Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-03-2017, 05:14 PM #1

Default Ken Livingston calls disciplinary hearing 'unfair'

Its like
Fawlty Towers
do not mention the war.....

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-a3503156.html

"Hitler" a word in the Labour party
many say he must never say.

ITV1 London News
say tomorrow he is expecting to be
kicked out of the Labour Party.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 10:08 AM #2
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Anti-semitism in Labour? Surely not................... He really should keep his mouth shut.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 10:35 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

He's an idiot.Why is he digging himself deeper and deeper?He's giving them no choice but to expel him.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 12:38 PM #4
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

If what he is saying is historically correct then where is the problem?...Can it be backed up with facts, if so how can he be expelled for stating what he has, I don't understand :/

Last edited by Kizzy; 31-03-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 01:24 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
If what he is saying is historically correct then where is the problem?...Can it be backed up with facts, if so how can he be expelled for stating what he has, I don't understand :/
Correct Kizzy
its the "Hitler" word
that got him sacked
from LBC radio, a few years ago

same words he used there

Last edited by arista; 31-03-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 31-03-2017, 01:39 PM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
because political correctness has meant nothing can be openly discussed anymore....the irony is labour invented it, now it is destroying them
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 01:40 PM #7
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
because political correctness has meant nothing can be openly discussed anymore....the irony is labour invented it, now it is destroying them
The Labour party invented Political Correctness? Well you learn something new everyday

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 01:47 PM #8
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
The Labour party invented Political Correctness? Well you learn something new everyday
I hope you do
Old 31-03-2017, 01:48 PM #9
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I hope you do
Back at ya

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 02:07 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Why is he even waffling on about Hitler?It's only getting him in hot water.What was the context of why he needed to bring Hitler up?Why is he still talking about Hitler?Idgi
Old 31-03-2017, 02:33 PM #11
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Why is he even waffling on about Hitler?It's only getting him in hot water.What was the context of why he needed to bring Hitler up?Why is he still talking about Hitler?Idgi
I really cant remember , lets be honest we're all too scared to even discuss it
Old 31-03-2017, 02:35 PM #12
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Why can't Hitler be discussed... Are we not to learn and grow as a society by examining past mistakes and atrocities?

Free speech?
Old 31-03-2017, 02:47 PM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Why can't Hitler be discussed... Are we not to learn and grow as a society by examining past mistakes and atrocities?

Free speech?
we should be able to discuss anything and everything...the hysterical media prevent this allied to the evil that is political correctness
Old 31-03-2017, 07:26 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Free speech?
Just wondering what it was all about and if its really worth getting into trouble with his party.I mean he's not in legal trouble it's something that seems to be against party rules.I think we should be able to talk about everything but i suppose if you work for an organisation that doesn't want you making remarks that they deem inflammatory then you keep schtum if you don't want to get into bother with them.
Now he knows its an issue and he's still going on about it.
Is what he's saying actually accurate?Is he using it to try and excuse something?
Why is it a problem within the party?
Old 31-03-2017, 07:31 PM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Just wondering what it was all about and if its really worth getting into trouble with his party.I mean he's not in legal trouble it's something that seems to be against party rules.I think we should be able to talk about everything but i suppose if you work for an organisation that doesn't want you making remarks that they deem inflammatory then you keep schtum if you don't want to get into bother with them.
Now he knows its an issue and he's still going on about it.
Is what he's saying actually accurate?Is he using it to try and excuse something?
Why is it a problem within the party?
I THINK hes claiming the nazis wanted a zionist state?
Old 31-03-2017, 07:33 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I THINK hes claiming the nazis wanted a zionist state?
Yeah before WW2.Now is this a true fact?
If not then i could see why it could be offensive.
Is it checkable?

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 31-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:20 AM #17
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Anyone can talk about Hitler... although if he's introduced into a debate on this forum plenty of people will shout 'Godwin' at you. And if your party is as embroiled in as many anti-Semitism claims as Corbyn's Labour is, you might want to keep your big gob shut.

Rather than me repeating stuff I've said on many other threads, I'll just post this thread from last September...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/mp-rut...16-9?r=US&IR=T
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:49 PM #18

Quote:
Yes and Yes!

The Haavara Agreement can be validated so what Livingstone said was historical fact. I don’t think he should of said it because this was bound to feed the wolves but to call Livingstone anti Semite is ludicrous; his entire life has been spent fighting racism. He’d still be mayor of London if he hadn’t dedicated so much time fighting for small minorities.

This isn’t about Livingstone, its another right wing coup against Corbyn’s Labour party. It’s a smoke screen that's been frenziedly skewed out of all proportion.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:19 PM #19
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Anyone can talk about Hitler... although if he's introduced into a debate on this forum plenty of people will shout 'Godwin' at you. And if your party is as embroiled in as many anti-Semitism claims as Corbyn's Labour is, you might want to keep your big gob shut.

Rather than me repeating stuff I've said on many other threads, I'll just post this thread from last September...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/mp-rut...16-9?r=US&IR=T

Here's a post from last October...

A representative YouGov poll carried out in May 2016 found that Labour voters were no more likely than voters from other parties to express antisemitic attitudes, with UKIP voters demonstrating the highest levels of antisemitism.179 As outlined earlier in this report, a survey of British Jewish people found that almost half of respondents felt that the Green Party is too tolerant of antisemitism (compared with 87% in relation to the Labour Party), 43% think the same of UKIP, 40% of the SNP, and over a third in relation to the Liberal Democrats.180

122.Other political parties have not been immune to accusations of antisemitism, albeit apparently with a smaller number of reported incidents, and with a lower profile. In April 2015, a Conservative candidate for Derby Council was expelled from her Party after she said she would never support “the Jew” Ed Miliband.181 In August 2014, the University College London (UCL) Union investigated the university’s Conservative Society after it was accused of creating a “toxic environment”, with one member reported to have said “Jews own everything, we all know it’s true. I wish I was Jewish, but my nose isn’t long enough”. Media reports suggest that the incident was never investigated by the Conservative Party,182 but it is unclear whether it was ever referred to the Party, and questions have subsequently been raised about the veracity of the complaint.

123.A former Conservative Councillor who defected to the Liberal Democrats after losing his seat, Matthew Gordon Banks, was suspended from his new Party in September after writing on Twitter that “[Tim] Farron’s leadership campaign was organised and funded by London Jews”, adding in a second tweet: “I tried to work with them. Very difficult.”183 The former Liberal Democrat MP David Ward has been accused of antisemitism on several occasions. He was suspended from his Party after accusing “the Jews” of committing atrocities in Palestine,184 and later sent the following tweet: “The big question is–if I lived in #Gaza would I fire a rocket?–probably yes”.185 Baroness Tonge, who now sits in the House of Lords as an independent Liberal Democrat, resigned the Party whip in 2012 after refusing to apologise for saying that “Israel is not going to be there forever”, and has recently attracted fresh criticism for sharing an article that suggested that “Jewish power” was targeting the Labour Party.186 At this year’s autumn conference, the Liberal Democrat Friends of Palestine group was asked to remove Facebook posts that quoted the statement: “The Jews as victim. Always the Jews, only the Jews.” SNP MSP Sandra White apologised “unreservedly” in November 2015 after tweeting an antisemitic image of six piglets (representing the UK and others) suckling at a sow with the word “Rothschild” and the Star of David on it.187 Incidents involving other forms of racism, including Islamophobia, have also affected a number of mainstream parties.

124.Soon after this inquiry was announced, we invited the then Prime Minister, David Cameron, to give oral evidence as Leader of the Conservative Party. On the date in June when he was scheduled to attend, the events leading up to his resignation had been set in motion, and he wrote to the then Committee Chair apologising and stating that he was unable to attend. Rt Hon Patrick McLoughlin MP, the newly-appointed Chairman of the Conservative Party, provided a detailed written submission in early August, and indicated that he would have been happy to give further oral evidence to us.188 We later invited the new Prime Minister on several occasions to give evidence to us in October, but received no formal response until the morning of the scheduled evidence session, when Sir Eric Pickles MP, the UK Special Envoy for Post-Holocaust Issues and former Party Chairman, was nominated to attend as a representative of the Conservative Party.

125.It is very disappointing that the Conservative Party procrastinated for so long, and that both the Leader and Chairman of the Party declined to give evidence on this vital issue, but we are very grateful to Sir Eric for stepping in at the last minute, and value his extensive experience in these matters. He told us that the Conservative Party had had problems (with racism) in the late 1960s, but had learned lessons from this and recognised that it “must have a no tolerance policy with regard to any form of racism”.189 When challenged about the incident at UCL, of which he was unaware, he apologised and said that, on the face of it, the Party should have investigated it; although, as previously mentioned, there is some dispute over the veracity of the complaint itself. Sir Eric denied that he had intended to suggest in his evidence that the Conservative Party was alone in having no ongoing problems with antisemitism among its members, stating that antisemitism is “one of the oldest, most nasty, most evil of all the sins”; that it “comes back”; and that “to suggest for a millisecond that I believe that the Conservative party is free of antisemitism would be a complete bastardisation of what I have just said”

As I said smoke and mirrors, one finger points and there a 3 pointing straight back at as seen here 3 other parties.

http://www.publications.parliament.u...e-006-backlink

Last edited by Kizzy; 02-04-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:23 PM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Yes and Yes!

The Haavara Agreement can be validated so what Livingstone said was historical fact. I don’t think he should of said it because this was bound to feed the wolves but to call Livingstone anti Semite is ludicrous; his entire life has been spent fighting racism. He’d still be mayor of London if he hadn’t dedicated so much time fighting for small minorities.

This isn’t about Livingstone, its another right wing coup against Corbyn’s Labour party. It’s a smoke screen that's been frenziedly skewed out of all proportion.
I know, it's like the antisemitic slurs at the Millibands in the right wing media never happened! :/
Old 02-04-2017, 04:01 PM #21

Quote:
I know, it's like the antisemitic slurs at the Millibands in the right wing media never happened! :/
Yep, its just an orchestrated attack

When you listen to Livingstone, he's talking about the deal made between the Nazi's and the Zionists and he also talks about Hitlers genocidal madness and unacceptable ethnic cleansing. No matter which way I look at this its not anti-Semitism but a historical fact that for some reason we are not supposed to talk about.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:08 PM #22

"This isn’t about Livingstone, its another right wing coup against Corbyn’s Labour party. It’s a smoke screen that's been frenziedly skewed out of all proportion. "

Bang On Right DR
Old 04-04-2017, 07:12 PM #23

Ken was Suspended for one year

SkyNewsHD Live
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Again remind me why referring to the Haavara agreement puts Labour in disrepute?....
Old 04-04-2017, 08:36 PM #25
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Astonishingly Labour have not expelled Ken, they have merely suspended him for another year. Oh dear…

Ken says: “I apologise for the offence caused by those Labour MPs who lied and said I said Hitler was a Zionist” and tells ITV: “I don’t think anyone expected this result”.

Reaction:

Campaign Against Anti-Semitism: “This surely represents the death throes of the Labour Party’s long relationship with the Jewish community.”

Holocaust Educational Trust: “This verdict is a slap on the wrist for a serial offender. That a mainstream political party would consider these views to be welcome within their ranks simply demonstrates that antisemitism is not taken as seriously as all other forms of racism and prejudice.”

Jewish Labour Movement: “This is a betrayal of our Party’s values. One year suspension allows for a revolving door for repeat offenders.”

CST: “This decision strengthens real anti-Semites and their fellow travellers, and will leave the Jewish community less confident than ever that Labour is serious in dealing with anti-Semitism.”

Luciana Berger: “A new low for my party this evening. Appalling decision. Why is antisemitism being treated differently from any other form of racism?”

Wes Streeting: “So much for zero tolerance approach to antisemitism – this is a terrible betrayal of Jewish Labour supporters and our values.”

Michael Dugher: “Is the party really saying it knows more about antisemitism than the Chief Rabbi?”

Tulip Siddiq: “Absolutely ridiculous. Why has this man not been expelled?!”

John Woodcock: “This pathetic Livingstone sentence is an important moment Labour members: do we stand for decency against this or are we part of the decay?”

Communities Secretary Sajid Javid: “Astonishing and wrong that Ken Livingstone has not been expelled. His repeated and offensive comments are totally and utterly unacceptable.”
https://order-order.com/2017/04/04/k...-not-expelled/
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
calls, disciplinary, hearing, ken, livingston, unfair