Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:37 PM #26
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I honestly don't trust the parents
you dont need to as you don't know them, if you recall that was a point you made a few times in the Meghan Markle threads?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:24 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Meghan Markle

Hello Piers.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 06:32 AM #28
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
He never said that.
Erm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
The mcCann's behaviour & actions from the beginning have been questionable and very bizarre.

I will never understand how parent's can leave their very young children alone in an apartment while on holiday in a foreign country as they go out for drinks with their friends .

If Madeline WAS kidnapped , the parent's were the ones that made it very easy to happen by abandoning their kids home alone . But i don't think we'll ever find out what really happened.
Quote:
they didnt

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 06:35 AM #29

Quote:
Its not weird or suspicious...its was just neglectful. Their friends were equally neglectful because they left their children alone too which is why they took it in turns to check on them.
It was pretty weird and suspicious...
1- The way Kate went for a run the following day
2- why wash Cuddle Cat, why wash the scent of your child off their favourite toy?
3- why refuse to answer the police questions during the interview, surely you would want to give as much info as possible to help police
4- why remove a fridge for a holiday apartment because it was broken, particularly when your child is missing??
5 - why continue to leave your children alone after one of them has told you she woke crying the.prvious night because ahe was scared and alone
6- on finding Maddie missing, why run out shouting "she's been taken" and leave the twins alone again. Surely your first instinct would be to protect them?
7 - why circulate a picture of her eye to the media after being told not to
8 - why tell family members the shutters had been smashed when they weren't?

That's just some weird behaviour that I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think they were involved and I know everyone would act differently when something of this magnitude happens to them but, in my opinion, their behaviour was weird and quite suspicious
Old 13-05-2021, 07:09 AM #30
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
2- why wash Cuddle Cat, why wash the scent of your child off their favourite toy?
3- why refuse to answer the police questions during the interview, surely you would want to give as much info as possible to help police
4- why remove a fridge for a holiday apartment because it was broken, particularly when your child is missing??
5 - why continue to leave your children alone after one of them has told you she woke crying the.prvious night because ahe was scared and alone
6- on finding Maddie missing, why run out shouting "she's been taken" and leave the twins alone again. Surely your first instinct would be to protect them?

That's just some weird behaviour that I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think they were involved and I know everyone would act differently when something of this magnitude happens to them but, in my opinion, their behaviour was weird and quite suspicious
It's very weird indeed Annie.
I've read that before on here, thanks for reminding us of it.

All of that is extremely weird and worrying.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 08:31 AM #31
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

yes and senior well trained and experienced police detectives have examined all the evidence (not just social media gossip) and find the mccans have no case to answer.

I know who i would rather believe
Old 13-05-2021, 08:35 AM #32

Quote:
yes and senior well trained and experienced police detectives have examined all the evidence (not just social media gossip) and find the mccans have no case to answer.

I know who i would rather believe
I haven't said they have a case to answer. I said, if you read my post, IN MY OPINION, this behaviour is weird and suspicious. I even said, I don't think they did anything untoward except for the negligence.

Plus all that information cane from admissions from them....not social media gossip too.

You don't have to defend them all the time. Would you have done all those things if your child was missing?

Last edited by AnnieK; 13-05-2021 at 08:58 AM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 09:45 AM #33

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Exactly , what kind of parents behave that way.

Also wasn't there something about the car having blood in it ?.

When Gerry has denied any wrongdoing , he's unconvincing.Even going as far as saying "how would I dispose of her" .

Kate had some disturbing quotes in her book about Madeline, describing in detail how she had "awful images of her daughter's perfect private bits being torn apart" . What the hell.

As I keep saying ,if the McCann's were a lower class or unemployed family living on a rough council estate then I think social services would have taken it alot more seriously.

And investigated the child neglect with a fine tooth comb ,and possibly took their other children away from them.

It feels like all responsibility has been brushed off , even when there was suspicion , things were dropped.
Old 13-05-2021, 10:04 AM #34
You know my methods

You know my methods

This a good brief article explaining some of the reasons people mistakenly believe conspiracy theories about this case

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-british-media
Old 13-05-2021, 12:13 PM #35

Quote:

Its funny how everyone thinks they know 'how to behave' when your child goes missing. Everyone reacts differently.

1. Maybe going for a run the next day was her way of clearing her head.
2. washing the toy...maybe a good reason for that that no one knows about.
3. They did assist the police but maybe they didnt like their line of questioning and advised by a lawyer. The Police handled the whole thing poorly.
4. Never heard the fridge thing before but if you are having to stay why would your missing child stop you from replacing a broken fridge?
5. The only behaviour that cannot be defended.
6. She ran out shouting ....natural reaction.
7. Why not circulate the eye picture...its something that cannot be disguised.
8. No answer to that if its true.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 01:59 PM #36

Quote:
Its funny how everyone thinks they know 'how to behave' when your child goes missing. Everyone reacts differently.

1. Maybe going for a run the next day was her way of clearing her head.
2. washing the toy...maybe a good reason for that that no one knows about.
3. They did assist the police but maybe they didnt like their line of questioning and advised by a lawyer. The Police handled the whole thing poorly.
4. Never heard the fridge thing before but if you are having to stay why would your missing child stop you from replacing a broken fridge?
5. The only behaviour that cannot be defended.
6. She ran out shouting ....natural reaction.
7. Why not circulate the eye picture...its something that cannot be disguised.
8. No answer to that if its true.
You're staying in a managed apartment and you would put a broken fridge in the car and take it away when the apartment owner would do that?

They were told not to circulate the eye picture as its a fairly rare defect in the eye and this could cause would be kidnappers to kill her rather than keep her alive as it made her easily recognisable. But they still shared it.

Running out shouting someone has taken your child whilst leaving the others unattended AGAIN would not be my natural reaction. My reaction would have been to get them away from any danger whilst shouting

Have you seen the questions she refused to answer? Chuff posted them once, they were not leading questions or anything other than questions designed to get basic facts. If you have nothing to hide, I can't see the reason for a no comment interview.

Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine. Its been a long time and this story, like many others is one very few people will change their opinion on, no matter what anyone else says
Old 13-05-2021, 02:08 PM #37
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You're staying in a managed apartment and you would put a broken fridge in the car and take it away when the apartment owner would do that?

They were told not to circulate the eye picture as its a fairly rare defect in the eye and this could cause would be kidnappers to kill her rather than keep her alive as it made her easily recognisable. But they still shared it.

Running out shouting someone has taken your child whilst leaving the others unattended AGAIN would not be my natural reaction. My reaction would have been to get them away from any danger whilst shouting

Have you seen the questions she refused to answer? Chuff posted them once, they were not leading questions or anything other than questions designed to get basic facts. If you have nothing to hide, I can't see the reason for a no comment interview.

Anyway, you have your opinion and I have mine. Its been a long time and this story, like many others is one very few people will change their opinion on, no matter what anyone else says
They also refused to do a reenactment of the night before which can help a lot in getting time frames and retracing footsteps more accurate.

Also regarding running out and shouting "they've taken her" is such an odd first thought to have. The patio door had been left unlocked, I don't know about anyone else but my first thought would be that she'd woken up, couldn't find them so went looking for them, I'd be worried she'd walked into the road or fell in the pool

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 04:20 PM #38

Quote:
maybe a good reason for that that no one knows about.
Convenient.
Old 13-05-2021, 04:33 PM #39
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
They also refused to do a reenactment of the night before which can help a lot in getting time frames and retracing footsteps more accurate.

Also regarding running out and shouting "they've taken her" is such an odd first thought to have. The patio door had been left unlocked, I don't know about anyone else but my first thought would be that she'd woken up, couldn't find them so went looking for them, I'd be worried she'd walked into the road or fell in the pool
Do you get that it looks suspect to you but to the actual detectives working on the case full time and with all the evidence and interviewing all the people involved...

They do not agree with you?
Old 13-05-2021, 04:40 PM #40
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Do you get that it looks suspect to you but to the actual detectives working on the case full time and with all the evidence and interviewing all the people involved...

do you accept that there was political interference at the highest level to protect the parents, that would never normally happen in such a case?
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 04:49 PM #41
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
do you accept that there was political interference at the highest level to protect the parents, that would never normally happen in such a case?
what Cameron helping them as a young father hinself?
Old 13-05-2021, 04:50 PM #42
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
what Cameron helping them as a young father hinself?
Blair and Brown as you are well aware
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 04:53 PM #43
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Blair and Brown as you are well aware
Helping them find their child who was abducted is bad?
Old 13-05-2021, 05:00 PM #44

Favourites:

Favourites:

We can only hope she had a fab 18th. Luckily she will have long forgotten the neglectful parents.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 05:18 PM #45

Quote:

Just because no criminal charges were ever brought, doesn't change the fact that at best, their behaviour was woefully negligent and as a discussion forum we are allowed to share those opinions without you trying to shut them down because the police didn't bring charges.. I asked before, but would you have left you children under the age of 4 alone whilst you went out? I can hand on heart say, I never would. I still wouldn't and he's nearly 11.
Old 13-05-2021, 06:07 PM #46
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

The Portuguese police that it was suspicious too

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 06:14 PM #47

Insufficient evidence to pursue conviction is not proof of innocence.

I don't know whether they did or did not have something to do with what happened to Maddie (aside from neglecting her) but their actions both before and after her disappearance were weird and suspicious.

Last edited by Marsh.; 13-05-2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 13-05-2021, 06:16 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just because no criminal charges were ever brought, doesn't change the fact that at best, their behaviour was woefully negligent and as a discussion forum we are allowed to share those opinions without you trying to shut them down because the police didn't bring charges.. I asked before, but would you have left you children under the age of 4 alone whilst you went out? I can hand on heart say, I never would. I still wouldn't and he's nearly 11.
What makes it worse is all their children were left alone, babies soo very young. At those ages they need supervision 24/7. I'm baffled how they could ever think that was a good idea.
Old 13-05-2021, 06:26 PM #49

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

What gets me is that if it was a couple from a council estate leaving their kids alone so they could go on nights out and something like this happened, they would without a doubt have the other kids taken away because of the severe negligence, I’m not quite sure why people are to this day, still pretending like the pair of them are good parents?
Old 13-05-2021, 06:30 PM #50
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
What gets me is that if it was a couple from a council estate leaving their kids alone so they could go on nights out and something like this happened, they would without a doubt have the other kids taken away because of the severe negligence, I’m not quite sure why people are to this day, still pretending like the pair of them are good parents?
what actual evidence are you basing that on?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
18th, birthday, family, madeleine, mark, mccann, missing