Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-09-2015, 06:34 PM #76
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Party-pooper, where's the fun in that?
shurrup TS you looney leftie

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 06:36 PM #77
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
She was like my first ever love omg. I remember always watching the film just because of her
I always wanted her and Quasi to get together!!!
Dollface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 06:37 PM #78

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I don't have an issue with people coming over here if it's for genuine reasons, but we have enough crime in Britain as it is without foreigners coming over here to take advantage of our easy touch government, we're too concerned about looking good to the rest of the world to put our foot down and deport people if they don't bring something to the table for us, Government, especially right now are so concerned with cutting British people's benefits because a minority of the population are playing silly buggers with the system, but yet they're happy to allow people to come over here - who a lot of the time have no intention to work or to give back to a country willing to take them in - and scrounge off of the benefits so they can stay here and commit crimes against people, it's ludicrous.

If you want to come over here to work and live a better life for you and your family, come on over, you're more than welcome, but if you want to come over to break the law and do your own thing, then don't even bother coming, but if they do, send them back to where they come from, we have enough issues of our own without having to deal with people like that.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:39 PM #79
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I don't have an issue with people coming over here if it's for genuine reasons, but we have enough crime in Britain as it is without foreigners coming over here to take advantage of our easy touch government, we're too concerned about looking good to the rest of the world to put our foot down and deport people if they don't bring something to the table for us, Government, especially right now are so concerned with cutting British people's benefits because a minority of the population are playing silly buggers with the system, but yet they're happy to allow people to come over here - who a lot of the time have no intention to work or to give back to a country willing to take them in - and scrounge off of the benefits so they can stay here and commit crimes against people, it's ludicrous.

If you want to come over here to work and live a better life for you and your family, come on over, you're more than welcome, but if you want to come over to break the law and do your own thing, then don't even bother coming, but if they do, send them back to where they come from, we have enough issues of our own without having to deal with people like that.
Totally and utterly agree, as always. Well said.
Old 29-09-2015, 06:40 PM #80

What I find intriguing, is we are all so busy defending people from other cultures and their rights to be here that we are allowing our national identity to slip a little. There was a story in the paper about a guy serving in the RAF being asked to leave a hospital waiting room for fear that his uniform would upset other cultures. This guy has served on active duty and he and all the other armed forces now and in the past have allowed us to enjoy our country as a safe and liberal place but it seems it is ok to offend people like that but God forbid you dare air views on other cultures for fear of being labelled xenophobic or racist (which I am neither). All the media hype about immigrants are fuelng people's distrust / dislike and making the situation worse IMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-patients.html

Last edited by AnnieK; 29-09-2015 at 06:40 PM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 06:41 PM #81
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
What I find intriguing, is we are all so busy defending people from other cultures and their rights to be here that we are allowing our national identity to slip a little. There was a story in the paper about a guy serving in the RAF being asked to leave a hospital waiting room for fear that his uniform would upset other cultures. This guy has served on active duty and he and all the other armed forces now and in the past have allowed us to enjoy our country as a safe and liberal place but it seems it is ok to offend people like that but God forbid you dare air views on other cultures for fear of being labelled xenophobic or racist (which I am neither). All the media hype about immigrants are fuelng people's distrust / dislike and making the situation worse IMO

that disgusting story made me so angry i could not even find it in myself to make a thread
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 06:45 PM #82
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:

That's shocking. I'm all for helping refugees but they need to respect our cultures if they want to come to our countries, that I do agree with.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 06:52 PM #83

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Totally and utterly agree, as always. Well said.
Old 29-09-2015, 07:40 PM #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
This thread is going down an extremely racist route.. the roma people are people not pests.
They are people who ARE pests.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 07:49 PM #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 07:54 PM #86
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:

This is a one-off incidence which the Daily Mail has used on purpose to demonise migrants and big-up the army once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
They are people who ARE pests.
An entire ethnicity are pests based on the crimes that only some of that group commits?

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 08:00 PM #87

Just for the record - I am willing to PROOF to Josy or any appropriate Mod, genuine letters with names, addresses and phone numbers of Asians in Huddersfield and Bradford, Albanians in Sheffield, and Lithuanians in Doncaster who respect me and number me as a friend due to the fact that I have helped each and every one of them and their families in diverse ways including fighting injustice over the past 8 years or so.

Why? Because they are all decent, law abiding, hard-working people who WANT to integrate and who respect us and our way of life.

Are there Asians, Albanians, Lithuanians who are utter, benefit scrounging criminal turds who do not respect us and despise our way of life? Yes, just are there are British ones.

Would I help them or want to befriend them?

No more than I would the turds in the OP.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 29-09-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old 29-09-2015, 08:01 PM #88

Quote:
This is a one-off incidence which the Daily Mail has used on purpose to demonise migrants and big-up the army once again.

An entire ethnicity are pests based on the crimes that only some of that group commeits?
It was reported in all the newspapers so you cannot say the Daily Mail has used it. The army should be "bigged" up imo opinion, had service personnel not served this country would not be the safe haven it is today. This incident, be it a one off or not, is deplorable
Old 29-09-2015, 08:04 PM #89

Quote:

An entire ethnicity are pests based on the crimes that only some of that group commits?
FFS These types of incidents are widespread and increasing.
Old 29-09-2015, 08:05 PM #90

Quote:
It was reported in all the newspapers so you cannot say the Daily Mail has used it. The army should be "bigged" up imo opinion, had service personnel not served this country would not be the safe haven it is today. This incident, be it a one off or not, is deplorable
You are wasting your time.
Old 29-09-2015, 08:06 PM #91

Quote:

I believe - like me - Jenny was referring SPECIFICALLY to the ROMA TURDS in the OP.
Old 29-09-2015, 08:21 PM #92
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
This is a one-off incidence which the Daily Mail has used on purpose to demonise migrants and big-up the army once again

This was NOT a one-off incident. There are no military hospitals any more and our troops have to be treated in civilian hospitals. There have been numerous documented verbal and physical attacks on soldier in hospital, by Muslims, livid that the soldiers were being treated on the same ward as their family. My husband wasn't allowed to wear his uniform in public despite the fact he was serving his country and was fiercely proud of that. Compare that to the USA where military service is respected and military personnel in uniform are treated with respect.

The story Annie posted was disgusting, and all you can say is that it was a one-off to "demonise migrants and big-up the army"? It seems you only believe the stories that suit your agenda Josh. Everything else is a right-wing plot.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 08:28 PM #93

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

I can see both sides of the argument. Never should an entire ethnicity be generalised, individuals obviously can differ massively despite sharing the same cultural background and upbringing, however of course there will inevitably be differences in what's deemed acceptable behaviour and perhaps (I don't know a great deal about them) Roma gypsies' way of life has lead to them believing thieving to survive to be perfectly acceptable within their community. That's not to say they are evil people or anything alike but it could well be an attitude that has been passed done through generations of trying to survive in a lifestyle that is becoming increasingly hard to sustain, but also obviously the only way of life they've known.

With that said, I don't know what my thoughts are on this story
Samuel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 08:54 PM #94
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All this over a story from December 2014 that's been posted lol? I get that this thread has branched out a bit but actually the (old) news story in the OP doesn't offend me that much. He's a scrap metal collector whose wage is so low that he's eligible for benefits and tax credits. He tops up his earnings with those and he sends his money home to support his family. He's from an EU country so has the right to free movement and he can do what he likes with his money. I don't see why people are talking about our country being an 'easy touch' or how we should be deporting people breaking our laws because, as far as I can see, this man is doing nothing illegal. If people have a problem with it then blame the system not the low-earning scrap metal collector who is using EU values to support himself and his family.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 09:29 PM #95

Roma originated in Northern India, something like a thousand years ago. The language they speak is Romani/y which is basically a dialect of the Hindu language. When a gypsy talks about himself he will call himself 'Roma' but when he talks about a group of gypsies he will call them 'Romani/y'.

My thoughts are...gypsies, whether they be Irish Tinkers or Romani's can be problematic here in the UK. Most of them were born here, though we do have Romani's coming in from other parts of Europe and Tinkers coming over from Ireland.

Many Romani's are hard working, honest and law abiding citizens but we never hear about the proud Romani's, just the trouble makers. In the UK it feels as though the Romani trouble makers are a law unto themselves. Police often refuse to venture into camps or even get involved when they hear the word 'gypsy'.

In France, (not so much the big cities) the Romani's are better tolerated by the general population as a travelling work force. People don't fear them, in fact they are a well respected people. They are encouraged to work, even those in the camps give basket weaving lessons and teach the public about traditional gypsy ways. If they cause any problem the gendarme come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Old 29-09-2015, 10:38 PM #96

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The Roman people ARE pests. It isn't racist to say that if it's true. The vast majority of them are of the criminal element, evidence tell you that, even their own countrymen will tell you that. If they're not here to work and they're not legitimate refugees they should be shipped back the minute they break the law.
How is this thread still open?
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 10:45 PM #97

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Can you all try to discuss the topic and not eachother please
This is a hate thread and should be locked. Warnings should be going out as well. I can't believe hate speech like this is even permissible here. Open up a history book. Anti-Roma propaganda like this is dangerous. It led to genocide the last time.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 10:52 PM #98
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmein View Post
I can't believe hate speech like this is even permissible here.
Really? It's not that uncommon on here tbh...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 10:53 PM #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmein View Post
This is a hate thread and should be locked. Warnings should be going out as well. I can't believe hate speech like this is even permissible here. Open up a history book. Anti-Roma propaganda like this is dangerous. It led to genocide the last time.
There is no 'Hate Speech' of Romas per se, just the truth about about a certain group of unlawful people who just happen to be 'Roma'.

If a pack of feral dogs were roaming around entering homes and attacking people, would a member outlining the existence of such be accused of 'misocyny' - the hating of all dogs?

Perspective is what's needed not thread closing.
Old 29-09-2015, 10:55 PM #100

Was the great Dean Martin xenophobic? I only ask because I swear I once heard him singing; 'Arriverderci Roma'.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
growing, gypsies, roma, uk