Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Was the Big Man right or wrong to throw the boy off the train?
Right 23 56.10%
Right
23 56.10%
Wrong 18 43.90%
Wrong
18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-12-2011, 07:16 PM #26
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethlehem View Post
I think if he really did pay the fare then it would have been found out before him being chucked off the train.
I dont think so it seemed to escalated pretty quickly

Last edited by Ramsay; 13-12-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:17 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
But we dont know if the kid was in the wrong at all
If i was him and i bought a ticket and was accused of trying to get a free ride i wouldnt leave, i'd tell the old guy to **** off and stay where i am
For all we know thats what happened and this big ****er thinks its his place to physically throw the kid out and then gets APPLAUDED makes me sick
It could just be a huge misunderstanding and at the end of the day they should of let the proper authorities deal with it
Even if he had bought the wrong ticket (a single instead of a return by the sounds of it), he should have still left the train in that situation. Being stubborn like that, holding up hundreds of passengers and potentially other trains is selfish no matter how you look at it, even if there was a misunderstanding. Sort it out off the train, and then get the next one. Even if he had to be somewhere, he had to get that train, I'm willing to bet collectively the other people's journey was a lot more important than his own.
Samuel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:18 PM #28
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Considering I've already stated once in this thread that I don't for one second agree with fare dodging, that is complete and utter bull****.

Fare dodging is theft and it annoys me, however hauling a 19 year old out of a train when he wasn't violent towards anyone himself is uncalled for. It didn't concern him and not only that, as Karl has already mentioned, who is to say the 'fare dodger' was completely in the wrong? Without the full story he has even less of a right to take matters into his own hands.

Just because I don't agree with what the 'big man' in this video did, it doesn't mean I agree with fare dodging. Alright?
The fare dodger must have been in the wrong as everybody else on the train was siding with the big man.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:18 PM #29
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Considering I've already stated once in this thread that I don't for one second agree with fare dodging, that is complete and utter bull****.

Fare dodging is theft and it annoys me, however hauling a 19 year old out of a train when he wasn't violent towards anyone himself is uncalled for. It didn't concern him and not only that, as Karl has already mentioned, who is to say the 'fare dodger' was completely in the wrong? Without the full story he has even less of a right to take matters into his own hands.

Just because I don't agree with what the 'big man' in this video did, it doesn't mean I agree with fare dodging. Alright?
It's my opinion - and it's not bullsh*t.

The laddo was asked to remove himself, and get off the train numerous times. He choose not to. He was then assisted in leaving by force. Not a thing wrong with that. Alright.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:20 PM #30
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
Actually Jack, it is MY business: even though I wasn't even on the train. Monies from train fares are liable for taxation, which hits the public purse. If those monies are depleted due to arseholes like this guy: the defecit has to be made up from some other sector. In effect: we ALL pay it.

How much of your hard earned wages go into the pubic purse......
The words 'straw' and 'clutching' come to mind, seems like a pretty indirect way of saying it is your business to me.

Once again, I don't agree with fare dodging, but the man who seems to think he can take matters into his own hands is also in the wrong. Because no, it isn't any of his business...it is the business of the relevant authorities that would deal with the case properly. Had that have been the case, chances are the 19 year old would have had to have paid up anyway, all that without having been unnecessarily hauled off a train by a fellow customer in the meantime.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:20 PM #31
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ain-train.html

Seems it was just a misunderstanding
The kid was half asleep and handed him the wrong ticket it seems and **** got way out of hand way too fast
Old 13-12-2011, 07:22 PM #32
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethlehem View Post
The fare dodger must have been in the wrong as everybody else on the train was siding with the big man.
Yes, everyone who had paid their way.

Unfortunately, it's ones like this guy that give others in their generation a bad name.

I'd love to a return ticket to the Maldives - so in effect, I should only buy a one way ticket and sneak my way back home again and not be expected to leave the plane when I'm requested to do so but should be allowed to remain in my seat until we reach the return destination. It's exactly the same thing this guy was wanting to get away with only on a grander scale.

*looks out holiday clothes, packs suitcase, orders one way flight*

Last edited by Pyramid*; 13-12-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:26 PM #33
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

The kid was half asleep and handed him the wrong ticket it seems and **** got way out of hand way too fast
That's no ones fault but his. How do you know it got out of hand way too fast...... judging by other people's voices and irritation I doubt it. Also as Jordan pointed out: trains have timetable to stick to, other passengers have places to go, to be at, to arrive at on time. One hears the public moan and bitch about trains being late, appointments missed etc: well you have guys like this idiot to thank for holding up train journeys.

You go into any train station and onto any train and it tells you to have your ticket ready for inspection.

He didn't. Couldn't provide it - he'll learn.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 13-12-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:28 PM #34
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's my opinion - and it's not bullsh*t.
Yes it is bull****, because you said that anybody in this thread moaning about how 'OTT' it was (which I am one of), would moan about the lack of public train services, implying that I am perfectly alright with his fare dodging which would lead to that eventual consequence.

However, since I stated in my second post in this thread that I didn't agree with the fare dodging, I am quite obviously not alright with it. And I stated that in this thread, which was clear for you to read before you assumed that I, amongst others who objected the 'big mans' actions, would moan about the lack of public train services.

So yes. Yes it is bull****.

Quote:
The laddo was asked to remove himself, and get off the train numerous times. He choose not to. He was then assisted in leaving by force. Not a thing wrong with that. Alright.
The guy himself didn't once use physical force towards anybody though, and so the 'big man' had even less of a right intervening with physical force. There is no excuse whatsoever for unnecessary displays of physical force/violence, unless used in self defence or in extreme cases.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:29 PM #35
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

So its his fault he was half asleep and gave the man the wrong ticket which he thought was the right one..yeah of course its his fault..of course people dont ever make mistakes
Old 13-12-2011, 07:30 PM #36
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
The words 'straw' and 'clutching' come to mind, seems like a pretty indirect way of saying it is your business to me.

Once again, I don't agree with fare dodging, but the man who seems to think he can take matters into his own hands is also in the wrong. Because no, it isn't any of his business...it is the business of the relevant authorities that would deal with the case properly. Had that have been the case, chances are the 19 year old would have had to have paid up anyway, all that without having been unnecessarily hauled off a train by a fellow customer in the meantime.

No indirect insult to you at all.

I'm sure when you've worked nearly 30 years, paying through the nose in taxes - you'll have a better understanding of why people were so pissed off at this guy.

That's not an insult Jack, that's pretty much fact.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:32 PM #37
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

The dude was obviously drunk if he was out celebrating so it was just a big misunderstanding
Can we all just leave it at that?
Old 13-12-2011, 07:32 PM #38
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Yes it is bull****, because you said that anybody in this thread moaning about how 'OTT' it was (which I am one of), would moan about the lack of public train services, implying that I am perfectly alright with his fare dodging which would lead to that eventual consequence.

However, since I stated in my second post in this thread that I didn't agree with the fare dodging, I am quite obviously not alright with it. And I stated that in this thread, which was clear for you to read before you assumed that I, amongst others who objected the 'big mans' actions, would moan about the lack of public train services.

So yes. Yes it is bull****.

The guy himself didn't once use physical force towards anybody though, and so the 'big man' had even less of a right intervening with physical force. There is no excuse whatsoever for unnecessary displays of physical force/violence, unless used in self defence or in extreme cases.
I LOVE the way you give it the big dramatics........ you'd think the guy had been kicked up and down the passageway the way you're going on.

You're just annoyed because some people aren't agreeing with you. C'est la vie.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:34 PM #39

Big Man
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:35 PM #40
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Knew it wouldn't be completely one-sided, as not many things are. If this does happen to be true the 'big man' in question should be forced to apologise, compensate and then be banned from using train services on the ScotRail network.

The same should happen in reverse to the 19 year old if it doesn't turn out to be true.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:36 PM #41
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
The dude was obviously drunk if he was out celebrating so it was just a big misunderstanding
Can we all just leave it at that?
Great. I'm going to go out tonight, get plastered then sneak my way into the local Mercedes garage, get myself a comfy seat in the latest convertible model: and when I'm asked to remove myself - I'll kick up hell, curse the person asking me to leave.......... and then expect everyone to feel sorry for me.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:39 PM #42
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Knew it wouldn't be completely one-sided, as not many things are. If this does happen to be true the 'big man' in question should be forced to apologise, compensate and then be banned from using train services on the ScotRail network.

The same should happen in reverse to the 19 year old if it doesn't turn out to be true.
guess you are ignoring the fact that tickets have to be made readily available for inspection...... and you're ignoring the fact that yobbo was unable to produce something he said he had paid for.

How convenient.

I'd like you to try that one out when your in a shop - pay cash for goods, and then continue to stay in that shop. You get pulled over for shoplifting and cannot find your receipt. Let's see how you get on.

Old 13-12-2011, 07:39 PM #43
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Meh, he deserved it
Old 13-12-2011, 07:40 PM #44
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No indirect insult to you at all.

I'm sure when you've worked nearly 30 years, paying through the nose in taxes - you'll have a better understanding of why people were so pissed off at this guy.

That's not an insult Jack, that's pretty much fact.
I understand that (I'm sure you'll say I won't, but hopefully you understand what I mean) and I don't take it as an insult, but my point is - no matter how pissed off you may feel, and no matter how much you may think it concerns you, it does not. It's the duty of the relevant authorities, not regular folk who think they can step in and act as security.

Quote:
I LOVE the way you give it the big dramatics........ you'd think the guy had been kicked up and down the passageway the way you're going on.

You're just annoyed because some people aren't agreeing with you. C'est la vie.
You're making no sense. And you've also avoided the part where I responded to your assumptions that I would in future complain about the lack of train services, why is that?

I am annoyed because you made an assumption about a group of people that included me, even though I clearly stated in numerous posts in this thread that I didn't agree with fare dodging. You saw that, yet continued to make an assumption which implied that I had no problem with it. Now that is what I have a problem with - you making assumptions when I had already stated differently loud and clear several times. It's beyond irritating.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:41 PM #45
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Surely that'd technically get classed as assault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:42 PM #46
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
So its his fault he was half asleep and gave the man the wrong ticket which he thought was the right one..yeah of course its his fault..of course people dont ever make mistakes
PMSL. Whose fault then do you think it was..... Yours? Jacks? Anyone elses fault apart from the guy himself!!
Old 13-12-2011, 07:43 PM #47
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
I understand that (I'm sure you'll say I won't, but hopefully you understand what I mean) and I don't take it as an insult, but my point is - no matter how pissed off you may feel, and no matter how much you may think it concerns you, it does not. It's the duty of the relevant authorities, not regular folk who think they can step in and act as security.

You're making no sense. And you've also avoided the part where I responded to your assumptions that I would in future complain about the lack of train services, why is that?

I am annoyed because you made an assumption about a group of people that included me, even though I clearly stated in numerous posts in this thread that I didn't agree with fare dodging. You saw that, yet continued to make an assumption which implied that I had no problem with it. Now that is what I have a problem with - you making assumptions when I had already stated differently loud and clear several times. It's beyond irritating.
I disagree with you. Be annoyed all you want. That's your right.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 13-12-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:45 PM #48
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
guess you are ignoring the fact that tickets have to be made readily available for inspection...... and you're ignoring the fact that yobbo was unable to produce something he said he had paid for.

How convenient.

I'd like you to try that one out when your in a shop - pay cash for goods, and then continue to stay in that shop. You get pulled over for shoplifting and cannot find your receipt. Let's see how you get on.

No, but as someone's already mentioned in this thread...we all make mistakes, and falling asleep on public transport is certainly not uncommon. But of course you've never made a mistake have you? Forgot about that...

I don't really understand your example completely, because if I couldn't find my receipt, and I'd lost it, I would find it extremely rude if somebody automatically assumed I was therefore some sort of thief, calling me one and hauling me out of the shop instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt until it was investigated properly. Jumping to conclusions is what it would be called. Innocent until proven guilty, no? That's if I've understood your example correctly.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:46 PM #49
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Great. I'm going to go out tonight, get plastered then sneak my way into the local Mercedes garage, get myself a comfy seat in the latest convertible model: and when I'm asked to remove myself - I'll kick up hell, curse the person asking me to leave.......... and then expect everyone to feel sorry for me.
You're not getting my point IMO its just a misunderstanding and he actually did have a ticket he just didnt show the old fella the right one

Quote:
PMSL. Whose fault then do you think it was..... Yours? Jacks? Anyone elses fault apart from the guy himself!!
Again you're not getting what im saying..its nobodys fault its a mistake
Whatever ...in a few days hopefully everyone will know the truth
If the kid was in the wrong the whole time he should of left and he should apologise as should Big Man
If the kid was in the right the ticket dude should get fired and Big Man sued to ****
Old 13-12-2011, 07:48 PM #50
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Surely that'd technically get classed as assault?
Hopefully, because it is a form of one.

Quote:
I disagree with you.
Elaborate. Because making assumptions about someone when they've already clearly stated an opinion that would immediately disprove those assumptions is extremely rude.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
19, dodger, fare, leave, passenger, refusing, thrown, train, year