Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-08-2017, 01:25 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Brexit supporters use ECJ backlash to rally support for Rees-Mogg

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...acob-rees-mogg

An expected development - you can't just back track on something as important as Brexit and a referendum result without consequences.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 01:33 PM #2
Banned

Banned

He'd be worse than May. Tory leadership is ****ed, there's not any decent candidates. They need some fresh faces while Rees-Mogg is just more of the same.

People voted for a Brexit, they aren't exactly backtracking on Brexit. We didn't vote on what kind of Brexit we wanted at the time, that came into play with the general election and people voted for the Tories, a weak party that would never have stood up to the EU. If Brexit supporters don't get the hard brexit they want then they shouldn't have voted Tory.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 05:02 PM #3

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

When people say we didn't vote for what kind of brexit I can't help laugh. You don't vote for a government and then pick and choose who is in the cabinet. Why would anyone think that the Brexit vote would be so different from any other vote that after the fact you think you can cherry pick and micro manage every facet?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 05:51 PM #4
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
When people say we didn't vote for what kind of brexit I can't help laugh. You don't vote for a government and then pick and choose who is in the cabinet. Why would anyone think that the Brexit vote would be so different from any other vote that after the fact you think you can cherry pick and micro manage every facet?
People make up the rules as they go along according to what suits. It's disingenuous and insulting to democracy.

Last edited by Brillopad; 28-08-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 29-08-2017, 12:01 AM #5
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It's a factual statement.

Do you see any options for preferences on what kind of Brexit the voter would prefer?

The referendum itself wasn't a vote on whether Brexit should be hard or soft but that issue dominated the last election. Do you not agree that the choice of party in control of the government and negotiations would affect what kind of Brexit we'd get?
Old 29-08-2017, 12:02 AM #6
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
People make up the rules as they go along according to what suits. It's disingenuous and insulting to democracy.
Old 29-08-2017, 03:19 AM #7

Yes Dezzy
why did the young not out of bed to vote?

It will be good for the Young
HARD TIMES
then
WW3

Its nice to have your Future
Planned and Assisted
by New Super Fast Military Armed Robots

Are you ready Dezzy?
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 03:23 AM #8

"should be hard or soft"

Dezzy
I feel
Hard is best for you.........
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 05:37 AM #9
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Brexit will be what it will be. We will leave the EU, and over the subsequent decades that new position will be established and EVOLVE.

Hard or soft brexit doesn't mean anything, its not an either or, its what over time suits the country best. Its not about decisions taken in the next 2 years its about decisions taken over the next 30 years
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 06:39 AM #10
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's a factual statement.

Do you see any options for preferences on what kind of Brexit the voter would prefer?

The referendum itself wasn't a vote on whether Brexit should be hard or soft but that issue dominated the last election. Do you not agree that the choice of party in control of the government and negotiations would affect what kind of Brexit we'd get?
No I don't see any options for preferences because there weren't any. It was clearly a LEAVE or REMAIN decision.

Where does it stipulate on the form (or anywhere) that the vote was a first stage of the process to be followed by another vote to determine the details i.e. What type of Brexit people wanted a hard of soft? Where did anyone question that BEFORE the vote?

That load of 'bu****it' was added afterwards by those desperate remoaners who had smugly assumed the remainers would get it and we're completely unprepared for a leave win. They desperately started to bash their undemocratic little heads together to come up with a way out. If they are allowed to get away with that it will have serious implications for all future public votes and the 'democratic' process in this country.

Last edited by Brillopad; 29-08-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 29-08-2017, 07:01 AM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):

What's 'democratic' about a vote fuelled by lies and misinformation ?
You sound like your panicking because the delicate House of Cards that is Brexit is falling apart. Every time someone types 'remoaners' (sad......very SAD name calling!!!!) another card gets pulled from the bottom. Gotta' love it.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 07:02 AM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes Dezzy
why did the young not out of bed to vote?

It will be good for the Young
HARD TIMES
then
WW3

Its nice to have your Future
Planned and Assisted
by New Super Fast Military Armed Robots

Are you ready Dezzy?
Yes Arista lazy little blighters let themselves and the remain campaign down as no-one expected a win for the leave team. The public dissatisfaction with open borders and other issues was seriously underestimated.
Old 29-08-2017, 07:04 AM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
What's 'democratic' about a vote fuelled by lies and misinformation ?
You sound like your panicking because the delicate House of Cards that is Brexit is falling apart. Every time someone types 'remoaners' (sad......very SAD name calling!!!!) another card gets pulled from the bottom. Gotta' love it.
I'm panicking! If i was I would have learned that lesson well from the desperate Remoaners.
Old 29-08-2017, 07:04 AM #14

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No I don't see any options for preferences because there weren't any. It was clearly a LEAVE or REMAIN decision.

Where does it stipulate on the form (or anywhere) that the vote was a first stage of the process to be followed by another vote to determine the details i.e. What type of Brexit people wanted a hard of soft? Where did anyone question that BEFORE the vote?

That load of 'bu****it' was added afterwards by those desperate remoaners who had smugly assumed the remainers would get it and we're completely unprepared for a leave win. They desperately started to bash their undemocratic little heads together to come up with a way out. If they are allowed to get away with that it will have serious implications for all future public votes and the 'democratic' process in this country.
Exactly right. What is it about the word leave that is so hard to understand. It's not leave but, it's leave. It wouldn't have been remain but either.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 29-08-2017, 07:24 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm panicking!
You don't have to tell us that. It's bloody obvious!!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 07:31 AM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
You don't have to tell us that. It's bloody obvious!!!!
Says you and your desperate panicking over Brexit.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:37 AM #17
Banned

Banned

Quote:

That you for stating what I had already said in your first line?

The justification for the Snap Election to the public was that it was held in the interest of Brexit to stabilise things for negotiations. It doesn't stipulate it on the Referendum because, like I said multiple times, the referendum wasn't about what kind of Brexit we'd get but whether we wanted one in the first place. Why are you pretty much repeating what I've already said at me verbatim?

You've made plenty of posts since the referendum in which you've said 'The people want a hard brexit, if the government don't follow through on that then they've ignored the will of the people' or words to that effect although you can't make such claims because the referendum only registered interest in a Brexit, not what kind of Brexit it should be. The snap election pretty much became a question of 'which party best supports your vision of what Brexit should be'.

You keep speaking about people being undemocratic but I only see you 'defending' democracy when it gives you the opportunity to bash others. I don't think you care for democracy at all unless it benefits you. It's either that you don't care for Democracy or that you simply don't understand it, possibly a mix of both.

Brexit is going to happen, I know you want a reason to hate Remainers so that you can ignore the fact that Brexit is going to be a ****show but reality whether you accept it or not. Pretending there's a secret cabal out to ruin it won't change the fact that the government you voted for will ruin it all on their own.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:38 AM #18
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Says you and your desperate panicking over Brexit.
Projecting/parroting/'I know you are but what am I?'
Old 29-08-2017, 10:45 AM #19
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Projecting/parroting/'I know you are but what am I?'
Projecting/parroting/"I know you are but what am I". That's projecting/parroting for you!

I would of thought you would be sick of saying it by now - over and over and over and over and over ... etc!
Old 29-08-2017, 10:50 AM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That you for stating what I had already said in your first line?

The justification for the Snap Election to the public was that it was held in the interest of Brexit to stabilise things for negotiations. It doesn't stipulate it on the Referendum because, like I said multiple times, the referendum wasn't about what kind of Brexit we'd get but whether we wanted one in the first place. Why are you pretty much repeating what I've already said at me verbatim?

You've made plenty of posts since the referendum in which you've said 'The people want a hard brexit, if the government don't follow through on that then they've ignored the will of the people' or words to that effect although you can't make such claims because the referendum only registered interest in a Brexit, not what kind of Brexit it should be. The snap election pretty much became a question of 'which party best supports your vision of what Brexit should be'.

You keep speaking about people being undemocratic but I only see you 'defending' democracy when it gives you the opportunity to bash others. I don't think you care for democracy at all unless it benefits you. It's either that you don't care for Democracy or that you simply don't understand it, possibly a mix of both.

Brexit is going to happen, I know you want a reason to hate Remainers so that you can ignore the fact that Brexit is going to be a ****show but reality whether you accept it or not. Pretending there's a secret cabal out to ruin it won't change the fact that the government you voted for will ruin it all on their own.
Funny that I was going to THANK you for pointing out the obvious but didn't want to risk being accused of baiting!

Leave was the referendum result right, you get that, and people voted for it for a myriad of reasons. Hard and soft Brexit were terms thought up by remoaners AFTER the result to effectively stop Brexit. A so-called Soft Brexit is a con, it isn't real, it would be a Brexit in name only, simply an illusion to attempt to pacify the leave voters and direct attention away from a blatant attempt to sabotage a democratic vote in my opinion. One of the most important issues for many who voted to leave was gaining control over our borders but a soft Brexit demands open borders - so how are people getting what they voted for. A SOFT BREXIT IS A NO BREXIT.

The EU have tried as hard as they can to stop Brexit, as it is not in their interests, and continued to make the process as difficult as possible. I would have preferred to reach an agreement suitable to the EU and Britain, but the EU are being unreasonable and determined not to accommodate anthing less than what suits them. When it became obvious to most that the only two 'options' that were being made available to us were hard or soft Brexit, effectively Brexit or no Brexit, like many, I opted for a hard Brexit as anything else was an illusion. The EU, with the help of the remoaners, will have forced that 'choice'. So for many a hard Brexit it is! So you see it isn't me who doesn't like democracy it is those that helped force such a choice and I think it is you attempting to twist what democracy is and/or lacking an understanding of it.

I, like many, also happen to believe in us as a nation, the support we have been shown by other Countries and expert opinions from those who believe we can make a hard Brexit work. When forced into a corner people fight harder to make something happen and I believe that Britain, with that support, can make it work.

Last edited by Brillopad; 30-08-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 29-08-2017, 10:56 AM #21
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

When you understand that people are being actively rallied against justice... then it's worrying.

You don't want any of that foreign sounding justice do you!

NO!

You want good old British justice that only a handful of people decide on, and the government can scrap all rights, protections and statutes and write new ones just like good ol Henry the 8th!!

Er... yeah!!

(He he fools)
Old 29-08-2017, 01:41 PM #22

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
When you understand that people are being actively rallied against justice... then it's worrying.

You don't want any of that foreign sounding justice do you!

NO!

You want good old British justice that only a handful of people decide on, and the government can scrap all rights, protections and statutes and write new ones just like good ol Henry the 8th!!

Er... yeah!!

(He he fools)
Justice for the fishermen! Conveniently forgotten by most.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 29-08-2017, 02:06 PM #23
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Justice for the fishermen! Conveniently forgotten by most.
What does mogg have to say on fishermen, and agriculture? Do you know?
Old 29-08-2017, 02:12 PM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What does mogg have to say on fishermen, and agriculture? Do you know?
Who is scrapping all the rights and protections and writing the Henry VIII laws do you know? It can't be Henry he's dead.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 29-08-2017, 02:13 PM #25
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Projecting/parroting/"I know you are but what am I". That's projecting/parroting for you!

I would of thought you would be sick of saying it by now - over and over and over and over and over ... etc!
So you respond to accusations of projecting and parroting by.....projecting and parroting.

I love you.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
backlash, brexit, ecj, rally, reesmogg, support, supporters