Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 07-12-2014, 06:00 PM #1
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Default do you have any 'step parents'? (rant inside... beware)

My parents broke up about 3 years ago and only just got divorced not too long ago. At first i was sad they wouldnt be together, but now im glad. they are both nicer now that they arent together.

I really get on well with my mums boyfriend. He's funny and gets our (my sisters and i) sense of humour.

My dads gf, however, is a whole different story.

I cannot stand her.

She's one of those sly bitches who squeeze their way into struggling mens pockets.

I went away this weekend with my dad and his gf and literally every time my dad wasnt around, she'd tell my sister and I that my dad was in thousands and thousands of dollars in debt and that he couldnt buy us much and how they struggle so badly.

I was like, 'i dont care about xmas presents, its only the thought that counts' blah blah blach

so my dad bought us some lunch and his gf was like 'no, you cant use your credit card!!!' right in front of us

she complained about having no money and how he cant spend anything on us, yet they then spend way over $800 on pointless **** that they dont even need.

whereas we struggle to have heating this year, they have a superhero themed kitchen with 4 different cookie jars (at £50 each)

it just makes me so ****ing mad. Like I pay for everything to do with my car, apart from the insurance. She's now demanding I take over (which I dont mind, as I rightfully should do), because it costs way to much and is causing him to go into 'so much debt'

like, i dont mind paying it. Its fair enough... but the whole weekend, she mentioned how she was 'worried' about his money and how she couldnt sleep because of it.

i was like 'bitch, if you're that ****ing bothered about money, you wouldn't spend $80 on a ****ing picture of some superheroes'

i said that in my head of course, but still

does anyone else have a 'step parent' from hell?

this bitch really gets me down, I cant stand her.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:02 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish

Not technically but my Mum and Ian might as well be married.

We get along, I can't tell him everything like I do with my pa, but I like him, he's good for her and I love the fact I have an extended family with the fact I now pretty much have a younger brother, an older sister and my step niece.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:05 PM #3

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Omg, she sounds sf annoying.

My step-nan was a gold digger, she split up my nan and granddad, and caused my nan's stroke which has effectively ruined her life considering she's only 52 (i think) but is not eligable to work but is given small benefits which she can barely survive on, and she had 2 kids with my granddad, made his company go bust, bled him dry and then one day told him she was moving to Ireland with my auntie and uncle (but one's the same age as me, the other is 1 year younger but this was in like 2009, so she left him after 5 years of marriage, they'd been having an affair since the year before i was born, and in that time she made him go from owning a company with 3 different stores whatever, to having literally no money and having to buy from the bargain bins in the co-op, ****ing bitch)

Last edited by Cal.; 07-12-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:06 PM #4

Sounds like hell.

I have a step parent and we NEVER got on for years and years but now I'm older we get on a lot better these days.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 PM #5

Eurgh she sounds like a bit of a head buster Caitlin. You should tell her firmly but nicely that you would prefer if stopped bringing up your dads finances with you and your siblings that you feel that's private business of your dads and if he felt the need to discuss it with you then he would.

I don't have any step family at all but a lot of my friends did when we were growing up and they mostly seemed to have problems with them.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:26 PM #6
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

She sounds awful caitlin, if i were you i'd talk to your dad about it, and see if he is actually having problems with money, or if she's just saying it/exacerbating the situation to make you feel bad

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:30 PM #7
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

You use American currency values when you refer to her comments, is she from the States this new gf of his?
Kyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:40 PM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I agree with Josy, Caitlin..it isn't really up to your step-mum to discuss your dad's finances with you..maybe tell her that you don't feel comfortable talking about it unless your dad himself decides to talk to you...it's quite an odd thing for her to do really...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:32 PM #9
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonsleigh View Post
Omg, she sounds sf annoying.

My step-nan was a gold digger, she split up my nan and granddad, and caused my nan's stroke which has effectively ruined her life considering she's only 52 (i think) but is not eligable to work but is given small benefits which she can barely survive on, and she had 2 kids with my granddad, made his company go bust, bled him dry and then one day told him she was moving to Ireland with my auntie and uncle (but one's the same age as me, the other is 1 year younger but this was in like 2009, so she left him after 5 years of marriage, they'd been having an affair since the year before i was born, and in that time she made him go from owning a company with 3 different stores whatever, to having literally no money and having to buy from the bargain bins in the co-op, ****ing bitch)
that's awful. I hate people like that... very much reminds me of my dads gf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmarsh. View Post
Sounds like hell.

I have a step parent and we NEVER got on for years and years but now I'm older we get on a lot better these days.
lol, well heres hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HO~HO~HO~ View Post
Eurgh she sounds like a bit of a head buster Caitlin. You should tell her firmly but nicely that you would prefer if stopped bringing up your dads finances with you and your siblings that you feel that's private business of your dads and if he felt the need to discuss it with you then he would.

I don't have any step family at all but a lot of my friends did when we were growing up and they mostly seemed to have problems with them.
everything i ever say gets twisted though... its very very complicated. i'll speak to my aunt tonight (well, my dads aunt) and see what she thinks. she lives in america, but is very level headed and wont take sides. i think deep down she knows exactly what my dads gf is. she justs wants my dad to be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
She sounds awful caitlin, if i were you i'd talk to your dad about it, and see if he is actually having problems with money, or if she's just saying it/exacerbating the situation to make you feel bad
oh, i know hes having problems with money. he has to pay for two seperate houses plus buy all of her ****... but shes definitely exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristMASS EFFECT View Post
You use American currency values when you refer to her comments, is she from the States this new gf of his?
im american, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I agree with Josy, Caitlin..it isn't really up to your step-mum to discuss your dad's finances with you..maybe tell her that you don't feel comfortable talking about it unless your dad himself decides to talk to you...it's quite an odd thing for her to do really...
i think I will do... she has nothing to do with his money, but shes saying she's 'in charge of his finances' so that she knows whats going on. ugh

Thanks everyone for the advice! I really appreciate it.

It just annoys me cause my sister was speaking about going to Uni next year (at my birthday meal last week) and as soon as my sister mentioned it, she was like 'oh you do know your dad cant pay for it. he's $75,000 in debt'

and i wanted to punch her
Old 07-12-2014, 08:46 PM #10
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwreatha View Post
im american, lol
Oh wow, my apologies I thought you were a Brit. What State you hail from?
Old 07-12-2014, 08:48 PM #11
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh wow, my apologies I thought you were a Brit. What State you hail from?
its difficult, technically i am a brit, as i was born in scotland, but i grew up in Maryland, so im used to calling myself american

but yes, Maryland is where I lived!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 PM #12
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
its difficult, technically i am a brit, as i was born in scotland, but i grew up in Maryland, so im used to calling myself american

but yes, Maryland is where I lived!
I've seen you mention Harrogate too, which is why I thought you were a Brit. You've been around a bit, where do you prefer? Here or North America?
Old 07-12-2014, 08:53 PM #13
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've seen you mention Harrogate too, which is why I thought you were a Brit. You've been around a bit, where do you prefer? Here or North America?
wHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!?????

and lol yeah thats where I live now. Good old Harrogate. Where about in south yorkshire are you?

and hmmm its so hard to choose. I love it here, but i much prefer America. The thing is, my mum is scottish and my dads american, so if I move back, i'd have to go and live with him and his awful gf, and leave my mum behind

if my mum and dad were both going, i'd be there in a heartbeat
Old 07-12-2014, 08:57 PM #14
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Wow sorry Nina. And it puts you in a tough situation because if you complain to your dad about her it might not go so well.

My dad has a new wife (which he married without telling us) I try to be civil with her for my dads sake but my mum recently told me if I let her in, her and I are done.

Last edited by Ithinkiloveyoutoo; 07-12-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Ithinkiloveyoutoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:58 PM #15
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
wHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!?????

and lol yeah thats where I live now. Good old Harrogate. Where about in south yorkshire are you?

and hmmm its so hard to choose. I love it here, but i much prefer America. The thing is, my mum is scottish and my dads american, so if I move back, i'd have to go and live with him and his awful gf, and leave my mum behind

if my mum and dad were both going, i'd be there in a heartbeat
You're a geographical slut ma'am

I'm on the border between Sheffield and Rotherham. Depends what mood I'm in where I'm from that way

What is it about America you love? I've always dreamt about the idea of moving to Vermont or somewhere like that when I'm older. Just something about the States that intrigues me.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 PM #16

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
DOI 2018: Cheryl Baker

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
DOI 2018: Cheryl Baker

Quote:
My parents broke up about 3 years ago and only just got divorced not too long ago. At first i was sad they wouldnt be together, but now im glad. they are both nicer now that they arent together.

I really get on well with my mums boyfriend. He's funny and gets our (my sisters and i) sense of humour.

My dads gf, however, is a whole different story.

I cannot stand her.

She's one of those sly bitches who squeeze their way into struggling mens pockets.

I went away this weekend with my dad and his gf and literally every time my dad wasnt around, she'd tell my sister and I that my dad was in thousands and thousands of dollars in debt and that he couldnt buy us much and how they struggle so badly.

I was like, 'i dont care about xmas presents, its only the thought that counts' blah blah blach

so my dad bought us some lunch and his gf was like 'no, you cant use your credit card!!!' right in front of us

she complained about having no money and how he cant spend anything on us, yet they then spend way over $800 on pointless **** that they dont even need.

whereas we struggle to have heating this year, they have a superhero themed kitchen with 4 different cookie jars (at £50 each)

it just makes me so ****ing mad. Like I pay for everything to do with my car, apart from the insurance. She's now demanding I take over (which I dont mind, as I rightfully should do), because it costs way to much and is causing him to go into 'so much debt'

like, i dont mind paying it. Its fair enough... but the whole weekend, she mentioned how she was 'worried' about his money and how she couldnt sleep because of it.

i was like 'bitch, if you're that ****ing bothered about money, you wouldn't spend $80 on a ****ing picture of some superheroes'

i said that in my head of course, but still

does anyone else have a 'step parent' from hell?

this bitch really gets me down, I cant stand her.
My mums fiancé is a controlling twat. I can't stand him. Telling my mum she is wasting money coming up here to see her family. No one is accepting of him in the family.
Jack. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:01 PM #17
Banned

Banned

My parents broke up for a while because my dad had an affair with a hateful strumpet and they got together after it all came out but it didn't last. She could not weather the storm of hatred that spoilt, teenage me constantly brought down upon her.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
My parents broke up for a while because my dad had an affair with a hateful strumpet and they got together after it all came out but it didn't last. She could not weather the storm of hatred that spoilt, teenage me constantly brought down upon her.
Good on you.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 PM #19
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I love my step mother! she is great

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 PM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's my dream to be an evil stepmother.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:39 PM #21
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
It's my dream to be an evil stepmother.
You would be amazing
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:00 PM #22
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Wow Caitlin she sounds like a terrible person. I'm sorry she's in your life hopefully she changes and gets less obsessed with the idea money, or at least stops using it as a kinda weapon. Or if she doesn't improve I hope your dad moves on from her.

And my mom's boyfriend isn't too bad, I get on with him. But yea I kinda prefer it when he doesn't sleep here.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 PM #23
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo View Post
Wow sorry Nina. And it puts you in a tough situation because if you complain to your dad about her it might not go so well.

My dad has a new wife (which he married without telling us) I try to be civil with her for my dads sake but my mum recently told me if I let her in, her and I are done.
ugh, i bet that was awful. there was rumours of my dad and her getting married just a few months after being together so i stopped talking to him. then he found out what had been said and said they werent married. wouldnt surprise me if they were though

she has a massive ****ing engagement ring which is bad enough as it is.

my mum is a little bit like that too. is yours a little irrational?

Quote:
You're a geographical slut ma'am

I'm on the border between Sheffield and Rotherham. Depends what mood I'm in where I'm from that way

What is it about America you love? I've always dreamt about the idea of moving to Vermont or somewhere like that when I'm older. Just something about the States that intrigues me.
ahh so you're not too far from me then! that's pretty cool!

I love the people. I think they are way kinder in the states then they are here. People actually greet you when you go places. the only bad thing though, is that its so much more dangerous. it's scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv. View Post
My mums fiancé is a controlling twat. I can't stand him. Telling my mum she is wasting money coming up here to see her family. No one is accepting of him in the family.
i know the feeling. i hate people like that. Its a shame when someone is blinded by 'love'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
i hope you smacked that bitch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyThePenguin View Post
I love my step mother! she is great
shut up bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
Wow Caitlin she sounds like a terrible person. I'm sorry she's in your life hopefully she changes and gets less obsessed with the idea money, or at least stops using it as a kinda weapon. Or if she doesn't improve I hope your dad moves on from her.

And my mom's boyfriend isn't too bad, I get on with him. But yea I kinda prefer it when he doesn't sleep here.
awww thank you

if anything, i hope he wakes up and realises what she truly is. that would be the best christmas present possible.

do you not like him sleeping over cause of sex noises? cause my sister said she hears my mum and her bf and wants to throw herself from a window

/sorryforthetmi
Old 07-12-2014, 11:22 PM #24
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Quote:

awww thank you

if anything, i hope he wakes up and realises what she truly is. that would be the best christmas present possible.

do you not like him sleeping over cause of sex noises? cause my sister said she hears my mum and her bf and wants to throw herself from a window

/sorryforthetmi
yea the first time I heard sex noises I wanted to die, but yea I've got earphones always nearby, I'm used to them by now.

And it's just that I feel I can't be myself and totally relax in the house while he's here, although he seldom comes into the front room (where I usually hang out), and there are loads of little things, like having to lock the bathroom door. But yea my mom likes him a lot, so I suppose it's worth it to have her happy.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 PM #25

Yeah, hearing parents or any family members having sex makes me want to rip my ears off and eat them.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beware, inside, parents, rant, tep