Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: How has the government done with Covid-19?
Excellent job 2 5.26%
Excellent job
2 5.26%
Good job 5 13.16%
Good job
5 13.16%
Ok job 6 15.79%
Ok job
6 15.79%
Bad job 18 47.37%
Bad job
18 47.37%
Terrible job 7 18.42%
Terrible job
7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 09:53 PM #251
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Unless there's profit to be made.

Stop cluthing your pearls.Cherie asked a simple question that merely whiffed the smell of your life
fair dues, I'm creepy now because I quoted something he posted a week ago... whatever next ....

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-05-2020, 09:58 PM #252

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
fair dues, I'm creepy now because I quoted something he posted a week ago... whatever next ....
Don't bring me into it.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:59 PM #253
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Don't bring me into it.
I will if I like

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-05-2020, 11:25 PM #254
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Lol you posted on the forum ...you know nothing about me...if I had posted what you did on the forum I would say its fair game..

It’s not creepy to quote something you posted so don’t bother trying to move the goalposts and intimate that you haven’t bothered to protect your customers, its someone else’s responsibility .. probably the government ...we get it
Yes it is someone else's responsibility with most organisations it's health and safety that would instigate and orchestrate that. It has in the company I work for. It's not my responsibility.

Last edited by Kizzy; 02-05-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:44 PM #255
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
You know that you’re agreeing with yourself there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well duh
Old 02-05-2020, 11:53 PM #256

Quote:
Dezzy..you openly brought your life onto the forum when you plugged your book.
Quote:
But you brought your life onto the forum via your book
Wtf has a book got to do with his personal life.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:53 PM #257
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

I personally think Cherie has a lot of empathy and is one of the most sensible and polite members on this site. I don’t think you have crossed the line at all, if you work in retail and the social distancing rules aren’t being followed then that is relevant. Not everything is the governments responsibility, sometimes people And employees should take initiative and sort out problems rather than expect handouts/solutions for everything. This is a crisis the government can’t be equipped for everything all at once, it’s not happened before.

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff

Last edited by DouglasS; 02-05-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:42 AM #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Well duh

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-05-2020, 12:54 AM #259
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Unless there's profit to be made.

Stop cluthing your pearls.Cherie asked a simple question that merely whiffed the smell of your life
Grow up and stick to the topic, this topic is not 'Do you think Dezzy's place of work as done a good job with Covid-19' so stop trying to make it about me.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:57 AM #260
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I personally think Cherie has a lot of empathy and is one of the most sensible and polite members on this site. I don’t think you have crossed the line at all, if you work in retail and the social distancing rules aren’t being followed then that is relevant. Not everything is the governments responsibility, sometimes people And employees should take initiative and sort out problems rather than expect handouts/solutions for everything. This is a crisis the government can’t be equipped for everything all at once, it’s not happened before.
Individual employees can't take company policy into their own hands unfortunately, information gets filtered down the chain of command and implanted and enforced by staff but the initial decision is not their remit, regardless of whether you feel it should be or not.
And to be fair if you haven't been targetted by a comment it's not your place to comment if members should be offended or not.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:03 AM #261
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Governments should always be criticised when they fail because when they fail, it costs lives. The fact is that the government knew how bad the situation would be and did little to tackle it until it was too late.

The people who are defending the government would not be doing so if it was Labour in charge but I'd still be criticising the government for this kind of response regardless of who is in charge. Bad choices are bad choices regardless of political alignment.

Last edited by Tom4784; 03-05-2020 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:06 AM #262
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
And to be fair if you haven't been targetted by a comment it's not your place to comment if members should be offended or not.
He didn't, he just gave his opinion

Old 03-05-2020, 01:20 AM #263
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
He didn't, he just gave his opinion

And you just come in to give yours..not on the thread just the drama as usual. That's fine
Old 03-05-2020, 01:21 AM #264
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And you just come in to give yours..not on the thread just the drama as usual. That's fine
Oh Kizzy, irony couldn't be more relevant right now
Old 03-05-2020, 04:05 AM #265
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Ok stacey. There's a lot of irony in this thread tbh.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:35 AM #266
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thank you Douglas, the idea that staff need health and safety clearance to move a floor sticker they put down in the first place is one of the most bizarre claims I have heard on TiBB

Old 03-05-2020, 08:46 AM #267
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=Kizzy;10835200]Individual employees can't take company policy into their own hands unfortunately, information gets filtered down the chain of command and implanted and enforced by staff but the initial decision is not their remit, regardless of whether you feel it should be or not.
And to be fair if you haven't been targetted by a comment it's not your place to comment if members should be offended or not.[/QUOTE]

I haven't engaged you at all on this subject so why are you getting involved then

Old 03-05-2020, 12:18 PM #268
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

[QUOTE=Cherie;10835226]
Quote:
Individual employees can't take company policy into their own hands unfortunately, information gets filtered down the chain of command and implanted and enforced by staff but the initial decision is not their remit, regardless of whether you feel it should be or not.
And to be fair if you haven't been targetted by a comment it's not your place to comment if members should be offended or not.[/QUOTE]

I haven't engaged you at all on this subject so why are you getting involved then
Who said it was you? I was accused of exactly the same thing by a different member, I come on here to share my views, not have my character assassinated.
The suggestion that anyone wants or wills the government to fail is abhorrent as it effectively means more will suffer.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:28 PM #269
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Thank you Douglas, the idea that staff need health and safety clearance to move a floor sticker they put down in the first place is one of the most bizarre claims I have heard on TiBB
It's not bizarre, every place of work now has social distancing measures, they have been laid out on floor plans and cannot be moved... what is so difficult to understand?

Where I work H&S and the GM drew up the social distancing guidelines they ordered signage for the floor (that cannot be removed without a floor scraper) and the shift managers and team leaders put them in place.
I'm sure you realise this and are using this to try score points now...it's a bit transparent.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:38 PM #270
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's not bizarre, every place of work now has social distancing measures, they have been laid out on floor plans and cannot be moved... what is so difficult to understand?

Where I work H&S and the GM drew up the social distancing guidelines they ordered signage for the floor (that cannot be removed without a floor scraper) and the shift managers and team leaders put them in place.
I'm sure you realise this and are using this to try score points now...it's a bit transparent.

Not a floor scraper having to be utilised ….so having to use a bit of elbow grease is a no no then?

If they are incorrectly placed they must be moved, that is a no brainer, otherwise they are risking their customers health, and to intimate that this is some huge operation, you just need to go to your supermarket to see that some of the stickers have lifted already, and some are using tape instead or arrows in paint…the signs are not bolted into the ground requiring an angle grinder to remove lol

If anyone is transparent here it's you kizzy

Last edited by Cherie; 03-05-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:50 PM #271
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Not a floor scraper having to be utilised ….so having to use a bit of elbow grease is a no no then?

If they are incorrectly placed they must be moved, that is a no brainer, otherwise they are risking their customers health, and to intimate that this is some huge operation, you just need to go to your supermarket to see that some of the stickers have lifted already, and some are using tape instead or arrows in paint…

I'll have another go and then I'll leave it....
Say a colleague took it upon themselves to remove a sign that indicated spacing on a floor where would they put it? If all the signs were down they would have to move EVERY sign to maintain a uniform distance.

If for any reason they had any concerns this should be escalated to the correct department, that's how things happen. If everyone took things into their own hand there would be a lot of confusion.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:19 PM #272
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'll have another go and then I'll leave it....
Say a colleague took it upon themselves to remove a sign that indicated spacing on a floor where would they put it? If all the signs were down they would have to move EVERY sign to maintain a uniform distance.

If for any reason they had any concerns this should be escalated to the correct department, that's how things happen. If everyone took things into their own hand there would be a lot of confusion.
Given we have been in lockdown for 5 weeks, it's reasonable to expect it would be rectified by now, and no one is expecting a colleague to do it off their own bat, we have to assume the stores concerned have managers in place, the store involved is treating their customers with contempt

Last edited by Cherie; 03-05-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:35 PM #273
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I've already explained why things can't be changed easily and without consequence over PM, acting like I haven't just so you can stick to a false agenda is not a good look.

Also, you know nothing about how shops work and function and it really shows.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:46 PM #274
Banned

Banned

Quote:

If they are incorrectly placed they must be moved, that is a no brainer, otherwise they are risking their customers health, and to intimate that this is some huge operation, you just need to go to your supermarket to see that some of the stickers have lifted already, and some are using tape instead or arrows in paint…the signs are not bolted into the ground requiring an angle grinder to remove lol

So ignorant.

It's not abut 'elbow grease' (what a boomer af thing to say), it's about procedure. Again, I've already explained how the only thing we can do is log our complaints so why are you acting brand new in this thread when you've already been told the answer over PMs? You read and understood it there so why are you pretending you haven't in this topic and making it to be about an issue that it's not?

Last edited by Tom4784; 03-05-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:03 PM #275
-

-

Just to weigh in with some retail management experience;

If the floor spacing is a Health & Safety issue (and I assume it would be classed as that) then a non-H&S member altering it without explicit instructions to do so from H&S or upper management - even if it is blatantly wrong - could be classed as serious misconduct.

Stupid? Yes, but hey that's company structures for you. We could all wax lyrical that people should "be heroes!" in "unpwethidented tymes!" and take matters into their own hands no matter the rules if they care blah blah blah but the reality is, expecting someone to risk their own income and wellbeing by over-stepping their responsibilities, and declaring it some sort of moral obligation, is several steps too far.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
covid19, good, government, job