Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-04-2015, 09:41 AM #51
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
But she can Dance far better than you
dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Mitchell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 09:48 AM #52
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
if we have this tremendous rise in obesity we hear about how comes today the news is all about the rise in food banks?

they both cant be right
Because unhealthy / fattening food is cheap and easy. What do the food banks even offer? Tinned crap, white carbs, carbs and more carbs. If you live off that crap you will get fat, simple as that. Body converts all those empty carbs to fat and also the poor quality leaves people feeling lethargic, therefore less active, therefore getting less exercise.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 09:57 AM #53
-

-

As for her comments, a bit daft in that people of all sizes have to buy clothes SOMEWHERE, but I do completely get her point in theory. Being overweight / obese in the western world is becoming "normalised" to the point that people who are, to be blunt, quite fat are seen as a normal / healthy weight. If it was only about aesthetics that wouldn't be a problem: people are free to have whatever body type they want if they are happy with it.

But when people have a distorted view of "normal weight", they are likely to think that their weight is "perfectly healthy" when they are, in fact, overweight... and then they're surprised / horrified when they start developing wider health issues related to their weight. Or rather, how much fat they're carrying... "weight" is meaningless in terms of health, only body fat percentage really matters.

But yeah... putting it simply, being an *unhealthy* weight shouldn't be normalised, congratulated or applauded. People shouldn't be shamed either, of course, and at the end of the day it's their own business if they want to have painful health complications and die younger... but, being healthy should always at least be strongly encouraged. It's NOT really "fine to be fat".

[edit] Edited to add: I say this as someone who has gained 2st (and lost muscle mass, so realistically gained more than 2st of fat) in the last 8 months so I'm not preaching from any soapbox. I'm currently not being healthy at all (went from cycling 15 miles a day for work to catching the bus like a lazy arsehole) and need to sort it out.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 22-04-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:03 AM #54
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Because unhealthy / fattening food is cheap and easy. What do the food banks even offer? Tinned crap, white carbs, carbs and more carbs. If you live off that crap you will get fat, simple as that. Body converts all those empty carbs to fat and also the poor quality leaves people feeling lethargic, therefore less active, therefore getting less exercise.
No you will only get fat if you eat more than you burn off. Plenty people are thin and eat rubbish. What causes the obesity is take away food plain and simple
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 10:06 AM #55
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
As for her comments, a bit daft in that people of all sizes have to buy clothes SOMEWHERE, but I do completely get her point in theory. Being overweight / obese in the western world is becoming "normalised" to the point that people who are, to be blunt, quite fat are seen as a normal / healthy weight. If it was only about aesthetics that wouldn't be a problem: people are free to have whatever body type they want if they are happy with it.

But when people have a distorted view of "normal weight", they are likely to think that their weight is "perfectly healthy" when they are, in fact, overweight... and then they're surprised / horrified when they start developing wider health issues related to their weight. Or rather, how much fat they're carrying... "weight" is meaningless in terms of health, only body fat percentage really matters.

But yeah... putting it simply, being an *unhealthy* weight shouldn't be normalised, congratulated or applauded. People shouldn't be shamed either, of course, and at the end of the day it's their own business if they want to have painful health complications and die younger... but, being healthy should always at least be strongly encouraged. It's NOT really "fine to be fat".

[edit] Edited to add: I say this as someone who has gained 2st (and lost muscle mass, so realistically gained more than 2st of fat) in the last 8 months so I'm not preaching from any soapbox. I'm currently not being healthy at all (went from cycling 15 miles a day for work to catching the bus like a lazy arsehole) and need to sort it out.
I absolutely agree with all that TS. It is a huge issue, I was watching the Irish Voice actually and I noticed that so many of the contestants (noticeably more so the girls for some reason) were over weight, it really is a worrying thing. I myself, gained a stone and a half in the last few years (which thankfully I'm halfway there to getting rid of now) but I was thinking to my myself, I'm sure I don't eat that much how have I actually put on all this weight? It wasn't until i actually started keeping note of how many calories are in everything I was eating did I realise that you don't actually even need to eat a horrendous amount to pile up your calories, if you're eating the wrong things. The one I was most shocked by actually was just how bad McDonalds was, 1100 calories in a medium meal That's almost your whole days allowance for a woman and you're hungry again like an hour later

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 22-04-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 10:06 AM #56
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

But you can be healthy even if you're a little overweight. The most important thing is do some excercise and eat healthy. I try to, most of the time.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM #57
-

-

Quote:
No you will only get fat if you eat more than you burn off. Plenty people are thin and eat rubbish. What causes the obesity is take away food plain and simple
Yes but if you eat nothing but crap like tinned macaroni and white bread you will become tired / lethargic, like I said, and therefore less likely to keep active and burn calories. Bad food is a double-edged sword, and whilst I agree that take-away food is very rarely any good, it's far from being the only bad choice. Supermarket ready-meals / tinned meals / convenience foods like supernoodles that some people try to live on, are far worse. Especially the ones packed with hydrogenated fats, MSG, or both.

The worst offender is coke / other carbonated drinks though. The full-fat ones are A) full of calories and B) cause a "sugar crash" within a couple of hours of drinking one. You're not going to be doing any exercise whilst crashing, and the most likely scenario is that you're going to seek out another sugary drink.

"Diet" (irony!) drinks are even worse because the combination of the artificial sweeteners plus the gas stretching the stomach promotes hunger.

Anyway... my main point is, these food banks are not providing the raw, fresh foods that promote an energetic or healthy lifestyle. It's processed crap and heavy carbs.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:14 AM #58
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

another futile attempt at getting some attention
Old 22-04-2015, 10:17 AM #59
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

If she had a brain she would be dangerous.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 10:18 AM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I absolutely agree with all that TS. It is a huge issue, I was watching the Irish Voice actually and I noticed that so many of the contestants (noticeably more so the girls for some reason) were over weight, it really is a worrying thing. I myself, gained a stone and a half in the last few years (which thankfully I'm halfway there to getting rid of now) but I was thinking to my myself, I'm sure I don't eat that much how have I actually put on all this weight? It wasn't until i actually started keeping note of how many calories are in everything I was eating did I realise that you don't actually even need to eat a horrendous amount to pile up your calories, if you're eating the wrong things. The one I was most shocked by actually was just how bad McDonalds was, 1100 calories in a medium meal That's almost your whole days allowance for a woman and you're hungry again like an hour later
What is even in McDonalds "food"?? We were talking about this the last time we went... you can wolf down a large quarter pounder meal, then you step out the door and you feel like you haven't eaten anything all day! And it's only McDonalds... even other fast food doesn't seem to have that effect.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:20 AM #61
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
But you can be healthy even if you're a little overweight. The most important thing is do some excercise and eat healthy. I try to, most of the time.
A little overweight, sure, there's a fairly broad range of "healthy weights", but someone who is just a little overweight isn't going to be in "plus-size" clothes...
Old 22-04-2015, 10:21 AM #62
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What is even in McDonalds "food"?? We were talking about this the last time we went... you can wolf down a large quarter pounder meal, then you step out the door and you feel like you haven't eaten anything all day! And it's only McDonalds... even other fast food doesn't seem to have that effect.
I know, it's weird, I love their chips but you could actually eat them non stop for an hour and still feel hungry With Chinese food I always feel really bloated and sluggish afterwards, Indian I find the best, you feel full afterwards but not bloated

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 22-04-2015, 10:22 AM #63

Quote:
Here we go with another profoundly stupid woman being given a platform to air her opinions. I've seen her make an arse of herself on TV many times because she's frankly a bit dim... and yet she, along with people like Katie Hopkins, are now public orators on all matters affecting everyone. Get them ALL off my screen and out of my newspapers, please.

arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 10:24 AM #64
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A little overweight, sure, there's a fairly broad range of "healthy weights", but someone who is just a little overweight isn't going to be in "plus-size" clothes...
I suppose it depends on how active they are. Some people put on weight very easily.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:33 AM #65

I thought this thread was about some egotistical TV 'personality' stepping out of her inane safe role and spouting that stores should not stock clothes for obese/oversize women?

The 'why's' and 'wherefores' of how people GOT to be fat, and the 'If's' and 'but's of 'HEALTH ISSUES' associated with being fat have nothing to do with this tedious 'KH' wannabe's statements.

FAT people already EXIST so the question is; Do we really want to see MOUNTAINS of wobbling cellulite and dimpled flesh bouncing up and down when FAT people are forced to walk around NAKED because of this big mouthed TV 'Celebrity?

I say no! Save our pavements from the damage caused by nipple drag from massive bosoms. Save our children from having to witness such horrors.

CLOTHE THE FATTIES and FECK JAMELIA!

Last edited by kirklancaster; 22-04-2015 at 10:34 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 10:50 AM #66

Quote:
She is a pop legend

Who has problems with toilets

Bang On Right LT.
Old 22-04-2015, 10:50 AM #67
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

'Make overweight people feel uncomfortable' ... So, bully them then Jamelia? Wow, she has had some strange views this one ( the date rape one :/ ) but this is a corker.
If she had some remotely ethical reason why she's concerned, if she was highlighting the socioeconomic factors connected with the rise in obesity, but she isn't.
What makes it worse is that the guests for the day had been teenagers, how must they be now feeling?
Old 22-04-2015, 10:51 AM #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Oh yeah?.....

Feel the force

Good For You
Old 22-04-2015, 10:56 AM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I suppose it depends on how active they are. Some people put on weight very easily.

Yes they need to Burn It Off
via
Yoga
Hot Sex
or
Standing more

Of course you can do all three of those
at once

Feel The Force
Old 22-04-2015, 10:58 AM #70

Quote:
'Make overweight people feel uncomfortable' ... So, bully them then Jamelia? Wow, she has had some strange views this one ( the date rape one :/ ) but this is a corker.
If she had some remotely ethical reason why she's concerned, if she was highlighting the socioeconomic factors connected with the rise in obesity, but she isn't.
What makes it worse is that the guests for the day had been teenagers, how must they be now feeling?
Maybe she should leave twitter for a while
Old 22-04-2015, 11:01 AM #71
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Jamelia has apologised after suggesting high street stores should not stock clothes "above a certain size" - but said she stands by her remarks.
The Loose Women panellist said she was "hounded on Twitter" after airing her views on the ITV show in a discussion about overweight teenagers.
"Knowing that I offended really upset me," Jamelia told Good Morning Britain.
"Knowing that I made people question themselves and their choices, it really did upset me. All I can do is apologise for that."

Engage your brain?

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-22/j...hing-comments/
Old 22-04-2015, 11:04 AM #72
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

How can she apologise but stand by her remarks at the same time

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 22-04-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:05 AM #73
You know my methods

You know my methods

Perched for her "Islam is the baddest religion" next statement
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 11:12 AM #74

Quote:
Jamelia has apologised after suggesting high street stores should not stock clothes "above a certain size" - but said she stands by her remarks.
The Loose Women panellist said she was "hounded on Twitter" after airing her views on the ITV show in a discussion about overweight teenagers.
"Knowing that I offended really upset me," Jamelia told Good Morning Britain.
"Knowing that I made people question themselves and their choices, it really did upset me. All I can do is apologise for that."

Engage your brain?

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-22/j...hing-comments/

Yes I watched that on GMBHD
but then she stupidly said
"I stand by what I said"

she would not go into detail of the
Online Anger , Threats

It was a soft interview by her ITV mates

Put the bitch on Ch4HD News
tonight for a Live Studio debate
with a Fat people

It Good To Cry

Last edited by arista; 22-04-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:14 AM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
How can she apologise but stand by her remarks at the same time

Thats her Whole problem on LWHD

Someone needs to chuck a bucket of Water over her

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
clothing, high, jamelia, sell, size, stores, street