Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 09-11-2023, 09:14 AM #51
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
The truth is, if a housemate gets along well with everyone, as the numbers decrease they would have to nominate someone they liked. Consequently, she has chosen the person she least relates to. But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t like or care for Noky, or that she is unable to feel empathy for her.
there are too many left for that to happen yet.

I think it was a tactical vote, which is fine, but it should be seen for what it is. She heard Noky getting huge cheers, so she thought, lets get rid of her before the final
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:14 AM #52
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Its funny because Matty can flit between the groups with ease and gets no flak for it

Noky is meant to stick like glue to Trish because she stood up for her, yet Chanelle is demonised for sticking with her friends, what is Noky meant to to I wonder

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 09-11-2023 at 09:15 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:21 AM #53
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post

I think it was a tactical vote, which is fine, but it should be seen for what it is. She heard Noky getting huge cheers, so she thought, lets get rid of her before the final
…if it was a tactical vote from Yinrun…then she would have to have anticipated and calculated as it were…that for one, Noky would have to receive enough multiple votes to be up …and also that she would be unpopular enough with the public to be voted out…and Noky had huge crowd cheers less than a week ago…so that would all be some kind of crazy tactics…anyway, I do personally believe that Yinrun finds it difficult to vote and has been consistent with that…so whether it’s easier or harder to understand a nomination, I do believe it’s from her own heart and thoughts….
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:31 AM #54

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
.it’s always been a bit confusing to me why Jordan has consistently nominated Noky when there isn’t any obvious reason to and also he/they’ve been quite friendly also …I don’t know if he’s comforted Noky but he’s nominated her most times, hasn’t he…?..or a lot of times…it’s a layered/complicated world, in the BB house…
The truth is housemates are nominating the person they least like, rather than a person they dislike. Jordan has explained previously that he doesn’t feel he is seeing the real Noky beneath the surface, and that he doesn’t fully trust her.

We all perceive people differently, and I think that, as observers, viewers like to see housemates in a very one-dimensional and cartoon-like way, and can, therefore, become very polarised in their views.

A lot of viewers can, or will, therefore, interpret every action of a housemate they like positively, while judging every action of those they dislike negatively. We see this all the time in the comments.

It all becomes a bit extreme, and sometimes we can forget that every housemate in there has layers - they all have good qualities and some less appealing qualities, but that’s the nature of humankind. They are much more complex than the one-dimensional caricatures that are painted of them,
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:37 AM #55
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

It's so hypocritical of Jordan when even his voice is fake
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:43 AM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
The truth is housemates are nominating the person they least like, rather than a person they dislike. Jordan has explained previously that he doesn’t feel he is seeing the real Noky beneath the surface, and that he doesn’t fully trust her.

We all perceive people differently, and I think that, as observers, viewers like to see housemates in a very one-dimensional and cartoon-like way, and can, therefore, become very polarised in their views.

A lot of viewers can, or will, therefore, interpret every action of a housemate they like positively, while judging every action of those they dislike negatively. We see this all the time in the comments.

It all becomes a bit extreme, and sometimes we can forget that every housemate in there has layers - they all have good qualities and some less appealing qualities, but that’s the nature of humankind. They are much more complex than the one-dimensional caricatures that are painted of them,
…yeah, one of the most common reasons given was…the housemates that I most want to spend my last week with etc…the ones that I connect with most…BB life has much more layers to the housemates than we might see and discuss etc…
Old 09-11-2023, 09:44 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRight View Post
Because she is up her own arse and thinks she is something special.

Not that bad.

She has Experienced, a better crew
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:50 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Its funny because Matty can flit between the groups with ease and gets no flak for it

Noky is meant to stick like glue to Trish because she stood up for her, yet Chanelle is demonised for sticking with her friends, what is Noky meant to to I wonder
I think the difference between Matty and Noky, is that he has been very open and true to his real character and values. He seems able to make connections with people from all walks of life, and has shown kindness and support to housemates on both sides throughout. He hasn’t wavered from that, and seems real.

Noky, on the other hand, seems much more distant and aloof. She doesn’t seem connected to anyone on a deeper level. And in contrast to Matty, she seemed to align herself to the garden group much more before the falling out with Paul, at which point she flipped to the other group,

We all have different values and morals, and I think both Jordan and Yinrun have justifiable views of Noky. It’s not a case of them necessarily disliking her, or expecting her to ‘stick like glue to Trish’ , but more a case of them recognising elements of Noky’s character that go against their core values.

In some ways it is much better and much more honest to vote according to your own views, values and feelings, rather than going with a group dynamic. It shows they are assessing each housemate as individuals, rather than on a group identity.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:54 AM #59
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Noky and Jordan actually seem quite friendly now that he's spent time with her and given her a chance which he didn't do in the first couple of weeks. I mentioned yesterday that him and Henry were quite cliquey at the start and Henry confirmed that for me with his nomination for Noky last night for daring to join 'their village'
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:55 AM #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

Matty chats with all of that group though Noki talks to Jordan Trish and seems to exclude Henry and Yinrun
Atake25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:00 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Noky and Jordan actually seem quite friendly now that he's spent time with her and given her a chance which he didn't do in the first couple of weeks. I mentioned yesterday that him and Henry were quite cliquey at the start and Henry confirmed that for me with his nomination for Noky last night for daring to join 'their village'
But the truth is, MTVN, that you can be friendly with others - particularly when having to share a house with them for 6 weeks - without trusting them fully or liking every aspect of their character.
And Henry didn’t vote Noky for ‘daring to join their village’ - that’s far too simplistic- his vote was about the reasons behind her choice to do so, and for what that suggested about her.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:06 AM #62
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But the truth is, MTVN, that you can be friendly with others - particularly when having to share a house with them for 6 weeks - without trusting them fully or liking every aspect of their character.
And Henry didn’t vote Noky for ‘daring to join their village’ - that’s far too simplistic- his vote was about the reasons behind her choice to do so, and for what that suggested about her.
But if he had a shred of awareness he'd appreciate that she mainly did so because she'd been subject to harassment from Paul and felt completely isolated, his comments suggest he was totally unempathetic to that fact.

I quite like Henry but I do think he's shown himself to be lacking in awareness for anyone but himself. The amount of times he's used Trish as an outlet for all his problems but has never showed her any support
Old 09-11-2023, 10:06 AM #63
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
It's so hypocritical of Jordan when even his voice is fake
He hasn't nominated Noki.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:09 AM #64
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I think also, we see things from perspectives of different and varied associations of housemates…will we judge them more harshly or will we try to understand actions more etc…?…it’ll be the same for the housemates, which is why it’s not easy to relate one specific thing to another or one housemate’s actions with another…
Old 09-11-2023, 10:23 AM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I really don’t see her that way, and thought her reasons were justifiable, particularly as she is so close and loyal to Trish. And I don’t see Yinrun as some evil little schemer and, surely if she was, she would realise that the cheers suggest Noky wouldn’t be evicted, so it would be a wasted vote.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:29 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
But if he had a shred of awareness he'd appreciate that she mainly did so because she'd been subject to harassment from Paul and felt completely isolated, his comments suggest he was totally unempathetic to that fact.

I quite like Henry but I do think he's shown himself to be lacking in awareness for anyone but himself. The amount of times he's used Trish as an outlet for all his problems but has never showed her any support
I can agree that Jordan can lack some empathy for others, but to his credit, he has said he’s seen a different side to Noky since she has spent more time with the group.

Henry, I just don’t perceive in the same way as you. From my perception, he has shown a lot of kindness, friendship and support to other housemates, and he seems to get along well with the majority.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:29 AM #67
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I really don’t see her that way, and thought her reasons were justifiable, particularly as she is so close and loyal to Trish. And I don’t see Yinrun as some evil little schemer and, surely if she was, she would realise that the cheers suggest Noky wouldn’t be evicted, so it would be a wasted vote.
…that’s really why I can’t get the tactic thing at all or any forethought into it…surely Noky more at the height of her popularity and the most ‘pointless’ housemate to vote for in any tactical way…so far as the housemate must feel, I mean…because she’s stayed over what they felt were such potential winners../Paul and Dylan…so it wouldn’t only be pointless, it would feel almost self harming also…it would surely for me be no question of being a heart vote and consistent with Yinrun’s nominations in general through her time…
Old 09-11-2023, 10:33 AM #68

Noky isn't going anywhere I think she will make the final so her fence sitting and not picking a side will have worked.
GlitterUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:33 AM #69
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I can agree that Jordan can lack some empathy for others, but to his credit, he has said he’s seen a different side to Noky since she has spent more time with the group.

Henry, I just don’t perceive in the same way as you. From my perception, he has shown a lot of kindness, friendship and support to other housemates, and he seems to get along well with the majority.
Fair enough, I'd like to see more from Henry especially given how important Trish has been to him in there but it will be interesting how the next few highlights pan out

Last edited by MTVN; 09-11-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:36 AM #70

Henry needs a secret mission.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:46 AM #71
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

What I've learned from this- do not be a floater for a long period of time. Upon meeting people pick a side and pick a side quickly and stick with them. Also do not have neutral opinions and sit on the fence have a strong opinion and be prepared to back it up at all times

Well dang can people have peace while still trying to figure things out and still be liked and loved or nah ?
Old 09-11-2023, 10:48 AM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterUK View Post
Henry needs a secret mission.
That’d be interesting, but he seems to be gaining immensely in popularity even without that.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:54 AM #73

True he doesn't need it but would be good to see him given one. King Henry for the win!
Old 09-11-2023, 10:56 AM #74
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo View Post
What I've learned from this- do not be a floater for a long period of time. Upon meeting people pick a side and pick a side quickly and stick with them. Also do not have neutral opinions and sit on the fence have a strong opinion and be prepared to back it up at all times

Well dang can people have peace while still trying to figure things out and still be liked and loved or nah ?
Matty has done more or less the same as Noky and he doesn't get any back lash in the house. If Zak had stayed in the house things would have been very different for Noky I think, he was her person in there

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:58 AM #75

Matty for me has his own voice and that whats sets them aside, Noky just sets Trish free.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fit, group, noky