Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 27-09-2015, 09:00 PM #1

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
Default Jeremy Corbyn Says 9/11 A Conspiracy, Attacks Manipulated To Blame Osama Bin Laden

It appears you can add Jeremy Corbyn to the list of 9/11 conspiracy theorists, as a new report has revealed that the Labour leader once claimed that the September 11 terrorist attacks were “manipulated” by the West so it could go to war with Afghanistan.

Corbyn made the conspiracy theory claims in an article he wrote 12 years ago, in which he criticised Tony Blair and George W Bush for using the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York as an excuse to go to war.

The now-66-year-old added that Osama bin Laden was made to look responsible to facilitate the UK Prime Minster and U.S. President’s aims.

In the 2003 piece for The Morning Star, Corbyn wrote:

"Historians will study with interest the news manipulation of the past 18 months. After September 11, the claims that bin Laden and al-Qaida had committed the atrocity were quickly and loudly made. This was turned into an attack on the Taliban and then, subtly, into regime change in Afghanistan."

In a number of prior articles, Corbyn appeared to endorse the controversial conspiracy theories about the ‘New World Order’.

In 2011, Corbyn famously said that it was “a tragedy” that Bin Laden was never put on trial, a statement he was recently misquoted on by those who oppose him.

In that interview, he said:

"There was no attempt whatsoever that I can see to arrest him, to put him on trial, to go through that process. This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy. The World Trade Center was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy. Tens of thousands of people have died. Torture has come back on to the world stage, been canonised virtually into law by Guantanamo and Bagram. Can’t we learn some lessons over this?"

Jeremy Corbyn is conducting his first Labour conference as leader today, already calling for a crackdown on tax avoidance but admitting that he will face a battle convincing MPs that the UK’s Nuclear Trident plans should be scrapped.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/jer...ama-bin-laden/

Last edited by letmein; 27-09-2015 at 09:02 PM.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 09:01 PM #2
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

This is all rubbish scaremongering.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 11:23 PM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
This is all rubbish scaremongering.
Let's hope so!
A man with views like that has no business running a country.Which is what he aspires to.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 27-09-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 11:29 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

It's probably the least crazy conspiracy theory
Samuel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2015, 11:30 PM #5
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry

Well, at least he didn't **** a dead pig in the mouth.
Old 28-09-2015, 12:00 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well, at least he didn't **** a dead pig in the mouth.
Haha!Someone had to.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 12:19 AM #7
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Třm View Post
yet if it was someone like the leader of ukip saying this, you'd be eating this all up, wouldn't you?
Tbh they'd be an idiot like Corbyn is if they wanted to lead the country and then attack what is perceived by many as the UK and USA's “greatest” moment in the 21st century.

I personally think that there's two sides to a story so I can understand where Corbyn and other people are coming from in that it's not all necessarily Al Quaeda's the bad guys whilst us and America are the saints, but I do think that we need to go with the evidence that has been given to us and that's Al Quaeda bombed America so America was right to go into war with Afghanistan.

Although America does need to stop trying to interfere so much with the Middle East, they're just gonna make them resent us more every time that they try to interfere.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 03:52 AM #8
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Are we really citing a website called 'Unilad' now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 03:53 AM #9
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Old 28-09-2015, 07:44 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Are we really citing a website called 'Unilad' now

You Are Most Wise
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 08:34 AM #11
-

-

The deliberate assassination (rather than capture) of Bin Laden and then the convenient "dumping" of his body in the sea before anyone outside of the military so much as glanced at it... Is one of the most ludicrous narratives of the last hundred years.

But it's one of those things that you're "not allowed" to talk about. You just have to accept it as a perfectly normal sequence of events, or else you're branded a loony conspiracy theorist.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 09:03 AM #12

I personally don't give a flying feck how the evil psychopathic bastard was killed just as long as he was. God Bless America.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 09:41 AM #13
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Tbh they'd be an idiot like Corbyn is if they wanted to lead the country and then attack what is perceived by many as the UK and USA's “greatest” moment in the 21st century.

I personally think that there's two sides to a story so I can understand where Corbyn and other people are coming from in that it's not all necessarily Al Quaeda's the bad guys whilst us and America are the saints, but I do think that we need to go with the evidence that has been given to us and that's Al Quaeda bombed America so America was right to go into war with Afghanistan.

Although America does need to stop trying to interfere so much with the Middle East, they're just gonna make them resent us more every time that they try to interfere.
Good post Mock, I agree with all that.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 09:55 AM #14
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I personally don't give a flying feck how the evil psychopathic bastard was killed just as long as he was. God Bless America.
But if he was who he supposedly was, and they had every chance to take him alive (which they did), then he would potentially have been an absolute goldmine of anti-terrorist intelligence? Yet he was "oops" killed in, supposedly, some sort of trigger-happy raid where he may or may not have been holding a potato gun.

And then the body was "disposed of" very quickly, in questionable circumstances, with near nonsensical excuses.

It just doesn't make any sense. The story doesn't add up, at all. What's the real reason for the body dump? I'm not quite on board with the idea that it wasn't him (some people suggest it was all PR and he had actually randomly died months earlier) but my personal suspicion is that forensic examination of the body wouldn't have matched up with the story that was given about how he was killed. For example, if he was shot from behind while running away, or if he was already tied up and then executed.
Old 28-09-2015, 09:57 AM #15
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
But if he was who he supposedly was, and they had every chance to take him alive (which they did), then he would potentially have been an absolute goldmine of anti-terrorist intelligence? Yet he was "oops" killed in, supposedly, some sort of trigger-happy raid where he may or may not have been holding a potato gun.
And then the body was "disposed of" very quickly, in questionable circumstances, with near nonsensical excuses.

It just doesn't make any sense. The story doesn't add up, at all. What's the real reason for the body dump? I'm not quite on board with the idea that it wasn't him (some people suggest it was all PR and he had actually randomly died months earlier) but my personal suspicion is that forensic examination of the body wouldn't have matched up with the story that was given about how he was killed. For example, if he was shot from behind while running away, or if he was already tied up and then executed.
Totally agree with all that.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 10:00 AM #16

Quote:
The deliberate assassination (rather than capture) of Bin Laden and then the convenient "dumping" of his body in the sea before anyone outside of the military so much as glanced at it... Is one of the most ludicrous narratives of the last hundred years.

But it's one of those things that you're "not allowed" to talk about. You just have to accept it as a perfectly normal sequence of events, or else you're branded a loony conspiracy theorist.
Old 28-09-2015, 10:10 AM #17
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

The series of events was a little strange I have to admit. I don't know why questioning it should make anyone think you're a crazy conspiracy theorist but you're right it does

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 10:15 AM #18

So many questions regarding Osam Bin Laden's death remain unanswered.
Old 28-09-2015, 10:18 AM #19

There are people out there who are oh so willing to believe the most ludicrous, uncorroborated rubbish about ANYONE just as long as it suits their own political stance:

"Nigel Farage Ate My Albanian Immigrant Hamster"

But let genuine reportage surface which speaks the CORROBORATED truth about one of their political dah-lings and they are up in arms decreeing it all "Fake", "Character Assassination", and "Lies", or worse - they lambaste the sources of the reports as; "Right Wing Propagandists".

It does not matter what colour Paul Revere's horse was when he announced that "The British Are Coming" - 'The British' were, indeed, 'Coming', and it does not matter what political bias (if any) the media has which reports these unsavoury facts about Corbyn - He SAID them. Provable, checkable - He SAID them.

I do not give a hoot what Corbyn and/or his PR Machine say now about;

"That was a long time ago and Jeremy's changed", "Oh, Jeremy was deliberately misquoted" etc. etc. The man is a treacherous fifth columnist who wishes to gain the most powerful political position in the UK so that he can render this country totally defenseless against threats from without, and totally defenseless to insurrection from within due to the unprecedented numbers of ANT-BRITISH immigrants he will have let flood into the UK with his nefarious policies.

"Jeremy's changed"

That's like the 'Zeus' virus - reputedly the most lethal 'Trojan Horse' virus known - suddenly saying (if it could talk) "I'm no longer a threat to your PC, I've changed. Let me in. Put me in charge of your PC's security".

Oh yeah. Jeremy. Sure.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 28-09-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comments
Old 28-09-2015, 10:19 AM #20
You know my methods

You know my methods

I thought it was IKEA that did 9/11

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 10:22 AM #21

Quote:

I simply do not care T.S. As far as I am concerned it is one terrorist less and many innocent people can sleep more safely in their beds with each terrorist who is disposed of the same way - no matter in which manner that was.
Old 28-09-2015, 10:24 AM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I simply do not care T.S. As far as I am concerned it is one terrorist less and many innocent people can sleep more safely in their beds with each terrorist who is disposed of the same way - no matter in which manner that was.
For me, it's not because I care about Osama Bin Laden, I'm just wondering what the Americans wanted covering up (if anything of course)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 10:25 AM #23
-

-

Quote:
The thing that saves the most lives is counter intelligence and the information that, presumably, could have been gotten from Bin Laden - a supposed head of the snake - would have been worth infinitely more than one dead terrorist.

That's somewhere we'll always differ though Kirk. I'd rather live and die hearing the truth than be safer in ignorance.
Old 28-09-2015, 10:28 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I thought it was IKEA that did 9/11

The way the towers collapsed, it could have been MFI who built them.
Old 28-09-2015, 10:37 AM #25
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
The thing that saves the most lives is counter intelligence and the information that, presumably, could have been gotten from Bin Laden - a supposed head of the snake - would have been worth infinitely more than one dead terrorist.

That's somewhere we'll always differ though Kirk. I'd rather live and die hearing the truth than be safer in ignorance.
...it is all odd and this isn't something I've given though to until just now but because of his 'value', would they have thought that him being alive and captured could just lead to many hostage situations to get him back../released..?..

Last edited by Ammi; 28-09-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
9 or 11, attacks, bin, blame, conspiracy, corbyn, jeremy, laden, manipulated, osama