Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 20-05-2020, 10:45 PM #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Boris said the track and trace will be up and running by the 1st..same day all the wee kiddies go back to school....I bet they swab each kid and use that as the track and tracing mechanism.

This track and trace seems all very rushed and looks to have leapfrogged the app in importance .. the thing is is some complete stranger rings you up tomorrow and tells you you’ve been in close contact with a confirmed case are you gonna believe them ... then is everyone who gets the call going to self isolate with their whole family ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 01:42 PM #152

There was a woman interviewed on BBCNews today who was completely underwhelmed by the ‘app’ .

She got a text saying she had been in close vicinity of a positive case and then a link to follow ... the link took her to this

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Old 21-05-2020, 01:51 PM #153

At our local primary none of the staff have allowed their children to go to school, even though they have places as key workers. They aren't going to learn anything, it's just a baby sitting service, and it puts everyone at risk.

Our neighbour had to have a blood test today and the nurse at the surgery said she thinks it is madness sending children back so soon and that people who she knows on the frontline are currently preparing for a second wave. She is a parent who is having to juggle her shifts as she won’t send her children into school, despite being a key worker. It worries me when someone ‘in the know’ professionally is still so cautious.

Old 21-05-2020, 03:10 PM #154
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
At our local primary none of the staff have allowed their children to go to school, even though they have places as key workers. They aren't going to learn anything, it's just a baby sitting service, and it puts everyone at risk.

Our neighbour had to have a blood test today and the nurse at the surgery said she thinks it is madness sending children back so soon and that people who she knows on the frontline are currently preparing for a second wave. She is a parent who is having to juggle her shifts as she won’t send her children into school, despite being a key worker. It worries me when someone ‘in the know’ professionally is still so cautious.

That's not really true now is it, as homework is being set online to those that are at home? so we have to assume keyworkers children are getting the same work?

You work in a school what is happening in yours?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 03:11 PM #155
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This track and trace seems all very rushed and looks to have leapfrogged the app in importance .. the thing is is some complete stranger rings you up tomorrow and tells you you’ve been in close contact with a confirmed case are you gonna believe them ... then is everyone who gets the call going to self isolate with their whole family ??

They are part of the same thing, the track and trace will follow up by those identified on the app

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-05-2020, 03:12 PM #156
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There was a woman interviewed on BBCNews today who was completely underwhelmed by the ‘app’ .

She got a text saying she had been in close vicinity of a positive case and then a link to follow ... the link took her to this

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

That is what track and trace is ...let people know they have been in contact and to self isolate if they get symptoms, what do you want it to do, arrest people on the spot? She will probably get a follow up call from our Cal!

Old 21-05-2020, 04:43 PM #157

Default When should schools go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
That is what track and trace is ...let people know they have been in contact and to self isolate if they get symptoms, what do you want it to do, arrest people on the spot? She will probably get a follow up call from our Cal!

Matt Hancock just said in the briefing that the ‘human contact tracing’ is where people will get a reassuring (human) CALL advising them to self isolate ..

That’s nothing like what apparently actually happens as they just get a text with a link to the uk government Covid webpage .

I’m quickly losing confidence in Nick and his statements ..

Last edited by Zizu; 21-05-2020 at 04:45 PM.
Old 21-05-2020, 04:46 PM #158

Quote:
They are part of the same thing, the track and trace will follow up by those identified on the app

.... and they will presumably get a text linking the government Covid webpage..

Great ..

Old 21-05-2020, 04:50 PM #159
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Matt Hancock just said in the briefing that the ‘human contact tracing’ is where people will get a reassuring (human) CALL advising them to self isolate ..

That’s nothing like what apparently actually happens as they just get a text with a link to the uk government Covid webpage .

I’m quickly losing confidence in Nick and his statements ..

Because they are trialling the app..? ..not the human element ...?

Old 21-05-2020, 05:14 PM #160
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Scottish schools go back when they normally would after the summer break on 11th August, teachers can go back in June to prepare

Last edited by Cherie; 21-05-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 21-05-2020, 05:44 PM #161

Quote:
Because they are trialling the app..? ..not the human element ...?

Is that you Matt ...

Whatever the reason ... what he said was happening is NOT happening so he shouldn’t be saying it !!

Old 21-05-2020, 07:03 PM #162

Apparently a primary school in Essex has closed today after 2 students tested possitive for covid-19.

Old 21-05-2020, 07:17 PM #163
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Apparently a primary school in Essex has closed today after 2 students tested possitive for covid-19.

You say that as if schools are immune, just like any other workplace they are not

primary school has closed after two children tested positive for coronavirus.
Hamford Primary Academy in Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex, informed parents in an email on Monday.
The two pupils, who were from the same key worker family, had not shown any symptoms and had been at the school last week.
A spokeswoman for the school said "the safety of our children, families, and community" was behind the decision.
All children who attended last week were advised to book a coronavirus test, as were their parents, she said.
Staff have been tested, but the school did not say whether any results had come back.
The school's academy trust, Public Health England and the NHS were consulted before Tuesday's closure, she said.
After a deep clean of the building, the academy was now focused on "detailed preparations for a safe return for children", the spokeswoman added.

Old 21-05-2020, 07:22 PM #164

Quote:
You say that as if schools are immune, just like any other workplace they are not

Hamford Primary Academy in Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex, informed parents in an email on Monday.

The two pupils, who were from the same key worker family, had not shown any symptoms and had been at the school last week.

A spokeswoman for the school said "the safety of our children, families, and community" was behind the decision.

All children who attended last week were advised to book a coronavirus test, as were their parents, she said.

Staff have been tested, but the school did not say whether any results had come back.

The school's academy trust, Public Health England and the NHS were consulted before Tuesday's closure, she said.

After a deep clean of the building, the academy was now focused on "detailed preparations for a safe return for children", the spokeswoman added.

How on earth did you get .. “ you say that as if all schools are immune” from what I posted ??

Old 22-05-2020, 08:23 AM #165
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus...top-scientists

An group of leading scientists is warning that a 1 June reopening of schools would be too early for pupils to return to classrooms safely.
The 'Independent Sage' committee chaired by the former chief scientific adviser Sir David King, has carried out new modelling showing that the risk to children would be halved if ministers delayed their planned school opening date by two weeks.
The committee says the later reopening date would allow for more time for an effective "test, trace and isolate" programme to be established.

I believe the government will row back on this now as 1st June was a conditional date set, and this gives them a reason to extend

Old 22-05-2020, 08:45 AM #166

Quote:
https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus...top-scientists

An group of leading scientists is warning that a 1 June reopening of schools would be too early for pupils to return to classrooms safely.

The 'Independent Sage' committee chaired by the former chief scientific adviser Sir David King, has carried out new modelling showing that the risk to children would be halved if ministers delayed their planned school opening date by two weeks.

The committee says the later reopening date would allow for more time for an effective "test, trace and isolate" programme to be established.

I believe the government will row back on this now as 1st June was a conditional date set, and this gives them a reason to extend

I truly hope you’re right !!

Two weeks is a long time in this day and age ..

Pity it’s from the "Independent Sage " group though ..

Sage is releasing a report soon.

This is going to make things even more confusing imo.

Last edited by Zizu; 22-05-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 22-05-2020, 09:40 AM #167

Christian Drosten, a virologist and Germany’s leading coronavirus expert warns against reopening schools !!

Despite the phased reopenings, scientists in Germany have said children with the coronavirus may be as infectious as adults, and urged caution.
Researchers who analysed data on infected people found that the viral loads in children differed little from those in adults. Opening schools on the assumption that children are less likely to spread the virus was therefore ill-advised, said Christian Drosten, a virologist and Germany’s leading coronavirus expert, who led the team.
Drosten’s study, which was released this week, examined the viral loads in the throats of 3,721 people, including more than 100 children, who tested positive for coronavirus in Berlin between January and April.
He said he had been able to carry out his analysis once the number of tests carried out by Labor Berlin, the largest laboratory of its kind in Europe, had reached the critical mass of 60,000 earlier this week. That gave him and his team enough data to be able to carry out an analysis of children who have had the virus.

Old 22-05-2020, 09:04 PM #168

Scores of councils in England say they cannot guarantee primaries will reopen on 1 June, throwing government plans to get pupils back to school into chaos.

Only 20 of 99 councils to respond to a BBC Breakfast survey said they were advising schools to open more widely on Boris Johnson's target date.

Of the 99 who responded, two thirds (68), could not guarantee schools would reopen to Reception, Year 1 and Year 6.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-52758363

Last edited by Zizu; 22-05-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old 23-05-2020, 06:34 AM #169

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:

So they tested the teachers but the kids have to get the tests themselves.....that doesn't seem very fair.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, schools