Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 14-11-2023, 12:32 PM #1

Favourites:
BB19: Brooke

Favourites:
Default Do you feel fulfilled with this series?

I feel like the first 3 weeks were going really well, i just feel like 6 week now and it just feels a bit unfulfilling, I think the housemates had a lot of potential but it just all felt so rushed and messy in the past week. I think over like a 8/9 week course with single evictions would have been perfect as we would have really seen more. I feel like it’s the final and I’m so indifferent on all of them as cracks are all starting to show again more now, with yinrun etc I just feel like it’s hasn’t been long enough for housemates to really reveal their true selves
Benji122 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 12:34 PM #2

Favourites:

Favourites:

I just think it feels really odd to crown a winner already as I honestly don’t know how I feel about any of them at this point and I think bringing in the secret room when there’s 3 days left is just dumb, this should have happened over Halloween or something
Old 14-11-2023, 12:39 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Overall this series has been a disappointment. No great characters to bring the series to life. Just alot of 'floaters' that do nothing.

Also the hosts are rubbish and should be replaced.
saiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 12:40 PM #4
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

I don't know if they planned it this way or if they just made it up as they went along but the pacing has been off. The first three weeks trundled by quite serenely and then it's like they suddenly realised there were too many people for the time left. 3 double evictions in 11 days is a bit ridiculous tbh. I think 6 weeks is an okay series length still if they'd just staggered things a bit better

Overall though I think it's been brilliant and I'm prepared to cut them some slack on their first series on ITV
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 12:41 PM #5

Favourites:

Favourites:

The potential for drama was there with the divide etc but I feel like it all got nipped in the bud too soon and we lost some fantastic housemates that could have really made this series had they have stayed longer, I think Zak especially would have been a great housemate if he stayed
Old 14-11-2023, 12:42 PM #6

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
I don't know if they planned it this way or if they just made it up as they went along but the pacing has been off. The first three weeks trundled by quite serenely and then it's like they suddenly realised there were too many people for the time left. 3 double evictions in 11 days is a bit ridiculous tbh. I think 6 weeks is an okay series length still if they'd just staggered things a bit better

Overall though I think it's been brilliant and I'm prepared to cut them some slack on their first series on ITV
6 weeks with 16 housemates I think was always gonna be a bit messy too, I reckon maybe like 13/14 would have been a nice amount
Old 14-11-2023, 12:47 PM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Perez Hilton
CBB 12: Lauren Harries

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Perez Hilton
CBB 12: Lauren Harries

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiwong View Post
Overall this series has been a disappointment. No great characters to bring the series to life. Just alot of 'floaters' that do nothing.

Also the hosts are rubbish and should be replaced.
I could probably cope with Will on his own, but AJ is terrible. They certainly don’t need two hosts, it’s messy.

Also, the interviews need to be done during the eviction show, and not on L&L.
thom_bombadil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 12:52 PM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…the tasks have all been quite fulfilling with some giving some iconic highlights…and that was from the off with the Big Wigs and I feel that’s continued throughout…great thought/great concept etc but just eeeek, squeezed a bit too short as well…the school task last night for instance…?…It was becoming so much fun and then it was gone and all got very serious again…fun also has to be a part and balance to BB, I feel…we’ve had the drama-gates and we have had the tasks and fun times as well…but maybe those tasks have felt a bit like samplers/like mini tasks/filler tasks…not all of them but longer would be good…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 12:58 PM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom_bombadil View Post
I could probably cope with Will on his own, but AJ is terrible. They certainly don’t need two hosts, it’s messy.

Also, the interviews need to be done during the eviction show, and not on L&L.
…I think with the presenters..?…because I know that aspect has had some criticism on different occasions…?…I don’t know if that’s something that will smooth out over time as it’s having those same presenters doing both shows…which generally hasn’t happened before, I don’t think…so I can see with this format if it’s kept….there would have to be two as I think that would be too much for one …to do the late show for 6 nights and all of the evictions and interviews as well, including any mid week ones…
Old 14-11-2023, 01:03 PM #10
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Overall I’ve enjoyed it. I think editing of some housemates has been way off because they had too many people to portray in such a short space of time. Like in a normal longer season we’d be getting to know more about some housemates now (like Tom, Yinrun and Jenkin).

I’m also puzzled with this twist. It’s pointless. The face to face nominations should have been it.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 14-11-2023 at 01:04 PM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 01:10 PM #11

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

I enjoyed everything barr the daily tasks, there’s far too many of them. I feel like we’ve had a task every single day for the last 10 days and it’s the worst part of the show.

I don’t care if they dance and act stupid to win a takeaway that’s not what I’m interested in watching.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 01:12 PM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Overall I’ve enjoyed it. I think editing of some housemates has been way off because they had too many people to portray in such a short space of time. Like in a normal longer season we’d be getting to know more about some housemates now (like Tom, Yinrun and Jenkin).

I’m also puzzled with this twist. It’s pointless. The face to face nominations should have been it.
Yeah doing this twist on the final week, like what are they trying to create with that when the show literally ends on Friday? I wanna know my winner by now and be done with it usually but now I’m questioning all of them honestly, I call for an extension lol!

Last edited by Benji122; 14-11-2023 at 01:13 PM.
Old 14-11-2023, 01:19 PM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
I enjoyed everything barr the daily tasks, there’s far too many of them. I feel like we’ve had a task every single day for the last 10 days and it’s the worst part of the show.

I don’t care if they dance and act stupid to win a takeaway that’s not what I’m interested in watching.
…actually now that you’ve said that…tasks were something the housemates kind of longed for back in the day …?…because of the monotony, type thing that being confined would bring…I mean, I know that some didn’t like some tasks but on the whole, there was such great enthusiasm…?…but we haven’t see that enthusiasm so much this series, as you say…maybe less might be more with the tasks …longer but not so many…
Old 14-11-2023, 01:30 PM #14

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Firstly, I have to say that I’m really pleased to have BB back, and to be discussing it with others on here again,

This series hasn’t been a particularly memorable one for me, but I think the choice of housemates was pretty good , although 16 for a 6 week series was probably too many, as I feel we didn’t get to know every housemate as fully and deeply as we could have. For me, that’s been the main problem.

The first few weeks felt quite slow to me. Some of the better tasks had real potential, but seemed rushed in the last few weeks, and not as well thought through as they might have been. Within the tasks, some housemates have been stereotyped through the roles they were given. In the school task, for instance, it might have been more interesting to have seen Olivia and Jenkin in the teaching roles. There’s been too much stereotyping and shoe-horning of housemates through the editing.

All in all, I think this short series has been a tester and a learning process for ITV, and I hope they will look at what worked and what didn’t to improve it in future.

More than anything, I want ITV to be successful in how they proceed with the show from here, so that we can see some truly iconic BB again.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 01:37 PM #15
Namaste

Namaste

Nope. Week 4 had the excitement I've wanted, the rest has been just fine. Some enjoyable moments sprinkled throughout but overall very mid tier.

Last edited by Lostie!; 14-11-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 01:38 PM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I was just looking back at series 1 and 2, I didn’t look further than those…but they both ran for 64 days and both had 11 housemates…and both also having one late housemate entry each, so they started with 10 for the launch…maybe 10 is a perfect number for the running time…?…
Old 14-11-2023, 01:42 PM #17
cancelled

cancelled

...........i realise BB20 has not quite hit the spot like a krug grand cuvee but i thank ITV it's kept me entertained through the series
.............could not really hope for more

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 01:45 PM #18

Favourites:
BB2023: Henry

Favourites:
BB2023: Henry

It wasn’t 100% for me.. i guess i’m always just holding out for that old school BB feel, which i guess is long gone.. we got it a bit with the “normal” casting but even that could have been better imo.

Next series i’d wanna see an 8-10 week run, a couple late entrants maybe and dim the house down a bit, it’s too bright

Also the walkway in/out of the house is boring af, bring back stairs haha

Last edited by jones89; 14-11-2023 at 01:46 PM.
jones89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 01:56 PM #19

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Olivia

I liked and hated quite a few of the HM's so, yes, it's been great.
OnTheRight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:33 PM #20
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Favourites (more):

For me personally this series has been underwhelming which is disappointing since I was initially excited for it and tbh I was enjoying it for the first few weeks, but it’s kinda just tailed off and got a bit boring imo. There are other reasons too…

- Production for this series has felt really off, they’ve made some really odd choices during this series and a lot of the time it’s felt kinda rushed (numerous double evictions for example). It’s almost like they’ve just gone with the flow and not actually planned anything out properly. The tasks have been fairly decent but I remember them taking place over a few days rather than just 1 or 2 and it’s clear they are rushing them since there’s not much time in between evictions.

- Live Feed which tbh isn’t something I dislike I’m actually happy that it’s come back because it was great during the CH4 era. The issues I have tho is that I’m not able to watch live feed anymore (which really is my fault) and it feels (especially from what I’ve read on here) that what’s shown on live feed is completely different to what’s shown on the highlights. It’s like 2 completely different shows but with the same housemates and I’ve kinda felt disconnected because of it.

- Late & Live has had a lot of really poor guests imo. I think having the housemates eviction interviews on L&L was a poor choice as well, it should’ve been part of the main show. Will and AJ are ok hosts but I really don’t think we need both of them I’d probably prefer Will.

- Housemates, there’s been too many of them for such a short series. 12/13 would’ve been an ok number but 16? I don’t know why they thought this would be a good idea.

I don’t want this post to sound like I hate BB, I’m happy the series is back, it’s been a long time since the last one aired and I hope that the next series (if there is one) will be an improvement but it’s just felt a bit below average. There have been a number of things I’ve enjoyed about it 100% but at the same time, I’ve found myself falling numerous episodes behind a lot because I just wasn’t eager to watch it (I’m still about 3 episodes behind now).

It’s a shame because I was really enthusiastic about it in the beginning, I just hope that a future series will be a much better improvement.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:38 PM #21
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I thought it was great, usually the last week drags a little, but they kept it spicey, think this was important given it was only 6 weeks, they should reconsider the number of people they put in the house as the double and backdoor evictions just got too much, should have been live audiences for most of the evictees, hopefully its been a learning curve, but in the main thank you very much ITV for giving us back this show

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:43 PM #22
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

It’s silly for people to say there should be less housemates
Out of sixteen there is only five decent housemates to come out of this series
The more people in the house the bigger chance of getting conflict
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:47 PM #23
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I really enjoyed it

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:56 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
It’s silly for people to say there should be less housemates
Out of sixteen there is only five decent housemates to come out of this series
The more people in the house the bigger chance of getting conflict
I only think there should’ve been less housemates due to the length of the series. If the series was 8-9 weeks then 16 would be perfect but I think cramming in so many housemates in a short period has affected the quality of the series a bit.

Like you say 5 decent housemates out of 16, maybe if there were a few less housemates it would’ve given us a chance to get to know them a bit better and having a greater chance of more decent housemates coming out of this series?

Each to their own tho and I defo agree with more people = more conflict

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-11-2023, 07:58 PM #25

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Really enjoyed it.
A good mix in there.
A few more tasks might have been good.