Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB19 Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 PM #76
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If you hate someone you have never met to such an extent you'll use a seriously ill loved one of theirs' to bash them then perhaps it's time to step away from the device you're using and take a good long look at yourself.
[2]
Get away from the computer Sampvt, you're embarassing yourself

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:31 PM #77
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
It must have been their mum not wanting them told.
If so, that is ****ing disgusting...for the sake of cbb? Nah. Imagine how bad they would have felt if he had died and they had been messing around in the house unaware :S

If it was the fathers choice then its still pretty bad but a bit better...but come the **** on, this is a gameshow. Family first
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:36 PM #78
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...en-dad-9756129

"Jedward admitted they still hadn't spoken to their dad in hospital the day after leaving the CBB house".
ouch...thats pretty bad tbf :/

Life support is just that...its not definite or anything. There are no guarantees and every minute is a fight
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:38 PM #79
0_o

0_o

Quote:
You think it's saintly to go straight to ICU if someone found out a loved one was there? Wow. Okay.
Yes..odd really. I would have thought anyone finding out their parent was on life support would be there as soon as possible. Unless you didn't speak to said parent or had fallen out badly or something I guess...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2017, 11:39 PM #80

Quote:
You think it's saintly to go straight to ICU if someone found out a loved one was there? Wow. Okay.
Yes, that's clearly what I said.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:41 PM #81
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I would be so pissed off if I wasn't told about my parents are ill even if they didn't want to say anything.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:54 PM #82
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I would be so pissed off if I wasn't told about my parents are ill even if they didn't want to say anything.
Not just ill either...life support ffs. Its horrible really, whatever the reasons. I am glad everything worked out ok in the end but he could have died while they were in the house. Would they even have been told then or would it be kept til later so they didn't leave?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-02-2017, 12:22 AM #83
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Why are we all taking a tabloid article as gospel, maybe we should be looking at their response, it might not be that serious ?
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:03 AM #84
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Not just ill either...life support ffs. Its horrible really, whatever the reasons. I am glad everything worked out ok in the end but he could have died while they were in the house. Would they even have been told then or would it be kept til later so they didn't leave?
It depends on their mum or management or whoever BB are in contact with I would best guess.

The producers can't tell them if the family haven't informed them.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:03 AM #85

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

I think some people are jumping to conclusions and not thinking of the practicalities. They were told late at night after the show. Someone in ITU would have been asleep and the hospital isn't going to wake them for a chat. Flights have to be booked to go home. You cant just run to the airport and jump on a plane. It's not like getting a bus to the local hospital. You, I or they might have wanted to be told but the decision their dad took was not to tell them. It was his right to do that. There are all kinds of scenarios people don't figure into the experience because they aren't in those shoes.
For all we know the article isn't that accurate. Maybe their dad is now out of the hospital having been taken ill during the show. We don't know and the finger pointing isn't nice. At the end of day, like most of us, they probably love their dad and would do their best to get where they needed to be as fast as they were able.

In my own experience I went through a whole bunch of emotions including anger and there was lots more I'm not going into but I've never been angry with my dad for not wanting me to be told right away. He was hardly thinking straight, and it was love.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 05-02-2017 at 07:14 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:14 AM #86

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

They were told that after Bots and still went to the after party and hadn't spoken to him until the day after? nah, I'd be straight in a car on my way home to see him, I'd never forgive my family if they did that to me.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:33 AM #87
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
They'd literally been told at the Wrap party at midnight - they probably thought it would be better to wait until morning on a fresh day to talk to their dad rather than get to the hospital in a bad state of mind with no sleep
Well they were certainly told before the wrap party, the reports all say that they were told after BOTS and actually it was the Daily Star front page Saturday and front pages tend to be released 10-11pm the night before. That known they still decided to go the party and proceeded to spend the early hours tweeting insults about their other housemates

Last edited by MTVN; 05-02-2017 at 08:33 AM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:42 AM #88
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
They were told that after Bots and still went to the after party and hadn't spoken to him until the day after? nah, I'd be straight in a car on my way home to see him, I'd never forgive my family if they did that to me.
You would - - drive - - home from England to Ireland? Wow, that really is commitment to family right there.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 AM #89

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You would - - drive - - home from England to Ireland? Wow, that really is commitment to family right there.
Considering I live in Wales it's more doable, but they could have always driven straight to an airport.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:46 AM #90
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Honestly, the jumping the gun on this just believing the press on this is really strange.
I had a friend who suffered brain damage after a car accident, he was often in intensive care due to chest problems.
It was never life threatening but he needed closer monitoring.
When in there or just in hospital he demanded no one visit him because visits upset him.
There are many scenarios to being in hospital and in intensive care, surely we all know the press twist stories to overexaggerate things.

To attack the twins,inferring they don't care and then to be possibly attacking their Mum, for likely obeying her Husband's instructions, is really unbelievable when we only really have a likely distorted press report on the issue.

Not having the full knowledge of the actual facts on this makes those personal jibes to Twins and their Mum even worse.

Last edited by joeysteele; 05-02-2017 at 08:49 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:55 AM #91
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
[2]
Get away from the computer Sampvt, you're embarassing yourself
Douglas please look at your own posts, you are the one that is embarrassing themselves. If you want I am open to criticism if you can post anything Ive written thats not true.

You wont be able to and will probably skate away from this tasks so in future, please refer your posts to insulting HM;s not FM;s. I am entitled to my opinion and I have read numerous reports about their money grabbing mother and reports coming out cement the time lines of what and when they were told, yet to date, including now, they still have not visited their dying dad. That might have changed since this morning but I fear they will wait till the paparazzi get up so they can milk it as a publicity stunt.

You can defend them all you want but they, including mother hen, are pathetic and desperate to earn from any promotion stunt they can get involved in. Dont slag me off for telling the truth when you have some misguided love for them that tries to defend the indefensible. Stick to facts please.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:01 AM #92
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They'd literally been told at the Wrap party at midnight - they probably thought it would be better to wait until morning on a fresh day to talk to their dad rather than get to the hospital in a bad state of mind with no sleep
Absolute crap and totally untrue. Douglas if you are going to enter a debate, at least make sure of your facts as you are the one embarrassing yourself with blatant lies and deceptive truths.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:05 AM #93
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If you hate someone you have never met to such an extent you'll use a seriously ill loved one of theirs' to bash them then perhaps it's time to step away from the device you're using and take a good long look at yourself.
Dezzy the reason why someone resorts to hate as opposed to dislikes is generally fuelled by other posters baits and goading. If there was less goading and baiting on this forum, people like me wouldnt get so het up. I report facts not fiction. If you would care to point me at where ive lied i will be all to willing to apologise but I should be allowed to offer opinions devoid of goading and trolls harassing me just because they dont agree with my views. After all, isnt that what the forum is all about.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:11 AM #94
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Absolute crap and totally untrue. Douglas if you are going to enter a debate, at least make sure of your facts as you are the one embarrassing yourself with blatant lies and deceptive truths.
What facts have you got?

Press reports, have you spoken to them their Mum or their Dad.
The second this came out all you did was to jump in and again attack and make serious inferences to their Mum again as have all series.

I hope they never read your allegations as to their Mum using them as cash cows for herself and acting inappropriately as to their affairs.
All you have is possibly what you've read,you would need much better proof and facts were you to be challenged on your objectionable claims.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:12 AM #95
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Honestly, the jumping the gun on this just believing the press on this is really strange.
I had a friend who suffered brain damage after a car accident, he was often in intensive care due to chest problems.
It was never life threatening but he needed closer monitoring.
When in there or just in hospital he demanded no one visit him because visits upset him.
There are many scenarios to being in hospital and in intensive care, surely we all know the press twist stories to overexaggerate things.

To attack the twins,inferring they don't care and then to be possibly attacking their Mum, for likely obeying her Husband's instructions, is really unbelievable when we only really have a likely distorted press report on the issue.

Not having the full knowledge of the actual facts on this makes those personal jibes to Twins and their Mum even worse.
Nobody on here is fully aware of all the facts, ergo all we have to go on are press and media reports. If our assumptions are wrong, we are then guilty by association and repealed facts are not to be used to goad or troll the posters.

The press reports and ch5's own releases tell a story and facts are reported per say. I merely see them as media parasites that are desperate to do anything and everything to earn a buck and they crossed the morality line this time. No doubt they will visit his as soon as the media circus is there to make a story out of it and they get camera time which i fell is deplorable and disgusting. We will see.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:15 AM #96
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What facts have you got?

Press reports, have you spoken to them their Mum or their Dad.
The second this came out all you did was to jump in and again attack and make serious inferences to their Mum again as have all series.

I hope they never read your allegations as to their Mum using them as cash cows for herself and acting inappropriately as to their affairs.
All you have is possibly what you've read,you would need much better proof and facts were you to be challenged on your objectionable claims.
This is a forum and not a court of law. If we all had to drag evidence around with us for everything we post the forum would be a ghost town. i post opinions based on fact tainted with obvious bile because I dont like them, but please look at this 2 ways.....you ask me to prove these things that are clearly in the media for all to read. I could turn it round and ask you to disprove it, but i wont as it would create an argument and the purpose of the form is debate not arguments.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:32 AM #97
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is a forum and not a court of law. If we all had to drag evidence around with us for everything we post the forum would be a ghost town. i post opinions based on fact tainted with obvious bile because I dont like them, but please look at this 2 ways.....you ask me to prove these things that are clearly in the media for all to read. I could turn it round and ask you to disprove it, but i wont as it would create an argument and the purpose of the form is debate not arguments.

I.just hope you have real facts and proof as to your inferences to their Mum as to her and their finances.
You have chosen so far to put your anti her view on this public forum,no one else.... and it is just that, a public forum that all,members and non members can read.
That is a solid fact.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM #98
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I.just hope you have real facts and proof as to your inferences to their Mum as to her and their finances.
You have chosen so far to put your anti her view on this public forum,no one else.... and it is just that, a public forum that all,members and non members can read.
That is a solid fact.
since when did opinions become facts.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 AM #99
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I think some people are jumping to conclusions and not thinking of the practicalities. They were told late at night after the show. Someone in ITU would have been asleep and the hospital isn't going to wake them for a chat. Flights have to be booked to go home. You cant just run to the airport and jump on a plane. It's not like getting a bus to the local hospital. You, I or they might have wanted to be told but the decision their dad took was not to tell them. It was his right to do that. There are all kinds of scenarios people don't figure into the experience because they aren't in those shoes.
For all we know the article isn't that accurate. Maybe their dad is now out of the hospital having been taken ill during the show. We don't know and the finger pointing isn't nice. At the end of day, like most of us, they probably love their dad and would do their best to get where they needed to be as fast as they were able.

In my own experience I went through a whole bunch of emotions including anger and there was lots more I'm not going into but I've never been angry with my dad for not wanting me to be told right away. He was hardly thinking straight, and it was love.
Whether we agree or disagree on issues,I always love to read your posts.

Over this series you have made some excellent points.
On this issue you already have and the above post says so much of those excellent points, in a fair and balanced way too.

Your own personal shared experience is really thought provoking.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:46 AM #100
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
since when did opinions become facts.
Same goes for you. All you have written here is spiteful comments about jedward and their mom when they are going through a very hard time.

The season has ended and their father is sick, that is not about the game it is REAL life. Just because they are not here to answer doesnt give you the right to drag their name through the mud about a very very sensetive subject. Even if their mother decided that they were not going to be informed, it only concerns them.

To everyone here who say they would've done this or that, you are not in this situation. You are not jedward or their mom. You dont know what exactly happened and you dont know the dynamics in the family and how they work through crisis.

This is time to support Jedward and their family with our kind words instead of adding more pain.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bots, dad, jedward, life, support, told