Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB18 Big Brother 18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.

Old 29-07-2017, 10:45 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
At the start of the season Lotan had a lot of sense and was often the voice of reason. He became respected and the alpha male because he had good advice [kinda similar to Deborah as a female figure later on in the season]. He was also an entertaining character. I admit I didn't like how he treated Izzy and he got a bit cocky [but as did Chanelle when popularity hit her, so its not much different].

As an actual Housemate though he was largely responsible for one of the best weeks of big brother, and like Isabelle helped cement a divide and caused a really interesting week of big brother. The divide was so interesting to watch I thought, and as soon as Lotan left possibly the most boring week of big brother occured and the highlights typically existed. The following week was then just Smellie. As a housemate he is very much underated, as a person however I didn't really like him, but hes really not as bad as people say. Everyone has been aggressive in that house, and he also made Isabelle really likable, and was responsible for a really interesting voting divide even with the british public [Pro Isabelle or Pro Lotan/Anti Isabelle - which was interesting to watch]
Good analysis...

How anyone can say they prefer watching Smellie I don't know :shrug...let's face it we all love a villain..and we love to watch their demise..don't we?
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 10:54 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Good analysis...

How anyone can say they prefer watching Smellie I don't know :shrug...let's face it we all love a villain..and we love to watch their demise..don't we?
It really depends. I much prefer a villain who's flamboyant and straightforward in their actions, examples including people such as Julie Goodyear, Nicola McLean, John Partridge, Makosi, Natalie Rowe, etc. But when it's just straight demonic scumbag person I very rarely enjoy it and would usually class straight up horrible people as the worst of the worst eg Lotan, Bear, Conor, etc.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 03:34 AM #28
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
At the start of the season Lotan had a lot of sense and was often the voice of reason. He became respected and the alpha male because he had good advice [kinda similar to Deborah as a female figure later on in the season]. He was also an entertaining character. I admit I didn't like how he treated Izzy and he got a bit cocky [but as did Chanelle when popularity hit her, so its not much different].

As an actual Housemate though he was largely responsible for one of the best weeks of big brother, and like Isabelle helped cement a divide and caused a really interesting week of big brother. The divide was so interesting to watch I thought, and as soon as Lotan left possibly the most boring week of big brother occured and the highlights typically existed. The following week was then just Smellie. As a housemate he is very much underated, as a person however I didn't really like him, but hes really not as bad as people say. Everyone has been aggressive in that house, and he also made Isabelle really likable, and was responsible for a really interesting voting divide even with the british public [Pro Isabelle or Pro Lotan/Anti Isabelle - which was interesting to watch]
I see where you're coming from, personally I agree with you aswell as Lotan did create alot of discussions with the BB fans on the Forums, Social Media, and any friends and family that you knew who watched who all had things to say about Lotan and I always appreciate Housemates like that than the bores who play it safe and do nothing for most of their time in the house.

I know that we'll be in the minority on here for having some appreciation for what Lotan brought to the series, but I see BB as more of an entertainment show over a likability contest and he did do things in the house, I still remember how he actually had some fun with Arthur aswell with the stripping.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 04:18 AM #29
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

He was trying so hard to come across as the nice guy. But he couldn't keep up the act anymore. Glad he was thrown out.
Old 30-07-2017, 04:19 AM #30
Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Jemal

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Twice as bad as Sezer
Gstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 06:53 AM #31
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

He was cocky the moment he enter the runway on launch night. Throwing chewed gums on the audience, trying to push one to Emma's mouth. Disgusting behaviour. Fight night came as no surprise.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 07:24 AM #32

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Quote:

Do you rember Savannah "Real name Shauna" interview with Emma and she said she could see Lothan bullying Issy and that she comfonted him about it
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 07:42 AM #33

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Lotan wasn't half as bad as people like to paint on here , all this aggressive misogynistic is bull**** just a phase to make him sound worse that someone who just lost their temper at someone constantly putting him down, we all have a breaking point,evertime he spoke about his girlfriend Isabelle piped up "It's all you ever talk about" so what? what had it to dowith her,that wasn't all he spoke about anyway, then the remark about his boy,he probably overreacted but lots of parents are sensitive over their kids, all he did was throw some water,Chanelle was far more aggressive than him,and all those egirls screaming in his face was uncalled for too. People saying Isabelle got him chucked out,well no it was for other reasons too, no one knows for sure,then you get those gloating she had caused him to lose his job,well no she didn't ,his contract was up ,he should have handled it better but I can see in that situation a lot of people would have found it unbearable and surely Isabelle fans should be thanking him as they keep saying he handed her the win,anyway that's my take on Lotan,he handled it wrong ,but misogynistic and bully never.I think he could have been a pretty good housemate.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 30-07-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 08:03 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Lotan wasn't half as bad as people like to paint on here , all this aggressive misogynistic is bull**** just a phase to make him sound worse that someone who just lost their temper at someone constantly putting him down, we all have a breaking point,evertime he spoke about his girlfriend Isabelle piped up "It's all you ever talk about" so what? what had it to dowith her,that wasn't all he spoke about anyway, then the remark about his boy,he probably overreacted but lots of parents are sensitive over their kids, all he did was throw some water,Chanelle was far more aggressive than him,and all those egirls screaming in his face was uncalled for too. People saying Isabelle got him chucked out,well no it was for other reasons too, no one knows for sure,then you get those gloating she had caused him to lose his job,well no she didn't ,his contract was up ,he should have handled it better but I can see in that situation a lot of people would have found it unbearable and surely Isabelle fans should be thanking him as they keep saying he handed her the win,anyway that's my take on Lotan,he handled it wrong ,but misogynistic and bully never.I think he could have been a pretty good housemate.
My take on Lotan was he believed his own publicity or rather the Dream Boys publicity.

Lotans downfall was he couldn't live up to it and let his true feelings take over in minutes of stress. He was living a lie as he knew he was not this jovial likeable Alpha male who could handle things when they were not going his way.

Because women were two a penny at his appearances, he seemed to think less of women as a whole but elevated the one he choose as a partner to be on a higher position. No one should talk about her but him, no one could be like her and the fact they had broken up was not to be discussed, ever by anyone else but him.

By setting these standards for others, he was bound to fail but was too engrossed in his own world to understand he was just another housemate.

Then his foul and disgusting behaviour towards Isabelle and how he egged on his sad little band of followers, the ever eager and available Ellie, the limpid Tom, Keiron who was scared Isoblel would out his sexual health problems, to insult and isolate her.

I found this quite disgusting and not entertaining in the least, who would? The fact that it quietened down after that was because so many were given warnings not because Lotan left because his baiting, smirking and posturing had become so over the top it was uncomfortable viewing.

How the mighty had fallen, even if his Dream Boys contract had ended, they didn't renew it and blocked him from their website. At least they had a shred of decency.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 30-07-2017 at 08:05 AM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 08:59 AM #35

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I know he is massively unpopular on here, and I won't deny he is an utter dickhead, but he was an amazing housemate tbh. He shaped the whole series, and he was the reason for isabelle winning too
The viewers were going to vote Isy out after she ended Lotan. If it wasn't for BB revealing the voting percentages she would have left that week.

Isy's selfless acts were the reason she won over the viewers imo.
Old 30-07-2017, 01:51 PM #36

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
My take on Lotan was he believed his own publicity or rather the Dream Boys publicity.

Lotans downfall was he couldn't live up to it and let his true feelings take over in minutes of stress. He was living a lie as he knew he was not this jovial likeable Alpha male who could handle things when they were not going his way.

Because women were two a penny at his appearances, he seemed to think less of women as a whole but elevated the one he choose as a partner to be on a higher position. No one should talk about her but him, no one could be like her and the fact they had broken up was not to be discussed, ever by anyone else but him.

By setting these standards for others, he was bound to fail but was too engrossed in his own world to understand he was just another housemate.

Then his foul and disgusting behaviour towards Isabelle and how he egged on his sad little band of followers, the ever eager and available Ellie, the limpid Tom, Keiron who was scared Isoblel would out his sexual health problems, to insult and isolate her.

I found this quite disgusting and not entertaining in the least, who would? The fact that it quietened down after that was because so many were given warnings not because Lotan left because his baiting, smirking and posturing had become so over the top it was uncomfortable viewing.

How the mighty had fallen, even if his Dream Boys contract had ended, they didn't renew it and blocked him from their website. At least they had a shred of decency.
Good post, Poppsy. I agree with much of what you have said here.

My first impressions of Lotan were not good, but I changed my mind when he showed some sensitivity and compassion towards Arthur and in other situations- I thought I had initially misjudged him and even began to support him.

However, I think you have hit the nail on the head in suggesting he was trying to play (or live up to) a role which he could not maintain long term, and as you say, particularly in moments of stress, and eventually his true character emerged.

I couldn't agree more with what you say regarding the behaviour he displayed towards Isabelle. His treatment and constant targeting of her was absolutely despicable and uncomfortable viewing, and he showed himself as the distinctly unpleasant character he really was. He was therefore the master of his own downfall, and this cannot be blamed on or attributed to Issy- he chose to target and bully Isabelle, he chose to invite others to join him in this, he chose his reaction when she finally pulled him up for it and he chose his words and behaviour afterwards. On all occasions he demonstrated the same personality traits.

And just as Isabelle cannot be blamed for the behaviour and characteristics Lotan displayed, he should not be seen as the reason for the positive characteristics she showed or the reason for her win. She was basically a decent and genuine person who had the courage to stand up to a bully, and Lotan deserves no credit for that.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 01:57 PM #37

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post

What a great post.
Lush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 01:58 PM #38

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Can we not act that Lotan wasn't misogynistic when he said he'd "destroy" a younger woman "mentally and physically" and asked "what's wrong with women in this house thinking they can challenge me?"
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:03 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
Can we not act that Lotan wasn't misogynistic when he said he'd "destroy" a younger woman "mentally and physically" and asked "what's wrong with women in this house thinking they can challenge me?"
Remember when they were reading mean tweets about him and his response to one of them was something along the lines of "did I shag his missis or something?"

His view of women is extremely warped and I'm so glad he got called out on it.
Lush is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:08 PM #40

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett

He got what he deserved and the right person won. Arrogant prick.
Time is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:09 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
Remember when they were reading mean tweets about him and his response to one of them was something along the lines of "did I shag his missis or something?"

His view of women is extremely warped and I'm so glad he got called out on it.
I erased that from my memory but I remember now
Old 30-07-2017, 02:16 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:30 PM #43

Quote:
I see Lotan's still on everyone's lips almost a month and a half after being ejected. Supposedly a misogynist and yet he didn't have a problem with a majority of the other women in the house. I love how Chanelle's comments were excused as a joke but everything Lotan said was taken deadly seriously. lol

I wonder if we should put labels on the same women who shouted and screamed at him and called him disgusting names. Does that make them a bunch of misandrists too?

As usual, one rule for certain hm's and another rule for one they don't like.

Last edited by Nancy.; 30-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:51 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy. View Post
I see Lotan's still on everyone's lips almost a month and a half after being ejected. Supposedly a misogynist and yet he didn't have a problem with a majority of the other women in the house. I love how Chanelle's comments were excused as a joke but everything Lotan said was taken deadly seriously. lol

I wonder if we should put labels on the same women who shouted and screamed at him and called him disgusting names. Does that make them a bunch of misandrists too?

As usual, one rule for certain hm's and another rule for one they don't like.
Did Chanelle threaten to destroy anyone? But nice to see she's still on your lips
This is a thread about Lotan. Of course he's on people's lips.
"Taken deadly seriously" I mean, he did threaten to destroy someone....

Did anyone make any comments about him being a man though? Joe clashed with Rebecca and he wasn't labelled misogynistic. Why? Because he didnt make comments about women during the argument.
Old 30-07-2017, 02:51 PM #45
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
The brew is scalding

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:54 PM #46
-

-

Gutter trash.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 02:54 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did Chanelle threaten to destroy anyones But nice to see she's still on your lips
This is a thread about Lotan. Of course he's on people's lips.
"Taken deadly seriously" I mean, he did threaten to destroy someone....

Did anyone make any comments about him being a man though? Joe clashed with Rebecca and he wasn't labelled misogynistic. Why? Because he didnt make comments about women during the argument.
Lol no Chanelle only threatened to kill him same thing really .

Old 30-07-2017, 02:56 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Lol no Chanelle only threatened to kill him same thing really .
Did she? What did she actually say?
Old 30-07-2017, 02:57 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The only comment I think you're referring to is "if you're allergic to bull**** you'd be dead"... because he speaks bull****.
Old 30-07-2017, 03:01 PM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did she? What did she actually say?
c'mon then , I'll kill you" only MUCH louder and aggressive than that, forgot did you?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
lotan, underrated