Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:00 PM #26
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I had never even heard of this story tbh before now

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:01 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
No not a retrial, appeals hearings are currently underway, both for prosecution (to increase the sentence) and defence appeals (re examination of forensic evidence and the trial judges rulings on it). They have been for a few months.

Its pre-release publicity for the movie covering the murder and trial.
Oh. Well doesn't matter what background you come from. Whatever crime you did.. you do the time and should not get special treatment for whoever you are.
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 AM #28

The film shows the murder from different points of views. It shows events as the prosecution describes, also as Amanda's defence see's it. So they show both sides of the story.

I'm looking forward to this movie. I've been following the story for quite a while, and it is a very fascinating case.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

I'm sure the Kercher family are over the moon that their daughter's brutal murder will be providing prime time entertainment for the masses, and millions of dollars for the film makers - so nice to know she didn't die in vain eh?
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:34 AM #30
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
I'm sure the Kercher family are over the moon that their daughter's brutal murder will be providing prime time entertainment for the masses, and millions of dollars for the film makers - so nice to know she didn't die in vain eh?
Yeah I agree Angus.. I think it's disgraceful that this film is being made. The media have glamourised a murderer, which lets face it wouldn't have happened had she been a plain Jane. During the trial, I found it REALLY distasteful having to read about "Foxy Knoxy" .

I certainly will not be watching this film
Old 05-02-2011, 10:12 AM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyland View Post
Yeah I agree Angus.. I think it's disgraceful that this film is being made. The media have glamourised a murderer, which lets face it wouldn't have happened had she been a plain Jane. During the trial, I found it REALLY distasteful having to read about "Foxy Knoxy" .

Same here. I haven't forgotten how she smirked and preened herself in court - irrespective of whether she was innocent or guilty - it was inappropriate and insensitive. Personally, I believe she and her boyfriend are guilty as hell - there are so many inconsistencies with their alibis and testimony. It will be a travesty if this film influences the decision of the appeal judges. I feel for the Kercher family who clearly don't have the big bucks necessary to get an injunction to prevent this film being screened.

It is very telling that they have chosen a glamourous, immensely popular and famous actress to play Knox, yet a complete unknown to play Kercher. They are also going to film scenes showing the murder of this poor girl. If that were my child, I would be going insane right now. But that's the Americans for you - money and looks talk and to hell with the truth.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 AM #32
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Films have always been made about high publicised crimes, it's nothing new.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM #33

This case does not only effect the Kercher family. And Amanda's family, the Knox's deserve justice too.

The idea that just because the victim's family will suffer a trauma, that we shouldn't explore all the information is ridiculous.

Meredith will not receive justice by demonizing AMANDA. I'm sure Meredith would want JUSTICE to be done. and for the TRUE guilty person to be punished.

There is a lot more to this case than most people realize.

Last edited by lostalex; 05-02-2011 at 10:22 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyland View Post
During the trial, I found it REALLY distasteful having to read about "Foxy Knoxy" .

Just to tell you, it's the PRESS that ran with the "foxy knoxy" thing. The truth about "foxy knoxy" is that it was a nickname given to her when she was 8 years old on her pee-wee soccer team, because she was quick like a fox. It had nothing to do with being good looking. But the press ran with it, and turned it into something sexual.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:29 AM #35
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Just to tell you, it's the PRESS that ran with the "foxy knoxy" thing. The truth about "foxy knoxy" is that it was a nickname given to her when she was 8 years old on her pee-wee soccer team, because she was quick like a fox. It had nothing to do with being good looking. But the press ran with it, and turned it into something sexual.
Yeah.. that's what I mean.The press should not be allowed to glamourise and sexualise a murderer. It's distasteful. I notice the men involved in the case aren't getting quite the same attention.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This case does not only effect the Kercher family. And Amanda's family, the Knox's deserve justice too.

The idea that just because the victim's family will suffer a trauma, that we shouldn't explore all the information is ridiculous.

Meredith will not receive justice by demonizing AMANDA. I'm sure Meredith would want JUSTICE to be done. and for the TRUE guilty person to be punished.

There is a lot more to this case than most people realize.
They've already got the guilty parties - end of discussion. It will be a travesty of justice if Knox gets away with it, especially if this piece of propaganda is aired before the apeals. The Kercher family have lost a daughter FOREVER - I have no sympathy for the killers.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM #37

Quote:
They've already got the guilty parties - end of discussion. It will be a travesty of justice if Knox gets away with it, especially if this piece of propaganda is aired before the apeals. The Kercher family have lost a daughter FOREVER - I have no sympathy for the killers.
You obviously know very little about the evidence in this case. Every British lawyer that looked at this case has said that Amanda would NOT have been convicted in the UK based on the evidence presented. Same for the US.

If you feel this strongly, you should be campaigning to change your own justice system to be be more in line with Italy's. Italy still has thew same justice system it had during the Inquisition days.

Italy has a very old and primitive justice system.

Last edited by lostalex; 05-02-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, that explains why she was smirking, pouting and preening herself during the trial. If anyone has courted that opinion of her, it's Knox herself.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM #39

Quote:
Yeah, that explains why she was smirking, pouting and preening herself during the trial. If anyone has courted that opinion of her, it's Knox herself.

umm, if she was guilty, wouldn't she be worried and sad, and anxious?? If you'd just been accussed by the police of something you DID do, you'd be scared ****less, you wouldn't SMILE. If she was GUILTY as you seem to think, why would she be smiling? WOuldn't only someone who DIDN"T have a guilty conscious smile? because she knew she had nothing to worry about?

If she was guilty, then how could she be so light hearted about it? Obviously she was light hearted, because she believed in the justice sysrtem, that she had nothing to worry about because she was INNOCENT.

You make no sense.

Europeans hate seeing Americans happy and confident, because Europeans can't accept American superiority. Europeans are bitter about it, they want to punish Americans wherever possible for being superior. This is the basis of this whole case. Punish the American.

Last edited by lostalex; 05-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 PM #40
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
umm, if she was guilty, wouldn't she be worried and sad, and anxious?? If you'd just been accussed by the police of something you DID do, you'd be scared ****less, you wouldn't SMILE. If she was GUILTY as you seem to think, why would she be smiling? WOuldn't only someone who DIDN"T have a guilty conscious smile? because she knew she had nothing to worry about?

If she was guilty, then how could she be so light hearted about it? Obviously she was light hearted, because she believed in the justice sysrtem, that she had nothing to worry about because she was INNOCENT.

You make no sense.

Europeans hate seeing American's happy and confident, because Europeans can't accept American superiority. Europeans are bitter about it, they want to punish American's wherever possible for being superior. This is the basis of this whole case. Punish the American.
Oh dear god. Why do you always come out with that pathetic childish argument, pick on the spams because we are so much better than you.

You are like your country, immature, full of ***t and self importance.

Even your own state department refused to back up Maria Cantwell's claim of anti American bias.
There were three people found guilty of the murder only one was American. Two were Italian so does that make the Italian judge guilty of anti American and anti Italian behaviour?

Last edited by Shasown; 05-02-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You obviously know very little about the evidence in this case. Every British lawyer that looked at this case has said that Amanda would NOT have been convicted in the UK based on the evidence presented. Same for the US.

If you feel this strongly, you should be campaigning to change your own justice system to be be more in line with Italy's. Italy still has thew same justice system it had during the Inquisition days.

Italy has a very old and primitive justice system.

Let's hope it spectacularly backfires on her since I understand the prosecution are also appealing for a longer sentence. As for Italy having a very old and primitive justice system, I should look in your own backyard my dear - especially some of the individual state statutes are positively medieval and gung ho. Pot, Kettle springs to mind. You don't even HAVE a joined up justice system FFS
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM #42

Quote:

You are like your country, immature, full of ***t and self importance.

Thank you for illustrating my point. lol

And Amanda Knox got a fair trial from people with this attitude towards Americans. Yea right. *rolls eyes*

Last edited by lostalex; 05-02-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM #43

Quote:
Let's hope it spectacularly backfires on her since I understand the prosecution are also appealing for a longer sentence. As for Italy having a very old and primitive justice system, I should look in your own backyard my dear - especially some of the individual state statutes are positively medieval and gung ho. Pot, Kettle springs to mind. You don't even HAVE a joined up justice system FFS
i find it incredibly disturbing that you seem to take some sort of pleasure from the idea that Amanda will get a longer sentence. It doesn't effect me in any way. I have no plans on visiting your corrupt ****ed up continent anytime soon, so it doesn't matter to me. But the fact that you take PLEASURE in an American being in jail in primitive Italy says everything about you. Italy is the Mexico of Europe.

You have no conscience obviously.

Last edited by lostalex; 05-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i find it incredibly disturbing that you seem to take some sort of pleasure from the idea that Amanda will get a longer sentence. It doesn't effect me in any way. I have no plans on visiting your ancient ****ed up continent anytime soon, so it doesn't matter to me. But the fact that you take PLEASURE in an American being in jain in primitive Italy says everything about you.

You have no conscience obviously.

Not everything is about America my dear. I don't give a flying ***** whether she's American, Chinese, English, Portugese or whatever. She's a killer and I hope she gets what she deserves. It's bloody hypocritical and patronising to accuse Italy, who abolished capital punishment in 1948, of having an antiquated justice system when you still have thousands of prisoners on death row in the United States - that paragon of virtue and shining example to the rest of the world
Old 05-02-2011, 12:44 PM #45
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Thank you for illustrating my point. lol

And Amanda Knox got a fair trial from people with this attitude towards Americans. Yea right. *rolls eyes*
I am not Italian, I had nothing to do with her trial.

If you are going to criticise another country's system of justice you should make sure your own justice system is beyond reproach.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM #46

Quote:
If you are going to criticise another country's system of justice you should make sure your own justice system is beyond reproach.
That doesn't make any sense at all. The idea that any countries system of justice is perfect is dumb. Name a single country that hasn't puyt an innocent person in jail. Name just one.

You can't. So basically your saying no one in the world can critisize any trial around the world, just because no justice system is perfect?

That actually makes sense to you??

That's stupid.

Last edited by lostalex; 05-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense at all. The idea that any countries system of justice is perfect is dumb. Name a single country that hasn't puyt an innocent person in jail. Name just one.

You can't. So basically your saying no one in the world can critisize any trial around the world, just because no justice system is perfect?

That's stupid.

Sad attempt at backtracking. And still no comment from you on the fact that USA puts killers to death, whereas Italy gives them indefinite room and board?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM #48
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:

That's stupid.
Not quite as clever as you seem are you?

I am simply using your own debating style against you, when you talk crap, I do, when you start insulting other countries because of your over inflated ego I will criticise your country.

When you debate sensibly with valid points, I will debate sensible valid points with you.

Why does your State Department not back up Maria Cantwell's claims of Anti American Bias in the trial, in fact they made a statement to the opposite effect.

Last edited by Shasown; 05-02-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:55 PM #49

The USA has not executed anyone in over a hundred years. You may be talking about specific states and specific cases, i dunno. WHich case would you like to discuss specifically? You should make a thread about it.

We are talking about Amanda Knox though, IN ITALY.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM #50

Quote:
Not quite as clever as you seem are you?

I am simply using your own debating style against you, when you talk crap, I do, when you start insulting other countries because of your over inflated ego I will criticise your country.

When you debate sensibly with valid points, I will debate sensible valid points with you.

Why does your State Department not back up Maria Cantwell's claims of Anti American Bias in the trial, in fact they made a statement to the opposite effect.
WHAT THE THE STATE DEPARTMENT HAVE TO DO WITH AMANDA'S CASE? THE STATE DEPARTMENT HAS NO MADE ANY COMMENT EIGTHER WAY.

oops caps.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
foxy, hayden, knoxy, panettiere, played