Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-11-2020, 01:10 PM #426

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...anyways, I do feel that he’s the best choice but it’s staggering what we have to ‘overlook’ or accept in some very prominent positions ...that wouldn’t be acceptable in other areas of employment etc...
I agree..100 percent
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:10 PM #427
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
The smell of teenage girls arouses him...pure and simple.
Like the last point I made, whats the point? Bidens going to be President so this muck spreading is pointless.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:15 PM #428

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Like the last point I made, whats the point? Bidens going to be President so this muck spreading is pointless.
If you check my posts I did post the original videos about this guy long before he came on tibbs radar...so yes it is pointless now...but way back then when you should have listened, it wasnt.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:16 PM #429
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
If you check my posts I did post the original videos about this guy long before he came on tibbs radar...so yes it is pointless now...but way back then when you should have listened, it wasnt.
I was aware of it and wanted Bernie Sanders to win the Primary. Now we agree its pointless.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 08-11-2020, 01:19 PM #430
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
...anyways, I do feel that he’s the best choice but it’s staggering what we have to ‘overlook’ or accept in some very prominent positions ...that wouldn’t be acceptable in other areas of employment etc...
think back to Kennedy and what he got up to and he was adored. Clinton was hugely popular, tricky Dicky was not a nice guy, and they all surrounded themselves with people that were of a similar ilk. It's pure cringe
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:21 PM #431

Quote:

what was the point of that?

I like that the White House admin staff are getting on with it. I see Bidens security details has been beefed up. There will soon come a time when we all have to think of Biden as President no matter what Fox News says or if court cases have been filed. So what is the point of Gutfelds whining?

It's a Right Wing Comedy Hour, that is the point
As you know Fox News say he is the next President
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:21 PM #432
Banned

Banned

Biden was nowhere close to being my first choice for the democratic nominee, but I do think he'll likely right the ship and that's the best thing the US can hope for right now. I dislike centrism entirely, but I think him extending the hand of friendship and likely extending roles in his administration to republicans will hopefully help heal the rifts somewhat.

I don't think his reign will be a notable one, in the long run, he won't rid the US of it's social, racial and gun related problems, but I do think he'll likely get the US back on track.

I do think a Republican will likely win in 2024 and I just hope it's a moderate that wins and not another looney tune.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:24 PM #433
Banned

Banned

As for the whole peadophile thing, it occurred to me over this week how many people believe Qanon ****, and it's not just americans either. There's so many people who legitimately think that there's a peadophile ring consisting only of people who are politically opposed to these believers and that the rapist in chief is somehow fighting a battle alone against them. That kind of cognitive dissonance is frightening.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:24 PM #434
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
It's a Right Wing Comedy Hour, that is the point
As you know Fox News say he is the next President
Yeah that big rib tickler right wing comedy. Cant see theres much material TBH

Quote:
Old 08-11-2020, 01:33 PM #435

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I was aware of it and wanted Bernie Sanders to win the Primary. Now we agree its pointless.
I suppose so yes...

It's a shame though :
Old 08-11-2020, 01:43 PM #436
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
think back to Kennedy and what he got up to and he was adored. Clinton was hugely popular, tricky Dicky was not a nice guy, and they all surrounded themselves with people that were of a similar ilk. It's pure cringe
...would similar have been accepted from Obama, would have been an interesting thing indeed...and that other Clinton person...was it Hilary, would we have accepted similar from her...?...well, we’ll never know because the USA wasn’t quite ready for a female president...

...Anyways, I do wish Biden luck and hope that he inspires the unity needed right now...I do acknowledge that ‘creepy’ may have been how some have felt in his presence in the past ...but hopefully he’ll rise to hold his powerful position with dignity now and in every aspect of it...

Last edited by Ammi; 08-11-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:02 PM #437
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

US election results: Joe Biden launches website and details first order of business...

Victorious Joe Biden and his team have launched their official transition website and social media channels, laying the groundwork for taking over as US president.

The team has spent months making the arrangements and on its website, BuildBackBetter.com, outlined a "seven-point plan to beat COVID-19", and said: "We aren't just going to rebuild what has worked in the past. This is our opportunity to build back better than ever."

In a statement, Mr Biden's team said: "The crises we are facing are severe - from a global pandemic to an economic recession to racial injustice to the climate crisis. Our work continues full speed today."

And in their first Tweet, the Biden transition team said: "We stand together as one America. We will rise stronger than we were before."

On Monday, Mr Biden - now president-elect - will name a group of leading scientists as his advisers to create an "action blueprint" on how to deal with the pandemic.

He also has "agency review teams" to consider how he wants to run the country.

The statement continued: "Across the board we will continue laying the foundation for the incoming Biden-Harris administration to successfully restore faith and trust in our institutions and lead the federal government."

Donald Trump is still refusing to concede and has fired off a barrage of tweets with unfounded claims about electoral fraud - including that tens of thousands of votes were illegally cast.

In one post, using capital letters, he declared: "I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES" - Twitter immediately flagged it as misleading.

In Mr Trump's latest tweets, he appeared to quote a law professor as saying: "We're seeing a number of affidavits that there has been voter fraud. We have a history in this country of election problems."

Democrat Joe Biden defeated Mr Trump to become the 46th president of the United States on Saturday, positioning himself to be a leader who "seeks not to divide, but to unify".

His victory followed more than three days of uncertainty as election officials sorted through a surge of mail-in votes that delayed processing.

Mr Biden crossed the winning threshold of 270 Electoral College votes with a win in Pennsylvania.

"I sought this office to restore the soul of America," he said in a prime-time victory speech not far from his Delaware home, adding: "and to make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home".
Old 08-11-2020, 02:13 PM #438
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
US election results: Joe Biden launches website and details first order of business...

Victorious Joe Biden and his team have launched their official transition website and social media channels, laying the groundwork for taking over as US president.

The team has spent months making the arrangements and on its website, BuildBackBetter.com, outlined a "seven-point plan to beat COVID-19", and said: "We aren't just going to rebuild what has worked in the past. This is our opportunity to build back better than ever."

In a statement, Mr Biden's team said: "The crises we are facing are severe - from a global pandemic to an economic recession to racial injustice to the climate crisis. Our work continues full speed today."

And in their first Tweet, the Biden transition team said: "We stand together as one America. We will rise stronger than we were before."

On Monday, Mr Biden - now president-elect - will name a group of leading scientists as his advisers to create an "action blueprint" on how to deal with the pandemic.

He also has "agency review teams" to consider how he wants to run the country.

The statement continued: "Across the board we will continue laying the foundation for the incoming Biden-Harris administration to successfully restore faith and trust in our institutions and lead the federal government."

Donald Trump is still refusing to concede and has fired off a barrage of tweets with unfounded claims about electoral fraud - including that tens of thousands of votes were illegally cast.

In one post, using capital letters, he declared: "I WON THE ELECTION, GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES" - Twitter immediately flagged it as misleading.

In Mr Trump's latest tweets, he appeared to quote a law professor as saying: "We're seeing a number of affidavits that there has been voter fraud. We have a history in this country of election problems."

Democrat Joe Biden defeated Mr Trump to become the 46th president of the United States on Saturday, positioning himself to be a leader who "seeks not to divide, but to unify".

His victory followed more than three days of uncertainty as election officials sorted through a surge of mail-in votes that delayed processing.

Mr Biden crossed the winning threshold of 270 Electoral College votes with a win in Pennsylvania.

"I sought this office to restore the soul of America," he said in a prime-time victory speech not far from his Delaware home, adding: "and to make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home".
Excellent news. Soon it'll be just Trump and his children whining.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2020, 02:14 PM #439

President Trump has again gone to the same
Golf Course.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:24 PM #440
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely. I'm really glad though much more than Biden winning that his VP is a woman, you would like to think she's the beginning of more to follow and not just a once off novelty

Spoiler:

Quote:
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:25 PM #441
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Excellent news. Soon it'll be just Trump and his children whining.
...Biden is really talking a good talk atm of a president that’s so been needed, Girth...
Old 08-11-2020, 02:31 PM #442
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Absolutely. I'm really glad though much more than Biden winning that his VP is a woman, you would like to think she's the beginning of more to follow and not just a once off novelty
...yeah it’s such a fabulous moment in history and I’m thrilled for her......and maybe that step to the presidency for a female could be something we would all be seeing as well...

Last edited by Ammi; 08-11-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:35 PM #443
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Can we just talk about how empowering to his woman Biden is? The way he always puts Jill up on a pedalstall is amazing and so refreshing for a male in the public eye to do so

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Denver; 08-11-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:43 PM #444
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
President Trump has again gone to the same
Golf Course.

He must be going out of his mind.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2020, 02:43 PM #445
You know my methods

You know my methods

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Can we just talk about how empowering to women Biden is? The way he always puts Jill up on a pedalstall is amazing and so refreshing for a male in the public eye to do so
yes, he certainly is an empowerer

Eight women have alleged that Biden either touched them inappropriately or violated their personal space in ways that made them uncomfortable.

One of those women, Tara Reade, alleges that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993. Biden has unequivocally denied assaulting or harassing Reade.

Biden has also been criticized for repeatedly commenting on the physical appearance of women on the campaign trail, and for refusing to explicitly apologize for his behavior.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...19-6?r=US&IR=T
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:45 PM #446
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I think it'll happen more often too. Remember John McCain had that idiot Sarah Palin as his running mate so hopefully it wont be a one off.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2020, 02:45 PM #447
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
yes, he certainly is an empowerer

Eight women have alleged that Biden either touched them inappropriately or violated their personal space in ways that made them uncomfortable.

One of those women, Tara Reade, alleges that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993. Biden has unequivocally denied assaulting or harassing Reade.

Biden has also been criticized for repeatedly commenting on the physical appearance of women on the campaign trail, and for refusing to explicitly apologize for his behavior.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...19-6?r=US&IR=T

Quote:
Old 08-11-2020, 02:47 PM #448
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:

He must be going out of his mind.
His 300th day golfing. In a 4 year term, he's spent nearly a whole year on trump golf courses.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:49 PM #449
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think it'll happen more often too. Remember John McCain had that idiot Sarah Palin as his running mate so hopefully it wont be a one off.
Yeah I'm glad Kamala was the first over Sarah Palin

Spoiler:

Quote:
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:50 PM #450
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs down

Quote:
casual sexism isnt funny

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 08-11-2020 at 02:50 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biden, elect, joe, president