Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 16-01-2017, 06:40 PM #201
Namaste

Namaste

This is really cool. They have a couple of tie-in websites (one for Westworld and one for Delos) as if it's a real-world thing and they made some cool updates after the events of the finale (part of it drops a big clue about one of the unresolved plotlines of the first season)

http://www.thisisinsider.com/westwor...finale-2016-12

So it's seemingly pretty much confirmed that
Spoiler:

Elsie is still alive, as I thought

Wish DiscoverWestworld wasn't blocked in the UK though

Last edited by Lostie!; 16-01-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 07:56 PM #202
You know my methods

You know my methods

i have STILL not watched the last ep

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 08:53 PM #203
Namaste

Namaste

I need these in my life

http://beyondwestworld.com/2017/02/2...vinyl-figures/
Old 27-02-2017, 09:07 PM #204
-

-

Those are cute.

I love the Bernard one, the face looks just like him.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 11:47 PM #205
Namaste

Namaste

It'd be epic if the Little Boy Ford one did this

Old 24-03-2017, 12:05 PM #206
Namaste

Namaste

A bit of season 2 casting news

Spoiler:

Talulah Riley upgraded to series regular for season 2

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/23/westworld-season-2-angela//

She was actually one of the characters I was most intrigued by in season 1 and I kept hoping we'd see more of her so I'm really glad about this

Last edited by Lostie!; 27-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 24-03-2017, 06:12 PM #207
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Spoiler:

She was actually one of the characters I was most intrigued by in season 1 and I kept hoping we'd see more of her so I'm really glad about this :
Old 27-03-2017, 11:24 PM #208
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:

Spoiler:

She was actually one of the characters I was most intrigued by in season 1 and I kept hoping we'd see more of her so I'm really glad about this
And another

Spoiler:

Louis Herthum (Peter Abernathy) has also been upgraded to a regular.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/westworl...52806/#respond

Really happy about this one too, his performances in season 1 were brilliant I like that being decommissioned (and essentially lobotomized) doesn't necessarily mean the end of a Host's role in the story.

If none of Anthony Hopkins, Sidse Babett Knudson, Jimmi Simpson and Ben Barnes return to the main cast next season, we'd still have space in the opening credits for some more new names, although I'm not counting out any of them coming back as regulars just yet given the nature of the show.

Last edited by Lostie!; 27-03-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 28-03-2017, 06:38 AM #209
nope

nope

Quote:
And another

Spoiler:

Really happy about this one too, his performances in season 1 were brilliant I like that being decommissioned (and essentially lobotomized) doesn't necessarily mean the end of a Host's role in the story.

If none of Anthony Hopkins, Sidse Babett Knudson, Jimmi Simpson and Ben Barnes return to the main cast next season, we'd still have space in the opening credits for some more new names, although I'm not counting out any of them coming back as regulars just yet given the nature of the show.
Really pleased about this, one of my favourites

Last edited by Natalie.; 28-03-2017 at 06:40 AM.
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 06:39 AM #210

Just a rumour I heard, I don't think it's anything more than a theory, but if it is true it's quite a big spoiler...

Spoiler:

Quote:

I heard a theory that he might return as either a host, or it was actually a host version of Ford that was killed at the end of Season 1, and I'd imagine if it was true that they'd want to keep it a surprise so I wonder if they'd announce him as part of the Season 2 cast even if he is in it.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 12:11 PM #211
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
Just a rumour I heard, I don't think it's anything more than a theory, but if it is true it's quite a big spoiler...

Spoiler:

I heard a theory that he might return as either a host, or it was actually a host version of Ford that was killed at the end of Season 1, and I'd imagine if it was true that they'd want to keep it a surprise so I wonder if they'd announce him as part of the Season 2 cast even if he is in it.

I've heard that too. Although,
Spoiler:

as much as I thought Hopkins was brilliant and Ford became one of my favourite characters on TV, I think the impact of his story would be lessened if it was a Host copy that Dolores killed. Him allowing himself to be the first big casualty of the rebellion he sparked is a fitting end for him. I'd love to see more of him in flashbacks etc but yeah, I hope it was the real him who died for the sake of preserving the impact of his character arc.

The camera focusing on the machine creating a new Host during Theresa's murder is still suspicious though. The big theory was that it was making a copy of Theresa to cover up her death but that was apparently debunked when Ford made no effort to keep her death a secret, only the cause. Since the finale, the main theory has been the Ford Host idea but I'm not completely giving up on the Theresa theory since we don't know if her death was ever public knowledge outside of Delos and the staff / board members are being killed off now. Actually, I've seen another theory that the whole Delos board are going to be replaced by Host copies in the outside world which is a really creepy thought
Old 28-03-2017, 01:04 PM #212

Quote:
I've heard that too. Although,
Spoiler:

as much as I thought Hopkins was brilliant and Ford became one of my favourite characters on TV, I think the impact of his story would be lessened if it was a Host copy that Dolores killed. Him allowing himself to be the first big casualty of the rebellion he sparked is a fitting end for him. I'd love to see more of him in flashbacks etc but yeah, I hope it was the real him who died for the sake of preserving the impact of his character arc.

The camera focusing on the machine creating a new Host during Theresa's murder is still suspicious though. The big theory was that it was making a copy of Theresa to cover up her death but that was apparently debunked when Ford made no effort to keep her death a secret, only the cause. Since the finale, the main theory has been the Ford Host idea but I'm not completely giving up on the Theresa theory since we don't know if her death was ever public knowledge outside of Delos and the staff / board members are being killed off now. Actually, I've seen another theory that the whole Delos board are going to be replaced by Host copies in the outside world which is a really creepy thought
Spoiler:

Oh yeah the Theresa thing, I remember reading that was a theory after I watched it. It would have been a good twist although looking back over the season I suppose it would have just been a twist for the sake of it, like I don't see how she'd have fitted into the rest of the story. I'm not sure what the purpose of the camera panning to the host being created might have been though, I'm kinda of the opinion that there was no purpose to it rather than it being a set up for something.

And the thing with bringing her back for season 2 is, why go to the bother of creating a host Theresa for the benefit of the outside world anyway? Like she's not the face of the company or anything (I think). And even though the outside world might not have been told about her death and only the staff were, would it not create various minor plot holes such as staff members might have told their family like you probably would if a colleague died, or a funeral, or informing Theresa's family etc (staff members might have had contact details of her friends or family on the outside etc), or maybe I'm over thinking all of that
(All that being said though I am actually here for a Theresa comeback!)

Oh and I kind of agree with what you're saying about Ford actually, as much as I'd like him to come back it might take away somewhat from the season 1 finale. Although I'm still open minded about the idea of him returning if they do it justice, like he'd have to have a worthy enough story considering it would be altering the impact of season 1, instead of it just being 'yay Anthony Hopkins is back'

Ugh I just love though about this show that there's so many what ifs and possible theories to discuss though and still manages to have a tight storyline instead of being a bit all over the place (no shade @lost)

Last edited by Jamie89; 28-03-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 28-03-2017, 01:49 PM #213
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah the Theresa thing, I remember reading that was a theory after I watched it. It would have been a good twist although looking back over the season I suppose it would have just been a twist for the sake of it, like I don't see how she'd have fitted into the rest of the story. I'm not sure what the purpose of the camera panning to the host being created might have been though, I'm kinda of the opinion that there was no purpose to it rather than it being a set up for something.

And the thing with bringing her back for season 2 is, why go to the bother of creating a host Theresa for the benefit of the outside world anyway? Like she's not the face of the company or anything (I think). And even though the outside world might not have been told about her death and only the staff were, would it not create various minor plot holes such as staff members might have told their family like you probably would if a colleague died, or a funeral, or informing Theresa's family etc (staff members might have had contact details of her friends or family on the outside etc), or maybe I'm over thinking all of that
(All that being said though I am actually here for a Theresa comeback!)

Oh and I kind of agree with what you're saying about Ford actually, as much as I'd like him to come back it might take away somewhat from the season 1 finale. Although I'm still open minded about the idea of him returning if they do it justice, like he'd have to have a worthy enough story considering it would be altering the impact of season 1, instead of it just being 'yay Anthony Hopkins is back'

Ugh I just love though about this show that there's so many what ifs and possible theories to discuss though and still manages to have a tight storyline instead of being a bit all over the place (no shade @lost)
Yeah I think you're right tbh,
Spoiler:

I do think a Theresa Host is pretty unlikely thinking about it. I think the moment for that has probably passed, and for all we know the shot of the machine during her death scene could have just been a stylistic choice (she was being killed by a product of it after all).

And yeah I agree, all the theorising involved and the cryptic nature of the story and how it makes you think (and over-think ) are some of my favourite things about the show, as you might expect from a Lost fan but with the added bonus of being much more planned out. I'm looking forward to rewatching the first season with the knowledge we now have and looking out for the clues, something you can't really experience with a show that makes it up as it goes along (and as much as I loved Lost, it was definitely guilty of that a fair bit ).

Last edited by Lostie!; 28-03-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 28-03-2017, 01:58 PM #214
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I really want to read those spoilers but I'm going to stay strong

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 02:02 PM #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I really want to read those spoilers but I'm going to stay strong
Its just theories tbh, they're not based on anything as far as I'm aware so it's nothing too spoilery (unless you haven't seen all of season 1) but yeah avoid them if you don't want to know any theories.

Old 28-03-2017, 02:03 PM #216
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Its just theories tbh, they're not based on anything as far as I'm aware so it's nothing too spoilery (unless you haven't seen all of season 1) but yeah avoid them if you don't want to know any theories.
Lots of the theories for Season 1 turned out to be right which is why I don't really want to read any

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 28-03-2017, 02:05 PM #217
Namaste

Namaste

Yeah, I'm being safe and tagging all theories I bring up now ever since the big season 1 theories that ended up coming true, just for the sake of people who like to be in the dark about that stuff

I couldn't do that, it's my favourite part of the experience

Last edited by Lostie!; 28-03-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 28-03-2017, 02:06 PM #218
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, I'm being safe and tagging all theories I bring up now ever since the big season 1 theories that ended up coming true, just for the sake of people who like to be in the dark about that stuff

I couldn't do that, it's my favourite part of the experience
There's nothing better then watching the shock of an unexpected twist though

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 28-03-2017, 03:02 PM #219
Namaste

Namaste

I do love that but I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing theories I loved happen for real on-screen and also the whole added atmosphere of reading up on weekly discussions after each episode all just contributes to the enjoyment for me, there was a lot of buzz surrounding the first season online if I avoided all that I'd be detracting from my experience tbh. All just depends on each person's personal preferred way of enjoying the show I guess. Actual spoilers are a big no-no though, theories that may or may not turn out to be right are my limit

But yeah, it makes perfect sense why some people do want to stay away from theories that might alter the way they see certain things so people should have the chance to enjoy it without having theories forced on them.
Old 28-03-2017, 03:12 PM #220
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I did read all the theories for Game of Thrones though after I finished the first 5 books, so the first 5 books was all a surprise but he's dragged his heals so much in writing anymore I needed to read the theories out of desperation

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 30-03-2017, 09:06 PM #221
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I did read all the theories for Game of Thrones though after I finished the first 5 books, so the first 5 books was all a surprise but he's dragged his heals so much in writing anymore I needed to read the theories out of desperation
Sshh, don't give Jonathan Nolan ideas. Waiting 2 years for more Westworld is bad enough
Old 16-06-2017, 01:46 PM #222
Namaste

Namaste

Jonathan Nolan has posted on Reddit and, unless he's ****ing around, seemingly revealed the title of the season 2 premiere (not really big news but I'll take anything right now )

Spoiler:

"Journey into Night" presumably, Ford's final narrative.

Last edited by Lostie!; 23-07-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 16-06-2017, 02:26 PM #223
-

-

I'm ready
Old 16-06-2017, 02:34 PM #224
Namaste

Namaste

Can you believe it's been 6 months since the first season ended?
Old 16-06-2017, 02:45 PM #225
-

-

Quote:
Can you believe it's been 6 months since the first season ended?
1/4 down 3 to go

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, 2018, 22nd, 2nd, 4th, april, atlantic, full, hbo, october, premieres, released, renewed, season, sky, spring, trailer, westworld