut information given to the people who spend time and money voting on the show.

Even Be Shephard on This Morning that he had worked on the show and that when Simon says the public decides, they don't because he has taken the votes away from the public this series.

Anyway I think if you make such a big cahnge in the format as this has been this year and you want people to spend time and money voting on your show you can at least outline what is going to happen week by week.

A lot of people on here were asking too when was it just down to the public,so people would like to know and as viewers we have the right to know what format is in place before we should be expected to spend that money.

Dermot could easily have said, on Saturday, there will be a double eleimination tomorrow,and then could easily have added for 10 seconds more, so the act with least votes goes stright out and then the next 2 will perform in a sing off.

Furthermore if Konnis stopped talking trash the viewers could have been more emlightened on the Xtra Factor, I saw a fair few people on here on Sunday asking was it just the public vote now or is there still a sing off.

So at least some people would have liked to know and be informed properly and whats wrong with wanting to be fully informed properly anyway.
Old 30-11-2010, 02:00 PM #13
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I know I'm wasting my breath but what on earth does '' there are now 'no' 2nd chances now'' mean then, in a sing off there is always a 2nd chance.

So much time is wasted on drivel talk on both programmes both nights and not enough clear cut information given to the people who spend time and money voting on the show.

Even Be Shephard on This Morning that he had worked on the show and that when Simon says the public decides, they don't because he has taken the votes away from the public this series.

Anyway I think if you make such a big cahnge in the format as this has been this year and you want people to spend time and money voting on your show you can at least outline what is going to happen week by week.

A lot of people on here were asking too when was it just down to the public,so people would like to know and as viewers we have the right to know what format is in place before we should be expected to spend that money.

Dermot could easily have said, on Saturday, there will be a double eleimination tomorrow,and then could easily have added for 10 seconds more, so the act with least votes goes stright out and then the next 2 will perform in a sing off.

Furthermore if Konnis stopped talking trash the viewers could have been more emlightened on the Xtra Factor, I saw a fair few people on here on Sunday asking was it just the public vote now or is there still a sing off.

So at least some people would have liked to know and be informed properly and whats wrong with wanting to be fully informed properly anyway.
This forum is in no way representative of 16 million people. Just because a few hundred people on some internet forums want to know the very fine details of the format it doesn't mean they have to pander to their wishes and clarify what are, to the large majority, pretty pointless and predictable details. It's also worth noting that it only goes to the public vote when there's five acts left - there were seven left at the weekend. I think it's obvious to most that a Double Elimination entirely on a public vote will never happen [if it ever does then I'll be extremely surprised], and with seven acts left - eliminating just two before the Final would mean a five-act Final. Most people would realise this is far too large a number - and so would expect Double Eliminations, but with a sing-off incorporated.

Ben Shephard worked on X Factor four years ago, and then quit because he was bitter about not receiving the main presenting job. He knows nothing about what is happening on the show, it is purely media speculation.

I've already explained what the 'no second chances' line means anyway. It's a generic, filler line used for dramatic effect in the pre-title sequence VT. Other lines repeated over weeks and series include 'this is it', 'it's all to play for', 'this is the big one', 'it's the one you've all been waiting for', 'everyone has to up their game tonight'. All of these lines have been used in pre-title VT's on numerous different stages of the competition each year. They don't mean anything, and to most, are not taken literally.
Old 30-11-2010, 02:02 PM #14
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

They could do a double but just send home the two with the lowest votes rather than have a sing off

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 02:03 PM #15
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
They could do a double but just send home the two with the lowest votes rather than have a sing off
I doubt they'd ever risk that, like I said. I seriously hope not too.
Old 30-11-2010, 02:07 PM #16
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I doubt they'd ever risk that, like I said. I seriously hope not too.
How do you mean risk it? I mean there will only be one more show left after next results, they don't need anyone in for headlines now and realistically speaking none of the bottom 3 in next weeks show are going to win anyway.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 30-11-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 30-11-2010, 02:51 PM #17
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How do you mean risk it? I mean there will only be one more show left after next results, they don't need anyone in for headlines now and realistically speaking none of the bottom 3 in next weeks show are going to win anyway.
Because, let's say for some strange, and very unlikely reason, Matt or Rebecca ends up polling the second least votes - purely because their fans got complacent. I'm very sure they wouldn't want to lose one of them two, and neither would their fans. I just don't like the idea either - it puts a lot more pressure on fans to vote for their favourites and means the vote can swing any way possible. I just don't like the risk that's involved. It's hard to explain why it's a 'risk' but hopefully other people will understand what I mean...
Old 30-11-2010, 02:54 PM #18
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Because, let's say for some strange, and very unlikely reason, Matt or Rebecca ends up polling the second least votes - purely because their fans got complacent. I'm very sure they wouldn't want to lose one of them two, and neither would their fans. I just don't like the idea either - it puts a lot more pressure on fans to vote for their favourites and means the vote can swing any way possible. I just don't like the risk that's involved. It's hard to explain why it's a 'risk' but hopefully other people will understand what I mean...
This is very very unlikely to happen in the semi final tbh :/
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 30-11-2010, 03:12 PM #19
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

If someone says to me there are no 2nd chances then that should mean no 2nd chances.
Since they have mucked about so much this year just to keep happy a certain mentor/judge, then its time those votes were taken away altogether from the judges now.
Ben Shephard did work on the show years ago but he was talking to Jeff Brazier who covers the X Factor for THIS MORNING and also is usually involved on Finals night.

The funny thing is Jack, but I talk to a lot of people who watch X Factor from fellow Students, to Friends and Family and also people around me where I am at the moment and the thing is they too would like to know why it hasn't gone to the public vote only yet, or why for the first time in 7 series the public have not been the sole deciders of who was in the semi-finals.

I think you may find more people would like the answers to that then you think.
Most people I talk to whether I know them or not, think there is loads fishy about the way X Factor has been done this year.

I think its time to have the format as, the acts perform,then the bottom 2 once known sing again,then their lines are then opened again for a while to allow the public to decide each week who goes.
That's what they do for the finals and then it would put an end to all suspicions and doubts as to the integrity of the show.
Old 30-11-2010, 03:14 PM #20
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Totally agree Vicky,
Old 30-11-2010, 03:15 PM #21
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
at this stage in the game, semi final and final left only, it should be completely down to the public imo If that means rebecca or matt went so be it. There is only 5 of them left and they all are talented in their own way, it should now be left to the public to decide.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 30-11-2010, 03:22 PM #22
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Fair point I guess.

Quote:
If someone says to me there are no 2nd chances then that should mean no 2nd chances.
Since they have mucked about so much this year just to keep happy a certain mentor/judge, then its time those votes were taken away altogether from the judges now.
Ben Shephard did work on the show years ago but he was talking to Jeff Brazier who covers the X Factor for THIS MORNING and also is usually involved on Finals night.

The funny thing is Jack, but I talk to a lot of people who watch X Factor from fellow Students, to Friends and Family and also people around me where I am at the moment and the thing is they too would like to know why it hasn't gone to the public vote only yet, or why for the first time in 7 series the public have not been the sole deciders of who was in the semi-finals.

I think you may find more people would like the answers to that then you think.
Most people I talk to whether I know them or not, think there is loads fishy about the way X Factor has been done this year.

I think its time to have the format as, the acts perform,then the bottom 2 once known sing again,then their lines are then opened again for a while to allow the public to decide each week who goes.
That's what they do for the finals and then it would put an end to all suspicions and doubts as to the integrity of the show.
Yes, but on the other hand, no one I have spoken to has ever once raised concerns about 'the integrity' of the show or how it is being formatted. Never. Not once.

With seven acts left, there was just too many to go straight to a public vote. As I said before, it's usually five acts left before they go entirely to the public vote. So if there is a Judges Vote this week, then yes, maybe there is cause for concern. I personally feel the Double Eliminations should've been done at the beginning of the Live Shows - all of them, to get them out of the way. But that's not how it was done, and we just have to deal with that. The fact is - with seven acts left, they have never reverted to the public vote entirely in previous series.

Quote:
at this stage in the game, semi final and final left only, it should be completely down to the public imo If that means rebecca or matt went so be it. There is only 5 of them left and they all are talented in their own way, it should now be left to the public to decide.
I agree from this week onwards it should be down to the public vote entirely, just on a single elimination only. Getting rid of two entirely on a public vote, is, to me, IMO, far too risky. It's never happened before and to be honest, I never want it to. I don't want four acts in the Final either, really, but if that's the way it has to be - then I'm fine with that. But yes, I do agree that it should be down to the public vote from this week onwards.
Old 30-11-2010, 03:28 PM #23
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Fair point I guess.

Yes, but on the other hand, no one I have spoken to has ever once raised concerns about 'the integrity' of the show or how it is being formatted. Never. Not once.

With seven acts left, there was just too many to go straight to a public vote. As I said before, it's usually five acts left before they go entirely to the public vote. So if there is a Judges Vote this week, then yes, maybe there is cause for concern. I personally feel the Double Eliminations should've been done at the beginning of the Live Shows - all of them, to get them out of the way. But that's not how it was done, and we just have to deal with that. The fact is - with seven acts left, they have never reverted to the public vote entirely in previous series.

I agree from this week onwards it should be down to the public vote entirely, just on a single elimination only. Getting rid of two entirely on a public vote, is, to me, IMO, far too risky. It's never happened before and to be honest, I never want it to. I don't want four acts in the Final either, really, but if that's the way it has to be - then I'm fine with that. But yes, I do agree that it should be down to the public vote from this week onwards.
well, In my opinion they should have done all 4 doubles at the start anyway

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 30-11-2010, 03:30 PM #24
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's what I said
Old 30-11-2010, 03:30 PM #25
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Agree with this.

Get the doubles out of the way early on.
Quote:
Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
double, elimination, questions, week