Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-04-2017, 11:11 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Default Brave Muslim dares to speak out

Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 07:45 AM #2

He's a fake!
Old 17-04-2017, 07:59 AM #3

He speaks the truth, whoever he is.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 08:23 AM #4
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

I hate the way its written. Switch it up a bit lad.

I guess this video is one of the many reasons not to group all Muslims in to one. Certain political affiliations still like to do that, and hopefully a few will see this vid and realise theyve been dumb all along.
Old 17-04-2017, 08:43 AM #5
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I have seen this and he seems entirely genuine. Unfortunately, as well as what we see around us on a daily basis, his words suggest he is in the minority.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 08:44 AM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
He's a fake!
That's what the extremists say!
Old 17-04-2017, 08:46 AM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I hate the way its written. Switch it up a bit lad.

I guess this video is one of the many reasons not to group all Muslims in to one. Certain political affiliations still like to do that, and hopefully a few will see this vid and realise theyve been dumb all along.
Are you finally admitting to that.
Old 17-04-2017, 08:50 AM #8
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Are you finally admitting to that.
Admitting that right wing politics that show anomosity towards specific groups to gain a following from the weak and frustrated exist? There was never a doubt in my mind. Happens all over the world with different target groups.
Some people would even go as far to suggest that this man is in the minority, just because they're so blinded in hatred. Its a shame, but we need to learn to live with it and hope the education system gets a bit better in the generations to come.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:04 AM #9
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Admitting that right wing politics that show anomosity towards specific groups to gain a following from the weak and frustrated exist? There was never a doubt in my mind. Happens all over the world with different target groups.
Some people would even go as far to suggest that this man is in the minority, just because they're so blinded in hatred. Its a shame, but we need to learn to live with it and hope the education system gets a bit better in the generations to come.
He talks of having to refuse to marry underage girls, being bribed not to speak out, being against genital mutilation, amongst other things, today in Australia. This suggests,like here, these practices are still common place in more than a tiny minority of people.

The best form of education would be for Muslims living in the West to integrate, speak out against those that don't and abandon the wearing of prehistoric garments that represent female subjugation. That would go a long way to create a more harmonious existence for all. I won't hold my breath though.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:09 AM #10
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Deport extremists and take me instead?
Old 17-04-2017, 09:19 AM #11
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He talks of having to refuse to marry underage girls, being bribed not to speak out, being against genital mutilation, amongst other things, today in Australia. This suggests,like here, these practices are still common place in more than a tiny minority of people.
Lets not act as if the average ultright-winger wouldnt lump this bloke with this group if they saw him on the street. This is the issue, people blindly categorising others based on preconceptions. If a person chooses to preconceive, and live their life hating others because they presume 'more than a tiny minority' want these laws in place then they're the problem. They live a life of hatred, and these people are more evil than the average Muslim.

There are evil non-religious people too, can you imagine what the IQ of a person that believes all non-religious people must be evil based on this fact must be. Thats a great leap of logic, and their opinion of non-religious people was probably swayed by an equally evil person of power that also lives a life of hatred.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:51 AM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Lets not act as if the average ultright-winger wouldnt lump this bloke with this group if they saw him on the street. This is the issue, people blindly categorising others based on preconceptions. If a person chooses to preconceive, and live their life hating others because they presume 'more than a tiny minority' want these laws in place then they're the problem. They live a life of hatred, and these people are more evil than the average Muslim.

There are evil non-religious people too, can you imagine what the IQ of a person that believes all non-religious people must be evil based on this fact must be. Thats a great leap of logic, and their opinion of non-religious people was probably swayed by an equally evil person of power that also lives a life of hatred.
I lean slightly right when it comes to mass immigration of religions that refuse to integrate into countries they choose to live in. We see this happening right across the West. No one is expecting people to abandon their religous beliefs just those that represent views and practices that go against the belief systems of the countries they choose to live in.

There has to be some give and take when expecting the host country to offer you all the same privilidges it offers its natural citizens. All we seem to get presented with in return is an arrogance and sense of entitlement that it's their right to carry on as if they still lived in the Middle East. They take but they don't give back. From what I see such disprespect is pretty hateful in itself. This constant sticking two-fingers up at our beliefs and way of life, whilst at the same time enjoying all the benefits of it. Why are you so surprised at the result?

Most reasonable people would expect to assimilate into a country they choose to live and respect their way of life, and, if necessary, adjust certain behaviours at odds with that way of life. It isn't rocket science just commonsense and respect. Respect works both ways. Why do some constantly make exceptions for certain religions? Negative actions tend to get negative results.

In my opinion this man in courageous, honourable and respectful, and therefore worthy of respect, and I believe most would welcome this type of Muslim. It is not the West that are the unreasonable ones here.

Last edited by Brillopad; 17-04-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:23 AM #13
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I lean slightly right when it comes to mass immigration of religions that refuse to integrate into countries they choose to live in. We see this happening right across the West. No one is expecting people to abandon their religous beliefs just those that represent views and practices that go against the belief systems of the countries they choose to live in.
Sorry, I dont see the relevance. Like sorry, I dont care.

Quote:
There has to be some give and take when expecting the host country to offer you all the same privilidges it offers its natural citizens. All we seem to get presented with in return is an arrogance and sense of entitlement that it's their right to carry on as if they still lived in the Middle East. They take but they don't give back. From what I see such disprespect is pretty hateful in itself. This constant sticking two-fingers up at our beliefs and way of life, whilst at the same time enjoying all the benefits of it. Why are you so surprised at the result?
Thats a problem with the media you read, if I only received my news updates from 'I hate ponies magazine', I'd probably feel as if they were a larger issue that they are, and would probably make sweeping generalisations about them all.

Quote:
Most reasonable people would expect to assimilate into a country they choose to live and respect their way of life, and, if necessary, adjust certain behaviours at odds with that way of life. It isn't rocket science just commonsense and respect. Respect works both ways. Why do some constantly make exceptions for certain religions? Negative actions tend to get negative results.
True, and most do. But you dont pay attention to the millions when theres a few that do not do this. Which is odd. You should work on this.

Quote:
In my opinion this man in courageous, honourable and respectful, and therefore worthy of respect, and I believe most would welcome this type of Muslim.
Agreed

Quote:
It is not the West that are the unreasonable ones here.
Bit hard to believe you dont at least think there are some unreasonable people of the west after this rant.

None of this is really relevant to the point I was making, its odd that you would quote me in it.

Last edited by Withano; 17-04-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 10:30 AM #14
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Sorry, I dont see the relevance. Like sorry, I dont care.

Thats a problem with the media you read, if I only received my news updates from 'I hate ponies magazine', I'd probably feel as if they were a larger issue that they are, and would probably make sweeping generalisations about them all.

True, and most do. But you dont pay attention to the millions when theres a few that do not do this. Which is odd. You should work on this.

Agreed

Bit hard to believe you dont at least think there are some unreasonable people of the west after this rant.

None of this is really relevant to the point I was making
Oops, did I get so engrossed in my own rant I overlooked yours.

Point being I think is that most of the unreasonable ones in the West are created by the unreasonable from the ME who just expect it to be a one-way street - theirs.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:33 AM #15
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oops, did I get so engrossed in my own rant I overlooked yours.

Point being I think is that most of the unreasonable ones in the West are created by the unreasonable from the ME who just expect it to be a one-way street - theirs.
Thats cool, I disagree, but this isnt relevant to the OP or any posts that I made so I'm not sure why youre quoting me and telling me this here

Last edited by Withano; 17-04-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 12:44 PM #16

Quote:

The best form of education would be for Muslims living in the West to integrate, speak out against those that don't and abandon the wearing of prehistoric garments that represent female subjugation. That would go a long way to create a more harmonious existence for all. I won't hold my breath though.
Its only the extreme groups that think like this, most Muslims have no interest in underage girls, genital mutilation and other things mentioned in the video.

Your understanding of Islam is roughly equal to that of someone who’d equate the KKK to Christianity. I apologise if that appears rude, but from the looks of things you appear to care passionately about a subject, whilst you fail to fully understand.
Old 17-04-2017, 12:48 PM #17

might do a poem on this dude - and if he calls me fake - he will be right
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 01:52 PM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Its only the extreme groups that think like this, most Muslims have no interest in underage girls, genital mutilation and other things mentioned in the video.

Your understanding of Islam is roughly equal to that of someone who’d equate the KKK to Christianity. I apologise if that appears rude, but from the looks of things you appear to care passionately about a subject, whilst you fail to fully understand.
I'm sorry but I don't think that is an equal correlation you make there. The KKK were not scattered across the globe, they were relatively small in number compared to the Muslims supporting many of these anarchic practices here and abroad.

No one could walk around openly anywhere in the West dressed in the hooded KKK getup. But we allow these women, whether through choice or otherwise, to walk around in their equally repulsive getups praising female subjugation and inferiority in a country where women are considered equal to men, including by Law. It is intended to insult and take the piss. There are occasions when no one, including women, should be allowed to wear what they want if doing so can be considered offensive.

This is not about understanding, I understand, to say otherwise is simply an attempt to undermine my opinion. The facts are simply that there is a difference in opinion between us on how widespread such beliefs and practices are in the West.

With the increasing numbers of women parading our streets loudly shouting their beliefs that women are second-class citizens right through to the increasing number of attacks across the West, such evidence strongly suggests such people are considerably more than a tiny minority.

Last edited by Brillopad; 17-04-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 17-04-2017, 02:02 PM #19
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

In my opinion this man in courageous, honourable and respectful, and therefore worthy of respect, and I believe most would welcome this type of Muslim. It is not the West that are the unreasonable ones here.

You don't know much about our recent colonial/ missionary past do you?
Old 17-04-2017, 02:08 PM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
You don't know much about our recent colonial/ missionary past do you?
I'm not so much interested in historical events as the here and now. We can't change the past.

Neither am I so insecure that I believe we should forever feel apologetic about the alleged actions of past generations and certainly not to the point of the destruction of our own identity and way of life - that fragile belief didn't get the Germans very far did it?
Old 17-04-2017, 02:33 PM #21

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Bin laden lives!!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 03:19 PM #22

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't think that is an equal correlation you make there. The KKK were not scattered across the globe, they were relatively small in number compared to the Muslims supporting many of these anarchic practices here and abroad.

No one could walk around openly anywhere in the West dressed in the hooded KKK getup. But we allow these women, whether through choice or otherwise, to walk around in their equally repulsive getups praising female subjugation and inferiority in a country where women are considered equal to men, including by Law. It is intended to insult and take the piss. There are occasions when no one, including women, should be allowed to wear what they want if doing so can be considered offensive.

This is not about understanding, I understand, to say otherwise is simply an attempt to undermine my opinion. The facts are simply that there is a difference in opinion between us on how widespread such beliefs and practices are in the West.

With the increasing numbers of women parading our streets loudly shouting their beliefs that women are second-class citizens right through to the increasing number of attacks across the West, such evidence strongly suggests such people are considerably more than a tiny minority.
One minute you are suggesting these women are repressed and in the next breath you’re saying they are taking the piss, which one is it?

Nobody, and certainly no religion, should be held above criticism. That's just plain wrong but when someone repeatedly homes in on the “problems with Muslims” and characterise them on the actions of a small percentage of individuals or that matter, a few countries that have an obnoxious culture, people will start to suspect that person is ignorant on the subject, Islamophobic or both. Don’t get me wrong; critical assessment of belief systems should always be encouraged but let’s not generalise our views on the lowest common denominator.
Old 17-04-2017, 04:14 PM #23
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
One minute you are suggesting these women are repressed and in the next breath you’re saying they are taking the piss, which one is it?
They are also taking our jobs, and stealing our benefits.

The real question is how long will these people be everything and nothing and what is this weird muslim voodoo?
Old 17-04-2017, 05:11 PM #24
User banned

User banned

Quote:

In past discussions on the wearing of burkhas on here the usual crowd have argued the wearing of them should be allowed in The West as women should be able to wear what they want despite it being common knowledge that many have no choice.

People chose to focus on the ones that did choose to. Either way it shouldn't be tolerated here for the reasons I already mentioned.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:04 PM #25

Quote:
They are also taking our jobs, and stealing our benefits.

The real question is how long will these people be everything and nothing and what is this weird muslim voodoo?
All them Muslims cumin over ere and being all Muslim

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brave, dares, muslim, speak