Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-04-2017, 03:45 PM #26
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
[2]

The fact some chocolate eggs are edible to Muslims has zero relevance to them not stocking a religious Christian one. People acting like they've chosen to stock eggs with Qurans inside instead
Don't be silly, I don't think Qurans are inside the eggs for goodness sakes My point is why not stock both.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 03:50 PM #27

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
Don't be silly, I don't think Qurans are inside the eggs for goodness sakes My point is why not stock both.
Someone already posted the reason is because the sales aren't good enough.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 03:53 PM #28
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

From my (not extensive, I'll admit) knowledge, halal Easter eggs are just regular Easter eggs minus a few preservatives and possibly gelatin, so I don't see a huge difference between a non-Muslim buying a halal Easter egg - which, again, is just a regularly-branded egg with a small sticker on the back, it's not as if they're made by the Muslim Chocolate Company or something - and, say, a non-vegetarian buying a vegetarian product. Sure, there's a religious aspect to it, but at the end of the day it's a minor dietary requirement and that's it.

The Christian Easter egg thing is another matter entirely, as they've been specifically branded to appeal to Christians for no necessity other than wanting kids to know the Easter story. And if they're not selling enough, then why stock them? There are plenty of other ways of teaching kids about Easter...

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 03:55 PM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Someone already posted the reason is because the sales aren't good enough.
But plenty cater for a minority in this country wanting halal meat which goes against our policies in cruelty to animals, so let's face it that excuse is a load of old tosh.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 03:56 PM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

If people are that bothered about their kids learning about Christianity they'd go out and buy them a bible for Easter not rely on a chocolate egg. I don't normally get all SJW in these type of debates but this is a case of blaming Muslims for something that isn't there fault if ever I've seen it.

Last edited by Jordan.; 16-04-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 03:59 PM #31
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Again, since most Easter eggs are halal, I'd be willing to wager that the majority of people who buy them either have no idea or don't care

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:01 PM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If people are that bothered about their kids learning about Christianity they'd go out and buy them a bible for Easter not rely on a chocolate egg. I don't normally get all SJW in these type of debates but this is a case of blaming Muslims for something that isn't there fault if ever I've seen it.
Exactly, it isn't a like for like comparison

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:07 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
But plenty cater for a minority in this country wanting halal meat which goes against our policies in cruelty to animals, so let's face it that excuse is a load of old tosh.
Kosher meat too?
Old 16-04-2017, 04:12 PM #34
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Really confuses me how people get so up in arms over bloody chocolate eggs and what it says on the packaging. There are more important things in life to worry about.
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:15 PM #35
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Really confuses me how people get so up in arms over bloody chocolate eggs and what it says on the packaging. There are more important things in life to worry about.
You know it's nothing to do with eggs really

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:18 PM #36
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
It literally is though but Christians / old people / racists are all determined to find a deeper meaning and conspiracy about it for some reason
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:21 PM #37
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
no one is blaming muslims for anything omg, I'm blaming the supermarkets for taking Christian Easter Eggs out of the supermarkets. Easter is about the Christian religion, if they don't want 'Easter' eggs anymore then don't make it a public holiday and just be done with it. What is the matter with everyone why are so many people hell bent on ridiculing Christian people for their beliefs yet don't ridicule any other cultural beliefs. I am a good, Christian person with a good heart who just wishes everyone could get along but as long as people are making it just one sided that is never going to work. It upsets me that the world is trying to make me feel bad for being a Christian. As I said earlier, they could stock both, I am sure a batch of Christian easter eggs would get taken off the shelves. Doesn't have to be shed loads, just give us a choice. Diversity is supposed to be also about choice, by taking christian eggs off the shelves they have taken my choice away.

Me
Old 16-04-2017, 04:23 PM #38
Banned

Banned

NM's made a large leap of logic here, the Christian Egg isn't stocked because it won't sell well, why waste shelf space on a religious Easter Egg which most people won't care for when you can go for a branded Easter Egg which is more likely to fly off the shelves? You don't want leftover stock that you can't shift and eventually will have to throw away.

'Halal' chocolate (lol) is basically the same thing as vegetarian chocolate so are they also to blame? Because there's as much evidence to suggest that they are responsible for the Christian Easter Egg being rejected by shops as Muslims are.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:27 PM #39
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post

Eggs have been associated with the Christian festival of Easter for god knows how long, which celebrates the death and resurrection of Christ
The egg has long been a symbol of 'fertility', 'rebirth' and 'the beginning'.

Me
Old 16-04-2017, 04:34 PM #40
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
no one is blaming muslims for anything omg, I'm blaming the supermarkets for taking Christian Easter Eggs out of the supermarkets. Easter is about the Christian religion, if they don't want 'Easter' eggs anymore then don't make it a public holiday and just be done with it. What is the matter with everyone why are so many people hell bent on ridiculing Christian people for their beliefs yet don't ridicule any other cultural beliefs. I am a good, Christian person with a good heart who just wishes everyone could get along but as long as people are making it just one sided that is never going to work. It upsets me that the world is trying to make me feel bad for being a Christian. As I said earlier, they could stock both, I am sure a batch of Christian easter eggs would get taken off the shelves. Doesn't have to be shed loads, just give us a choice. Diversity is supposed to be also about choice, by taking christian eggs off the shelves they have taken my choice away.
Theres no need to take it personally. The 'Christian eggs' were barely profitable, and the supermarkets decided to stock up on the popular brands, that happened to be halal.
It has nothing to do with Christians, it has nothing to do with Muslims. They are a business that want to make a larger profit off the public holidays, and it is as simple as that.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:38 PM #41
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
NM's made a large leap of logic here, the Christian Egg isn't stocked because it won't sell well, why waste shelf space on a religious Easter Egg which most people won't care for when you can go for a branded Easter Egg which is more likely to fly off the shelves? You don't want leftover stock that you can't shift and eventually will have to throw away.

'Halal' chocolate (lol) is basically the same thing as vegetarian chocolate so are they also to blame? Because there's as much evidence to suggest that they are responsible for the Christian Easter Egg being rejected by shops as Muslims are.
How do you know it won't sell well, the choice has been taken away so it won't sell at all now. They have refused to sell ANY at all, that isn't catering to everyone. As I said earlier, no one is blaming Muslims, I'm all for 'halal' chocolate being on the shelves, rightly so but what if some people don't want to buy that chocolate. In my local supermarket we have halal counters, a couple of isles of polish and other countries food stuffs and that doesn't bother me, its good they can have the choice to buy those foods. If Halal and other countries food stuffs were removed there would be hell to pay so why is it so bad that some people are upset they have taken the christian choice of egg away.

Me
Old 16-04-2017, 04:42 PM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Supply and Demand is a thing.

Easter and Christmas have become general holidays that are celebrated by most people in the west and Easter Eggs certainly don't form a part of the religious aspects of the Easter Holiday so it's strange to act like the fact that most supermarkets not stocking a non-profitable Egg is somehow an attack on you as a Christian.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:48 PM #43
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Theres no need to take it personally. The 'Christian eggs' were barely profitable, and the supermarkets decided to stock up on the popular brands, that happened to be halal.
It has nothing to do with Christians, it has nothing to do with Muslims. They are a business that want to make a larger profit off the public holidays, and it is as simple as that.
I'm not taking it personally Withano, I'm just frustrated as to why people can't see my point, not one person has come forward with an understanding of my point and I refuse to believe that no one at all agrees with how I view this. Must be just this forum because I know a hell of a lot of people agree with me, of course some don't but a lot do.

Me
Old 16-04-2017, 04:49 PM #44
Banned

Banned

Quote:
How do you know it won't sell well, the choice has been taken away so it won't sell at all now. They have refused to sell ANY at all, that isn't catering to everyone. As I said earlier, no one is blaming Muslims, I'm all for 'halal' chocolate being on the shelves, rightly so but what if some people don't want to buy that chocolate. In my local supermarket we have halal counters, a couple of isles of polish and other countries food stuffs and that doesn't bother me, its good they can have the choice to buy those foods. If Halal and other countries food stuffs were removed there would be hell to pay so why is it so bad that some people are upset they have taken the christian choice of egg away.
Because Tesco has said so and it's not a leap of logic to suggest that it's the same story elsewhere. Christian Easter Eggs have a very specific target audience, a limited one so WHY would a shop stock such a product when they could get a popular brand that sells well to a more general audience? It's common sense.

I imagine it's because people actually buy those other products you've spoken about. Supply and Demand, it's nothing more than that.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:55 PM #45

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Muslims radicalising our Easter eggs

What's next?Chocolate Mosques?eh?eh?

Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:58 PM #46
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not taking it personally Withano, I'm just frustrated as to why people can't see my point, not one person has come forward with an understanding of my point and I refuse to believe that no one at all agrees with how I view this. Must be just this forum because I know a hell of a lot of people agree with me, of course some don't but a lot do.
I can see how that would be frustrating, but I dont understand your point. From a business perspective (which Sainsburys and Asda are), your point is illogical.

You wouldnt buy a crate of Christian eggs as a business owner if you can only sell a small protion of the product at RRP. Its not like Sainsburys can be all like 'yeh, we want 7 eggs at each shop' the Christian Egg company would barely profit from delivering such a small amount countrywide either. Its a lose-lose.

Those that agree with you cant be very business-minded.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:58 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

Me leap?

No,I'm just presenting the evidence of the Islamisation of our Great British supermarkets and creating a fun Easter debate.

What's next?Banning bacon from Asda?eh?eh?
Old 16-04-2017, 04:59 PM #48
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Me leap?

No,I'm just presenting the evidence of the Islamisation of our Great British supermarkets and creating a fun Easter debate.

What's next?Banning bacon from Asda?eh?eh?
well Ham has been banned in some Subways lol

Me
Old 16-04-2017, 05:00 PM #49
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Is NM the new LT,? well done on creating a thread for the forum to come together on
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 05:02 PM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Is NM the new LT,? well done on creating a thread for the forum to come together on
It's an Easter Mass-(debate)

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
asda, christian, easter, eggs, outrage, refuse, sainsbury, stock