Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-09-2020, 11:58 AM #151
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Yea itbyou call the majority of the British public idiots yes

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 11:59 AM #152
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Yea itbyou call the majority of the British public idiots yes
When has the majority of Brits called muslims terrorists?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 01:21 PM #153
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
If you're gonna climb up on your soapbox at least get it right, she wasn't murdered in her bed.

That doesn't make her death okay, obviously, but still.

Blaming all cops for things like that is like blaming all black people for the crimes of a few.
We covered this before, she got out of bed because the police were breaking unannounced into her home. Whether she was in bed or not is inconsequential, she would have been asleep were it not for the murderers invading her home.

The whole 'few bad apples' thing when it comes to police officers is a crock of ****. It's not just a 'few bad apples' it's the whole system around them that protects them. It doesn't matter if it's only certain officers taking part in brutality if the rest go above and beyond to protect them.

You are also determined to paint BLM in a certain light despite being shown multiple times that the violence at the protest in multiple places unfold in the same way, White supremacy groups and individuals have sabotaged protests across America and various police forces in charge have said the same thing. One or two similar incidents is a coincidence, but a string of identical incidents is a pattern. Trying to compare sabotaged protests to a police system that protects officers that murder is not a comparison that works.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 01:54 PM #154
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You are also determined to paint BLM in a certain light despite being shown multiple times that the violence at the protest in multiple places unfold in the same way, White supremacy groups and individuals have sabotaged protests across America and various police forces in charge have said the same thing.
I've only been "shown" once and I can't find the post, you keep claiming it though.

I googled "BLM riots right wing" and all that came up was clashes between BLM and right wing folks.

To claim that every BLM riot was triggered by bad actors from the other side is just bonkers tbh

Old 13-09-2020, 02:06 PM #155
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I've only been "shown" once and I can't find the post, you keep claiming it though.

I googled "BLM riots right wing" and all that came up was clashes between BLM and right wing folks.

To claim that every BLM riot was triggered by bad actors from the other side is just bonkers tbh
A lot of the antifa thugs have now been prosecuted and processed and i did a new thread with some in it. One guy trying ton torch a hotel by setting fire to a gas pipe. Just horrible people who think they are so right that they are above the law

horrible extreme left thugs plain and simple

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 13-09-2020 at 02:07 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 02:12 PM #156
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
A lot of the antifa thugs have now been prosecuted and processed and i did a new thread with some in it. One guy trying ton torch a hotel by setting fire to a gas pipe. Just horrible people who think they are so right that they are above the law

horrible extreme left thugs plain and simple
There are horrible extreme people on both sides tbh. I don't identify with the left or the right so I don't really care who is behind the riots.

I'd even say that they don't even deserve to be called left wing. When it comes down to it, street-level communists and fascists are virtually the same anyway. The only real difference is the people they let themselves get duped by. #Horseshoe

(edited to make more sense)

Last edited by Oliver_W; 13-09-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Old 13-09-2020, 02:15 PM #157
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There are horrible extreme people on both sides tbh. I don't identify with the left or the right so I don't really care who is behind the riots.

I'd even say that they don't even deserve to be called left wing. When it comes down to it, street-level communists and fascists are virtually the same anyway. The only real difference is the people they let themselves get duped by. #Horseshoe

(edited to make more sense)
correct, you got extremists on both left and right

which is why i am gonna be more in the middle i guess

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 02:21 PM #158
Banned

Banned

Quote:

You were shown it and you did what you are doing now, you downplayed it because it didn't fit with your agenda.

Since you're being exceptionally lazy in your efforts to do your own research in an attempt to discredit me, here's a few stories. I look forward to you yet again doing the most to minimise and pretend that these stories didn't happen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9544276.html

https://bipartisanreport.com/2020/07...stigate-riots/

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/gov-w...civil-society/

https: //www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san...in-weatherford

https://www.inquirer.com/news/white-...-20200613.html

https://www.insider.com/minneapolis-...ice-say-2020-7

There, a quick google search and I have a bunch of stories for you to swiftly ignore. Don't expect people to do your own research for you, in future.

The pattern is clear, in every major instance of violence during the protests so far, there's been White supremacists trying to stir up trouble which is evidenced by the fact that, after that teenage white supremacist killed those two people and had the entirety of the Right Wing defending his right to murder those he disagrees with, the protests on the following nights were peaceful because the white supremacists didn't show up.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 02:33 PM #159

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
The pattern is clear, in every major instance of violence during the protests so far, there's been White supremacists trying to stir up trouble which is evidenced by the fact that, after that teenage white supremacist killed those two people and had the entirety of the Right Wing defending his right to murder those he disagrees with, the protests on the following nights were peaceful because the white supremacists didn't show up.
What about all the looting and destruction? Is that everyone else's fault too?

Old 13-09-2020, 02:33 PM #160
You know my methods

You know my methods

the first link is about 3 guys putting up some stickers

and they make people loot and burn cars and buildings?

lol i dont think so
Old 13-09-2020, 03:16 PM #161
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You were shown it and you did what you are doing now, you downplayed it because it didn't fit with your agenda.

Since you're being exceptionally lazy in your efforts to do your own research in an attempt to discredit me, here's a few stories. I look forward to you yet again doing the most to minimise and pretend that these stories didn't happen.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9544276.html

https://bipartisanreport.com/2020/07...stigate-riots/

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/gov-w...civil-society/

https: //www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san...in-weatherford

https://www.inquirer.com/news/white-...-20200613.html

https://www.insider.com/minneapolis-...ice-say-2020-7

There, a quick google search and I have a bunch of stories for you to swiftly ignore. Don't expect people to do your own research for you, in future.

So some people were posting stupid tweets, handing out fliers, and putting stickers up?

One of the sources used in the article with a misplaced apostrphe in the heading said this:
Quote:
"We have identified some individuals who have been seen with the Boogaloo boys and some Antifa groups around the area," Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith said during a news conference Sunday afternoon. "The majority of those individuals who were there last night were Caucasian."

Smith also said that he believed some in the crowd were Antifa-influenced.
To think either side is without fault in the riots is naive, to say the least.

Old 13-09-2020, 03:18 PM #162
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Antifa doesn't exist as an organisation and is used by a president trying to stoke a race war with his white supremacist groups who he continues to favour and protect

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 03:26 PM #163
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Antifa doesn't exist as an organisation and is used by a president trying to stoke a race war with his white supremacist groups who he continues to favour and protect
Okay Whopee Goldberg

They might not be a singular organisation, but there are certainly cells of people who call themselves Antifa, and act under that banner.

Old 13-09-2020, 03:29 PM #164

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Correct, both election cycles Trump needed a boogeyman to scare his sheep with, last time it was Mexicans, this time it’s an incisively organisation that doesn’t exist, it’s so predictable and transparent

Last edited by Liam-; 13-09-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 03:42 PM #165
You know my methods

You know my methods

who is talking about President Trump?

The thread is about BGT

Trump did not make Diversity make a career ending decision
Old 13-09-2020, 03:42 PM #166
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

If Trump was going to make up a bogeyman as a reason to vote for him, he wouldn't call it Anti-Fascist even he's not that insane.

Like I said they're not one large group but lots of little ones under one banner. The BBC did a little thing about them, which is fairly balanced

Quote:
What are they opposed to?
Neo-Nazis, Neo-fascism, white supremacists and racism, and these days the movement that encapsulates some of those ideas: the alt-right.

We spoke to secret Antifa groups in Oregon. They said they come from a variety of political backgrounds but they were united in their opposition to fascism, and they have an anti-government streak. They said they see creeping authoritarianism in the current American administration that they are looking to build "a movement that really insulates us from the policies of Donald Trump".

"It's not just resisting the federal administration but also resisting moves that can lead to fascism," one member told us, "and those happen locally whether from local officials or from local alt-right movements."

What tactics do they use?
Antifa look to disrupt alt-right events and far-right speakers. They use a variety of tactics to do this – including shouting and chanting and forming human chains to block off right-wing demonstrators. Some are unapologetic about their online tactics, which include monitoring the far right on social media. They also release personal information about their opponents online, commonly known as "doxxing" – they’ve gotten some alt-right supporters fired from their jobs after identifying them online.

Antifa groups also use more traditional forms of community organising like rallies and protest marches. The most extreme factions will carry weapons like pepper spray, knives, bricks and chains – and they don’t rule out violence.

How violent are they?
Their willingness to use violence marks out Antifa from many other left-wing activists, although the Antifa members we spoke to said they denounce the use of weapons and violent direct action. They said if violence does occur, it’s as a form of self-defence. They also make historical arguments to justify their position. For instance, they ask, what if opponents of the German Nazi Party had been more forceful in their opposition in the 1930s, could World War Two and the Holocaust have been averted?

Antifa have been directly and sometimes physically confronting the far right on the streets and, in some cases, they have been successful in postponing, cutting short or cancelling rallies and speeches up and down America.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...w-about-antifa

Last edited by Oliver_W; 13-09-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 13-09-2020, 03:47 PM #167

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

So antifa isn’t an organisation then, it’s a mindset, shouldn’t everyone be antifa?
Old 13-09-2020, 03:50 PM #168
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Remember when all the gallahads were moaning about free speech? Shows it was never really about speech for everyone, it was about their freedom to be openly racist.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 13-09-2020 at 03:56 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 03:50 PM #169
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
who is talking about President Trump?

The thread is about BGT

Trump did not make Diversity make a career ending decision
Trump supports racists though

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 03:52 PM #170

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Remember when all the gallahads were moaning abut free speech? Shows it was never really about speech for everyone, it was about their freedom to be openly racist.
Pretty much
Old 13-09-2020, 03:57 PM #171
You know my methods

You know my methods

I wonder if the complaints have now beaten Roxanne Pallet?
Old 13-09-2020, 03:58 PM #172
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
So antifa isn’t an organisation then, it’s a mindset, shouldn’t everyone be antifa?
Depends if that includes using violence and rioting in the streets? You can think that black lives matter and be anti-fascist without aligning with the groups who use those names.

Old 13-09-2020, 04:02 PM #173
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Depends if that includes using violence and rioting in the streets? You can think that black lives matter and be anti-fascist without aligning with the groups who use those names.
This wave of antifa as bogeyman has cropped up in response to the fact that open white supremacy is on the march and rise again. The crowds now known as antifa didn't suddenly wake up one morning and decided to protest nothing for no reason, and yet the reason they even exist is being completely and intentionally glossed over and ignored.
Old 13-09-2020, 04:05 PM #174
-

-

Quote:
I do think this is part of the problem recently, more of the "we think"/"we believe" group identity nonsense... You can't broadly agree with the BLM message and their goals or anti-fascist ideology whilst also disagreeing with their methods, tactics and some of the rhetoric. If you do, it's often seen as "undermining", or "secretly" being against it and just pretending, or that you "might as well just say you hate X/Y/Z and be done with it".

Not very often on here, I would add, but certainly in the social media cacophony around these issues.

"UMM Well if you don't support [X] action or approach then you don't actually support [Y] message at all!!!1!1!"
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 04:06 PM #175
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
This wave of antifa as bogeyman has cropped up in response to the fact that open white supremacy is on the march and rise again. The crowds now known as antifa didn't suddenly wake up one morning and decided to protest nothing for no reason, and yet the reason they even exist is being completely and intentionally glossed over and ignored.
If people who call themselves white supremacists want to go on little marches, then good - they'll expose themselves to the world, and crap on their chances of finding work and probably ruin their social lives. Better to give people a chance to make their own beds. It's not like they're gonna change any minds or win people over.

But if their marches turn violent, then crack down on 'em.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bgt, blm, complains, ofcom, performance, receives, thousands