Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:10 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default Mac evicted by a betting scam

On the day of the eviction, eagle eyed people notived that Paddypower were only offering odds of even money on Marc while the rest were all 4/1 or thereabouts. The reason for this is that they were hit with a large deposit at 9/2 on marc and the phone lines then lit up and marc was evicted.

It does not need a rocket scientist to work out why this happened. The voters are deserting BB in their droves amidst accusations of wrongdoing and the fact that the app costs 99p to use. This makes the voted on totals so low that they can be effected by a late surge on one or another HM if the VTE is in operation.

Someone lumped on Marc then set a team on speed dial to get him out, simple and this isn't sour grapes, its fact. I have a vested interest in Danny getting to the finals because of a large bet I placed ages ago, so I have no ulterior motive to scream foul. I liked Marc, but sadly he was sandbagged and the production team are well aware that the same team that scammed Marc out, are now targeting Danny for the win which suits BB. They want golden balls and Emmas mate, the scammer, in their corner and he will probably get great edits now.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 AM #2

Why is it so hard to believe that Marc was disliked
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 AM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegazer View Post
Why is it so hard to believe that Marc was disliked
Offering an opinion on why he was evicted is part and parcel of how the forum works, just the same as your opinions on your boy Joel.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:28 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Helen

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
On the day of the eviction, eagle eyed people notived that Paddypower were only offering odds of even money on Marc while the rest were all 4/1 or thereabouts. The reason for this is that they were hit with a large deposit at 9/2 on marc and the phone lines then lit up and marc was evicted.

It does not need a rocket scientist to work out why this happened. The voters are deserting BB in their droves amidst accusations of wrongdoing and the fact that the app costs 99p to use. This makes the voted on totals so low that they can be effected by a late surge on one or another HM if the VTE is in operation.

Someone lumped on Marc then set a team on speed dial to get him out, simple and this isn't sour grapes, its fact. I have a vested interest in Danny getting to the finals because of a large bet I placed ages ago, so I have no ulterior motive to scream foul. I liked Marc, but sadly he was sandbagged and the production team are well aware that the same team that scammed Marc out, are now targeting Danny for the win which suits BB. They want golden balls and Emmas mate, the scammer, in their corner and he will probably get great edits now.
As for as these accusations go it does sound at least feasible but my question is wouldn't they have bet a large amount on someone giving them better odds? I don't know what the odds were but I'd imagine Marc wasn't the least favourite to go? If it is true they could have targeted Marc knowing he'd get more votes by the general public, idk.

I'm not buying it personally but it does sound like this could have happened.
BigBuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:29 AM #5

Quote:
Offering an opinion on why he was evicted is part and parcel of how the forum works, just the same as your opinions on your boy Joel.
Don't get personal or anything, I just don't understand why people are wasting so much time trying to justify why Marc was evicted, thinking up any excuse other than the fact that people wanted him out. People are calling a fix on it and now you've said that, his eviction has been and gone and coming up with these ideas won't bring him back.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:34 AM #6
cancelled

cancelled

i have asked before.............in what other betting can those making bets

also help determine the outcome?

last season helen's win came as a bit of a surprise...........perhaps driven by

those investing when odds were more favourable

of course there is always more to any story.............mark was evicted largely because

of his actions in the house and helen won though pass to final/production

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:40 AM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

A betting scam will ensure Chloe is evicted next.

Last edited by karezza; 07-07-2015 at 09:15 AM.
karezza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 AM #8

His name is "Marc".At least get the name of the guy you're trying to protect right.

It wasn't a betting scam,the Maj of the public who hadn't had a chance to vote for him yet had decided that on balance he was a nasty piece of work

cos he enjoyed continuing to abuse people after they were r upset.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:55 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post

It wasn't a betting scam,the Maj of the public who hadn't had a chance to vote for him yet had decided that on balance he was a nasty piece of work
In your opinion.

Everyone I know liked Marc the best in the house, no-one I know voted. No-one I know ever spends money on voting on TV shows so I'm not sure what type of mentality or opinion the people do who hold. The other three up for eviction were bland enough not to generate enough hate for people to spend money on voting out in any case (in my opinion).

Last edited by Jimrod; 07-07-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:59 AM #10
-

-

Quote:

It's possible that something similar happened with Helen IMO. Her odds absolutely plummeted in the 36 hours before the final and then she won. I put Ł10 on her at 33/1 less than a week before the final and I'm pretty sure 2 days before the end she was still sitting at 20/1... by the time lines closed she was 7/2. A drop like that for Big Bro is unprecidented. I'm not complaining really, I got my money, just regret not putting on more , but yeah...

I'd say that vote manipulation for a show like Big Brother these days isn't that far fetched. Viewership numbers aren't sky high and the numbers actually bothering to vote are a fraction of that.

I stopped watching 4 days in this year. I haven't even bothered to Sky+... deleted it completely. None of it even has the illusion of being "real" these days. I used to much prefer the civvy series to Celeb but this year it looks like I've finally ditched it completely, whereas I really enjoyed the winter Celeb show. Guess I'll just tune back in when Celeb starts .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:04 AM #11

Quote:
He was evicted because women who vote, in general, don't like foul mouthed, manipulative creeps and bully boys.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:06 AM #12
Banned

Banned

Maybe but to be honest...you only need to read these threads over the past few weeks to see how totally divided voters were about Marc......heres a theoretical poll.... if each of the other housemates had 2000 fans that liked them and 2000 fans that didn't then Marc was never gonna stand a chance of winning because in comparison he prob had 10, 000 fans that liked him and 10,000 that didn't....

I LOVED mark....personally he is HANDS DOWN my fave house mate ever ....BUT i hated Helen who was HANDS DOWN my least fave house mate ever....so i am not being bias when i say that i totally agreed with them both when they said this years house mates are just coasting, and beige and ripping big brother off while offering the viewers zero entertainment at all.
REDCROP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM #13
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Without knowing the voter numbers, its difficult to comment tbh. It is certainly possible to bet on someone to be evicted and then to follow it up with a few votes to try and sway the result in your favour. It doesn't even need a syndicate to do it, just favourable enough odds to make it worth while

Fundamentally though, Marc was always likely to go when he was put up. He was way to controversial to survive VTE
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM #14

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
He was evicted because women who vote, in general, don't like foul mouthed, manipulative creeps and bully boys.
Dannys still in and will win.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:11 AM #15
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Marc was evicted because lots of people hated him and it was Vote to evict lol

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:19 AM #16

The only problem I have with the OP is that the so called major bookmakers such as PP have become risk averse and will not lay a decent sized bet to an individual customer.The only way to get a decent sized wager placed is via using other peoples accounts and this must be done in a very coordinated way because the price will soon disappear.

On Saturday morning I wanted Ł200 EW on Jack with Paddy Power at there 10/1 they offered me a max Ł22.So to get more on I had to use helpers.

So regardless of the reduced number of votes in order to justify the extra expense of multiple voting to ensure the result a large amount of money would have needed to be placed quickly to make the net profit worthwhile.

I do think this was done successfully last year and was the reason for Helens win but the bookmakers will now have sophisticated tracking software in place for the BB markets to prevent a repeat.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 AM #17
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

not a scam

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:33 AM #18

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

A marmite HM went in a vote to evict.

No need for conspiracies.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:36 AM #19

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

I was the most shocked when Marc was evicted as all the polls on here showed him as the most popular. Then his name was called out I was gobsmacked. However it was clear that the voting public saw Marc the way I saw him, a vile, foul mouthed, sexually insulting, show off. I have supported many Irish housemates, Noirin, Keeva, Hazel and Jade but Marc was not worthy of my support this year. What ruined him for me was the first two weeks he was in there. No matter how much so called 'nice moments' he had after that I could never like him
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:37 AM #20
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I was the most shocked when Marc was evicted as all the polls on here showed him as the most popular. Then his name was called out I was gobsmacked. However it was clear that the voting public saw Marc the way I saw him, a vile, foul mouthed, sexually insulting, show off. I have supported many Irish housemates, Noirin, Keeva, Hazel and Jade but Marc was not worthy of my support this year. What ruined him for me was the first two weeks he was in there. No matter how much so called 'nice moments' he had after that I could never like him
Most popular means nothing in a VTE with 4 people up, yeah he had loads of fans but he also had loads of Haters. If Helen hadn't been immune from every eviction last year she wouldn't have won either because she would never have survived a VTE

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:42 AM #21

he's gone back to obscurity - get over it.

on a side note...if Irish people were allowed to vote, there would be no question about his eviction as this years Irish selection was probably the most horrible representation of Irish people to be put in the house. the phones would have been broken sending evictions votes his way.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:10 AM #22

Slightly off topic but an interesting betting aspect is Nick and his fathers executive position with one of the country's biggest bookmakers.

Bookmakers use betfair but also trade with each other when looking to balance there field money and off set liability's.

So should he feel inclined Daddy is best placed to get substantial sums on his son winning and has a huge pool of employees who might be inclined to vote for same.?

One of the very few braver bookmakers on odds checker is 365 currently they are extending Nicks odds now going 7/1 but Dads firm still don't want him going a worst priced 5/1.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:15 AM #23
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

If there supposedly was a scam, surely Sam would have been the best option for that, since she had by far the biggest odds?
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:38 AM #24
0_o

0_o

VTE tends to get rid of bigger personalities. BB had saved him for weeks so people who hated him voted more incase it was their only chance. His odds were great when it was clear he was going (opening odds were bloody 14/1 )

Mix of things.

However I do feel Helen won last year mainly because of the betting
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:43 AM #25

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:

Ive been saying this for years now.

But marc was evicted cause the public hated him, for me there was no shock at this result.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
betting, evicted, mac, scam