Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-04-2013, 10:19 AM #1

Default Racist John Cherry Tory councillor resigns.

Tory councillor John Cherry resigns after exposing his real typical tory agenda.
Sussex police are now investigating his comments.
Do these vile scumbags really hold power in this country? it makes me feel sick to the stomach.

Get rid of these smug racist wankers. who voted for these people? I hope you are proud of what you have done.

After proposals to open a boarding school in the sussex countryside near to where he lives he claimed:

Pakistani children would fail to “rise to the top” and some nationalities were “uncertain” what hard work is about.

the youngsters could ‘escape into the forest’ and trigger a ‘sexual volcano’ because they had been ‘plucked from their natural surroundings

Ninety-seven per cent of pupils will be black or Asian. It depends what type of Asian. If they’re Chinese they’ll rise to the top. If they’re Indian they’ll rise to the top. If they’re Pakistani they won’t,’ he said.

inner-city children from a ‘coloured area’ would not be welcome at a proposed new school in the countryside.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...n-8582186.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-doorstep.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-22262117

Quote:
A councillor has resigned from the Conservative Party after making “thoughtless and extremely foolish” comments about immigrant school children.

John Cherry claimed Pakistani children would fail to “rise to the top” and some nationalities were “uncertain” what hard work is about.

The Chichester councillor was responding to proposals by a South London academy to open an Eton-style boarding school in the West Sussex countryside.

He warned the children would want to “escape into the forest - it will be a sexual volcano”.

But after being heavily criticised for the comments, Mr Cherry resigned from the Conservative Party and apologised.

He said: “My remarks about Durand Academy, as reported in the Mail on Sunday today, were plainly wrong. They were thoughtless and extremely foolish. I unreservedly apologise and withdraw them. I very much regret the distress this must have caused.”

The plans of the Durand Academy, which is based in Stockwell, south London, have sparked some opposition from people living near the proposed boarding school site.

The proposal is to use St Cuthman’s School, a disused boarding school in Stedham, West Sussex.

Mr Cherry, who represents the village, told the Mail on Sunday: “Ninety-seven per cent of pupils will be black or Asian. It depends what type of Asian. If they’re Chinese they’ll rise to the top. If they’re Indian they’ll rise to the top. If they’re Pakistani they won’t.

“There are certain nationalities where hard work is highly valued. There are certain nationalities where they are uncertain what this hard work is all about.

“If the children are not allowed out of the site then it will make them want to escape into the forest - it will be a sexual volcano.

“Has anyone asked whether these children want to be plucked from their natural surroundings? They have never done boarding before, so they won’t know how it works.

“The trauma of taking the children out of their natural surroundings is going to be considerable.”

The Wellington and Cambridge-educated chartered accountant has lived in the area for more than 30 years, according to the Chichester District Council website.

His biography on the website says the “committed Christian” is “passionate about the preservation of this beautiful area for current and future generation, within a framework run by local people”.

Labour MP Kate Hoey, whose Vauxhall constituency contains the academy, said on Twitter: “I invite Cllr Cherry to visit Durand Academy in Stockwell to meet those who will be boarding. Stedham will gain hugely from their presence.”

The Tories had begun action to suspend Mr Cherry before his resignation. A spokesman described the comments as “totally unacceptable” and said they “do not reflect the views of the Conservative Party”.
Mark the artist taxi drivers view on things (dont watch if offended by bad language)

Last edited by billy123; 26-04-2013 at 10:46 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:40 AM #2
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

This man is an arsehole and a dinosaur, there is no doubt about that. But really, "typical Tory agenda"? He will no doubt be expelled from the party and quite rightly. Meanwhile UKIP continue to gain support... if you're looking for some racist airheads to go after, I suggest to direct your vitriol in their direction.

I find people on the left seem to feel justified in calling people "vile scumbags" and other insulting names, as asking who voted for them and asking if they're proud. What a highly provocative and ridiculous statement, and as massive a generalisation as the odious Cllr Cherry made.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:56 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
This man is an arsehole and a dinosaur, there is no doubt about that. But really, "typical Tory agenda"? He will no doubt be expelled from the party and quite rightly. Meanwhile UKIP continue to gain support... if you're looking for some racist airheads to go after, I suggest to direct your vitriol in their direction.

I find people on the left seem to feel justified in calling people "vile scumbags" and other insulting names, as asking who voted for them and asking if they're proud. What a highly provocative and ridiculous statement, and as massive a generalisation as the odious Cllr Cherry made.
The only difference is most of the arseholes have the common sense to keep their gobs shut about their selfish agenda.

Greedy pigs.
Cherry slipped up and revealed his selfish agenda in public do you think his fellow greedy pigs at the trough didnt know exactly what he was like already?

Last edited by billy123; 26-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 26-04-2013, 12:05 PM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Aww Bless.
The only difference is most of the arseholes have the common sense to keep their gobs shut.
I find your presumption im "on the left" just as presumptious.
The stuck up im alright jack attitude the tory scum display disgusts me.
Are you going to tell me you're not on the left? LOL...

Another wild generalisation about "Tory Scum" when "Labour Scum" are in reality just "Tory Lite".

This could be just a serious debate. I like discussing stuff with people who have opposing views to me, but you've kicked it off and continue it as an insulting, generalising tirade that frankly makes you look hysterical and small. if you ever learn to debate like a grown up, let me know.

Last edited by Livia; 26-04-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 26-04-2013, 12:07 PM #5
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
The only difference is most of the arseholes have the common sense to keep their gobs shut about their selfish agenda.
I find your presumption im "on the left" just as presumptious.
The stuck up im alright jack so dont disturb me attitude the average tory displays disgusts me.
Greedy pigs.
Wow... you edited that in world-record time.
Old 26-04-2013, 12:07 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

I'd be interested to know what type of bigotry is at work here, why is he picking on Pakistanis and not Indian or Chinese. Is it racism ? Well both Indian and Pakistani people are Caucasian , is it religious bigotry ? Well again there are both Hindu and Moslem living in both countries so all in all I'm not sure , maybe he just doesn't like Pakistan and people from there.

Either he is still a bigot, probably hates woman as well and leans well to the right politically.

Nice to have a councillor who is a racist,sexist, fascist religious bigot. !!!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:15 PM #7

Quote:
you look hysterical and small. if you ever learn to debate like a grown up, let me know.
Well done on making it a personal attack when i was talking about an opinion on a political party and one of its councillors
How grown up.

Last edited by billy123; 26-04-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 26-04-2013, 12:31 PM #8

"Tory councillor resigns."

Yes not a MP
so he can fade away.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:44 PM #9
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
I'd be interested to know what type of bigotry is at work here, why is he picking on Pakistanis and not Indian or Chinese. Is it racism ? Well both Indian and Pakistani people are Caucasian , is it religious bigotry ? Well again there are both Hindu and Moslem living in both countries so all in all I'm not sure , maybe he just doesn't like Pakistan and people from there.

Either he is still a bigot, probably hates woman as well and leans well to the right politically.

Nice to have a councillor who is a racist,sexist, fascist religious bigot. !!!!!
He lives in Chichester which is predominantly white. When I lived in east London racism wasn't really tolerated. Since I moved to a rural area with very few people other than white, Anglo Saxon protestants, I've heard more blatant racist remarks than I ever did in London. This man is insular,out of date, out of touch, provincial and ridiculous. He has no place in politics even if it only local politics. I'm glad he's been outed.

Last edited by Livia; 26-04-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 26-04-2013, 12:52 PM #10
Z

Z

At least with examples like this, younger generations are being shown that it is considered wrong to be racist and that there are consequences to be faced.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 12:59 PM #11
Jesus.

Jesus.

I'm amazed they found a London cab driver who isn't racist. That's the real story here.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 03:53 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus.H.Christ View Post
I'm amazed they found a London cab driver who isn't racist. That's the real story here.
He is a university speaker,London taxi driver and an arts tutor working 3 jobs trying to make ends meet to try and give his children the best he can despite being diagnosed with bowel cancer earlier this year.

Last week he pushed a toy pig over 4 miles on his hands and knees in protest at the torys trying to push through section 75 which would mean further selling off of the NHS to private companys. (all going unreported by a lot of the mainstream media) and delivered a letter signed by his family to number 10 pigs den asking david cameron not to privatise the NHS.

If you are offended by bad language dont ****ing watch it

Last edited by billy123; 27-04-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 27-04-2013, 11:46 AM #13
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I think his comments are disgraceful and he will be likely heavily punished and thrown out of the Party.
This is his own agenda not the Conservative Party's. The mass of the Conservative Party are not racist and nver willbe just as also are not the mass of the Labour party and the Lib Dems too.

He is just a likely bigoted and pathetic example of someone who shouldn't be in politics at all but then all parties have these loose cannons and crackpots.
The Conservative Party wins solid support from all other Nationalities resident in the UK. The Conservative Party will be as disgusted overall with his comments as all those who are from outside the Political scene too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 12:55 PM #14

I think people tend to live up to expectations. so of course it's horrible especially for a politician to expect certain minority groups to do better than others. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

To think that there is even just 1 pakistani child who would hear his words and think "well this is a politician, he's a leader, and he says that i can never be as smart or as successful as a chinese kid or an indian kid" that's just devastating. It's heartbreaking that any child of pakistani decent would hear from a British leader that they are not as capable of success as anyone else.

When you expect better, you get better. Telling any group of people that they arn't capable of the same excellence as any one else, that's just devastating, and depressing as hell.

What he said was so ****ed up on such a deep level.

Last edited by lostalex; 27-04-2013 at 01:02 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:18 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Isn't there a racist Premiership footballer with the same name...???
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:26 AM #16
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Isn't there a racist Premiership footballer with the same name...???
There's a footballer called John Terry, I don't know if he's racist though is he? I remember him being in the news for sleeping with some other footballers wife or something like that

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 29-04-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:35 AM #17
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

He was accused of calling another player a "black *****" but was found not guilty after it went to court, he did get charged by the FA for it though and banned for a few games
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:36 AM #18
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Oh Dear

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 10:41 AM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Oh Dear
Yes a Old Nutter soon to be out of Public Life
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cherry, councillor, john, racist, resigns, tory