Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] Series 8 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis.

Old 28-11-2011, 02:35 AM #1
Honourary Super Moderator

Default Janet forgetting her words

Dunno if this has been said but apparently she didn't. The poor lass got that feeling where you're going to be sick happen. You know when saliva rushes and rushes into your mouth? Awful feeling No wonder she stopped singing. I'd have run off stage!
Kerry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 02:43 AM #2
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

Yeah I think she did said she felt she was going to be sick and had been feeling that backstage before her performance as well, I guess it's surprising that she managed to carry on considering
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 02:45 AM #3

I couldn't have. I detest that feeling. I think she said she felt the same in her second performance too. She certainly didn't look great :/
Kerry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 08:01 AM #4

Production team made little note of that too in Sundays VT instead just making the point she forgot her words.
MusicXian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 08:06 AM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I think she has been covered badly in that, she didn't forget the words as Kerry pointed out but even last night the judges were still going on about it as to forgetting your words at this stage of the competition,
Never mind, from Amelia coming back in, Louis had changed a lot from thinking Janet was the one to beat, and Gary has near had it in for her from week 2 anyway.

Kelly should have made a far stronger defence of her as to not forgetting her words but that she felt she was going to be sick,for some reason she didn't, she sure would have for Mishah though had it been her and not Janet.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 08:15 AM #6

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:

She should have been sick! Would have been fun to watch
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 08:18 AM #7

Yeah was rather strange how when she said she thought she was going to be sick, 1 judge said because you were nervous (e.g not prepared) they even hinted at that in the decision. Think it was Tulisa who said in keeping the act who wants it more, as of to say Janet just forgets her words because she doesn't prepare.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:18 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
She should have been sick! Would have been fun to watch
She probably would have got more sympathy votes
Old 28-11-2011, 08:30 AM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

She should have let it come and deposited it right in front of Mr Barlow too.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:56 AM #10

Quite funny how they completely stagnated her performance of Under The Bridge as nothing good at all, whether or not you like her, if you are going to rave about 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' or 'Fix You' like they did earlier in the competition then this performance was up there with both of them, similar style of vocals too, so as I said you couldn't rave about 1 performance and not like the other. Its basically a worst kind of contradiction.

It was more a comeback performance from her after the first showing, but they put the blanket over that rather quickly passing it off as a poor performance from her.

BTW I thought it may have been an excuse at first, but watching over she even pulled the mic away from her first just before she was to come for the next verse so does look like she nearly threw up. Poor girl, least the X-Factor sham is over for her now.

Last edited by MusicXian; 28-11-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 28-11-2011, 10:05 AM #11
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicXian View Post
Quite funny how they completely stagnated her performance of Under The Bridge as nothing good at all, whether or not you like her, if you are going to rave about 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' or 'Fix You' like they did earlier in the competition then this performance was up there with both of them, similar style of vocals too, so as I said you couldn't rave about 1 performance and not like the other. Its basically a worst kind of contradiction.

It was more a comeback performance from her after the first showing, but they put the blanket over that rather quickly passing it off as a poor performance from her.

BTW I thought it may have been an excuse at first, but watching over she even pulled the mic away from her first just before she was to come for the next verse so does look like she nearly threw up. Poor girl, least the X-Factor sham is over for her now.
I agree with all this and I think it was just as well she was knocked out yesterday, as much as I liked her, don't think it was good for.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 10:45 AM #12
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

She hasn't argued the point on This Morning show,in fact she agreed she forgot the words.

That's a long way from what was said over the weekend. It will be interesting to see what is said much later when the show is well finished for this year,they do get tied up with all sorts of things they can't say or not do until the tour is over so maybe we will never get an answer to this really now.

I still go with the 'she felt she was likely going to be sick' as that is what she said herself 'live' before anyone got to her.I am near sure if she felt she was really going to be sick anyway then the words to the song would have gone out of her mind totally.

I think she is a great talent and a great find too however it's more evidence of how the X Factor shows and themed weeks actually bring out the worst of the acts rather than concentrate on their best. Making singers sing songs they wouldn't touch in a million years normally is not bringing out their best it's stifling their best.

Last edited by joeysteele; 28-11-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 28-11-2011, 10:50 AM #13
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
She hasn't argued the point on This Morning show,in fact she agreed she forgot the words.

That's a long way from what was said over the weekend. It will be interesting to see what is said much later when the show is well finished for this year,they do get tied up with all sorts of things they can't say or not do until the tour is over so maybe we will never get an answer to this really now.

I still go with the 'she felt she was likely going to be sick' as that is what she said herself 'live' before anyone got to her.I am near sure if she felt she was really going to be sick anyway then the words to the song would have gone out of her mind totally.

I think she is a great talent and a great find too however it's more evidence of how the X Factor shows and themed weeks actually bring out the worst of the acts rather than concentrate on their best. Making singers sing songs they wouldn't touch in a million years normally is not bringing out their best it's stifling their best.
Yeah, exactly Joey. Most singers aren't versatile, they sing in a particular style that suits them. They want people to be versatile yet at the same time slate them for not "knowing who they are and what direction they want to take"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 28-11-2011, 10:51 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

Morning Joey
LOL...I had to re read that part...I thought it said 'Making gingers sing songs....'
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 10:52 AM #15

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Morning Joey
LOL...I had to re read that part...I thought it said 'Making gingers sing songs....'
nooo
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 11:06 AM #16

I agree, themed weeks really are bad. Of course in a way the show will argue they are looking for singers who are diverse and who have the 'X-Factor'... however singers like Janet who are unique, but can only do a similar style, are always going to fail with some of these themes.
Old 28-11-2011, 11:07 AM #17

joey who was asking Janet the questions on This Morning? Anywhere I can get a video of part of it. If it was Holly Willowbooby I hope Janet jumped out and pulled her hair out
Old 28-11-2011, 11:17 AM #18

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicXian View Post
joey who was asking Janet the questions on This Morning? Anywhere I can get a video of part of it. If it was Holly Willowbooby I hope Janet jumped out and pulled her hair out
It was both Holly and Philip, though Jeff did ask her one question
Old 28-11-2011, 11:19 AM #19

Holly and Jeff have been saying how crap Janet is for weeks now, think its really unfair both of them ask the questions.
Old 28-11-2011, 11:21 AM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

I know, you could tell they were jumping up and down inside when asking the questions, they tried to sound sympathetic but I'm pretty sure they rushed through it because Janet's interview felt shorter than Craig's was last week
Old 28-11-2011, 11:44 AM #21
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

I honestly have to say that I don't believe she felt sick - I really don't. She forgot her words a few weeks back. To do it again at such a crucial point in the competition would have been unforgiveable - she's not a daft lassie, she'll have known that I'm sure. I say that, not because I haven't taken to her or her voice, but because of what I watched when it happened.

She did it twice during the song, at the very start, and then the very obvious part - and when it was clear she simply couldn't remember what was next: she looked at the judges panel and made the action with her mouth (which to me, came across as ''oh hell I cant remember the lines - I'm lost here ) and she only started signing again once there was a vocal singing cue, and then she picked up again.

If she HAD been feeling so very sick and trying to stop being ill - having gone through 'that' above scenario - I'd have thought that would have been enough for the stomach to empty itself. As for nerves: how much were her hands trembling or did her nerves only reach her stomach.

Sorry folks, but I'm not buying it. She forget the words, plain and simple.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 11:47 AM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I, on the other hand believe she felt like she was going to be sick. She was singing mmbop for Gods sake, I think it's far more likely she felt ill rather than forget any of the 3 words in the song.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 28-11-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 28-11-2011, 11:52 AM #23
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I, on the other hand believe she felt like she was going to be sick. She was singing mmbop for Gods sake, I think it's far more likely she felt ill to forget any of the 3 words in the song.
Absolutely fair enough comment, I'm sure many will agree with you that they feel she's being honest about being ready to be sick/going to be sick.

I genuinely don't.

I honestly do think she gives out this very quiet, almost shy to a point, innocent young thing image when she's far from it. Even her words after it: "I can't wait to leave this and get my own work out there" - there is just something I find about her that's arrogant - but she tries to hide it.
Old 28-11-2011, 11:52 AM #24
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I, on the other hand believe she felt like she was going to be sick. She was singing mmbop for Gods sake, I think it's far more likely she felt ill rather than forget any of the 3 words in the song.
mmbarf...I corrected that for you
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 11:53 AM #25
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
mmbarf...I corrected that for you
Just as well I never mentioned it, coz I thought it was called MMMbop !!!

Mmmmm...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
forgetting, janet, words